Are you ready for the scoundrel event?

Prev134
Wildcats1203
781 posts Member
edited June 2016
EA heard our complaints about not giving us time to farm for the Empire event, so now they announced that a scoundrel event will be happening several weeks in advance. Are you ready?

Are you ready for the scoundrel event? 383 votes

Yes!
18%
TheRenegadeThe_Oklahoma_KidDarthMessi1984DrPancakesNaecabonMurTelclhsBentWookieepepelestatStarSonRonTomKreycomandabenfberbertbenacrowAmnorunit900000TomekReeYeescheetah2114 70 votes
No, but I will be soon
32%
TelaanIvoB1987NarmacilSysyKhorvog_KarbossaStormyTheopiumPolaricekozakjanosWildcats1203KAULIBaggodiMofojokers1992SlevinBurgerChunMcPot45SmithieHutgoldenarmadi110ArarisValerian 126 votes
No, and I'm not planning on farming for it
48%
BahnurSyth_HunterSlyGambitProtaminedarksideCourierStav_KoobuPezzzDarthbaneSekuvincentlondonfive2zeroTheShadow1983Casual_Playerclartymarty75Salgado9Dookiedog68MithAl_TizKrix 187 votes

Replies

• Options
    No, but I will be soon
    I need lots of credits for stars and levels, but in a few weeks I should have a team that can complete it.
  • Options
    idk... How many scoundrels do you need, what star level do they need to be and how challenging is the event going to be this time?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    No plans at all.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    No, but I will be soon
    idk... How many scoundrels do you need, what star level do they need to be and how challenging is the event going to be this time?

Nobody knows, but I'm assuming that it's going to be around the difficulty of current challenges, meaning a team of about two or three seven star toons should be plenty
  • Options
    I have 6 scoundrels but most of them are undergeared and underleveled. First I need to see the rewards to see if it's worth it.
  • Options

Nobody knows, but I'm assuming that it's going to be around the difficulty of current challenges, meaning a team of about two or three seven star toons should be plenty

Hmm ok, thnx. In which case, maybe, just about. I'll need to level and star two toons though :(
  • Options
    No, but I will be soon
    I have 6 scoundrels but most of them are undergeared and underleveled. First I need to see the rewards to see if it's worth it.

They said the event will appear once a week, presumably forever. It might take a month or two or even six, but I think it's safe to say that at some point you will profit.
  • Options
    Lol even if I farm the toons I need I don't have the credits to level/promote them
  • Options
    No, but I will be soon
    5 scoundrels is gonna take a while over 5 mil per one to go to 80 then the amount needed to 7* and droids and the gear and the credits to the gear.

But eventually it should pay off.
  • Options
    This would DEFINITELY put a wrench in my plans for my main clone team. I would be broke if I tried to level my scoundrels(but if Embo released I would drop everything and farm him)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Viruschill wrote: »
    Lol even if I farm the toons I need I don't have the credits to level/promote them

This. I have the resources but till i see rewards not wasting credits.
    {RotE}
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Sadly, this is the important aspect that they don't tell us. I don't think that I will invest much in scroundels for the time being. My credits position is kinda thigh, investing in scroundels now would put all my budget balancing effort into disarray :disappointed:
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No, but I will be soon
    My Chewie's okay (Level 70, 5 stars, gear 9), but there's quite a drop off between him and my next highest power: Greedo, level 45, 2 stars, gear 6... Going through the rest of the roster it looks live I've got Mob Enforcer, Nute Gunray, and Stormtrooper Han at insignificantly low levels (Han'll be good soon-ish, but I'm throwing all credits and droids at Qui-Gon Jinn at the moment, so he'll have to wait a week or two). Nevermind, I always thought Han was a scoundrel. Turns out he's a rebel.

So I'll probably be able to do low-tier versions of the event at first, but I should eventually be able to do the real deal--I always wanted Lando eventually anyway, I've just had other priorities first.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    I have 6* Lando, 5* Chewy, 6* Greedo, 5* Cad, 4* Boba. Lando and Cad will have enough shards I could 7* them. Lando and Chewy are G8 but everyone else is 6 or 7. They're all between levels 60-66.

It'd be nice to know if I need to work on them before the event starts. I've been working a bit on CHewy for raids but wasn't focused on anyone else. So obviously this would be a sacrifice from other things. Lando is the only arena viable toon in the mix and he's more of a gimmick than a major player (I have an 88 team and a rebel team that he can work with). Chewy is good in raids.
  • Options
    Nope, and no desire to farm for it. The rewards from these events have been crud anyways.
  • Options
    No, but I will be soon
    Nope, and no desire to farm for it. The rewards from these events have been crud anyways.

If it returns every week, the rewards should add up
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    No, but I will be soon
    Although I could be ready for it, I'll reserve judgment until I see the rewards
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    No plans at all mostly because as a level 80 player with 17 of my top toons at 7*, not a single toon in my roster is a scoundrel lol..

Might buy a few GW shipments for Cad since he's close to being unlocked.
  • Options
    Wait! I have a 3* Chewy lol
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    I will wait to see if it is worth it.
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't even know how many scoundrels I have besides ig88. After the Yoda event I refuse to farm an entire team for something like this. Starring up all those jedi I never use was literally the worst experience I've had with this game.
  • Options
    No way to know until I know specifics. I got a couple scoundrels laying around that may do something.
  • Options
    No, but I will be soon
    fudgra wrote: »
    Nope. I don't even know how many scoundrels I have besides ig88. After the Yoda event I refuse to farm an entire team for something like this. Starring up all those jedi I never use was literally the worst experience I've had with this game.

88 isn't a scoundrel
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No, but I will be soon
    Will this take 5 characters in Yoda way, or?
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    Options
    This event has been put on the back burners for months now. Hope it's worth it.
  • Options
    If it takes 5 characters, I'm gonna need about 28 million credits to power up Chewie, Cad, Greedo, and Lando. So ... not a priority.
  • Options
    No, but I will be soon
    No_Try wrote: »
    Will this take 5 characters in Yoda way, or?

Very doubtful
  • Options
    Hopefully lando and his magnificent stache can carry chewie and well I guess I don't have a third scoundrel. Can't do it, oh well. If only IG-88 was a scoundrel, or scoundrels in general were better..
  • Options
    Yes!
    Heck yeah I am! I'm hyped for the sweet sweet credits.
  • Options
    Riddle me this, there are two han solos in the game but only one is scoundrel + rebel while the other is strictly rebel, shouldn't they both be scoundrel?