A New and Improved Direction for TeamSkunk!

Replies

• Options
    LordSkunk wrote: »
    @KungMamma How come you are always beatin' up on my lil squad arena team with your Droids? :(

Not always! Just to get to #1 for my payout.. Mama's got to eat!
  • Options
    @KungMamma What time is your payout? Also you should check out the Live Show later tonight!

liveshowflyer11111.jpg
  • Options
    Who moved this here?
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Haha. This put nail in the eyes of some other guild:)

Actually if you have 16 guilds under control, you don't even need any alt. Just ask the 15 other guilds to help out the main guild with main account would probably already be enough:)
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    LordSkunk here from LordSkunk.com and Guild Leader for TeamSkunk.com. TeamSkunk currently has 16 Guilds in our community. For our main guild – TeamSkunk - at the end of May we wanted to figure out exactly how we could maximize our raids (based on 600 guild bank coins x 50 members) so we could start off great in June and mathematically be in the top spots for guild raid leaderboards for the month. We meticulously planned out all raids, lining them up so we could show them on our SWGOH Live Show as well as posting them publicly on our guild calendar on our guild site. This was a goal we wanted to accomplish as we are not a super “Whaley” guild and we knew to beat T7 you really didn’t have to be. We figured that certain guilds would figure this out as well, but we wanted to put ourselves in the best position possible to be up towards the top.

We had to sacrifice some raids for May so we could have enough coins for June saved and we started off June great, however we did notice a few notable guilds must have been focused on finishing May strong as they were not appearing on the June boards as often and as high as we were. Things were going good in June until some guilds, even some of the guilds who were mathematically behind, started to pull ahead of us. Interesting I thought.

Then a few days ago I awoke to a flood of private messages, direct messages, emails, etc. about guilds who had used alts to inflate their guild bank coins. After reading through all the screen shots of posts and comments from these guilds saying how important it was to be #1, that this was a dev approved method, that it didn’t take and extra money to accomplish, etc. – I was a little perturbed at first.

However, after a couple days thinking about it, as well as no dev response or action taken I came up with a great idea! Since I oversee 16+ guilds, why not do this ourselves to get extra coins for the main TeamSkunk Guild? It’s dev approved, we have the members and it costs us NO MONEY TO DO IT! Wow no brainer. So now we have 16+ guilds x 50 people = 800+ alts that we can create with free emulators with different time zones to REALLY boost up our Guild Bank coins. We already use Discord so we have excellent text and voice chat communication. And if we want to, I guess we could have all those members make 2 alt accounts making it 1600+. Maybe even 3 so we get 2400 alts! While other guilds are making little alt factories, we can make ALT CONGLOMERATES!

Thank you to these other guilds for paving the way for us. We are not as experienced and knowledgeable at this game and how the mechanics work as you all seem 't pull of alt paid raids
  • Options
    Jaqenhgar wrote: »
    Who moved this here?

Someone is trying to censor the powerful voice of the people!
  • Options
    All hail Lord skunk
  • Options
    All hail Lord skunk

I will strive to live up to example set forth by the former People's Champion!

Rest in peace Champ!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YZP2_c1JHk
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I am pleased to know my friends mother quit her employment to begin working from home. She now make up to $600/hr, running alt accounts to benefit Internet gaming community. I am happy to let you my friends participate in this new programme. www.swgoh-alt-farm.net

Mods: this is sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell. Don't close the thread for fake reasons.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Don't advertise the thread will be closed.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    I am pleased to know my friends mother quit her employment to begin working from home. She now make up to $600/hr, running alt accounts to benefit Internet gaming community. I am happy to let you my friends participate in this new programme. www.swgoh-alt-farm.net

So happy that this fine lady is able to make an honest living!

• dough
    641 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    Mingepoker wrote: »
    What a useless childish post!!!

What TI did has absolutely no effect on anyone in the game. It doesn't take anything of what the other players have achieved. There isn't even a reward for being at the top of the leader board. So no big deal at all.

Concerning the fact that they might have said that some people were "scrubs" just lol. There are a lot more words in the English language that are a lot more shocking than scrubs. So just get over it.

I'm part of a guild who left the Teamskunk community one week after the launch of the Rancor. We left because the guy is a megalomaniac who wouldn't listen to any of "his guilds"' leaders and centralise everything on one discord server just because he wanted to keep an eye on everything that was said by 600+ people.
    All that mattered at some point was for him to try to get people on Patreon and sell merchandising with his logo on. That really is trying to make money out of thin air.

So now, what you are saying, dear Lord Skunk, is that you have 800+ minions ready to work towards gathering guild currency for ONE main guild?
    Well, I can see that your case of megalomania has improved a lot lol.

And for the pathetic sentence "I'm doing this for you SWGOH community", please don't pretend that you are a knight in shining armour willing to take a hit to save the entire world from being dominated by an evil guild who has committed the horrendous crime of cumulating 200 raid points more than the rest of the top leader board.

Well I think I'm done here. For goodness sake. Stop whining and get a life.

+1 nailed it lol
    I especially liked the part about selling skunk merchandise

yeah he's a total shill, couldn't get thru 5 mins of one of his YT vids. And the OP is a bunch of self aggrandizing tripe. Keep patting yourself on the back. What a hump.
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Don't advertise the thread will be closed.

Sorry that you fell in the (sar)-chasm.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »

Mods: this is sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell. Don't close the thread for fake reasons.

The link don't work :-P

Drake23, Its a trap
  • web0ne
    48 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    LordSkunk here from LordSkunk.com and Guild Leader for TeamSkunk.com. TeamSkunk currently has 16 Guilds in our community. For our main guild – TeamSkunk - at the end of May we wanted to figure out exactly how we could maximize our raids (based on 600 guild bank coins x 50 members) so we could start off great in June and mathematically be in the top spots for guild raid leaderboards for the month. We meticulously planned out all raids, lining them up so we could show them on our SWGOH Live Show as well as posting them publicly on our guild calendar on our guild site. This was a goal we wanted to accomplish as we are not a super “Whaley” guild and we knew to beat T7 you really didn’t have to be. We figured that certain guilds would figure this out as well, but we wanted to put ourselves in the best position possible to be up towards the top.

We had to sacrifice some raids for May so we could have enough coins for June saved and we started off June great, however we did notice a few notable guilds must have been focused on finishing May strong as they were not appearing on the June boards as often and as high as we were. Things were going good in June until some guilds, even some of the guilds who were mathematically behind, started to pull ahead of us. Interesting I thought.

Then a few days ago I awoke to a flood of private messages, direct messages, emails, etc. about guilds who had used alts to inflate their guild bank coins. After reading through all the screen shots of posts and comments from these guilds saying how important it was to be #1, that this was a dev approved method, that it didn’t take and extra money to accomplish, etc. – I was a little perturbed at first.

However, after a couple days thinking about it, as well as no dev response or action taken I came up with a great idea! Since I oversee 16+ guilds, why not do this ourselves to get extra coins for the main TeamSkunk Guild? It’s dev approved, we have the members and it costs us NO MONEY TO DO IT! Wow no brainer. So now we have 16+ guilds x 50 people = 800+ alts that we can create with free emulators with different time zones to REALLY boost up our Guild Bank coins. We already use Discord so we have excellent text and voice chat communication. And if we want to, I guess we could have all those members make 2 alt accounts making it 1600+. Maybe even 3 so we get 2400 alts! While other guilds are making little alt factories, we can make ALT CONGLOMERATES!

Thank you to these other guilds for paving the way for us. We are not as experienced and knowledgeable at this game and how the mechanics work as you all seem to be, so THANK YOU for laying out the template and showing us this approved method was fantastic of you. Until this, we just wanted to try to be high on the leaderboards for a fun guild accomplishment, but from the posts we read from those guilds we now understand how SUPER IMPORTANT IT IS TO BE #1 and we no longer want to be gaming “scrubs”!!! We are already well underway and we can’t wait to see how many guild bank coins we can accumulate!!! We will keep the whole SWGOH community posted on our guild bank coin endeavors! We are doing this for YOU, SWGOH Community!

+1

15m8u5.jpg
    "I will finish what you started"
  • Bjpac04
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Skunk is the man!!!! Love the posts!

Dont worry about the haters drinking that haterade!
  • Joshmayer5555
    343 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Skunk, I like how you took the time to put this "phenomenon" into perspective for EA or CG to look at it. I have and always will be against guild hopping. Maybe in view of potentially losing crystals(income), by allowing guild hopping, will get them thinking again. Well done, and again, all hail Lord Skunk.

Josh Mayer
    KOR Retribution
    Dooku(L), RG, Rey, Daka, ST Han
    Pig Hunter and Whale slayer
    Arena Rank 1(edit: sometimes....haha but top 5 always)
    Not a whale, but getting there, but refused to spend until EA stops allowing guild hops
  • Options
    Drake23 wrote: »
    FYI you can edit the original post and move it to General Discussion(or any other section) if you put it in the wrong section.

It was posted in general but someone decided to move it out of there and into here. I wonder why?

It must be a moderators mistake.

;)
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Mingepoker wrote: »
    What a useless childish post!!!

What TI did has absolutely no effect on anyone in the game. It doesn't take anything of what the other players have achieved. There isn't even a reward for being at the top of the leader board. So no big deal at all.

Concerning the fact that they might have said that some people were "scrubs" just lol. There are a lot more words in the English language that are a lot more shocking than scrubs. So just get over it.

I'm part of a guild who left the Teamskunk community one week after the launch of the Rancor. We left because the guy is a megalomaniac who wouldn't listen to any of "his guilds"' leaders and centralise everything on one discord server just because he wanted to keep an eye on everything that was said by 600+ people.
    All that mattered at some point was for him to try to get people on Patreon and sell merchandising with his logo on. That really is trying to make money out of thin air.

So now, what you are saying, dear Lord Skunk, is that you have 800+ minions ready to work towards gathering guild currency for ONE main guild?
    Well, I can see that your case of megalomania has improved a lot lol.

And for the pathetic sentence "I'm doing this for you SWGOH community", please don't pretend that you are a knight in shining armour willing to take a hit to save the entire world from being dominated by an evil guild who has committed the horrendous crime of cumulating 200 raid points more than the rest of the top leader board.

Well I think I'm done here. For goodness sake. Stop whining and get a life.

You don't quite understand anything about why this exploit is wrong for the community or how it impacts players that don't do it do you? It's ok, do some reading and maybe you will stumble across it in a way you will understand.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I just purchased a new computer!
    I was going to use to farm Bitcoin in the spare time, but now maybe I should use it to farm alt accounts and get people to pay me to swap them into guilds for them.
    I just need a script programmer,hum.
    Wonder if I can download a free one off the internet?
    How much will you guys pay me for my Alts? Each 600 guild bank coin is $5.00 US?
    Oh and the first 800 are taken for TeamSkunk of course.
    Entrepreneurship At its best!
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    @LordSkunk I understand your message here and maybe it will be heard, but no one really expects you to mobilize all these people to do what would need to be done in order for EA/CG to listen. I agree something should probably be done about it as competition drives people to keep playing and in some cases to keep spending. These kinds of loop holes deter more people than they motivate. Right now the leaderboard doesn't mean much other than bragging rights and if that continues I don't think the devs will change their system as it isn't technically "hurting" or "infringing" anyone's abilities to perform on a personal level. If their were a reward system in place for overall guild performance then this would be infringing on an individual's ability to perform well unless they too adopt a way of play in accordance to some loop hole.

If we look back not too long ago there was a different sort of loop hole, in which people were able to manipulate the system to achieve extra vader shards and extra credits and so on. We should most of us know what this exploit was. People who took to using that loop hole were removed from the game in some cases permanently and some cases temporarily, but it was still frowned upon by the devs. So now we are left to wonder in which case is it OK to use an apparent loop hole for our own gains? From what I am seeing it is only OK to use any loop hole for our own gains in the event that it also provides gains for EA/CG such that extra accounts means people potentially spending money to gain crystals for that account rather than spending time for these alts being used to generate guild coins.

This problem is endemic to the game and has been shown time and again what the true mindset is on the devs part. We have a very strong community here, and I don't mean to segregate as I am not referring to any one sect of the community like TeamSkunk, this is more broad. As a whole we have lots of amazing players and wonderful guilds, but more and more people are feeling abused. There is a borderline stockholm vibe going on here partly due to a sunk-cost mentality and partly due to a general love of the star wars franchise both blending with an amazing community which keeps us here.

However, issues keep creating an apparent division among the players and solely as a consequence of the devs decision making. We need some good faith actions to take place and we need them soon. There are more people playing this game than a handful of "whales," and merely catering to that mindset will destroy the player base in the long term. Maybe that's what they want, a quick cash grab, to burglarize us and leave.

So I guess what I'm saying is I hope you actually manage to do this skunk, if nothing changes on their end then please destroy their faulty system through sheer numbers and without spending money.
  • Options
    lol @ LordSkunk
    So you are saying your accountant plays SWGOH too? And he calculated losses for a company you trying to bully right this moment by playing popular voice? Keep dreaming, even if they change current mechanics it will be because their plan for evolution of this game goes with change.
    I played poker few years of my life and I know bad bluffer when I see one. Actually you are just using this game to make some profits via subscription for your channel, man you even orchestrated pyramid system having people using your tag to publish for you and then you implemented Patron? If u want to make living of game reviews wait till you have 100k subscribers then try to do it. I know some streamers who have over 200k and still have no Patron. I think you are pocket change and will stay pocket change.
    I know that gaming for living and being your own boss is awesome thing, but honestly man you dont have brains for it.
  • zaza
    48 posts Member
    Options
    Oldpro87 wrote: »
    @LordSkunk I understand your message here and maybe it will be heard, but no one really expects you to mobilize all these people to do what would need to be done in order for EA/CG to listen. I agree something should probably be done about it as competition drives people to keep playing and in some cases to keep spending. These kinds of loop holes deter more people than they motivate. Right now the leaderboard doesn't mean much other than bragging rights and if that continues I don't think the devs will change their system as it isn't technically "hurting" or "infringing" anyone's abilities to perform on a personal level. If their were a reward system in place for overall guild performance then this would be infringing on an individual's ability to perform well unless they too adopt a way of play in accordance to some loop hole.

If we look back not too long ago there was a different sort of loop hole, in which people were able to manipulate the system to achieve extra vader shards and extra credits and so on. We should most of us know what this exploit was. People who took to using that loop hole were removed from the game in some cases permanently and some cases temporarily, but it was still frowned upon by the devs. So now we are left to wonder in which case is it OK to use an apparent loop hole for our own gains? From what I am seeing it is only OK to use any loop hole for our own gains in the event that it also provides gains for EA/CG such that extra accounts means people potentially spending money to gain crystals for that account rather than spending time for these alts being used to generate guild coins.

This problem is endemic to the game and has been shown time and again what the true mindset is on the devs part. We have a very strong community here, and I don't mean to segregate as I am not referring to any one sect of the community like TeamSkunk, this is more broad. As a whole we have lots of amazing players and wonderful guilds, but more and more people are feeling abused. There is a borderline stockholm vibe going on here partly due to a sunk-cost mentality and partly due to a general love of the star wars franchise both blending with an amazing community which keeps us here.

However, issues keep creating an apparent division among the players and solely as a consequence of the devs decision making. We need some good faith actions to take place and we need them soon. There are more people playing this game than a handful of "whales," and merely catering to that mindset will destroy the player base in the long term. Maybe that's what they want, a quick cash grab, to burglarize us and leave.

So I guess what I'm saying is I hope you actually manage to do this skunk, if nothing changes on their end then please destroy their faulty system through sheer numbers and without spending money.

so tou think we are bluffing ?
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Drake23 Surprisingly no my friend. This all kinda feels like an old movie I once saw where there was an Evil Empire that tried to crush a small rag tag group of Rebels...

With 16 guilds and 800 members, wouldn't you be the empire?

I am bad at math, so what do I know...
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    @zaza I was the leader of Teamskunk Kappa before we became The Furnaces. At best of your "800" players you have maybe.. MAYBE.. 200 willing to participate as the bottom 400-600 players are going to be increasingly more casual. This has nothing to do with whether I think something is a bluff and everything to do with understanding what it would take to coordinate that many people to do something for a mobile app. AND if they themselves don't benefit from it or even realize why there is a problem or understand it, they won't do it.. They will leave the guilds umbrella for asking them to sacrifice their already in demand resources and or be unwilling to devote the time needed to perform something like this.

The reason the guilds using this exploit are doing it is b/c they are already the most devoted. Furthermore they barely need the extra resources they get from doing extra raids. They only benefit their leaderboard position and they are organized enough to do it. I don't fault them at all I fault the system that allows it. My beef is that if I wish the leaderboard to have ANY meaning then this can't go on, and will only ever benefit those who have Time or Money to dump into an exploitative practice of the game.

Patron is more on the mark than anyone else when it comes to this sort of exploit creating third party entities to create programs that will run dummy/bot accounts through the system for a fee, which in turn loses money for EA/CG as a bot would undoubtedly be cheap to purchase and suddenly every guild that can afford it has an influx of dummy acnts pushing them to 10+ raids a day and no longer ever spending a dime on the actual game. What happens then? The game dies.
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Surgii wrote: »
    lol @ LordSkunk
    So you are saying your accountant plays SWGOH too? And he calculated losses for a company you trying to bully right this moment by playing popular voice? Keep dreaming, even if they change current mechanics it will be because their plan for evolution of this game goes with change.
    I played poker few years of my life and I know bad bluffer when I see one. Actually you are just using this game to make some profits via subscription for your channel, man you even orchestrated pyramid system having people using your tag to publish for you and then you implemented Patron? If u want to make living of game reviews wait till you have 100k subscribers then try to do it. I know some streamers who have over 200k and still have no Patron. I think you are pocket change and will stay pocket change.
    I know that gaming for living and being your own boss is awesome thing, but honestly man you dont have brains for it.

What is a Patron?
  • Surgii
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Goosy you know what it is, but I dont advertise real name of service.
    Ill take it for sincere question from you -its one of largest crowdfunding sites for artists and creators
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Where's my guild coins man?!?! Where's my guild coins?!

giphy.gif
  • Options
    You guys do not get the point. If you can raid any order of magnitude more than you will get more rewards. More Han Solo shards, More Raid only obtainable gear, more guild currency, which will lead to Higher PvP standings which will separate the haves from the have-nots. Long term this is a big problem. And if we the masses are going to be called scrubs and the little people then we need a call to action.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE LEADERBOARD STOP THINKING THAT!

IT IS ABOUT SOME PEOPLE BEING FURTHER ALONG IN THE GAME PROGRESSION THAN OTHERS.

THINK FURTHER OUT THAN ONE MONTH THINK MONTHS OR YEARS OUT.

People doing tier 7 Raiding are already further ahead than those who are not. Now think about if some were doing twice or three times as many raids as another person and had all their characters maxed out with gear.

Now the only thing they have to do is spend on Omega Mats when they become available.
    This is a larger issue. We either have the developers fix the problem, or we have to join in the Shenanigans and be play to win. If I am thinking this way others have already thought of it and are working the system. Think automated scripts and simulators so they don't even have to play the alts and then "sell" for "real" money the alt accounts to be swapped in to add Guild Bank Coin.

@EA_Jesse please, please make a plan to fix this I love this game and want it to be successful for all long term and this stance on alts and guild hoping may break the game similar to how other games have been broken.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    You guys do not get the point. If you can raid any order of magnitude more than you will get more rewards. More Han Solo shards, More Raid only obtainable gear, more guild currency, which will lead to Higher PvP standings which will separate the haves from the have-nots. Long term this is a big problem. And if we the masses are going to be called scrubs and the little people then we need a call to action.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE LEADERBOARD STOP THINKING THAT!

IT IS ABOUT SOME PEOPLE BEING FURTHER ALONG IN THE GAME PROGRESSION THAN OTHERS.

THINK FURTHER OUT THAN ONE MONTH THINK MONTHS OR YEARS OUT.

People doing tier 7 Raiding are already further ahead than those who are not. Now think about if some were doing twice or three times as many raids as another person and had all their characters maxed out with gear.

Now the only thing they have to do is spend on Omega Mats when they become available.
    This is a larger issue. We either have the developers fix the problem, or we have to join in the Shenanigans and be play to win. If I am thinking this way others have already thought of it and are working the system. Think automated scripts and simulators so they don't even have to play the alts and then "sell" for "real" money the alt accounts to be swapped in to add Guild Bank Coin.

@EA_Jesse please, please make a plan to fix this I love this game and want it to be successful for all long term and this stance on alts and guild hoping may break the game similar to how other games have been broken.

Exactly, nothing to do with the leader board. This is a huge issue for balance in the game.