2Next

Replies

• Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Beege wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »
    @Beege

No it's not about sympathy. It's about putting in the work to accomplish things and others put in less work and accomplish the same things.

Yoda event took me 40 minutes but I beat it. The forums flooded with complaints it was too hard. The next day it was dumbed down. Had I know that I wouldn't have farm trash toons like Eeth Koth. That's a lot of time and resources I could have put into a far better toon that I would actually use.

I maxed out toons of toons like Dooku and Rey. Yet the forums still get flooded with those toons needing nerfs. Again why work on Dooku or Rey if this is the case?

I have a good enough roster to complete GWs everyday for months now. Recently it gets changed so easy that I can run it on auto and still have protection at the 10 node. I don't mind this change so much, but there is a pattern here I am noticing.

My point is that spending time or money on this game isn't worth it to me anymore. With the recent changes to those things I listed this isn't gonna be the end. This cycle will continue over and over until more people like me just get fed up and start saying what's on there mind.

I like this game and don't wanna quit but the way it's going and the changes being made...my time on this game is coming to end real quickly.

I would like to debate your points a bit if you don't mind.

1) I'm not sure how much money you spent so I won't completely call you out, but swiping a credit card for characters is not "work". All freemium games follow a similar model. Whales pay for the opportunity to be the "first" to try something out ie: yoda knowing that down the line it is going to be made available for the masses. While I do agree the yoda challenge was nerfed quickly it wasn't until the third event when this happened and on average there was a 4 week window between events. So in reality Yoda was available and difficult for 2 full months before it was dumbed down to allow for a greater penetration into the community. Unfortunately you struggled through yours right before the patch which would be frustrating, but is also coincidence.

2) The toons you have maxed out like Dooku and Rey have allowed you to gain an edge during this meta phase. As in any competitive game balancing and shifting of power must occur to continue to challenge players. Would you honestly be happy if Poe and the Speed meta was still in place or if Bariss was still a god? Having new goals and toons to farm is the whole point of this game. I just started working on ewoks for the raid and they are AMAZINGLY fun to play with!

3) Yes Galactic War is easy. However, GW is also THE primary way for F2P to gain currency (gw gems) and rank non-Chromium only toons. The problem was the skill gap between F2P and the Whales in their shards were expanding so rapidly that most players on the lower end of the spectrum could barely make it halfway through their daily GW thus furthering the gap in the servers. What I have started doing is using GW to test different squad setups to see how they can play off of each other (also, running ewoks with RG is hilariously fun, you should try it).

I think the problem you are running into is you feel that the money you have spent on the game is not providing you with the level of enjoyment you are wanting in return. However, if you stop spending cash to gain the advantage slow down and enjoy the daily grind, you may find more enjoyment in areas and toons you though were terrible because the didn't fit into the current hyper competitive arena meta. I'm by no means giving EA and CG a pass, but this isn't some revolutionary and devious road they are bring you along. It is literally they same model you will find in pretty much any freemium game model. Trust me I have been very active in the past in many of these types of games (Clash of Clans, Warframe, Smite, etc). I play a F2P with at most $80 over the lifetime of my game involvement per game and when it quits being fun I find something new (I recently have hung up my **** village for those exact reasons).

However, I will never fault a developer for trying to earn money to pay the employees that provide the content. And let's be honest, for a free mobile game this thing has a ton of content (quality is in the eye of the user).

I'm actually logging off for the day, but would like to gladly disscuss more tommorrow if possible. One quick comment you made about Poe and the speed meta. I remember that like it was yesterday. I'm from a December shard, and those teams gave me so much trouble lol. Those teams along w/dooku. Back then I only had the basic not too great characters. But I made it through it all. Researched which characters did what, and leveled up 24 7* characters. In the end, facing a speed meta team became a lot easier. With that said..it just seems like people on these forums are too quick to demand nerf nerf nerf, every time the go against a team that beats them. I could have easily done the same for the speed meta(that would have been the easier way to go) but instead I did what most gamers do. Progress. I just don't understand why those people who demand nerfs just don't accept the challenge that's before them and do what needs to be done instead of complain on the forums until they hopefully get their way with the devs. To me this is what is ruining every online game I've played. I'm not mad about the money I've spent. Im mad about the money I've spent is starting to seem like it was nothing but a waste.

Anyways good talk.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    da_council wrote: »
    you dropped $10K on this game? Speechless...

Alot of us do heck members in my guild make me look like an average spender. Then members of TI make me look like a small spender.

That's just insane! I can't ever imagine spending that much money on a little game like this that has zero monetary return value. At least when I spend stupid amount like that on Magic the Gathering cards I can resell them as well as enter events were I can win cash.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Beege
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    da_council wrote: »
    you dropped $10K on this game? Speechless...

Alot of us do heck members in my guild make me look like an average spender. Then members of TI make me look like a small spender.

That's just insane! I can't ever imagine spending that much money on a little game like this that has zero monetary return value. At least when I spend **** amount like that on Magic the Gathering cards I can resell them as well as enter events were I can win cash.

People's idea of "that much money" is so subjective. If Bill Gates wanted to unleash his inner nerd on a mobile platform, how much would $10,000 be to him? Always remember that because you deem a sum of money astronomical does not mean that it is...depends on the size of the coffers.

But I'm with you as a lowly middle class minion and that is insane lol!
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    As an $5 total spender (ewok elder pack)

I fully agree with the OP. This game is made for the 99%. The 1% be they better through money or skill will not be challnaged by this game. That has disappointed me. So now that my Meta team is done I'm farming fun teams. My Lando/phasma 'making it rain' team are providing me with enjoyment.

They are too powerful now for GW starting up an Ewok team. My meta team can go clean up the last two levels of GW.

I don't like the changes but I'm focusing now on game mechanics I like and farming them rather than trying to farm meta.

I did achieve something I didn't think was possible on a FReemium game which is compete with spenders on a PvP leaderboard. So that's fun. And this game deserves credit for PTP/FTP balance.

But give us a challange please. Impossible tiers which reward an extra 50k credits for all events:
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I did achieve something I didn't think was possible on a FReemium game which is compete with spenders on a PvP leaderboard. So that's fun. And this game deserves credit for PTP/FTP balance.

Yeah dude, totally hear that. I used to play a game called Military Masters by DeNA, it was pretty much a Super Battle Tactics clone. That game was a rich-kid-fest-mess. Being that we're already over 6 months in, I think it's awesome (as much as I can't stand it) that "free" heroes are still topping arena charts and beating me.

Someday, someday I'll hit #1. I also have a thread in feedback asking for higher challenge rewards. Be sure to share any ideas regarding challenges there also! https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/43521/can-we-get-level-80-challeneges-with-better-gear-drops#latest
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Never forget that without all the dumb free to play people, spenders would have barely anyone to be beating all the time. good luck finding a premium pvp game on mobile with enough players to actually have fun.

I also dislike the nerf calling but realise that CG are just about sensible (or just plain slow) enough to take a long time making decisions about character changes.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Don't think anyone said f2players being dumb. It's good to point out though, using an f2p model would seem to give you a far bigger player base off the get-go.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    drdavee wrote: »
    @Beege

No it's not about sympathy. It's about putting in the work to accomplish things and others put in less work and accomplish the same things.

Yoda event took me 40 minutes but I beat it. The forums flooded with complaints it was too hard. The next day it was dumbed down. Had I know that I wouldn't have farm trash toons like Eeth Koth. That's a lot of time and resources I could have put into a far better toon that I would actually use.

I maxed out toons of toons like Dooku and Rey. Yet the forums still get flooded with those toons needing nerfs. Again why work on Dooku or Rey if this is the case?

I have a good enough roster to complete GWs everyday for months now. Recently it gets changed so easy that I can run it on auto and still have protection at the 10 node. I don't mind this change so much, but there is a pattern here I am noticing.

My point is that spending time or money on this game isn't worth it to me anymore. With the recent changes to those things I listed this isn't gonna be the end. This cycle will continue over and over until more people like me just get fed up and start saying what's on there mind.

I like this game and don't wanna quit but the way it's going and the changes being made...my time on this game is coming to end real quickly.

Bro

As he said and my post after, you are already thinking of quiting so best to bro.

I've dropped over 10 grand on this game, hated the hard green hulk but feels good to have done it that way. So they changed it lol who cares it's good we did it the hard way a good achievement.

Games always will have things constantly been balanced and changed get used to it man. If your a true spender like us your roster should be large enough to swap to the best team at any given moment.

GW wasn't fun it was grindy and was taking too much time for little reward especially if you were around our level 36- 39750 power... I love the change i try new teams all the time. Of course i would of preferred them to triple the rewards of the old one or add multiple tiers but this is still good for time verse reward.

I don't mean to be rude bro but it sounds like your upset the game isn't exactly your way. So your throwing a fit and saying no more money and i might even quit if i dont get my way.

You say you are a whale, but what you type makes it seem that you are lying.

I thought there is no way you are a doctor with some earlier comments you made. Funny how that works.
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Options
    OguhDeias wrote: »
    Recent changes to the game have left me feeling..discouraged. I've spent a good amount of money and time maximizing my characters and roster to a certain level of potential that has allowed me to achieve basically endgame status. For the yoda event I leveled up more Jedi than I needed, farmed Baris like crazy(cause I read she makes it a lot easier). I defeated Jedi master Yoda after 40 minutes(and without the Baris equalization method I might add) only for the yoda event to be dumbed down the following day. Had I waited one more day I would have beat him without any effort and could have saved myself a lot of time and money instead I wasted more than I really wanted to farming those extra jedi that aren't good(Eeth Koth). But whatever.

I have upgraded a lot of characters gear into G9 and above to compete at the highest level. Then I come to the forums and see people wanting certain characters nerfed. I just don't understand this as I am able to beat any team I face w/o any problems. My guess is because their roster and gear isn't up to par. I don't know, but whatever.

I completed galactic wars easily everyday but recent changes have made it so easy that my main team still has protection bars at the 10 node. People say if you want a challenge run lower geared/leveled/stared characters. But why should I have to do that when the character I spent time and money on are funner and my favorite to play. But again..whatever.

All these decisions make me wonder if what I done was all worth it. Why should I bother maxing anymore characters when the content is constantly being dumbed down and changed. Online games change, I get that. But if I can complete everything w/o effort then from now on that is what I'm going to do.

So no more spending money on my part. I will continue to play this game until my login times become lesser and lesser, but I will no longer support a system designed to cater to the wants of the have~nots. I'm not trying to be egotistical. I'm not trying to be a **** to anyone. I understand everyone has their own opinions on how things should be done. But what I don't understand is how people like myself can get and beat everything they want by hard work and time, and others simply just want a free handout and everything giving to them easily. And maybe that's not how they really are or want they want, but to me that's what it surely feels like.

+1000 upvote

people just want everything now and without effort. plane and simple. i agree with you 100%

note: I am a mini dolphin (mostly F2P) and don´t want hand outs. I like and prefer games that are not easy.

Well said
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Requiring us to plan a month in advance, giving us inaccurate character sheets, then changing things every few weeks makes planning difficult.

I like challenges in my game play, not in my character advancement.
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @darkensoul

Dude, are you seriously trolling me???
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Um, I didnt want to flex my peen, I wanted to collect all the dudes.

BTW you cant flex that body part, its not a muscle.

Technically it is. Similar to the heart.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Change is inevitable. Any system that does not change will perish from entropy.

Seriously, you have 2 choices in this game: Chase the current meta, or try to get ahead of the meta (aka "doing your own thing"). In reality, I think 99.9999% of players do some combination of the two.

If you chase the meta, you're going to be disappointed if it doesn't pay off because the meta changes (usually due to a developer change, though not always). However, you will be (relatively) happy if your strategy pans out because the meta doesn't change before you reap your rewards.

If you do your own thing, you're going to be disappointed if it doesn't pay off because the meta never changes, or because your strategy of farming Nightsister Acolyte, Coruscant Underworld Police, and Dathcha was truly terrible. However, you will be (relatively) happy if your strategy of farming scoundrels pans out because now you're one of the only ones who has a bunch of scoundrels built up, or whatever strategy you employed ends up ahead of the meta such that you are the only one with those characters built up.

One other note, disappointment is almost always guaranteed, since you will always want more and never be satisfied until you are on top, despite the fact that only a few can actually BE on top.

Choosing a strategy to employ is part of the game. Once you accept that inevitable changes are often random and/or unannounced, you can finally free yourself from constantly blaming the developers for your own failed strategy. Especially if you accept that you're probably never going to have everything you want, and that success can be measured in other ways.

As it is with life.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »

Um, no, it isnt. There are zero muscles in your love muscle. Period.
  • Options
    Aniema, you are absolutely right.
    I don't feel the same way as you, since it did not happen to me, but I strongly agree that it's really unfair to spend time (or money) on a toon just to be nerfed because people are complaining . If it is ruining the game due to imbalance, maybe it has to be fixed, but just because of people whining? Definitely not.

Sorry you feel that way. The game is great and is a shame if you are disappointed and want to leave (people should be a little more simpatetic to that).

We need to know that we will not spend months farming, diverting resources to form that particular squad it this effort would not be lost. It doesn't matter if you paid or not. It's a merit system, you got them, you keep them, you use them. That's it.
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »

Um, no, it isnt. There are zero muscles in your love muscle. Period.

"The human **** is made up of three types of tissue. It has two corpora cavernosa (special pieces of muscle)"

Lol, BTW, don't look up P on wikipedia at work.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet