It time to discuss RG is ruling/ruining the Arena?

1235Next

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Igor08 wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »
    @Igor08 Hello? Is this Igor? Wait a few months and see how Leia will tie Rey to be in all teams? Hello? Most of the players are f2p and the characters are hard to gear and people been having QGJ for a long time so they decided to stick with him? Hello? If Sun Fac was f2p he will take QGJ's place? Hello? Just because a toon is used most often doesn't mean it can't be beaten? Hello? Get your team over 32.5k power, (that's what vincentlondon your buddy crier) has and stop the cries? Ok?
    I... I don't even know what you're trying to say here man. Is english a second language? I am seriously confused. Who is vincentlondon? What are you so mad about to post such an incoherent rant?

Hello kettle you are black.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Igor08 So i am probably wasting my breath but i will try to explain it to you, in english, as best as i can.

If they ever nerf Rey, Leia will take her place and you will see her in every team instead of Rey. Of course the 'nerf Leia she is everywhere' threads will emerge. Say she gets nerfed, then GS/IG-86 will take her place and you will see them in every team. Nerf those again? It's people's nature to use the best team! Everybody wants to be OP! Or at least their perception of what is 'the best'.

If i replace RG with Han, QGJ with Sun Fac and Rey with Leia what would happen? I will tell you...i will beat every team on every shard and probably have a much better defensive team than the trio you are always complaining about, QGJ/Rey/RG.

The only reason a nerf call is warranted is if you need that same person to win the game! Which was the case of Poe! That was the only warranted nerf this game has ever seen so far.

You understand any of this, am i getting through to you at all? You can't call for nerfs just because you see a toon everywhere or because your team is undergeared and can't handle Rey, that's not how it works! Wake up!
  • MayCM
    124 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Kabbes wrote: »
    RG-Rey-QGJ is incredibly easy to beat. It is no better on defence than any other decent team

Hello? Hello is this Kabbes? Yes, this is reality calling. We have some statistics for you, if you're willing to accept the charges.

33nys85.png

It's funny that people actually believe this is real data. It is not. No explanation needed. (If you need one, I feel sorry for you)
  • Talia
    180 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This a real thorn! Each time he pops up on the stage as if on skis and reset all your work until you finally kill him (if kill). Perhaps this is one of the cases where a par with pity you feel shadenfreude, killing RG (another case - Dooku and Ray lol). And if he is paired with another taunt tank, it turns into hundred-year war.
    You strategy become forced, you don't think about the beauty of your tactics, you think about how great it would it be to have a very huge gun! And if you leave his health and protection as is, it would be more logical if his auto taunt was used only for the imperials, the more so because they were created to protect Palpatine. While for others it would work like a regular taunt.
    I say all this not because I'm complaining, it's just my perception. I think that no matter how low you can fall in the arena, most importantly, how much you are able to rise. Because when you leave the arena, leaving behind a team with certain toons, you can no longer affect its fate, there will always be players whose teams and strategy will be able to compete with AI that control it. And if you set a goal to take the 1st place, do it, and check that you are not thrown out. So good luck guys.
    Post edited by Talia on
  • Options
    @Igor08 So i am probably wasting my breath but i will try to explain it to you, in english, as best as i can.

If they ever nerf Rey, Leia will take her place and you will see her in every team instead of Rey. Of course the 'nerf Leia she is everywhere' threads will emerge. Say she gets nerfed, then GS/IG-86 will take her place and you will see them in every team. Nerf those again? It's people's nature to use the best team! Everybody wants to be OP! Or at least their perception of what is 'the best'.

If i replace RG with Han, QGJ with Sun Fac and Rey with Leia what would happen? I will tell you...i will beat every team on every shard and probably have a much better defensive team than the trio you are always complaining about, QGJ/Rey/RG.

The only reason a nerf call is warranted is if you need that same person to win the game! Which was the case of Poe! That was the only warranted nerf this game has ever seen so far.

You understand any of this, am i getting through to you at all? You can't call for nerfs just because you see a toon everywhere or because your team is undergeared and can't handle Rey, that's not how it works! Wake up!

Nerfs don't automatically make a character unusable in the arena. What they need to do is make multiple characters of all types essentially on par with each other. Right now we don't have that. It is possible to nerf Rey and Leia and still see them being used instead of GS/IG-86. Same goes with RG. There are ways to make multiple taunters on the same level as each other. RG needs a nerf. Not a big one, but just enough to make him on par with STH and maybe buff Poe a little to make him on par as well. That way there would be 3 viable taunts for people to choose from rather than one. If you want an example of how it can be done well, look at leaders. Currently Dooku, Old Ben, Phasma and a few others are all seeing use. There isn't that variety in taunts. Attackers isn't much better. Just Rey getting used. Small nerfs can go a long way to increasing diversity in teams. Buffs are generally better but in this case RG needs to be taken down a notch
  • Options
    MayCM wrote: »
    Kabbes wrote: »
    RG-Rey-QGJ is incredibly easy to beat. It is no better on defence than any other decent team

Hello? Hello is this Kabbes? Yes, this is reality calling. We have some statistics for you, if you're willing to accept the charges.

33nys85.png

It's funny that people actually believe this is real data. It is not. No explanation needed. (If you need one, I feel sorry for you)

This is data. It might not be the most accurate thing in the world but data is data. It's sample size is moderate so it can't be all that far off either. I understand that it doesn't represent everyone but it is something. I doubt you can show me anything more accurate.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @cameronaitken56 Sth is a much better tank than rg. Not against droids of course, because those are op. But overall, there isn't a better tank than Han least for offense. Defense, i guess rg is better.
  • Options
    Droids maybe the developers answer to this topic. Especially with my JE. But dual taunts plus Rey and Leia hurts. I survived once because the AI ignores JE. The second time not so lucky. This team is now becoming common. Different leaders. Ben one time. Phasma another.
  • Options
    Thank to all the trolls who thought it would be awesome to tell me who I should just substitute in, but if you read my posts, I am not complaining about my team, or how bad you perceive it to be. I am talking about the RG and his abuse in the Arena.

As Stated: I have no problems beating RG, or moving up. I have experimented using both Ben and Phasma as leader with the same results.

RG isn't just part of the Meta, he IS the meta. I went though my server yesterday, and from 1-80, only 7 teams didn't have RG. <span style="color:#FF0000;">That's over 90%</span>

Everyone one of those teams is using RG for 1 reason only. Defense. First of all, RG does make beating an opponent annoying and sometimes can screw you with a timely Stun or taunt. But nobody is using RG because his offense is great. He is used to hold place so you don't have to battle up as far. Teams without RG will be auto-targeted because against they AI if your team is good you can probably mow down anyone. Not having to face RG is easy. You can almost auto those matches.

So yeah, if you aren't running RG, you are getting targeted hard by everyone.

So if you want to have any chance of hold positions you need to have RG in there. So the arena has turned from a 5 man team into a 4 man team plus RG for defense.

His overuse and overall ruling the arena needs to be addressed. When maybe 50% of people have a toon, that's part of the meta. When 90% plus have a toon that's different.

Also of those teams in the top ranks that don't have RG, they are running many premium chars. I am not F2P, but I also don't have the funds to max out all premuim chars. So unless you are a Whale with Sun Fac and all those fun toons you are running RG. The Arena need diversity, and the fact that EVERYONE has RG has broken the arena.
  • Options
    I run HK, 86, 88, B2, and JE. I target ERG teams, unless they include omega basic Daka. It's the threat of a triple stun that is going to scare attackers away in the future. His taunt is getting less relevant.
  • Drlolum
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Yeahh I think Arena now is boring. All battles are against the same team compositions, so you win the battles you play you loose the battles AI plays. Boringggggggg
    May the Chromiun packs be with you
  • Options
    I use RG for offense regularly. His stun is very useful. All those teams running Rey's and QGJ's...RG can lock either down. But my fav is to face a STHan team and lock Han down and destroy his crew at leisure.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options

This is the fiction you tell yourself to parry the faults of your weak squad. I am not running RG, and am not getting targeted hard by everyone. I rarely lose more than 15-20 spots overnight; sometimes I lose no spots at all.

Cling to Lumi and Kylo as you will, but know that doing so and blaming RG for your problems isn't going to find a lot of sympathy.
  • Options
    @cameronaitken56 Sth is a much better tank than rg. Not against droids of course, because those are op. But overall, there isn't a better tank than Han least for offense. Defense, i guess rg is better.

If you have any way to dispel STH is easy to deal with. RG on the other hand will taunt again pretty much as soon as you dispel. On certain teams STH can be more effective but generally RG is better in almost all scenarios.
  • Options
    ZarLatho wrote: »

This is the fiction you tell yourself to parry the faults of your weak squad. I am not running RG, and am not getting targeted hard by everyone. I rarely lose more than 15-20 spots overnight; sometimes I lose no spots at all.

Cling to Lumi and Kylo as you will, but know that doing so and blaming RG for your problems isn't going to find a lot of sympathy.

@ZarLatho Seriosuly you are missing the entire point. I am working on my team, and I am doing just fine. The entire point is about the overuse of RG and the effect it is having on the Arena. On my server, I watch the same guys targeting the same guys everyday, and they all avoid the RG teams. I target the highest ranked team even if they have a RG. I am not complaining about my status, I am only reflecting on what I am seeing. RG is a problem.
  • Talia
    180 posts Member
    Options
    We have make good publicity, more and more RG in the arena lol.
  • Options
    @BradGoodyear, if you want to say RG is boring as **** I will heartily agree. I'm disputing the claim you've made at least twice that you need RG to avoid being targeted in arena. You don't, you just need your own kind of strong or scary team.

Come to think of it, I bet people are so used to beating the current meta that almost any non-meta team is an unappealing foe to most.
  • Options
    You got a problem because RG is not 7 star on your roster?

Giving you pearls here....

Level RG.

You are welcome.

I disagree on the threesome being the best. The two hardest teams to me are Teebo led or HK led. Rotating damage is horrible unless you are an AoE team....HK teams get 9 attacks before you start. They are true endgame. Your threesome is nice but truly not necessary....just happens to be easily farmable minus RG
  • Options
    ZarLatho wrote: »
    @BradGoodyear, if you want to say RG is boring as **** I will heartily agree. I'm disputing the claim you've made at least twice that you need RG to avoid being targeted in arena. You don't, you just need your own kind of strong or scary team.

Come to think of it, I bet people are so used to beating the current meta that almost any non-meta team is an unappealing foe to most.

Well here's the thing. If I level RG and I am at 35K. Nobody that is power 29 or 30K is ever going to target me. However without RG I see it all the time. 5K in arena power is a lot, and should be fear enough.

The problem is that you can't auto against a RG team like you can others because of the AI. But RG is a cumbersome, yet very beatable opponent. I know I target ANY team that doesn't have RG when they pop up because of 2 things. 1) Easy win, regardless of power, 2) I don't even have to worry about RG.
    You got a problem because RG is not 7 star on your roster?
    Giving you pearls here....
    Level RG.
    You are welcome.
    I disagree on the threesome being the best. The two hardest teams to me are Teebo led or HK led. Rotating damage is horrible unless you are an AoE team....HK teams get 9 attacks before you start. They are true endgame. Your threesome is nice but truly not necessary....just happens to be easily farmable minus RG

I am leveling RG, thank you captain obvious.

But the point here is that you have to have RG for defense in the Arena right now. It's a fact.

HK teams are a joke. My team easily survices the first wave, after that the droids are super squishy.
    I haven't seen many Teebo teams, but unless they are all ewok, it wouldn't scare me either.
    In fact to be honest the only teams I try to avoid are ones with both RG and STH because even if I run QGJ it's not easy to deal with 2 taunters. Don't get me wrong, it's beatable, but not worth the hassle.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    If your team survives the first wave, then you are not facing a maxed droid team.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, there is something wrong when arena teams are flooded with RG. He is so good because you cannot focus on the toons you want to take out first because of his taunt. His taunt is perfect for AI defence of your team's position in arena, because he doesn't randomly use it, it is an automatic and strategic defence, allowing heavy hitting toons a chance to decimate your team.

Since RG has become the be all and end all of arena, I now find my rank has dropped significantly from under 50 to early 200s!

I have many high powered toons that just can't hold the position, because I do not have RG up to max and therefore do not use him on my team.

I also agree that nerfing toons that people have worked hard to get is also wrong and upsets people greatly.

The only thing I can suggest is use toons like Mace Windu or QGJ to take away the RG's ability to taunt.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    The only thing I can suggest is use toons like Mace Windu or QGJ to take away the RG's ability to taunt.

75% already use QGJ. But when everyone uses the same toon for defense and the same toon to combat him on offense, Doesn't it seem that that toon is overtaking the entire thing?

I think it's safe to say that if RG became obsolete, that QGJ ownership would drop drastically.
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    Options
    Over the past 2 weeks, I have been watching the arena on my server, and RG determines your position in the Arena.

If you don't have RG you will be targeted Heavily. I mean Heavily. I am dropping almost 100-150 spots every night. I am 34K power. I have been watching the teams that beat me and their power is usually 29-31K. I am getting targeted by lesser teams simply because I don't have RG.

I also know that I almost exclusively target teams without RG for several reasons. 1) I never run out of time, and I can always win, no matter the team makeup. I can target a team powered at 36K and have no issue winning, but because I am targeted so hard, I have a very easy path to jump up 5 times beating 30-31K teams beacause I drop so far.

Upon looking. The teams with RG never drop far because nobody targets them. So now with RG now being the anti-target toon it's time to discuss how he needs changed.

Before we get a bunch of "you need to farm RG" posts, I have RG at 5 stars and I could jump him up. That isn't the point. The point is that he is completely controlling the Arena and there is almost no mix of lineups.

Every team is
    Dooku/Old Ben/Phasma
    RG(90%)/STH(10%)
    QGJ
    2 of Rey/GS/Liea

Sure there is a random Droid or Clone team floating around, but the vast majority of the teams have the same build and RG is at the center of not being targeted.

There's almost 100 chars in this game and everyone is running the same 5-7 chars. If RG wasn't so amazing at keeping from being targeted, and making teams not need a healer, there could be more variety.

But having RG as a necessity to be successful in the Arena is putting too much on one char and it needs to change.

Rg's protection is just insane but now rey is an easy farm rg will dominate