Decisions and Consequences.

Prev1
Aniema
602 posts Member
Recent changes to the game have left me feeling..discouraged. I've spent a good amount of money and time maximizing my characters and roster to a certain level of potential that has allowed me to achieve basically endgame status. For the yoda event I leveled up more Jedi than I needed, farmed Baris like crazy(cause I read she makes it a lot easier). I defeated Jedi master Yoda after 40 minutes(and without the Baris equalization method I might add) only for the yoda event to be dumbed down the following day. Had I waited one more day I would have beat him without any effort and could have saved myself a lot of time and money instead I wasted more than I really wanted to farming those extra jedi that aren't good(Eeth Koth). But whatever.

I have upgraded a lot of characters gear into G9 and above to compete at the highest level. Then I come to the forums and see people wanting certain characters nerfed. I just don't understand this as I am able to beat any team I face w/o any problems. My guess is because their roster and gear isn't up to par. I don't know, but whatever.

I completed galactic wars easily everyday but recent changes have made it so easy that my main team still has protection bars at the 10 node. People say if you want a challenge run lower geared/leveled/stared characters. But why should I have to do that when the character I spent time and money on are funner and my favorite to play. But again..whatever.

All these decisions make me wonder if what I done was all worth it. Why should I bother maxing anymore characters when the content is constantly being dumbed down and changed. Online games change, I get that. But if I can complete everything w/o effort then from now on that is what I'm going to do.

So no more spending money on my part. I will continue to play this game until my login times become lesser and lesser, but I will no longer support a system designed to cater to the wants of the have~nots. I'm not trying to be egotistical. I'm not trying to be a **** to anyone. I understand everyone has their own opinions on how things should be done. But what I don't understand is how people like myself can get and beat everything they want by hard work and time, and others simply just want a free handout and everything giving to them easily. And maybe that's not how they really are or want they want, but to me that's what it surely feels like.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    simple awnser: the game has to be liked by the mayority.
    for example: If the mayority farmed the wrong characters for GW and it turns out that it backfired later in the game, the GW will get changed. It's irrelevant that its because the mayority made wrong choices. (i'm not saying this is the reason why GW got changed, its just an example)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options
    You pay to get ahead so enjoy being lonely at the top.
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    Millennials ruin everything. I blame Obama. Poe is too fast, Barris hits too hard, Dooku and Sid mave ruined the arena..... Did I miss some excuses people have used?
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Options

H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    You pay to get ahead so enjoy being lonely at the top.

This

Also I'm loving GW now, hated how long it took before, I never enjoyed doing them admittedly but only way to farm decent coins cause payouts are so stingy on everything else

Problem is people getting cheesed off at walls everywhere you simply hit the p2w one :)

• OguhDeias
    140 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    Recent changes to the game have left me feeling..discouraged. I've spent a good amount of money and time maximizing my characters and roster to a certain level of potential that has allowed me to achieve basically endgame status. For the yoda event I leveled up more Jedi than I needed, farmed Baris like crazy(cause I read she makes it a lot easier). I defeated Jedi master Yoda after 40 minutes(and without the Baris equalization method I might add) only for the yoda event to be dumbed down the following day. Had I waited one more day I would have beat him without any effort and could have saved myself a lot of time and money instead I wasted more than I really wanted to farming those extra jedi that aren't good(Eeth Koth). But whatever.

I have upgraded a lot of characters gear into G9 and above to compete at the highest level. Then I come to the forums and see people wanting certain characters nerfed. I just don't understand this as I am able to beat any team I face w/o any problems. My guess is because their roster and gear isn't up to par. I don't know, but whatever.

I completed galactic wars easily everyday but recent changes have made it so easy that my main team still has protection bars at the 10 node. People say if you want a challenge run lower geared/leveled/stared characters. But why should I have to do that when the character I spent time and money on are funner and my favorite to play. But again..whatever.

All these decisions make me wonder if what I done was all worth it. Why should I bother maxing anymore characters when the content is constantly being dumbed down and changed. Online games change, I get that. But if I can complete everything w/o effort then from now on that is what I'm going to do.

So no more spending money on my part. I will continue to play this game until my login times become lesser and lesser, but I will no longer support a system designed to cater to the wants of the have~nots. I'm not trying to be egotistical. I'm not trying to be a **** to anyone. I understand everyone has their own opinions on how things should be done. But what I don't understand is how people like myself can get and beat everything they want by hard work and time, and others simply just want a free handout and everything giving to them easily. And maybe that's not how they really are or want they want, but to me that's what it surely feels like.

+1000 upvote

people just want everything now and without effort. plane and simple. i agree with you 100%

note: I am a mini dolphin (mostly F2P) and don´t want hand outs. I like and prefer games that are not easy.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    The endgame of all mobile games is incredibly boring. I'm sorry you paid money to get yourself there quicker.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a mini dolphin as well. The GW changes are well received.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    @Aniema

I'm not sure if you are serious, given the below remarks were made in the same statement.

"...I've spent a good amount of money and time maximizing my characters and roster to a certain level of potential that has allowed me to achieve basically endgame status..."

"...But what I don't understand is how people like myself can get and beat everything they want by hard work and time, and others simply just want a free handout and everything giving to them easily..."

Assuming you are serious:

I honestly pity your situation, as the freemium model targets folk like yourself, looking to get the P2W edge. Unfortunately that is the nature of P2W; Either it kills the game, or the devs manage it with nerfs, buffs, and adjustments to keep others around.

Be honest, would you actually enjoy a game where every player was trying to P2W just as hard as you were? Is it actually "competing" at that point? The only true winner is the development company, while the P2W players look like fools wallet fighting to be on top of an arbitrary leaderboard.

Ultimately, you do what you want with your money, but the only thing that has changed about gaming, is the freemium model attracting entitled players. Players have always asked for nerfs, buffs, and balancing when competing against others. It's the P2W types who've come along over the years expecting to be treated like investors, rather than players.
  • Beege
    74 posts Member
    Options
    @Aniema

I'm not sure if you are serious, given the below remarks were made in the same statement.

"...I've spent a good amount of money and time maximizing my characters and roster to a certain level of potential that has allowed me to achieve basically endgame status..."

"...But what I don't understand is how people like myself can get and beat everything they want by hard work and time, and others simply just want a free handout and everything giving to them easily..."

Assuming you are serious:

I honestly pity your situation, as the freemium model targets folk like yourself, looking to get the P2W edge. Unfortunately that is the nature of P2W; Either it kills the game, or the devs manage it with nerfs, buffs, and adjustments to keep others around.

Be honest, would you actually enjoy a game where every player was trying to P2W just as hard as you were? Is it actually "competing" at that point? The only true winner is the development company, while the P2W players look like fools wallet fighting to be on top of an arbitrary leaderboard.

Ultimately, you do what you want with your money, but the only thing that has changed about gaming, is the freemium model attracting entitled players. Players have always asked for nerfs, buffs, and balancing when competing against others. It's the P2W types who've come along over the years expecting to be treated like investors, rather than players.

You sir win the internet today...
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    It's not just about money spent. I've spent a lot more on other games that I've played for years.

It's about my account progress. The time spent getting to know what works and what don't. The time getting to know different characters. The dedication of logging in day after day, every 6 hours, making sure I don't miss out on collecting energy, buy shards, constantly improving my roster, etc.

What's it all for if the yoda event gets dumbed down? Why continue to work on more characters or rare characters when people want them nerfed? Why spend anymore time or money doing anything on this game anymore?

Maybe my gaming standards are just too high to continue with this game. Maybe I just expect too much. All I know is I am completely done with spending money on this game no matter what event or character is released. I am also done with spending large amounts of time with this game as well.

The only achievement that still motivates me to play is getting Vader to 7*, but even then there are the Vader police snitching on every 7* Vader they see. I don't need that kind of hassle.

For a minute forget I said anything about money. If this post was about my time only, I would still feel the same way about how everything is getting dumbed down after all the work I've put into this game. I know I'm not alone, maybe I'm the minorty. But I'm sure some people in the majority can sympathize on how something that they put so much time into be nerfed down or changed to the point to where their time would feel like it was wasted.
  • Options
    It's not just about money spent. I've spent a lot more on other games that I've played for years.

It's about my account progress. The time spent getting to know what works and what don't. The time getting to know different characters. The dedication of logging in day after day, every 6 hours, making sure I don't miss out on collecting energy, buy shards, constantly improving my roster, etc.

What's it all for if the yoda event gets dumbed down? Why continue to work on more characters or rare characters when people want them nerfed? Why spend anymore time or money doing anything on this game anymore?

Maybe my gaming standards are just too high to continue with this game. Maybe I just expect too much. All I know is I am completely done with spending money on this game no matter what event or character is released. I am also done with spending large amounts of time with this game as well.

The only achievement that still motivates me to play is getting Vader to 7*, but even then there are the Vader police snitching on every 7* Vader they see. I don't need that kind of hassle.

For a minute forget I said anything about money. If this post was about my time only, I would still feel the same way about how everything is getting dumbed down after all the work I've put into this game. I know I'm not alone, maybe I'm the minorty. But I'm sure some people in the majority can sympathize on how something that they put so much time into be nerfed down or changed to the point to where their time would feel like it was wasted.
    Seems like you want to quit...
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I can sympathize.
    I also know that change is sometimes necessary.
    Try to focus on maximizing your fun, however you can find it.
    If none exists, its time to move on.

My fun has been greatly diminished as of late.
    I really liked the GW prior to the update.
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    simple awnser: the game has to be liked by the mayority.
    for example: If the mayority farmed the wrong characters for GW and it turns out that it backfired later in the game, the GW will get changed. It's irrelevant that its because the mayority made wrong choices. (i'm not saying this is the reason why GW got changed, its just an example)

1st you spelled majority wrong twice but whatever. This game has to be enjoyable by the payers not the majority. I am almost at the point where all payers need to just boycott the game to a point where they will have to listen to our demands rather than a bunch of crybaby F2P people.
  • Beege
    74 posts Member
    Options

If you no longer get enjoyment from the game and it's content then do one of two things. 1) Quit and move on to something the fills whatever happiness you are trying to receive or 2) Take a 2 month break, come back with a fresh face and new challenges to regrind for. I never understood someone that would write a post such as yours. Are you looking for internet sympathy; blowing off steam; trying to get clarity? I'm not being rude, I honestly am not sure why you would be posting. If it's no longer fun, why continue? You have not fathered this game, you are not married to it and it provides you with zero tangible effects. Freemium games will always be changing up their metas because they are going after whales who are willing to pour $$$$ of resources to flex their e-peen...it's just the nature of the beast. Do whatever brings you the most joy and don't look back my friend.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Um, I didnt want to flex my peen, I wanted to collect all the dudes.

BTW you cant flex that body part, its not a muscle.
  • Options
    Beege wrote: »

If you no longer get enjoyment from the game and it's content then do one of two things. 1) Quit and move on to something the fills whatever happiness you are trying to receive or 2) Take a 2 month break, come back with a fresh face and new challenges to regrind for. I never understood someone that would write a post such as yours. Are you looking for internet sympathy; blowing off steam; trying to get clarity? I'm not being rude, I honestly am not sure why you would be posting. If it's no longer fun, why continue? You have not fathered this game, you are not married to it and it provides you with zero tangible effects. Freemium games will always be changing up their metas because they are going after whales who are willing to pour $$$$ of resources to flex their e-peen...it's just the nature of the beast. Do whatever brings you the most joy and don't look back my friend.

Gotta agree with this bloke, mind you it just sounds like you want to quit. So definitely would bro these games are money generators nothing more.

May i recommend:
    Bloodborne
    Dark souls series
    Binding of isaac
    Etc

You seem to crave a challenge... atleast these won't let you waste money.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    @Beege

No it's not about sympathy. It's about putting in the work to accomplish things and others put in less work and accomplish the same things.

Yoda event took me 40 minutes but I beat it. The forums flooded with complaints it was too hard. The next day it was dumbed down. Had I know that I wouldn't have farm trash toons like Eeth Koth. That's a lot of time and resources I could have put into a far better toon that I would actually use.

I maxed out toons of toons like Dooku and Rey. Yet the forums still get flooded with those toons needing nerfs. Again why work on Dooku or Rey if this is the case?

I have a good enough roster to complete GWs everyday for months now. Recently it gets changed so easy that I can run it on auto and still have protection at the 10 node. I don't mind this change so much, but there is a pattern here I am noticing.

My point is that spending time or money on this game isn't worth it to me anymore. With the recent changes to those things I listed this isn't gonna be the end. This cycle will continue over and over until more people like me just get fed up and start saying what's on there mind.

I like this game and don't wanna quit but the way it's going and the changes being made...my time on this game is coming to end real quickly.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

And the f2p types who've come along over the years expecting to be treated like paying customers, rather than players? entitled players all around, f2p p2p. Meanwhile EA/GC is making money hand over fist exploiting basic human psychology/behaviour. When a paying player, who isnt happy with the services they provided, the f2p fights their battles for them. The OP is simply expressing his discontentment about how the game is currently evolving, and he has all the right in the word to do so. Yet people feel the need to get snarky, why?

i played a few freemium games. After spending a few 50's here and there on the first freemium game i played, i'm never paying agian for freemium games.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ThePedroKid
    368 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I agree that the 'nerfing' needs to stop. Bariss and Poe should have never been nerfed either. Other toons should have just been buffed. Now, with the protection thing, it seems Bariss and Poe would be perfect with their original stats, for example, and people would actually use them.

There will ALWAYS be top toons and meta builds/squads. ALWAYS. Just because someone doesn't have those toons or is having trouble beating them is not a reason to nerf them. It is a reason for that person to farm the toons themselves and learn the skills necessary to win.

I personally find that many people simply do not put in the effort to try new things. Instead they come to forums like these to get the 'meta' right away. I applaud the folks who come up with unique squads that work and often lead to new meta. There are many ways to skin this cat... You just have to experiment a little and that does take time (acquiring a roster, etc.). But, that's kind of the point...
  • Beege
    74 posts Member
    Options
    @Beege

No it's not about sympathy. It's about putting in the work to accomplish things and others put in less work and accomplish the same things.

Yoda event took me 40 minutes but I beat it. The forums flooded with complaints it was too hard. The next day it was dumbed down. Had I know that I wouldn't have farm trash toons like Eeth Koth. That's a lot of time and resources I could have put into a far better toon that I would actually use.

I maxed out toons of toons like Dooku and Rey. Yet the forums still get flooded with those toons needing nerfs. Again why work on Dooku or Rey if this is the case?

I have a good enough roster to complete GWs everyday for months now. Recently it gets changed so easy that I can run it on auto and still have protection at the 10 node. I don't mind this change so much, but there is a pattern here I am noticing.

My point is that spending time or money on this game isn't worth it to me anymore. With the recent changes to those things I listed this isn't gonna be the end. This cycle will continue over and over until more people like me just get fed up and start saying what's on there mind.

I like this game and don't wanna quit but the way it's going and the changes being made...my time on this game is coming to end real quickly.

I would like to debate your points a bit if you don't mind.

1) I'm not sure how much money you spent so I won't completely call you out, but swiping a credit card for characters is not "work". All freemium games follow a similar model. Whales pay for the opportunity to be the "first" to try something out ie: yoda knowing that down the line it is going to be made available for the masses. While I do agree the yoda challenge was nerfed quickly it wasn't until the third event when this happened and on average there was a 4 week window between events. So in reality Yoda was available and difficult for 2 full months before it was dumbed down to allow for a greater penetration into the community. Unfortunately you struggled through yours right before the patch which would be frustrating, but is also coincidence.

2) The toons you have maxed out like Dooku and Rey have allowed you to gain an edge during this meta phase. As in any competitive game balancing and shifting of power must occur to continue to challenge players. Would you honestly be happy if Poe and the Speed meta was still in place or if Bariss was still a god? Having new goals and toons to farm is the whole point of this game. I just started working on ewoks for the raid and they are AMAZINGLY fun to play with!

3) Yes Galactic War is easy. However, GW is also THE primary way for F2P to gain currency (gw gems) and rank non-Chromium only toons. The problem was the skill gap between F2P and the Whales in their shards were expanding so rapidly that most players on the lower end of the spectrum could barely make it halfway through their daily GW thus furthering the gap in the servers. What I have started doing is using GW to test different squad setups to see how they can play off of each other (also, running ewoks with RG is hilariously fun, you should try it).

I think the problem you are running into is you feel that the money you have spent on the game is not providing you with the level of enjoyment you are wanting in return. However, if you stop spending cash to gain the advantage slow down and enjoy the daily grind, you may find more enjoyment in areas and toons you though were terrible because the didn't fit into the current hyper competitive arena meta. I'm by no means giving EA and CG a pass, but this isn't some revolutionary and devious road they are bring you along. It is literally they same model you will find in pretty much any freemium game model. Trust me I have been very active in the past in many of these types of games (Clash of Clans, Warframe, Smite, etc). I play a F2P with at most $80 over the lifetime of my game involvement per game and when it quits being fun I find something new (I recently have hung up my **** village for those exact reasons).

However, I will never fault a developer for trying to earn money to pay the employees that provide the content. And let's be honest, for a free mobile game this thing has a ton of content (quality is in the eye of the user).
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Beege

Bro

As he said and my post after, you are already thinking of quiting so best to bro.

I've dropped over 10 grand on this game, hated the hard green hulk but feels good to have done it that way. So they changed it lol who cares it's good we did it the hard way a good achievement.

Games always will have things constantly been balanced and changed get used to it man. If your a true spender like us your roster should be large enough to swap to the best team at any given moment.

GW wasn't fun it was grindy and was taking too much time for little reward especially if you were around our level 36- 39750 power... I love the change i try new teams all the time. Of course i would of preferred them to triple the rewards of the old one or add multiple tiers but this is still good for time verse reward.

I don't mean to be rude bro but it sounds like your upset the game isn't exactly your way. So your throwing a fit and saying no more money and i might even quit if i dont get my way.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mofojokers/
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    Options
    @Beege

Bro

As he said and my post after, you are already thinking of quiting so best to bro.

I've dropped over 10 grand on this game, hated the hard green hulk but feels good to have done it that way. So they changed it lol who cares it's good we did it the hard way a good achievement.

Games always will have things constantly been balanced and changed get used to it man. If your a true spender like us your roster should be large enough to swap to the best team at any given moment.

GW wasn't fun it was grindy and was taking too much time for little reward especially if you were around our level 36- 39750 power... I love the change i try new teams all the time. Of course i would of preferred them to triple the rewards of the old one or add multiple tiers but this is still good for time verse reward.

I don't mean to be rude bro but it sounds like your upset the game isn't exactly your way. So your throwing a fit and saying no more money and i might even quit if i dont get my way.

You say you are a whale, but what you type makes it seem that you are lying.
  • Options
    It is not that better toons are unfair to others. It is fair and just provided that everyone has the same ability to earn and acquire those toons. Some people will choose certain toons over others which is fine, that is the choice that they made. To make everyone else have to suffer because you decided to make poor in game choices is not their fault. Every character in the game has a use, just many people do not want to think about the team configuration needed. When I see an all droid team I use Ugunant guy and he stuns at least half of the enemy team, and with Eeth the droid team is destroyed in seconds. But such a team is not good against others. You have to know what the strengths and weaknesses of each character are and then use them to exploit the weaknesses of the enemy team. Too many people do not want to do this, and prefer a one team does all approach where they can just hit the auto button. Sadly this is not fun. Having different teams which their strengths and weaknesses is what makes it fun.
  • Options
    drdavee wrote: »
    @Beege

Bro

Too many class us as the same....

• Beege
    74 posts Member
    Options
    @Beege

Bro

Rekt....lol
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Igor08 wrote: »
    The endgame of all mobile games is incredibly boring. I'm sorry you paid money to get yourself there quicker.

This is pretty close to on the money. It's not like it's a bad choice to pay to get through it faster. But at the same time, you have to understand there is an end to the road. So, speeding through it, make the journey shorter: and this will be true of any game.

Roots of Consequence by Pat Metheny Group
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6KaUiqLZcs
    a great song to listen to, now that you have a little more time.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Beege wrote: »
    @Beege

Bro

Rekt....lol

:D
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

No you wouldn't. If you haven't spent money on the game to accelerate to the top for easy GW's and everything else, you would be welcoming these changes.

I'm completely F2P. I like the challenge of navigating the limited resource system. But things like GW being dubbed down is very welcome for the time saving that it offers. It's not like GW itself is really all that fun on your 1000's time through but it's necessary to keep progressing in the game.

I also don't mind characters being toned down as I much more prefer a strategic battle than one that's determined by who crits/dodges first. I guarantee you far more people would lose interest far quicker if such changes weren't constantly implemented.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    you dropped $10K on this game? Speechless...
  • Options
    da_council wrote: »
    you dropped $10K on this game? Speechless...

Alot of us do heck members in my guild make me look like an average spender. Then members of TI make me look like a small spender.