Greedo & cad bane level 70 g7 5*
    Hope it's good enough.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Dando99 wrote: »
    EchoDelta wrote: »
    Only Chewie who is viable. Another event I won't be able to participate in. Seems like the event is only available for those who have the extra credits, gears, and mats to gear these primarily unpopular and useless characters.

How do you know how useful they are if you dont have them? I do and they are plenty useful. Sure they arent the best toons but if you play them right they can be. They arent just plug and play, you have to use some strategy with them.
    No amount of strategy makes up for being woefully underpowered. Take Rey vs Cad Bane for instance. They are both glass cannon damage dealers. Their health is pretty close to the same. Both between 11-12k. But her speed is 57 points higher than his. Also she has two specials to his one. Her first special does twice the damage his does. Her second is even higher. I've seen it kill toons with nearly 30k health/protection in one shot. And even though he has a stun, she can give herself foresight, which has a similar effect of wasting an enemy turn. But she can get that buff with her basic or her special, and also give herself offence up. Even the bonuses he gets against Jedi don't make him a fraction of the attacker she is.

I don't need to max him out to see that a toon taking 3 turns to his 2, with twice as many high damage attacks, that do 200-300% more damage, is better than Cad Bane. There are some nice scoundrel leader abilities. Lando is good in the right team, and Chewie is not bad for raids. And not all need a total overhaul to be good toons. Give Cad a BIG speed buff, and he'd be good to go. But the abilities given to this class as a whole aren't fair compared to many other toons. Hopefully they'll get the same care as Anakin got. I'd love to see scoundrels made stronger.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    No, but I will be soon
    Four out of five scoundrels Level 70 and ready to go. Just Greedo left at 51/70. If the event drops later this week, I'll be ready to go.

There's also the chance of doing the L50 tier and getting enough credits to top off Greedo with what I can collect in the mean time and then take down the L70.

Couldn't be happier to see all the players choosing not to farm the event for 1M credits per week.
  • Dando99
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    JRA wrote: »
    Only Chewie who is viable. Another event I won't be able to participate in. Seems like the event is only available for those who have the extra credits, gears, and mats to gear these primarily unpopular and useless characters.

How do you know how useful they are if you dont have them? I do and they are plenty useful. Sure they arent the best toons but if you play them right they can be. They arent just plug and play, you have to use some strategy with them.
    No amount of strategy makes up for being woefully underpowered. Take Rey vs Cad Bane for instance. They are both glass cannon damage dealers. Their health is pretty close to the same. Both between 11-12k. But her speed is 57 points higher than his. Also she has two specials to his one. Her first special does twice the damage his does. Her second is even higher. I've seen it kill toons with nearly 30k health/protection in one shot. And even though he has a stun, she can give herself foresight, which has a similar effect of wasting an enemy turn. But she can get that buff with her basic or her special, and also give herself offence up. Even the bonuses he gets against Jedi don't make him a fraction of the attacker she is.

I don't need to max him out to see that a toon taking 3 turns to his 2, with twice as many high damage attacks, that do 200-300% more damage, is better than Cad Bane. There are some nice scoundrel leader abilities. Lando is good in the right team, and Chewie is not bad for raids. And not all need a total overhaul to be good toons. Give Cad a BIG speed buff, and he'd be good to go. But the abilities given to this class as a whole aren't fair compared to many other toons. Hopefully they'll get the same care as Anakin got. I'd love to see scoundrels made stronger.

Well remember I said they weren't the best. But they are far from being useless, I admit Boba and Cad for most part need buffs but i still use Boba lead. Also people underestimate the hitting power of Greedo.
  • Options
    No, but I will be soon
    Chewie is ready, holding back credits till I see how much is required to scrape a win together.

Sounds like 1million a week, so happy to invest
  • Options
    i'm hoping that you can use an ally, because i have 5 worthless scoundrels that i need a strong ally to one shot me to victory.
  • Nikka488
    277 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think I am. 6* Boba, 7* Cad, 5* Lando, 6* Greedo, 4* Chewie. I haven't leveled or geared any of them up much. I'll run them how they are first and upgrade/gear as little as necessary to win. Unless it will require substantially more credits that I can earn back in a month or two.
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    Cad bane, boba, and Lando are already either 6 or 7 stars and above gear 7. Working on chewbacca right now.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    7 star cad bane gear lvl 8.
    5 star chewie gear lvl 8.
    4 star boba fett gear lvl 7.
    4 star greedo gear lv 7.
    4 star nute gunray gear lvl 5.

Lord, I hope so. :)
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    No, but I will be soon
    Four out of five scoundrels Level 70 and ready to go. Just Greedo left at 51/70. If the event drops later this week, I'll be ready to go.

There's also the chance of doing the L50 tier and getting enough credits to top off Greedo with what I can collect in the mean time and then take down the L70.

Couldn't be happier to see all the players choosing not to farm the event for 1M credits per week.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    JRA wrote: »

Well remember I said they weren't the best. But they are far from being useless, I admit Boba and Cad for most part need buffs but i still use Boba lead. Also people underestimate the hitting power of Greedo.
    Ugh. A few of them are pretty close to useless. I was struggling to 3 star some of these high level hard nodes until I got Rey to max gear. I wish for you that Greedo or Cad Bane could perform similarly to Rey is under the right conditions. But as it is she is literally 3-400% better DPS than Cad at least with no synergy or buffs needed. They deserve better.
  • Options
    No, and I'm not planning on farming for it
    All the scoundrels suck and are too hard to farm
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    Starring up all those jedi I never use was literally the worst experience I've had with this game.

Huh? Bariss, QGJ, Lumi, Ashoka, and even Mace have plenty of utility in this game. QGJ in particular is one of the most powerful all round characters not to mention you got Yoda who's good and unique.

Eeth Koth was the only worthless toon I got out of it but I just consider the time I invested in him as time invested in the little green dood. i farmed al mine as a FTP while maintaining a top-5 arena spot so it's not like there was a crap ton of sacrifice.
  • Options
    No, but I will be soon
    Just in case folks don't know...

This event will require 5 Scoundrels. It was posted on the Reddit side by an Event Dev.

It's supposed to have a LVL 50 and LVL 70 side, with 2x attempts at each (I believe).

LVL 50 is supposed to reward 120k and LVL 70 is supposed to reward double that, roughly. They did say they are tweaking it though.

I am not ready for the Scoundrel Credit Event yet, but I highly recommend everyone start working on it. Long-term, it'll be an investment that will pay off.

This looks like it'll be a permanent thing. That's about 750k in credits a week for free. No energy or crystals or anything. Yeah, it sucks having to farm characters I don't use, I'll admit it. I don't like using credits on them when my focus was elsewhere. But I also know that in a month or so, this will have paid back what I put in.
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    Options
    Hope they push the event to the beginning of July. I just unlocked Boba and am 13 shards short of unlocking Lando. Would rather go into this event with these two toons plus 4* Cad, Chewie and a 2* (lol) Greedo than Mob Enforcer.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    No, but I will be soon
    Not sure why the event is set to start three days before Dengar is available, so I guess I won't get in on the first one, but 5* Chewie G8, 6* Cad G7, 4* Lando G7 and 4* Greedo G7 -- and Dengar -- will hopefully be enough to scratch out a few credits.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    No, but I will be soon
    Riddle me this, there are two han solos in the game but only one is scoundrel + rebel while the other is strictly rebel, shouldn't they both be scoundrel?

xFfE8Ko.jpg
  • Dando99
    63 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yes!
    PugVader wrote: »
    Hope they push the event to the beginning of July. I just unlocked Boba and am 13 shards short of unlocking Lando. Would rather go into this event with these two toons plus 4* Cad, Chewie and a 2* (lol) Greedo than Mob Enforcer.

I don't think they should push the event back to accommodate people who didn't invest in Scoundrels. I think we have had ample time to prepare for this event, I have a maxed team ready to go.

• Options

I've borrowed them from allies
  • Options
    Yes!
    I thought it was gonna be out now. The 28th right?
  • Dando99
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!

I've borrowed them from allies[/quote]

So let me get this straight. You judge a whole Synergy based off borrowing one toon from an ally. This may sounds crazy but you need a few scoundrels for the synergy to kick in. I just think you can't accurately get a feel for them from one borrowed toon. If I used a Jedi that needed synergy to see his full potential I wouldn't get it.
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Options
    No missed this and the rebel one :( too many things going on. Lack of coins holding back progress got cad sitting there ready for 7* no cash to level him
  • Options
    Yes!
    Sooo. Lets see if it even hits today or if 'Le Grande F:up' pushes it back a wee bit. I'm about as ready as can be without knowing what I need in terms of overall power to complete. Stockpiled 7.5m credits, 90 ability mats mk3, 25 omegas to bring up my Scoundrels to be able to finish the event.
  • Options
    Yes!
    I'm chompin' at the bit on this one lol. It's the first event I'm actually ready and prepared for. Let's doodiss!
  • Options
    Its not really that im not planning on farming for it. But unless the rewards are steller. I got a lot bigger fish to fry.
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Options
    No, but I will be soon
    I'll be ready for Tier 1 at least, if it's manageable with 4 toons
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Homish
    65 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    Yes, started shortly after they announced it, didn't take too long. See it as an investment, 1 million credits per week. Yes please
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    We knew a scoundrel event was coming for months btw.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    I got chewy and thats it ... i wont waste time, credits, gear and energy for chars i dont like to play with. However, it depends on rewards, if the payout is game-changing, i will probably start farming those ... scoundrels ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.