Communication, and the lack of it

Palanthian
1262 posts Member
In April, @EA_Jesse made 81 posts on these forums. In May, only 25, and in June, to date, only 6.

In May, @CG_JohnSalera made 41 posts, but hasn't posted again since May 14, a month ago.

The single biggest issue in the game right now is pre-crafting and raid gear rewards (I don't distinguish between the two, pre-crafting simply magnifies the raid gear reward system).

Jesse hinted that both were being discussed, and then nothing:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/43301/community-update-5-27-2016

The ETA for this information is now weeks ago.

There are so many players with 20+ raids and zero droid callers, 8+ page threads like the following go unanswered and ignored:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/46456/pre-craft-is-still-a-huge-issue-why-is-it-being-swept-under-the-rug

The communication strategy from EA/CG seems to have changed. This is sending a very negative message to myself, as a paying customer, and no doubt to many other players.

We're all fans of the game, here. We're a captive audience, a home crowd, most of us have invested in the game in some way. It only takes a MINUTE to write a quick response:

"Sorry guys, there's been a slight delay on this issue, we'll update you soon."

It says nothing gives people some hope and makes them feel like they're not being ignored, it stops players getting worked up and angry, it stops players rage-quitting the game or starting 8+ page threads full of complaints.

This is just a plea to EA/CG - whether we will like the message or not, could we please have more regular communication once again? Perhaps even some Q&A?

Otherwise the unhealthy "them and us" mentality, regarding the developers and the players, will only continue to grow. And that's really not good news for anyone.

Replies

• Options
    There are issues they have known about for MONTHS and have not resolved. They continue to push new characters and content without fixing the messes they have left behind. In the last update Jesse said there was a QA person looking at bugs daily. I do not believe it. The are aware of "a" bug associated with Teebo. Well guess what, there's more than JUST ONE BUG with Teebo so clearly this mystery QA person does not know how to read or does not know how to count and report the information to Jesse so that it can be noted in the developer update. Then there are the other Ewok bugs. Then the bugs with Jawa Engineer. Then.... I think they want us all to quit giving them money so that the game can shut down and they can go look for new jobs.

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_Dan
    @CG_JohnSalera
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    @CG_RyDiggs
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but the awnsers you are asking for wont solve anything. They already said they were discussing the issues at hand, what more can they say ? No awnser will be good enough, except for actual improvements to the game.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    In April, @EA_Jesse made 81 posts on these forums. In May, only 25, and in June, to date, only 6.

In May, @CG_JohnSalera made 41 posts, but hasn't posted again since May 14, a month ago.

The single biggest issue in the game right now is pre-crafting and raid gear rewards (I don't distinguish between the two, pre-crafting simply magnifies the raid gear reward system).

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/43301/community-update-5-27-2016

There are so many players with 20+ raids and zero droid callers, 8+ page threads like the following go unanswered and ignored:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/46456/pre-craft-is-still-a-huge-issue-why-is-it-being-swept-under-the-rug

The communication strategy from EA/CG seems to have changed. This is sending a very negative message to myself, as a paying customer, and no doubt to many other players.

We're all fans of the game, here. We're a captive audience, a home crowd, most of us have invested in the game in some way. It only takes a MINUTE to write a quick response:

It says nothing gives people some hope and makes them feel like they're not being ignored, it stops players getting worked up and angry, it stops players rage-quitting the game or starting 8+ page threads full of complaints.

This is just a plea to EA/CG - whether we will like the message or not, could we please have more regular communication once again? Perhaps even some Q&A?

Otherwise the unhealthy "them and us" mentality, regarding the developers and the players, will only continue to grow. And that's really not good news for anyone.

You were fortunate enough for them to even address your whiny needs. Just relax. You're doing fine.
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • Dizzle
    80 posts Member
    Options
    20 raids and I still haven't been able to upgrade GS. Lame.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    vavavader wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »

You were fortunate enough for them to even address your whiny needs. Just relax. You're doing fine.

Whining:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/42184/the-4th-double-reward-days

Whining:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39053/gem-refresh-for-gw-due-to-credit-crunch

Definition:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hypocrite

This is a request for better communication in general, with one example, and it would benefit all of us.

Yes, even you.
  • Pleblo
    52 posts Member
    Options
    With the whole Pre-Craft issue there is now no way they can resolve it without **** off a ton of paying customers. What they should have done is reset all chars that had the precrafted items to salvage parts before adding in the raid. Now there is no way they can make it even for those who precrafted and those who didn't. I for one have felt the pain of the pre-craft issue but just deal with it as best i can. I enjoy the game and this isn't going to get me to quit over it this time. Next raid it happens again i will for sure drop but i feel that they learned their lesson.

I would like to see more communication between the dev's and the community but it seems that these mobile games this tends to happen.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    What would be nice is adding the raid gear to shipments.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Pleblo wrote: »
    With the whole Pre-Craft issue there is now no way they can resolve it without **** off a ton of paying customers. What they should have done is reset all chars that had the precrafted items to salvage parts before adding in the raid. Now there is no way they can make it even for those who precrafted and those who didn't. I for one have felt the pain of the pre-craft issue but just deal with it as best i can. I enjoy the game and this isn't going to get me to quit over it this time. Next raid it happens again i will for sure drop but i feel that they learned their lesson.

I would like to see more communication between the dev's and the community but it seems that these mobile games this tends to happen.

I mentioned gear as an example, but the communication issue goes far beyond just one issue. Communication, in general, is at an all-time low.

The very best outcome would be some kind of Q&A session between one of the dev team and the players, but I'd settle for just some more regular posts on the topics which matter the most to players.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    The next batch of raid gear should be just raid gear. That levels the field a bit.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Maybe my view is skewed, but I don't really see the dev team as people who are required to communicate as much as many would have them do. I play a couple other games and this forum is no different then those with the exception that here they communicate on a regular basis. Games have issues and the communication is always limited and people constantly complain. And many seem to feel personally slighted that their requests/demands/suggestions are never directly addressed.

IMO, the devs have a vested interest in keeping the game going and it far exceeds the interest of any one player. Most of the information available to us does not give a clear picture of what the game needs. So I just let the devs to their jobs.

I do think that the precrafting thing was mishandled and that this game is crazy crazy expensive if you want to fully enjoy it sooner rather than later, but it's not all on the devs and an explanation would be cool, but I just play anyway.

And I'm not attacking the op who has eloquently expressed his concerns, just my 2 cents on how I see it.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, op. I'm going to use some strong language here but, I think they are cowards. And i say this not to attack, but to criticize. They don't want to deal with, or frankly look at negative views. This forum is for customer feedback, correct? Well, newsflash, customers are jerks. That's part of the business. That's part of ANY business. Deciding to 'check out' because a few twelve-year olds say something you don't like leaves the majority of us, who are reasonable and love this game, feeling neglected. It's spiteful, in a way, to ignore an entire player base because a vocal minority of trolls.

So again, devs, there is a huge player base here dying for information. We won't attack you. In fact most of us won't say anything because we lurk. Please do not neglect us because of some loud mouth jerks. Just ignore them! Don't take it personal! They are sophomoric and inconsequential! We are here! The silent majority! Do not ignore us! Please?
  • Options
    There has been a pattern from the devs concerning communication. They are very responsive for a month or two, then they back off on their posts, next month they may be active again. I'm not sure what the pattern is, but it seems to revolve around perceived issues with the game. The more we complain the less likely they are to poke their heads in the bear cave. I wouldn't like to be set on fire every time I made a comment on the forums, but that is exactly what we do. They give us some info and we squeeeeeeeeze them and complain until they retreat.
  • Options
    Even though some people blame me in the other thread, it was not about fixing this and that, and i didnt intend to hurt somebodys feelings, its about the communication.

I am in contact with some moderators about this and we are working on a fix for this.
  • Rarlie
    57 posts Member
    Options
    I would think the ea folks could look to Capgasp as an example of how well communicating with gamers can work:
    https://www.reddit.com/user/Capgasp
    For instance as soon as the empire event hit, he chimed in on comments on its difficulty stating that it's meant to be one of the hardest in the whole game. Then elaborated on his thought process to the event design etc. That was not only enlightening but also very interesting as a fan of the game.
    I'm certain devs are busy and if I recall a mention by INRAJ that they post while off the clock, but the forums seems a very important aspect of the game with so much pointing to it, (in game, support, etc) so why not a bit more transparency in general. When the devs do communicate like this, it's so helpful and informative (INRAJ has also been quite transparent). So thank you to devs for when you communicate but pls more.
  • Maskarii
    851 posts Member
    Options
    First at all..every Time I am calling out one Dev they answered..some with warning mails and others with advices..na really I am just here to play hackysack with the wookie and Guys just relax...They Devs are working on so much stuff it takes time..:)
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    But it's not just the devs (I know they tend to be more active on Reddit).

As I said in my opening post, statistically the volume of communication from EA/CG has plummeted during the last month. The hottest topic was hinted at getting an official response soon, and nothing has been forthcoming.

This is our most desperate hour. Help us @EA_Jesse, you're our only hope.
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I disagree. Adding unobtainable salvage to light/dark side missions at REASONABLE DROP RATES would go a long way to at least calming the majority of players burned by precrafting. It would also stimulate crystal purchases
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. Things got oddly quiet after NRAJ guild hopping post. Must be vacations.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

I disagree. Adding unobtainable salvage to light/dark side missions at REASONABLE DROP RATES would go a long way to at least calming the majority of players burned by precrafting. It would also stimulate crystal purchases

Not going to happen, they are not going to make raid gear easy to get, nor should they. My guess is they may add callers to shipments at the same or higher cost than furnaces
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    I agree, op. I'm going to use some strong language here but, I think they are cowards. And i say this not to attack, but to criticize. They don't want to deal with, or frankly look at negative views. This forum is for customer feedback, correct? Well, newsflash, customers are jerks. That's part of the business. That's part of ANY business. Deciding to 'check out' because a few twelve-year olds say something you don't like leaves the majority of us, who are reasonable and love this game, feeling neglected. It's spiteful, in a way, to ignore an entire player base because a vocal minority of trolls.

So again, devs, there is a huge player base here dying for information. We won't attack you. In fact most of us won't say anything because we lurk. Please do not neglect us because of some loud mouth jerks. Just ignore them! Don't take it personal! They are sophomoric and inconsequential! We are here! The silent majority! Do not ignore us! Please?

Yes, as soon as someone calls me a coward, I head straight to civil communication with that person because that's what that "criticism" calls for. B)
  • Options
    My niece likes to come over to our house and torture our cats. She doesn't know that she's doing it, she just wants to pet them and hold them. They hate it. They run every time she comes over. When a dev takes the time to comment here we smother them and pull their tails until they run away for a month. This is totally understandable because we act like toddlers.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    My niece likes to come over to our house and torture our cats. She doesn't know that she's doing it, she just wants to pet them and hold them. They hate it. They run every time she comes over. When a dev takes the time to comment here we smother them and pull their tails until they run away for a month. This is totally understandable because we act like toddlers.

The thing is, your niece isn't paying your cats hundreds of dollars a month.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hypothetically, what is the 'ideal' amount of communication (read as 'posts') that you would accept as adequate?

What circumstance would qualify as pertinent for communication (outside of the usual game/developer updates?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Hypothetically, what is the 'ideal' amount of communication (read as 'posts') that you would accept as adequate?

What circumstance would qualify as pertinent for communication (outside of the usual game/developer updates?

I guess everyone has different expectations, and I'll leave it there.