It time to discuss RG is ruling/ruining the Arena?

Replies

• SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi max out is very useful in Arena, she hits hard and has healing ability.
    SodenBowl.com
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    Boring Guard?

i sometimes wonder if it's an inside joke with the Devs to have taken the most bland, one-dimensional toon in the game and make him the meta.

sometimes.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I love targeting royal guard teams especially with Han Solo!!

Sick of the lingering above-mentioned meta so... Took matters into my own hands... Just say no to RG.

Loving any leader (Ben/dooku/phasma) with B2, sun fac, Leia and Rey. This arena team is really fun to play right now. I highly recommend it against the current environment in arena.
  • Options
    Ok here is the deal. If you nerf "X" popular character then "Y" becomes popular. If you subsequently nerf "Y" then "Z" becomes popular or maybe "X" comes back. That is the way of things. Nerf or a buff just redistributes the popular characters (meta). This is why nerfing is dumb. Also releasing a new character also redistributes the popular characters (meta). If you dont like being targeted for not having RG then just wait a few months and a new char will be the top tank or people will stop running tanks or something else will change the meta. Case in point, at 70 cap, Poe was the top tank. All the top teams had him. Things changed and now you rarely see a Poe.

Now, if you want to stop dropping so many spots then: a) change your team so that it appears stronger (replace Lumi and Kylo and only use Obi if hes lead and maybe get a taunter) b) get in to the top 20. you drop less spots the lower you get. I found that I would drop 200-300 spots while I was in the top 500 and now that I finish in the top 10-20 I never drop below 50, usually not below 40.

TLDR; nerfing only redistributes the meta and therefore does nothing. change your line up. push to get better rank where you will drop less.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Igor08 wrote: »
    9r33d0 wrote: »
    Um, no. Sun fac, is galatial. And far from "insane". I melt the 1, on my shards, face every day. It's maxed.

Nope sorry, can't believe you just "melt" through 30k protection and 25k hp, plus his 299 armour, which is top 5 in the game. Especially not if he's paired with RG.

You can believe what you want, i have a gear 10 Sun Fac in my shard and i can beat that team. Characters like gear 10 CT5s, RG and Sun Fac is what Rey is made for. Sure you won't stand a chance in defense against those, but you can actually win in offense.

And regarding your previous post, why on earth would people use QGJ in arena if there weren't any tanks? For the offense up? No thanks, i would rather use IG-86 or FOTP instead for the added extra-damage. QGJ is present in arena because of the fact that tanks exist, not the other way around. Sun Fac has taunt and counter so i could understand why he would be used even when facing teams with no tanks. Actually i forgot that he is a tank himself lol...he really has many uses i was only thinking of his auto dispel only.
  • Deist
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Don't agree completely. With Sun fac, QGJ, plo Koon or teebo RGs taunt can be easily dispelled
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    RG should not be a problem. I meet teams with Han(G9+) and RG in team with Rey. The strategy can be strike Rey at once for call RG taunt. Next strike RG only as soon as Han taunt can be removed by QGJ.
    More interesting is if the leader is CD or Old Ben. This way the best is focusing on Han from the begining and kill him before he taunt. If you will not be enough quick, RG's taunt will help. It will work if you have RG too and your team has good gear. Else Rey without a control will kill your team.
  • Options
    Well then. The obvious solution is to nerf RG.
    BTW, please post your roster here, so everyone else can chime in on nerfing your lead toons.
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Options
    I use RG in my arena team and he does give my predominately droid team some survivability whilst the droids hit hard. I don't avoid teams with him (maybe 25%) as my AoE normally allows me to finish off a character after RG taunts. My usual concerns are of course the counter attacking Dooku who I just leave for last when I am in control or the taunt stopping Qui Gon who I hit hard and fast.
    All about strategy based on yours and your enemies teams.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    Posts like this makes RG even stronger. People are reading the whinning about RG and that he needs a nerf and stop fighting teams with RG, searching for teams without RG because they are easier to beat. And that are exactly the teams of the person who are whinning because they don't have a leveled RG.

I fought a lot of teams with RG and they were all beatable and I fought a lot of teams without RG and they weren't worse than a RG team.

You can have a good team with RG and have a good team without RG.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    moemoney wrote: »
    If you are dropping 100-150 spots overnight, there are other issues with your squad.

I am running 34K
    Phasma G10
    Old Ben G9
    Kylo G9
    Lumi G9
    QGJ G8.

Problems: You have them.

1. Ben in squad and not as leader. Next to useless. No one will attack him till last. His mind trick is not worth the spot alone.

2. Lumi in squad. A great toon in GW and the other game modes. In arena? Ain't nobody got time for heals.

3. Soft Qui-Gon. QGJ is a great toon but G8 and below he is pretty squishable. Especially given problem number...

4. No taunt at all. This leaves your squishy Jedi vulnerable and your Phasma and Ben all alone by turn 3 or 4 at the latest. Because I promise you QGJ dies first. Then Lumi. Kylo gets ignored because he'll have retribution up those first couple turns. By the time the two Jedi are down so is his retribution. He gets burned down next. Using normal attacks mostly because Ben has mind tricked. Then Phasma gets it. Then Ben. Match is 6 turns maybe 7 tops depending on rng and Ben evasion when he's the last one standing.

These are the reasons you drop a lot. There are many potential things you can do to improve your sticking power without resorting to RG if you don't want to.

Consider your squads potential strengths. Build those up. Phasma is a great leader toon. I used her myself for a long time. But she is even better with the right kind of support.

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    dough wrote: »
    Boring Guard?

i sometimes wonder if it's an inside joke with the Devs to have taken the most bland, one-dimensional toon in the game and make him the meta.

sometimes.

You mean the secret service to the freaking Emperor?
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Options
    RG needs some balancing. Most people would play two.
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Options
    RG isn't really that scary. Most of the people on my server use him and all you really need is qui gon. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in the top 10 who don't use him, but then again they mostly use Phasma or Ben leads, and I use dooku. Oh well.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Detaunters are a necessary part of my bench for ST Han. RG is a pain bc of his health and stun, but I am hardly ever praying for a detaunt to land on RG. (Ben and Han get that award; plz plz plz land!). Half the time I am wasting HB before RG even taunts, because offense up helps to wipe Rey before RG can taunt. And I am going to chop that RG tree down, next, anyway.

That said, I have time to hack away at RG, bc I have RG. I also have Han, but i can only use him with Ben Lead.
  • Options
    RG was a crap toon and they reworked him...so why would they redo him again when they have so many others that need to be fixed.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Um, no. Sun fac, is galatial. And far from "insane". I melt the 1, on my shards, face every day. It's maxed.

Nope sorry, can't believe you just "melt" through 30k protection and 25k hp, plus his 299 armour, which is top 5 in the game. Especially not if he's paired with RG.

You can believe what you want, i have a gear 10 Sun Fac in my shard and i can beat that team. Characters like gear 10 CT5s, RG and Sun Fac is what Rey is made for.

Exactly. Good luck defeating those teams without powerful burst dps like leia and rey
  • Options
    Don't nerf him- without him any chance of an Empire team would disappear.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Op...If u started playing two weeks ago, yeah.

If u were here in March, this was the norm since the protection update. That discussion took place months ago.
  • Options
    If you are dropping 100-150 spots overnight, there are other issues with your squad.

I am running 34K
    Phasma G10
    Old Ben G9
    Kylo G9
    Lumi G9
    QGJ G8

I have experimented extensively over the last 2 weeks. There is no difference in running Phasma or Ben as leader I am getting the same results. I am working on a few other characters to replace in the future, but I can beat just about any team I face, I simply face the non RG teams because they require almost no effort to beat. RG teams mean I have to work to win and sometimes it doesn't matter.

I know someone said they drop 20 spots a night with a RG. Yeah, that is expected. Everyone will still get targeted some.

IMHO You don't get targeted just because you don't have RG, You get targeted because you lack a taunt and DPS.

Old Ben does not make sense if not lead, Lumi and Kylo is beyond dead in arena. That would mean 3 useless toons on defense. That is a free rank up to others. Your team screams of getting attacked!

Use a taunt! If you hate RG go for STHan or Sun Fac through shipment. Add in DPS from Rey/GS/Leia.
    829-416-931
  • Options

I run SF and RG under a dooku lead w qgj and rey (all 7*, g9-10, 36.5k power) and i drop 20+ ranks overnight! AI still handles SF wrong (after a supposed fix) and at least on offense mine gets stunned a freaking lot! I am the only one on my shard running him.
    There was another one, but that player dropped him i guess
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    I run SF and RG under a dooku lead w qgj and rey (all 7*, g9-10, 36.5k power) and i drop 20+ ranks overnight! AI still handles SF wrong (after a supposed fix) and at least on offense mine gets stunned a freaking lot!

Switch out Dooku for Old Ben and you'll be unbeatable man. AI's handling of FunSac shouldn't be much of an issue - it has to dispell whoever is taunting. That's all you need.
  • Options
    Is not only rg but rg rey qgj
  • Options
    I run SF and RG under a dooku lead w qgj and rey (all 7*, g9-10, 36.5k power) and i drop 20+ ranks overnight! AI still handles SF wrong (after a supposed fix) and at least on offense mine gets stunned a freaking lot!

Switch out Dooku for Old Ben and you'll be unbeatable man. AI's handling of FunSac shouldn't be much of an issue - it has to dispell whoever is taunting. That's all you need.

The point i am trying to make is: SF is NOT the ultimate weapon
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I am running 34K
    Phasma G10
    Old Ben G9
    Kylo G9
    Lumi G9
    QGJ G8

I have experimented extensively over the last 2 weeks. There is no difference in running Phasma or Ben as leader I am getting the same results. I am working on a few other characters to replace in the future, but I can beat just about any team I face, I simply face the non RG teams because they require almost no effort to beat. RG teams mean I have to work to win and sometimes it doesn't matter.

I know someone said they drop 20 spots a night with a RG. Yeah, that is expected. Everyone will still get targeted some.

You're not dropping because you don't run RG. You're getting targeted because you have Kylo and Lumi. Either one puts a target on your back. People perceive Kylo as weak and easy to kill so they target him. Healing is useless in high level arena and people will target teams with Lumi in it.

Edit: To clarify why I pointed out why you're getting targeted; it's because you are using faulty logic when making the claim RG needs reworked because people target teams with RG. Certain teams are targeted more and it's not because those teams do or do not have RG. RG is rarely ever a deciding factor.

There are very few, if any teams I stay away from anymore and RG is never the reason why.
    Post edited by sying on
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    Sun Fac is the most ridiculous toon in the game, so it's pointless calling for a nerf of any other toon while he exists in present form.

Have to admit I previously didn't see what the fuss was about as I'd never encountered one. But now that I have, holy ****. I unloaded on him with maxed FOTP and maxed Leia and didn't even scratch him. He's the ultimate pay2win toon and a big sloppy kiss from the devs to the whales.

Meh. There's three players in my top ten that run Sun Fac. If you don't deal with him properly your match won't go as well as you'd like. He can be a game changer at times but I haven't had too much trouble.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Is not only rg but rg rey qgj

Eeek there's 2 of them now!!! Run!
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Kabbes wrote: »
    RG-Rey-QGJ is incredibly easy to beat. It is no better on defence than any other decent team

Hello? Hello is this Kabbes? Yes, this is reality calling. We have some statistics for you, if you're willing to accept the charges.

33nys85.png

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Igor08 Hello? Is this Igor? Wait a few months and see how Leia will tie Rey to be in all teams? Hello? Most of the players are f2p and the characters are hard to gear and people been having QGJ for a long time so they decided to stick with him? Hello? If Sun Fac was f2p he will take QGJ's place? Hello? Just because a toon is used most often doesn't mean it can't be beaten? Hello? Get your team over 32.5k power, (that's what vincentlondon your buddy crier) has and stop the cries? Ok?
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    @Igor08 Hello? Is this Igor? Wait a few months and see how Leia will tie Rey to be in all teams? Hello? Most of the players are f2p and the characters are hard to gear and people been having QGJ for a long time so they decided to stick with him? Hello? If Sun Fac was f2p he will take QGJ's place? Hello? Just because a toon is used most often doesn't mean it can't be beaten? Hello? Get your team over 32.5k power, (that's what vincentlondon your buddy crier) has and stop the cries? Ok?
    I... I don't even know what you're trying to say here man. Is english a second language? I am seriously confused. Who is vincentlondon? What are you so mad about to post such an incoherent rant?