6 and 7 Star Darth Vader

1789101113Next

Replies

• Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    CharLieTao wrote: »
    Let me make this completely clear with everyone, we ALL know that if we all found the glitch like those who did, we would not hesitate to get our Vader to 6 or 7*'s. So everyone relax and just be happy those who got Vader to 6 or 7 are doing well.

Do you actually believe that everyone everywhere always uses exploits and glitches when they're found?

You're very wrong and it's a little disquieting to know someone believes this.

+1
    It's sad, I knew about the Vader cheat, didn't do it, I didn't use Force Close either yet most people assume if there's a cheat that everyone will use it.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    And force them to update a patch tht permanently deletes their vader forever :)
    I have nothing against
  • Options
    In my opinion those accounts should have been banned from the start.
    But saying no banning and then doing it later, that's harsh.
  • Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    In my opinion those accounts should have been banned from the start.
    But saying no banning and then doing it later, that's harsh.

I agree with you. We can not make promises and do not do it
  • Options
    That optikrus guy is actually on my server, his account was suspicious anyway. He always got to first with a really bad team (beating QGJ, Fotp, Leia, Poe, old ben teams). Lately his team is getting into better shape, must be the crystal rewards.
  • Options
    That optikrus guy is actually on my server, his account was suspicious anyway. He always got to first with a really bad team (beating QGJ, Fotp, Leia, Poe, old ben teams). Lately his team is getting into better shape, must be the crystal rewards.

How do you know what team I fell, and what I have left. Leaving a weak team first potmou thought GW will be easier. sorry by Google translator
  • Options

Tell me honestly. You my Vader interrupted something? He showed some imbalance?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Seva wrote: »
    Good day, EA developers!
    I am very saddened by the recent events in the game and i disagree with you for several reasons:

1. Invite friends and delete - is it can be called a fraud? The developers have provided us with this opportunity. I agree that it is ugly and wrong, but it’s not given big advantage in game . Also, character has been weakened, and nobody used him now.
    But what about the players who did not even know about this vulnerability and who got some pieces didn’t realizing, what happening? . Did they deserve punishment?
    2. This is a letter to players who have used the vulnerability in the game. I do not be lazy and quote him:
    "Your account has been noticed suspicious activity associated with the recently discovered vulnerability.
    In the near future to be applied measures your account.
    Do not use the vulnerability to unfair play: in the case of repeated violations of the account will be locked forever.
    Thank you.
    "
    (There is a screenshot of this letter)
    Why you did not immediately blocked account? Yes, we are wrong and it's not good but the punishment is too harsh. Players spend the time and effort and some money in the game. It is very unfair to the players.
    3. The basic reason is this promise made by EA_Jesse: «that players will not be blocked, but the action will be take»
    «We have decided to not ban these players, but will be taking additional action in the near future with these accounts.»
    It turns out that we were deceived. And we return to paragraph 2 again: "Why did not immediately blocked account? Why should we waste time, effort and money ... "
    This very undermines the reputation of a well-known company.
    I hope very much on the competence of developers and that problem will be solved in the near future.
    P. S. Take away character «Darth Vader» and fragments obtained by dishonest means, in my opinion, would be the most rational solution in this situation. Many players will support me.

Hahhahahhahahahhahahhaha
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    OptikRUS wrote: »

Tell me honestly. You my Vader interrupted something? He showed some imbalance?

Seriously, go play War Commander. They love cheaters. But bye
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Jek_Face wrote: »
    So some of you are saying that taking advantage of an exploit is cheating and a ban-able offense. The retreat option in the old GW was taking advantage of an exploit. How is that any different? Hello, Kettle? This is the Pot.

The retreat option was a game option. It was being more powerful than expected and this was changed. Has nothing in common with this exploit. Maybe force-close could be comparable, and just maybe

It has been clearly communicated that the behavior of force-close was the intended way. Keep doing witch hunting.
    I couldn't care less for force closing, or for the fact that a dev said in the forum that it became the basic function because they could not find s way to solve it (a dev who hasnt post anymore since he was so candid). Didn't care then, much less care now.
    I feel sorry for those that used Allies to upgrade Vader. Each and every step they made was legal and an in game option. In the USA tax lowers will use anything not forbidden by law. Tax law evolves to close loops. Taking Vader away was enough.

I have zero tolerance for hackers or midders or anything that isn't a normal in game option.
    Fortunately, EA is not the govermnet so we don't have to live with people hiding money in Switzerrland here.
    Whatever way the banned players want to hide it, they knew what was happening. It became so soread because it was spoken of in shady forums. They knew it was a shady way to exploit an in game bug to gain sn adventage, and that's forbidden by the TOS and the EULA. They choose to do it anyways, because they thought the benefit would be greater than any possible penslty. Maybe the next time those shady forums spread the word of an in game bug, they will think about the consecuentes being harsher than they expected.
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Thats like criminals trying to sue police for not arresting them right away.

You get whats coming to you after the investigation is over and not when its convenient to u

**** justice delayed is justice denied
    Roger roger
  • Options
    I'd say removal of all excess shards +10 and a ban while the new Yoda event is on would be fair enough. If you wanted to be even harsher then remove all vader shards, they'd also lose gear droids and mats wasted on Vader.

End of the day you violate TOS you don't have a say in the response
    Roger roger
  • Options
    Dilligaf wrote: »
    I'd say removal of all excess shards +10 and a ban while the new Yoda event is on would be fair enough. If you wanted to be even harsher then remove all vader shards, they'd also lose gear droids and mats wasted on Vader.

I still hope, that EA reasonable and changes his mind
  • Options
    Deimos wrote: »
    Btw I wish to start a petition, make Innovator a forum admin. I have fallen in insane affection with his innovative eloquence that refuses to follow stale roads of banal phrasings!

In other words, I'm happy you got banned mate. Bite the dust.

This is the best laugh I've had in awhile. Thank you Deimos!

Glad to hear that mate :)

Love this thread myself!!
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I'm shocked they banned those players. My only thought is that, with Vader hitting the shard shop, they needed to get rid of the players who used the exploit because now their Vader's would be working and legitimate and they couldn't search for and remove those excess shards, that's my only guess as to the "why". Had they been able to remove the shards, those banned players probably would be fine today...
    More than that, there's no reason to think they stopped once their Vader hit 7* since they could keep going to get the free crystals and bronziums. So you could have people out there with enough extra Vader shards to snatch up whatever the shop-only character will be, again totally for free.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    An argument could've been made that before force closing app in GW was official that it too was cheating and could be in violation of TOS because it gave an unfair advantage to people who chose to cheat in this way. Did anybody really think the developers wanted this exploit out there when they had the retreat function? The people who CHOSE not to take advantage of this exploit was at a disadvantage because they unlocked and starred up characters at a slower rate than people who CHOSE to exploit it.

IMO if it's in the game then it's fair game and not cheating. If it was unintentional then EA should've patched it immediately and somehow restore balance but banning players for taking advantage of what's right in front of them is silly. It's not like they hacked it and used 3rd party software. How hard would it have been to take away excess Vader shards and give gifts of appreciation to the players in the form of energy, shards, gems etc to those who chose not to take advantage of it?
  • Options

How many man hours of work would that take? Not worth the effort to please known cheaters.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »

How many man hours of work would that take? Not worth the effort to please known cheaters.

Can't imagine too many to delete the Vader from their account
    Roger roger
  • bombbadass
    66 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I think this is interesting.
  • bombbadass
    66 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    People on both sides have valid points
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    The ban was harsh, should have just deducted all their resources.

But the English is just awful, communication is a two way street. The message that is not getting across just works against him.
  • Misogi
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Haven't been playing since Jan, but... aren't his shards available in the shard shop? Just saying... if I see a 6, I'm not going to automatically assume it's an exploiter.
  • Chomwey
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I just got, TODAY 2 shards of vader from the yard shop, finally making it 6* plus 1 shard...not a good hero, still it feels good to get him that far, mostly 'cause he probably won't get more than that...I assume it could be a hole year...or even more to get him 'till 7 ( need 49 & 1/2 days of him been sold on the shard shop, or some long achievements that'll make it shorter)

PS: Working on grievous as well, just for the fun of it :D
    PS2: Hope EA make´s him the great char he shold be sometime.
  • Options
    I agree with Chomwey. Now that there are legit ways of getting Vader above 5* (achievements + shard shop), have steps been taken to ensure those of us trying to earn more advanced Vaders will actually earn stronger characters? Any news on this from the devs?
  • pk1
    14 posts Member
    Options
    I was wondering if it is yet possible for a player to have a 7☆ Vader yet as I just came up against a person in galactic wars with everythin maxed out. VADER,Palpatine, lando,anikin and I carnt remember the last character, but it would be nice to if this a cheater in which case I will report him or if it is possible then just bite the bullet.
    Thank you very much for your time on this matter.