thanks for fixing gw...

Replies

• Options
    Hey chip it was too hard for me here is why by node 4 I had to fight full geared omega level 80 teams. And trying to beat these max teams without losing a character was crazy hard. So I send a b squad to soften that team up but I only have 4 teams because I'm ftp. Every b squad team would die only taking out one or two people. I beat it a few times but it would take over a hour or longer. Then just before the update I couldn't Finnish gw anymore. Every node after 4 was a arena rank 1 team. This was not a challenge and was not fair or enjoyable. I don't care what you say if you had to face the teams I had you would lose more than just your protection you would probably break your phone or cpu. These changes were greatly appreciated.

Before the update, I had to deal with the same thing everyone else did. I didn't have some different challenge then you, and while it required some doing, it was far more enjoyable having the challenge then doing nothing to beat it. If you want to autopilot the entire GW and just get rewards for participation go for it. I'd like to have something do while on the game.
  • ChipCarter
    58 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Eh. This'll do. Perhaps a bit to easy but way better than what it was before.

I hope they ditch the entire random player team concept in the future and go with crafted content so they can properly control the difficulty. They did swing from obnoxiously tedious to cakewalk pretty much on a dime. If they got rid of this silly notion that random is good they could make some really cool constructed campaigns, like a month long Imperial March where you face tiers of Empire troops with a different miniboss at the end of each week, finishing with a node 12 miniraid style battle against Palpatine on week 4.

I like the concept, if anyone has played Marvel Contest of Champions, that is very similar to their event quests. Except they also had 3 modes of difficulty all with corresponding rewards. Very challenging yet easily attainable once you put in the work and the rewards would tend to be free character, tons of character getting shards, credits and the equivalent of training droids in this game. You have a 30 day period to beat it.

If they did a variation of what you said and that, with the completion of the entire thing netting you the big time rewards, while also keeping the daily concept of what is now, I'd sign up for that. It'd be like the monthly login reward, you'd have the daily set of battles you need to do and those give the rewards they do now, or tweak them to fit the concept, I'm only spitballing here, and if you accumulate the necessary amount of completions in that set time you earn the big rewards.

Something like that strikes me as not only easier to manage then this but better as an entire concept then the current form.

I think the thing I keep getting back too, is give me more to do, love the game but after a while it amounts to like a solid hour of consistent playing to do your raid, squad arena and GW battles, and then checking in a couple times for the bonus energy. I basically sign in that one time knock out my things to do and then get my bonus energy. It seems like I do spend more time on the game but truthfully its a very quick experience each day and then waiting for the reset. I'd love a few more things to do throughout the day, I understand some people only have but so much time to contribute so maybe don't make mandatory or else you just can't achieve the same as the rest of us but give me more to do please.
  • Options
    Chip find a different post your not welcome here and I hope you do quit the game. You want a challenge then go make your own game. This post was thanking the devs for a great update.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ChipCarter wrote: »
    Hey chip it was too hard for me here is why by node 4 I had to fight full geared omega level 80 teams. And trying to beat these max teams without losing a character was crazy hard. So I send a b squad to soften that team up but I only have 4 teams because I'm ftp. Every b squad team would die only taking out one or two people. I beat it a few times but it would take over a hour or longer. Then just before the update I couldn't Finnish gw anymore. Every node after 4 was a arena rank 1 team. This was not a challenge and was not fair or enjoyable. I don't care what you say if you had to face the teams I had you would lose more than just your protection you would probably break your phone or cpu. These changes were greatly appreciated.

Before the update, I had to deal with the same thing everyone else did. I didn't have some different challenge then you, and while it required some doing, it was far more enjoyable having the challenge then doing nothing to beat it. If you want to autopilot the entire GW and just get rewards for participation go for it. I'd like to have something do while on the game.

You don't get a say until you've experienced GW pre-update at our level.You DIDN'T deal with the same thing everyone did.

This is gw pre-update. Focus on the gear levels and the node at which I got them.

QIcndQ0.jpg

The change is welcome and needed.All they have to do now is to fix GW rewards

Mobile games are not supposed to be time-consuming compared to pc and console games. They are designed to be played on the go, take up little time and effort, and most importantly accommodate the schedule of busy working adults who play this game between breaks or whatever little spare time they have.

If you want a game with more content, more strategy, buy a AAA game at 60-90 dollars online and you'll get more gameplay and strategy than swgoh.
  • Options
    Chip find a different post your not welcome here and I hope you do quit the game. You want a challenge then go make your own game. This post was thanking the devs for a great update.

That escalated quickly.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Now with the update, it wasn't until the second to last node that I actually faced a team even remotely similar in level, before that even if they were 75 or even 80 they still had no protection some would be 3 stars with protection but level 78. I skated through the entire thing with what I would call my 5th string squad.

You're basing the future difficulty of GW pre-update on your newbie 3* GW experience? Noone is going to take you seriously, and when was the last time devs made changes to a game based on how the game felt at the beginning stages of the game?
  • Options
    Zekex wrote: »
    Chip, you are not needed here.

Now with the update, it wasn't until the second to last node that I actually faced a team even remotely similar in level, before that even if they were 75 or even 80 they still had no protection some would be 3 stars with protection but level 78. I skated through the entire thing with what I would call my 5th string squad.

You're basing the future difficulty of GW pre-update on your newbie 3* GW experience? Noone is going to take you seriously, and when was the last time made changes to a game based on how the game felt at the beginning stages of the game?

Who is talking about beginning of the game? 3 star GW? I said none of those things lol. I was talking the first time I heard complaints about GW I wasn't completely maxed out so I figured I'd wait for that to happen to make my decision. NOW, that I have seen exactly what you are describing, seen my buddies face it and beat it on a regular basis, I loved it. Settle down.

• Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Chip, you are not needed here.

You're basing the future difficulty of GW pre-update on your newbie 3* GW experience? Noone is going to take you seriously, and when was the last time made changes to a game based on how the game felt at the beginning stages of the game?

Who is talking about beginning of the game? 3 star GW? I said none of those things lol. I was talking the first time I heard complaints about GW I wasn't completely maxed out so I figured I'd wait for that to happen to make my decision. NOW, that I have seen exactly what you are describing, seen my buddies face it and beat it on a regular basis, I loved it. Settle down.

Look at the quote directly above yours. I just quoted what you said, nothing more nothing less, newbie.

Newbies who are facing 3 star characters that are probably poorly geared as well have no say in this matter. Period.
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So, I've been seeing people on here complain about GW difficulty for quite some time. I never understood it because I had been beating it every single day for quite some time at that point. But I assumed because I wasn't 70 then 80 that since I was maybe a bit lower then some of these guys that once I reached higher levels I'd understand the complaint.

Have to say, slightly disappointed with the update. Even though I knew I would clear it, it was at least somewhat a challenge to match up with the squads before, and given there was a retreat option I'd figure it out eventually. Considering my experience mainly consists of sim light and dark side battles for gear or hard mode for shards, sim cantina for the rewards. I mainly had 10 battles a day between Squad Arena and Raid that I could look forward to being a challenge and I'd get to actually play something, I also had GW with it's 12 battles that throughout the day I could have a solid battle here and there until I beat it.

Now with the update, it wasn't until the second to last node that I actually faced a team even remotely similar in level, before that even if they were 75 or even 80 they still had no protection some would be 3 stars with protection but level 78. I skated through the entire thing with what I would call my 5th string squad. I sent in my starters for the second to last and final battle. Didn't even lose protection, didn't have to heal nothing. Don't get me wrong, I love quick and easy rewards and boosting my roster up. But at the same time if I wanted to just turn the game on and hit auto pilot the entire time, what's the point of even playing? To go to my inventory and look at characters? Now, I'm stuck with only Squad Arena and Raids as the only thing I can do on the game that provides any enjoyment.

I see people say the majority wanted the change, and I guess that's apparent in EA making it happen. By that same token, I'd say the majority of mobile game players, don't bother going onto the forums at all. All 50 members of my guild came on the chat at roughly the same time sharing similar sentiment. Every friend I have who also plays the game loved GW before and now shares my sentiment, with the exception of myself, none actually come on the forums. As Richard Nixon use to say " The great Silent Majority" has been done a disservice.

I think in terms of a true solution, give a hard mode option at the beginning of the GW, increase rewards obviously, maybe entitle them to choose from a couple extra characters in the GW shipments that would be exclusive to hard mode currency. Green for Normal, Red for Hard mode or whatever. But whatever you do, please give us something more to do on the game that's actually enjoyable and provides some challenge, so I'm not just simming my entire experience on the app.

Also, this argument that a mobile game shouldn't be as difficult as a console game. Since when was this game as difficult as a console game? It was maybe somewhat a challenge for GW before to beat but not really, nothing in this game would strike me as close to a console game in terms of challenge. In not wanting the challenge, do you also enjoy just turning on the game and breezing through everything requiring literally no strategy, no challenge to overcome, no sense of accomplishment once you receive the rewards?

To EA, please don't lump me in with these cry babies, please give me an option to go back to the way it was before, sign me up for a harder version please. "Whoever said the customer was always right, was in fact himself a customer I assure you." I can assure you that while I love this game, and will continue to play, the foundation has already been laid for me to grow tired of having nothing to really do besides look at my inventory and you will lose at least one would be faithful customer. I've spent money on this game, I've encouraged everyone I know to play this game. I don't see us being a part of this community much longer if you can just breeze through and have really nothing to do.

You obviously have not experienced daily gw campaigns with top ten arena, fully omegad, gear 10 teams starting at node 7. That is absolute absurdity, and when one MODE out of a whole game, which basically is equal to one mission on a console game, takes OVER AN HOUR to beat and requires multiple retries, and often cannot be completed, that is equal to if not more difficult than a console game and is absurd for a mobile game

Also, stop being a hypocrite. You claim you "aren't like these crybabies", yet you are crying about the fact that the game is no longer enough of a challenge for you, and whining for a change. If you claim the people who complain about gw (the majority, who have been complaining about it since February, with new people complaining daily) are crybabies, and by calling us crybabies, you attempt to portray us negatively, then stop being a hypocrite, and simply shut up about your disappointment that gw has gotten easier, lest you show yourself to be exactly what you portray us as

Also, if you are so obsessed with your precious challenge, then only allow yourself to play with teams from your roster that are 4*, g5, with only lvl 4 abilities. Guarantee you will find your "challenge" there, and I'll bet cash money you'll quickly run to your best characters to complete gw.
  • Options

You don't get a say until you've experienced GW pre-update at our level.You DIDN'T deal with the same thing everyone did.

This is gw pre-update. Focus on the gear levels and the node at which I got them.

QIcndQ0.jpg

The change is welcome and needed.All they have to do now is to fix GW rewards

Mobile games are not supposed to be time-consuming compared to pc and console games. They are designed to be played on the go, take up little time and effort, and most importantly accommodate the schedule of busy working adults who play this game between breaks or whatever little spare time they have.

If you want a game with more content, more strategy, buy a AAA game at 60-90 dollars online and you'll get more gameplay and strategy than swgoh.

I feel like your confused, at the beginning of my post I said when I first heard these complaints I wasn't completely maxed out, that was a while ago, not my current state and all of the friends I know are exactly where you are. I didn't speak out of ignorance, never knowing what the dastardly developers had in store for people ahead of me at some point, I didn't need your picture to know exactly what you meant.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    .....before that even if they were 75 or even 80 they still had no protection some would be 3 stars with protection but level 78.....

Noone will take you seriously.
  • Options
    .....before that even if they were 75 or even 80 they still had no protection some would be 3 stars with protection but level 78.....

Noone will take you seriously

I can't help that the update sent me those opponents, what are you even talking about right now? It was harder before, update came and they sent me that. I'm not sure what your trying to point out right now.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Funny how the newbies like chip often claim to be our level but never provide any video/proof of completing GW at our level.
  • Options
    Before the update, I was facing the same exact characters you displayed in your pic, after the update they sent me people that while highly leveled, 78 or such. They would be 3 stars and purple. Some would be 5 star and blue and so on. I have no idea how that displays my lack of understanding your point.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Before the update, I was facing the same exact characters you displayed in your pic, after the update they sent me people that while highly leveled, 78 or such. They would be 3 stars and purple. Some would be 5 star and blue and so on. I have no idea how that displays my lack of understanding your point.

yes a person who faces 3 star characters not at max level and gear pre-update says he faces the same squad I do. Troll harder.

There is such a huge gulf in difficulty between facing 7 star, gear 9-11 characters, node after node, compared to facing the same characters at 3 stars, with less protection, gear, and upgrades. I never see any blue geared squads in GW now.... lol

• MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options

People shouldnt have to have to spend an hour or so to get access to the main source of credits in the game. Challenges are fun but not when they limit an already problematic and bottlenecked resource.
  • Options
    Chipcarter, whats your highest arena team power and how many 7*, gear 8+ toons do you have?
  • Options

Now with the update, it wasn't until the second to last node that I actually faced a team even remotely similar in level, before that even if they were 75 or even 80 they still had no protection some would be 3 stars with protection but level 78. I skated through the entire thing with what I would call my 5th string squad. I sent in my starters for the second to last and final battle. Didn't even lose protection, didn't have to heal nothing. Don't get me wrong, I love quick and easy rewards and boosting my roster up. But at the same time if I wanted to just turn the game on and hit auto pilot the entire time, what's the point of even playing? To go to my inventory and look at characters? Now, I'm stuck with only Squad Arena and Raids as the only thing I can do on the game that provides any enjoyment.
    quote]

So, I'm not sure what the confusion is, but read that again, I'M CLEARLY SAYING NOW WITH THE UPDATE THE OPPONENTS WERE DRASTICALLY LOWER THEN ME. How this demonstrates what I faced pre-update or that I can't understand what you guys went through is beyond me.

This is me describing my post-update experience, where characters were so easy it was laughable. Jesus, you guys are dramatic lol, how could read that any differently.
  • Options
    PainSaber wrote: »
    Chipcarter, whats your highest arena team power and how many 7*, gear 8+ toons do you have?

Arena team power, my A-Team, is 34000ish. 7* toons is lower then I'd like because I spread myself thin in a pokemon-esque catch em all mentality. I have 7 7* toons.

I'm certainly not trying to say I'm the best guy talking here, but I absolutely know and knew what the very best had to deal with and I stick by my opinion.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    PainSaber wrote: »

Arena team power, my A-Team, is 34000ish. 7* toons is lower then I'd like because I spread myself thin in a pokemon-esque catch em all mentality. I have 7 7* toons.

I'm certainly not trying to say I'm the best guy talking here, but I absolutely know and knew what the very best had to deal with and I stick by my opinion.

34k isn't even close to maxed. and you wouldn't notice the difficulty we are speaking of until your entire arena team is levelled and geared (38-40k+ power). please provide proof and stop claiming to have a powerful team.

You wouldn't be facing the team I'm facing so stop lying.
  • Options
    At 34k arena team power, with only 7 7* toons, you have not gotten to the game level of people that are experiencing the difficulty being discussed. Keep in mind, I'm not disrespecting your team or your game progress. I am simply informing you you have not progressed to the lvl where gw is brutal. I have 22 7*, g8-10, fully lvled abilities, with some of my toons being rey, qgj, rg, gs, etc fully maxed and finished. Ive been playing since february. Prior to tonight, I would start getting teams like fully lvled and starred phasma, rg, 5s, rey, leia, starting at NODE 6 OR 7, and continuing to the end. Not to be too blunt, but you have no clue what most of the anti gw people have been facing if all you have is 7 7* toons for a total of 34k
  • Options
    Chip you have no clue how gw was for most of us. I've never seen blue gear or any toon less than 7star. Their is no way you have any experience with my gw your no where near my level. Every one else disagrees with you. Just make your own thread about being a new player and leave my post please. Bye felisha
  • Options
    [
    Chip you have no clue how gw was for most of us. I've never seen blue gear or any toon less than 7star. Their is no way you have any experience with my gw your no where near my level. Every one else disagrees with you. Just make your own thread about being a new player and leave my post please. Bye felisha

I hadn't seen one in forever pre update either. I grant you it was obviously a small sample but that is demonstrative of how bad the update is, not my level.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    A reminder: let's keep things civil and related to the original poster's topic. Personal attacks will only get the thread closed.

Have a nice day!
    :)
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Arena team power, my A-Team, is 34000ish.

Thank god I didn't bother to read anything else this guy had posted.

On a brighter note, my GW was way better today. There were some challenging nodes at the end that required suicide squads, but all in all it wasn't too bad, and didn't take hours.
  • grandmaster1985
    293 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Whatever close my thread if saying someone is not on my level is a attack then close it this guy is the problem. My post was thanking the devs and saying great update. Looks like me and everyone else who posted disagree with chip..btw I've used no profanity and only spoke the truth.
  • Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    A reminder: let's keep things civil and related to the original poster's topic. Personal attacks will only get the thread closed.

Have a nice day!

Nice day to you too lass!
    And congratulations on becoming a moderator.

Every time you mod someone you should say, "you're in for a little....
    Ouchie B)
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    So.....I went from being able to get to the third to last node, and now I can't get past the 5th. Perhaps because every team is Old Ben lead and I miss every attack. And yes I have refreshed already. Definitely NOT easier nor is it less time consuming.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    Whatever close my thread if saying someone is not on my level is a attack then close it this guy is the problem. My post was thanking the devs and saying great update. Looks like me and everyone else who posted disagree with chip..btw I've used no profanity and only spoke the truth.

No one was directly addressing you. I am trying to help save your thread because genuine posts of gratitude are rare and very appreciated on the forum . Do you really want to respond to a friendly message like that?

And thanks @InternetSwag ! o:)

• MikeF
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I thought the change was perfect. Much faster and easier nodes 1-9, still a challenge nodes 10-12. I have the option to Auto the early nodes now for even more speed, and I can increase my Arena power if I want to as well.

It's still a very good idea to have a hard mode with much better rewards, but as it stands I'm very pleased with the change.