thanks for fixing gw...

Replies

• Options
    Why are you guys writing 700 word paragraphs this isn't college lmao. It's a game calm down.

Some of us are older than 18 and have had an education.

So you all got an education so you could write essays on cartoon game forums? Lol that explains a lot.

• Options
    Happy with the "new" GW. For the last two weeks, it has been a nightmare (couldn't finish it yesterday for the first time in 4 months), so I gladly welcome this fix.
    Team MèreDooku [Fr]
    Recruiting now ! Send me an ally request : 557 787 579
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Why are you guys writing 700 word paragraphs this isn't college lmao. It's a game calm down.

So you all got an education so you could write essays on cartoon game forums? Lol that explains a lot.

Just noticed you were 15.

No, you get an education in life to better yourself, and hopefully it is an education that will help you in the future, get the jobs you want, just like preparing for a life in the Army as a professional military, or even get education later in life, when you want to change career (ie you want to leave the military and maybe start your own business).

What an education gives you (depending on type) is knowledge.

The point is, when you have a decent education (not just in the basic elementary areas, but maybe even a higher education after college) writing 700 word paragraphs or a 1000 word essay, be it on a game forum or a 20 page thesis in University, is not much of an effort.

You will understand as you get older. A good education is something to covet and nothing to sneeze at, but what good is an education if you do not implement it in life?

What's most important is that you do what you feel is good for you, be it a long military career in the Army, following the footsteps of your father, or maybe working as something else later in life.

You will change perspective many times during life.

When i was 18, i thought i knew it all, but that changed alot once i got 30, and changed yet again as i got 40+.

What one might think is silly at 18, might not be the same later in life. I feel that it is good to be able to embrace your inner child when you have reached an advanced age, it¨s much better for your wellbeing.

• Options
    I run a mid 70s squad. Easy until last 3 nodes. Ended on a maxed 80 droid node. 4 retreats 2 suicide squads. Other than that easy.
  • Options

No, you get an education in life to better yourself, and hopefully it is an education that will help you in the future, get the jobs you want, just like preparing for a life in the Army as a professional military, or even get education later in life, when you want to change career (ie you want to leave the military and maybe start your own business).

The point is, when you have a decent education (not just in the basic elementary areas, but maybe even a higher education after college) writing 700 word paragraphs or a 1000 word essay, be it on a game forum or a 20 page thesis in University, is not much of an effort.

You will understand as you get older. A good education is something to covet and nothing to sneeze at, but what good is an education if you do not implement it in life?

What's most important is that you do what you feel is good for you, be it a long military career in the Army, following the footsteps of your father, or maybe working as something else later in life.

When i was 18, i thought i knew it all, but that changed alot once i got 30, and changed yet again as i got 40+.

What one might think is silly at 18, might not be the same later in life. I feel that it is good to be able to embrace your inner child when you have reached an advanced age, it¨s much better for your wellbeing.

??? You're older than 40? This is....just weird, like to be honest plz just quit talking to me it's really weird now

• SeaWhy
    84 posts Member
    Options
    SeaWhy wrote: »
    MrGrips wrote: »

lol some of us arent in high school and can write a paragraph or two quick and without sweating over it.

Actually I'm starting high school this year after summer vacation but thanks :) and I'm glad I'm not your age still playing kids games :) But I'm glad you can write an essay because I can too so congrats

Im 19 and I can play whatever I want, man. You tell your dad or whoever to stop playing sports/watchingTV/listening to music? Those things are just as pointless as any game.

My dad doesn't do that he's barely ever home actually because he's in the Army. He did play in the Army vs Navy game last year however so I guess that counts as sports :)

PS THO- there's a big difference between sports (real life) and cartoon games (not real, cartoons are for children) (Children means under the age of 18) :)

So you're dad played in a game last year as a cadet at West Point? A school that you have to be under 21 at the time of enrollment, and you're 15? So he was...8 when you were born?

Oh hush you know what I meant don't play ****. I didn't mean last year I just meant he played sports.

Oh I'm sorry. I just assumed that when you made a very specific claim about what exact game he was in and the year he was in it you meant that, and not that he has played in a sports game at some point in his life. Is he actually in the Army or has he just watched some war movies at some point as well?
  • Options

??? You're older than 40? This is....just weird, like to be honest plz just quit talking to me it's really weird now

Yes i am older than 40 and still have time with a family, playing mobile games AND writing on a game-forum.

I have also been in the military when i was younger, been a salesman and teacher.

One thing does not exclude the other.
    You do not have to be 15 only to be entertained by the Star Wars-franchise.
  • Options

lol some of us arent in high school and can write a paragraph or two quick and without sweating over it.

Actually I'm starting high school this year after summer vacation but thanks :) and I'm glad I'm not your age still playing kids games :) But I'm glad you can write an essay because I can too so congrats

Im 19 and I can play whatever I want, man. You tell your dad or whoever to stop playing sports/watchingTV/listening to music? Those things are just as pointless as any game.

My dad doesn't do that he's barely ever home actually because he's in the Army. He did play in the Army vs Navy game last year however so I guess that counts as sports :)

PS THO- there's a big difference between sports (real life) and cartoon games (not real, cartoons are for children) (Children means under the age of 18) :)

So you're dad played in a game last year as a cadet at West Point? A school that you have to be under 21 at the time of enrollment, and you're 15? So he was...8 when you were born?

Oh hush you know what I meant don't play ****. I didn't mean last year I just meant he played sports.

Oh I'm sorry. I just assumed that when you made a very specific claim about what exact game he was in and the year he was in it you meant that, and not that he has played in a sports game at some point in his life. Is he actually in the Army or has he just watched some war movies at some point as well?

I'm done talking with you old people now I didn't realize how old some of you are its just really creepy to me now...like seriously
  • DeepChu
    185 posts Member
    Options

What's up? Only people under 18 are allowed to play? I'm almost 35, have a family and three kids, nice job, and I'm a **** freaky. Love these games because now it is the only kind of game I can play since, you now, have a job, a family and a life, and while I can do it all at a nice equilibrium I will continue playing because I love it. And when my kids are old enough I will play with them.

Keep your inside child alive!!!

BTW and to keep the post topic: Much fast and easy right now. Until node 8 easy lvl 6x - 7x teams with g7 and some g8 toon. Nodes 9 and 10 lvl 80 g8 toons, Nodes 11 and 12 top meta nightmare teams. 25 min and GW done. Nice job DEVs.
  • Options
    So many scrubs in here complaining about how they wanted a challenge. If you weren't scrubs you'd know that GW was never challenging at the "endgame" power ratings, just tedious and not fun.

The best part is, even if they did put in a "hard mode" with the same rewards, none of the scrubs would ever do it.
  • Options
    HZSNe24.jpg

There's your problem. You don't have a geared tank.

• Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    I love the new GW. At 38.4k power and rank 1 I used to face 6-7 geared meta. Now it is only the last two nodes. I can finish GW in half a hour again. Great!
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    So many scrubs in here complaining about how they wanted a challenge. If you weren't scrubs you'd know that GW was never challenging at the "endgame" power ratings, just tedious and not fun.

The best part is, even if they did put in a "hard mode" with the same rewards, none of the scrubs would ever do it.

its a good thing they made it easier for those very elite like yourself ;)
    difficulty was never the problem, yet making it easier is the sollution? get over yourself and face the facts.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Auch poor Chip - Thats what happens when you dare to voice unpopular opinions mate :(
    I think you made good points though (and even have arena power to not be disclaimed for that).

Some manner and some respect for people with differenciating opinions to yours will get you further in life my friend.
    --
    I do prefer games to involve gaming, auto and sim is not that exciting for me. Guess that makes me a scrub, Ill manage.
    What wasnt fun for you, perhaps was for others - I found it an interesting task to push past old GW in sub 30mins, autoing new in 20was less exciting.

But its a mobilegame and the devs probably made the popular choice here, not arguing that - But would surely have preferred a change that cut out the boring first 5-6zergs rather than doubling their amount.

Oh well, atleast the forum can be about other stuff than GW complaints now and thank god for that
  • Options
    I can actually play around with some lesser toons now.
  • Options
    Great Job, EA!

Thx for fixing GW.
  • Options
    I like the adjustments made to GW. It made the game less tedious. Makes it more fun to fire up the game for a casual match.
  • Drexnaw
    152 posts Member
    Options
    GW has always been easy... I didn't even notice a difference, the problem was that it took forever to complete. They should've just cut it down to six fights and split up the rewards of twelve fights into the last six fights.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for the change! I really hated taking my time to be on my phone for too long. The change is welcomed for those with high power levels. Having a team at 37k halts your progress so far behind the curve if you don't have 13 other supporting teams who are at the same power level. It's like punching a solid brick wall.
    For those who are under the power curve, GW is doable and seems fairly easy. I was in the 32k range for quite some time and was able to fully utilize even lvl 60 G7 units with some resistance. As you progressed in power, GW became dreadful. Just imagine that you're level 70 Gear7 facing full teams of level 80 Gear8 for 7 nodes. I bet you'll be singing a new tune then.
  • Options

This is a star wars game... I'd bet the over 40 crowd is at least 20% of the player base....
  • Options
    I'm done talking with you old people now I didn't realize how old some of you are its just really creepy to me now...like seriously

Us old people all got a good chuckle at that.
  • Options
    Thx <3
  • Options
    Honestly the change has not affected how long it takes me to play. I actually took the time months ago to develop two really good squads. If you use the right characters, one squad can beat 75% or 9 nodes, and you use the other one to beat the remaining 3 nodes. I was in the process of developing a third one, but mainly just used those characters to soften up harder nodes. It was very doable before. Now GW is a joke. Why not just hand out the rewards for logging in?

GW used to be fun, it required a lot of thinking and strategy. Now it is just a mindless battle. Sorry but EA did not make it better. It should have just been reduced to 6 nodes or 9 nodes, and up the rewards and the difficulty slightly. Less nodes would have meant a faster experience, and keeping the difficulty the same would have kept the charm of GW.
  • artax
    25 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    if they got rid of this silly notion that random is good they could make some really cool constructed campaigns, like a month long Imperial March where you face tiers of Empire troops with a different miniboss at the end of each week, finishing with a node 12 miniraid style battle against Palpatine on week 4.

I like that idea for GW.
  • Options
    GW was originally designed, it seems, to be a war of attrition that was one of the few things in the game that really demanded both a deep and balanced roster. It seems that now the only thing you need is the F2P meta team that everyone and their dog uses. I am definitely disappointed at the utter lack of challenge with today's GW thus far. The first 7 nodes were of sub-level 70 teams (I'm 80) that offered no thought to beat, but I don't want to auto battle because you all know what the AI does to your special abilities... So it was no challenge and absolutely no fun. It's looking like it's going to be the equivalent of the daily challenges now for me: a pointless mode that offers minimal enjoyment. I'll give it a few more days, but the initial impression is not a positive one.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Love the changes. +1 to the Devs for getting it right!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    136143117646.jpg
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    If it's too easy and you need a better challenge, play with 4 toons or 3!
  • Options
    Kinzer1123 wrote: »
    Chip find a different post your not welcome here and I hope you do quit the game. You want a challenge then go make your own game. This post was thanking the devs for a great update.

Lol.... you people.... have you thought about what would happen if everyone did quit the game? It would become obsolete....

I had to develop a strong bench and be able to reach 3 or 4 teams deep (not including suicide teams) to beat GW on a regular basis. That caused me to sacrifice my pvp team because I couldn't only concentrate on only 5 toons.... I made that choice because the payout from GW was better and I thought "strategery" (yes strategery) was the best way to excel in the game.... apparently I was very wrong.... I guess this game is just like a slot machine.... just push buttons and see what comes out. Isn't the point of paying a game to be challenged and use your mind?

Actually the point of a game is to relax, unwind, escape from the frustration of real life, and most of all HAVE FUN. Also this is a mobile app not dark souls 3. Mobile apps are supposed to be quick distractions, otherwise they would turn this into a console game
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I didnt need to use my A team at all.

Too little challenge.

Thanks for making my game less enjoyable.