6 and 7 Star Darth Vader

Replies

• Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    We have decided to not ban these players, but will be taking additional action in the near future with these accounts.
    As a temporary solution, all 6 and 7 star Darth Vader characters will be lowered in power for all players so that they are the same as a 5 star version. So if you come across a 6 or 7 star Darth Vader in Arena or Galactic War, know that they only have the stats of a 5 star version. Once we are able to take the addition action referenced above, we will back out this temporary change to the 6 and 7 star versions of Vader.

For now, we are doing what I mentioned above. This is not the final action being done.

@Qeltar
    This is what Jesse said as well. They didnt ban the players at that time it gave no guarantee for the future.
  • Options
    d3gauss wrote: »
    Innovator wrote: »
    Artas wrote: »
    Greetings Heroes,
    We have decided to not ban these players, but will be taking additional action in the near future with these accounts.

@EA_Jesse
    We felt grateful for your above kindness which informed us there would be another punishment besides BAN, so that we stopped exploiting Vader immediately and continued to spend substantial money, time and energy into this game by rules.

However, today all of us suffer BAN unexpectedly which is distinctly inconsistent with your above promise!

This kind of banning accounts deed doubtless belongs to CHEATING CONSUMERS and COMMERCIAL FRAUD!!!

Because your above promise deceived us seriously and our losses virtually cannot be measured by money.

Furthermore, this nasty deed is truly undermining the REPUTATION plus HONESTY of EA !!!

The cheater is explaining what is cheating :)

We have showed out the corresponding proof to jusitify, but where is your evidence to deny becides your vicious voice?

Stop using google translate lmao
    Greetings Heroes,

@EA_Jesse
    We felt grateful for your above kindness which informed us there would be another punishment besides BAN, so that we stopped exploiting Vader immediately and continued to spend substantial money, time and energy into this game by rules.

However, today all of us suffer BAN unexpectedly which is distinctly inconsistent with your above promise!

This kind of banning accounts deed doubtless belongs to CHEATING CONSUMERS and COMMERCIAL FRAUD!!!

Because your above promise deceived us seriously and our losses virtually cannot be measured by money.

Furthermore, this nasty deed is truly undermining the REPUTATION plus HONESTY of EA !!!

We have showed out the corresponding proof to jusitify, but where is your evidence to deny becides your vicious voice?

Your English is also ridiculous in my eyes, which cause me suspect you have never been eduacated!

You're trying way to hard. It's ok if you're not a native english speaker, but trying to use fancy words actually makes your message unreadable.

Sorry, what I read daily is the global prominent periodical of The Economist, which is said that even the English-speaking guys have obstruction to read, your reaction perfectly prove that. :D

Your poor literacy can be understanding but it is you at first that provoke the hostility between different language players!

The Economist is weekly.

You are astonishing me saying the word of periodical without weekly definition. I can't believe my Oxford Dictionary has this error.

Because you seem to be slow, I was stating that the economist is weekly...thus if you read it daily you are an incredibly slow reader.

:p I can imagine it takes some time if you have to read it while using your Oxford dictionary every sentence.
  • Options
    Greetings Heroes,

@EA_Jesse

Greetings Heroes,

@EA_Jesse

Your English is also ridiculous in my eyes, which cause me suspect you have never been eduacated!

You're trying way to hard. It's ok if you're not a native english speaker, but trying to use fancy words actually makes your message unreadable.

Sorry, what I read daily is the global prominent periodical of The Economist, which is said that even the English-speaking guys have obstruction to read, your reaction perfectly prove that. :D

Your poor literacy can be understanding but it is you at first that provoke the hostility between different language players!

There you go again... Why boast with reading some newspaper? Not really impressive.
    And when you're accusing someone of not being educated please do so with correct grammar.

My problem was with this sentence:
    "We have showed out the corresponding proof to jusitify, but where is your evidence to deny becides your vicious voice?"

The message clearly stated additional action will be taken. Well a ban sounds like additional action to me.
    Good luck with that.

I would be grateful if you can kindly point out my incorrect grammar.Because the English ability is crucial for my academic career.
  • Options
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    Does anyone have correspondence from EA / CG stating that there would be no ban at all? I recall a staff member stating (Jessie I think) no one would be banned at that time but further action may happen.

That definitely says a ban, perm or temp could happen in the future. Or anything else like removal of all things won with Vader a part of, if that was logged of course.

I'm no fan of EA but I think this was appropriate, if anyone legitimately earned Vader, just contact support letting them know of your circumstances.

How to understand that words is the subjective , but that ambiguous announcement causing our substantial losses has become the objective.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Greetings Heroes,

@EA_Jesse

Greetings Heroes,

@EA_Jesse

The Economist is weekly.

You are astonishing me saying the word of periodical without weekly definition. I can't believe my Oxford Dictionary has this error.

Because you seem to be slow, I was stating that the economist is weekly...thus if you read it daily you are an incredibly slow reader.

:p I can imagine it takes some time if you have to read it while using your Oxford dictionary every sentence.

:hushed::p
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    People exploited. Got caught. Are being punished. That's so hard to understand?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar
    This is what Jesse said as well. They didnt ban the players at that time it gave no guarantee for the future.
    It sounded to me like the decision was not to ban but to take some other action. I may have misread it.
    At any rate, I won't shed too many tears for these folks. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Amen! I wonder if it will be ok to shard up Vader from now and on, and even if there will be new achievements. The shard shop looks REALLY slow for a viable alternative.

Btw I wish to start a petition, make Innovator a forum admin. I have fallen in insane affection with his innovative eloquence that refuses to follow stale roads of banal phrasings!

In other words, I'm happy you got banned mate. Bite the dust.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    @Qeltar
    It sounded to me like the decision was not to ban but to take some other action. I may have misread it.
    At any rate, I won't shed too many tears for these folks. :)

Yeah at first I thought the same. I just really like the idea of all these exploiters getting banned. Ah well if they lift the ban I hope they place them all in the cheater server.
  • Options
    Looks like the "The lure of the dark side was too strong!" <3
  • Options
    I for one am really happy they got banned. Makes me feel reassured I won't be dropping money in an unfair game when something cool pops up in the store.
  • Options
    Greetings Heroes,

@EA_Jesse

Greetings Heroes,

@EA_Jesse

The Economist is weekly.

You are misunderstangding, I read those for trainning my English reading ability instead of acquiring its news, so I browse those of every past week, every past month and even every past year's columns.
  • Options
    I just can't believe my eyes. Cheaters are trying to justify their actions and blame Jesse... Ridiculous.

You knew what you were doing, you did it on purpose. And now you're coming here and accusing the devs for punishing your doings.

Your ban from the game is a correct one, well deserved; this kind of action will make the rest of the community who play the game in a honest way feel safe, period.

And stop with the non-sense babbling of accusing people with this "if you were also aware of that exploit, you would use it too" What kind of loser defence mechanism is this, seriously? No, I was aware of the exploit and I chose to report it to the devs to stop people like you to get the benefit of it. Don't talk on our behalf again.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Options
    Hey grammar guys... Get a room. Facebook each other or something. I'm trying to watch this banned cheater stuff and you're in the way.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Jek_Face wrote: »
    So some of you are saying that taking advantage of an exploit is cheating and a ban-able offense. The retreat option in the old GW was taking advantage of an exploit. How is that any different? Hello, Kettle? This is the Pot.

The retreat option was a game option. It was being more powerful than expected and this was changed. Has nothing in common with this exploit. Maybe force-close could be comparable, and just maybe

It has been clearly communicated that the behavior of force-close was the intended way. Keep doing witch hunting.

I feel sorry for those that used Allies to upgrade Vader. Each and every step they made was legal and an in game option. In the USA tax lowers will use anything not forbidden by law. Tax law evolves to close loops. Taking Vader away was enough.

I have zero tolerance for hackers or midders or anything that isn't a normal in game option.

• Options
    0322599de3f5ec448c8239d4626966b2.jpg

Can't argue with the sith in question
  • AdamSky
    73 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This Darth Van BANer action may be actually a passive skill of just announced Grand Master Yoda, ...Call of Justify. He is very powerful, so many Vaders punished already and he is just announced, that's the real FORCE. You guys agree that all these dark side accounts were closed/baned "by force"?
  • Options
    I'll be honest, I'm shocked they banned those players. My only thought is that, with Vader hitting the shard shop, they needed to get rid of the players who used the exploit because now their Vader's would be working and legitimate and they couldn't search for and remove those excess shards, that's my only guess as to the "why". Had they been able to remove the shards, those banned players probably would be fine today...
  • Options
    I'll be honest, I'm shocked they banned those players. My only thought is that, with Vader hitting the shard shop, they needed to get rid of the players who used the exploit because now their Vader's would be working and legitimate and they couldn't search for and remove those excess shards, that's my only guess as to the "why". Had they been able to remove the shards, those banned players probably would be fine today...

Not even worth the effort to go through accounts individually and remove every suspect shard.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Slight confusion, are they keeping their 6 or 7 star Vader, but you are just removing the power level?

Or are you dropping their Vaders down to 4 or 5 star?

Seems strange to leave these people with 6 or 7 star characters, that once you change back the data they got a killer character.

+1

sounds like it's rewarding someone for finding an exploit in the long run.

• Options
    Greetings Heroes,

@EA_Jesse

Greetings Heroes,

@EA_Jesse

The Economist is weekly.

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Deimos wrote: »
    Btw I wish to start a petition, make Innovator a forum admin. I have fallen in insane affection with his innovative eloquence that refuses to follow stale roads of banal phrasings!

In other words, I'm happy you got banned mate. Bite the dust.

This is the best laugh I've had in awhile. Thank you Deimos!
  • Options
    Good day, EA developers!
    I am very saddened by the recent events in the game and i disagree with you for several reasons:

1. Invite friends and delete - is it can be called a fraud? The developers have provided us with this opportunity. I agree that it is ugly and wrong, but it’s not given big advantage in game . Also, character has been weakened, and nobody used him now.
    But what about the players who did not even know about this vulnerability and who got some pieces didn’t realizing, what happening? . Did they deserve punishment?
    2. This is a letter to players who have used the vulnerability in the game. I do not be lazy and quote him:
    "Your account has been noticed suspicious activity associated with the recently discovered vulnerability.
    In the near future to be applied measures your account.
    Do not use the vulnerability to unfair play: in the case of repeated violations of the account will be locked forever.
    Thank you.
    "
    (There is a screenshot of this letter)
    Why you did not immediately blocked account? Yes, we are wrong and it's not good but the punishment is too harsh. Players spend the time and effort and some money in the game. It is very unfair to the players.
    3. The basic reason is this promise made by EA_Jesse: «that players will not be blocked, but the action will be take»
    «We have decided to not ban these players, but will be taking additional action in the near future with these accounts.»
    It turns out that we were deceived. And we return to paragraph 2 again: "Why did not immediately blocked account? Why should we waste time, effort and money ... "
    This very undermines the reputation of a well-known company.
    I hope very much on the competence of developers and that problem will be solved in the near future.
    P. S. Take away character «Darth Vader» and fragments obtained by dishonest means, in my opinion, would be the most rational solution in this situation. Many players will support me.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Thats like criminals trying to sue police for not arresting them right away.

You get whats coming to you after the investigation is over and not when its convenient to u
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Thats like criminals trying to sue police for not arresting them right away.

You get whats coming to you after the investigation is over and not when its convenient to u

very nice words, but not now
  • Options
    If the ban will be someday removed please keep them far from fair players servers. Put them together into one or few server, separately from not cheating players. If you guys like to cheat, getting unfair advantage stay together with others like you, don't mess with others good joy of gaming.
  • Options
    Seva wrote: »
    Good day, EA developers!
    I am very saddened by the recent events in the game and i disagree with you for several reasons:

1. Invite friends and delete - is it can be called a fraud? The developers have provided us with this opportunity. I agree that it is ugly and wrong, but it’s not given big advantage in game . Also, character has been weakened, and nobody used him now.
    But what about the players who did not even know about this vulnerability and who got some pieces didn’t realizing, what happening? . Did they deserve punishment?
    2. This is a letter to players who have used the vulnerability in the game. I do not be lazy and quote him:
    "Your account has been noticed suspicious activity associated with the recently discovered vulnerability.
    In the near future to be applied measures your account.
    Do not use the vulnerability to unfair play: in the case of repeated violations of the account will be locked forever.
    Thank you.
    "
    (There is a screenshot of this letter)
    Why you did not immediately blocked account? Yes, we are wrong and it's not good but the punishment is too harsh. Players spend the time and effort and some money in the game. It is very unfair to the players.
    3. The basic reason is this promise made by EA_Jesse: «that players will not be blocked, but the action will be take»
    «We have decided to not ban these players, but will be taking additional action in the near future with these accounts.»
    It turns out that we were deceived. And we return to paragraph 2 again: "Why did not immediately blocked account? Why should we waste time, effort and money ... "
    This very undermines the reputation of a well-known company.
    I hope very much on the competence of developers and that problem will be solved in the near future.
    P. S. Take away character «Darth Vader» and fragments obtained by dishonest means, in my opinion, would be the most rational solution in this situation. Many players will support me.

Say byeeeee!
    :):):):):):):):):):)
  • Options
    AdamSky wrote: »
    If the ban will be someday removed please keep them far from fair players servers. Put them together into one or few server, separately from not cheating players. If you guys like to cheat, getting unfair advantage stay together with others like you, don't mess with others good joy of gaming.

It's more justice solution
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    And force them to update a patch tht permanently deletes their vader forever :)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.