6 and 7 Star Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    So let me see if I understood correctly. Cheaters get the maximum possible Vader (5*), which an honest players needs months to get. Plus they get to keep everything they earned through Bronze packs, pvp, missions and GW. Wow, CG must love cheating if they give them such good rewards.
  • Options
    ^^^ What I read in the CG post was this:

"Guys, go look up the cheat on Reddit and see if you can make it work, even though we said we fixed it, because we will HOOK YOU UP!"

• Options
    I received a letter. I'm not a cheater . My Darth Vader has a 5 star , who scored themselves . I was not trying to cheat . This is very unfair . You can not calculate the real cheaters ? And all the blame , but themselves to blame ? Punish those who Vader 7 stars instead of polls . It's not even funny.
    Sorry for my english. But it's wrong.
  • Options
    I received a letter. I'm not a cheater . My Darth Vader has a 5 star , who scored themselves . I was not trying to cheat . This is very unfair . You can not calculate the real cheaters ? And all the blame , but themselves to blame ? Punish those who Vader 7 stars instead of polls . It's not even funny.
    Sorry for my english. But it's wrong.

So, if the community were to look up your Ally code, you would have _every single achievement in the game_ completed? Because, as stated, it is the only way to have a 5* Vader.

If you have done that (completed every single achievement), then props are due. If not, some how, some way, you glitched or recieved a glitched reward or, maybe... just maybe, cheated.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    ...Business is about money. Not about fair. Well, at least the ones with shareholders to report to...
    Well as an EA shareholder (what can I say, I really liked Dragon Age) I thank you for that perspective. I still say the cheaters should be soundly punished.

My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    ...Business is about money. Not about fair. Well, at least the ones with shareholders to report to...
    Well as an EA shareholder (what can I say, I really liked Dragon Age) I thank you for that perspective. I still say the cheaters should be soundly punished.

I have my bits of shares in many companies as well. As a 'smaller' investor (aka, they'll never hear my vote) I wish for better consumer focused policies also as they ensure a healthy business long term. But, unfortunately, the whales control that zone too and most of those shareholders (with big voting blocks that can make or break a CEO's overpaid job) don't care about long term. They care about 'exit strategy' and maximizing fast then walking away before the repercussions hit. P/E and EBITA... That's it.
  • Options
    Shouldve banned them its an exploit/cheating. No reason why you should be so lenient with cheaters when players like me play fair.
  • Options
    Everyone who done this was intentionally exploiting the glitch and should be banned, simple as. There should be no middle ground with cheaters.

AGREED
  • Options
    So how exactly was the exploit done? It's been fixed and I'm wondering. What exactly did they exploit?
  • Options
    Ban their acc's. What if they find another exploit? We should be staying still and do nothing. These guys are waiting for more exploits and they will do the same again. The ban is a must....
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Banning is something that sounds easy but it really isn't. I'm against cheating so don't get me wrong pls. Now that we know of this glitch, what if people removed inactive allies and invited higher active players without knowing they repetitive getting those shards. I'm sure these cases occur, that's why you can't simply ban them all over night.

Lastly I think if more people knew of this they would actually use it, I know it would be temping at least. Just as I think the majority disagreeing, when devs post it's step 1 of a process because of reasons, are in it to squeeze out freebies.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Vader alone is big but bronzium... that's just years worth of normal play, not counting crystal. ****, I should've done it.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Cheaters earned 7* Vader, thousands of crystals and hundreds of bronzium packs. The punishment must be hefty.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So, let me see... below are the reasonings that some people have come up so far as to why those violaters should not be banned:

1. It's just a glitch and not cheating - like Leia
    2. Everyone exploits glitches and you and they are no different
    3. If you had known how to do it, you would have done it as well
    4. Some didn't want to do it, but did it to stay competitive
    5. "Its a just a flocking game" (sorry, but my favourite)
    6. Banning is too harsh - Rolling back Vader to a 5-star, plus some additional punishment is good enough
    7. This is a witch hunt!
    8. People who are asking them to be banned are pathetic and are jealous of them owning a 6/7* Vader
    9. It wasn't intentional! They did it out of ignorance
    10. Business triumphs over everything

Did I miss out anything? Wow, must say they are very compelling indeed (note the sarcasm)
  • GuitarAce
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm pretty sure someone already posted this but it seems people have forgotten.
    As per the EA ToS:
    " Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game."
    This, among many other things, is enough to warrant deleting a player's account.
    So whatever everyone's personal view of what constitutes cheating is, EA's own Terms of Service says what these players did was cheating.
  • The_Oklahoma_Kid
    930 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well the notices are going out to flagged accounts. They may not be getting banned but I have a feeling they will be losing all their gains. Which will make most of them quit.

GuitarAce wrote: »
    As per the EA ToS:
    " Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game."
    This, among many other things, is enough to warrant deleting a player's account.
    So whatever everyone's personal view of what constitutes cheating is, EA's own Terms of Service says what these players did was cheating.

That would include a force close during GW. But people seem perfectly fine with that exploit.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Well the notices are going out to flagged accounts. They may not be getting banned but I have a feeling they will be losing all their gains. Which will make most of them quit.
    If we lose the ones who firmly believe that exploits are legitimate gameplay, and aren't willing to accept the consequences of getting caught, then I say good riddance.

The ones who accept a fair punishment, and are willing to enter "the grind" with the rest of us are welcome to stay IMO.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    I think a temporary ban would be sufficient punishment for those players. 7 days or so. This was a bug that players cannot unknowingly exploit.

Of i had a 7* Vader (no i did not use the exploit) i personally would gladly Trade a 7 day ban to get to keep an use him lol. Far too mild.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Do i think they need banned???
    No, because cheating and exploiting are not the same
    Do i think they need punished???
    Yes, because exploiting is still wrong, but not in the same severity as cheating (modding)
    Do i think them keeping their vaders and extra rewards earned from the time they had a 4* vader to now???
    Not a chance. All rewards should be calculated and subtracted (possibly putting them into the negative but so be it, and the vader shouod be completly remived from their acct. and these accts should be "vader locked" meaning they also now cant even unlock him ever.

That would leave the players who exploited, with the exact rewards ammount deserved (even if it putes em in the negative) and will leave them 100% without the toon they exploited to get in the first place making them worse off then before BUT since they didnt actually cheat, they could still play.

Another sweet option, is give out enough shards to promote to 6* to ALL players who didnt exploit and delete the exploiters vaders. Then they have to start over and we get to use powerful vaders to nuke them and they can see what life is like on the opposite end of it.

Just my thoughts
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    The amount of rewards except for the Vader shards is substantial... I too think that a 7 day stay in the freeze box isn't gonna be enough to send the right signals to the community. I'm not about to cry for perma bans either though.

I hope the reactions in this thread can at least somewhat serve as a litmus test for the devs when they consider appropriate actions to take.
  • Options
    I have a feeling their accounts will be rolled back.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Personally
    I like my extra shards for us an no vaders for them hahahaha but i find it strange that as nonermo said, the devs clearly state the neef is temporary to lvl the field for now and they will be dealing with the accts soon enough yet ppl r already flipping out that the ounishment is not severe enough lmao
    What punishment? Devs will punish at a later date as stated
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Keaven wrote: »
    Great. Lets ban anyone exploiting game glitches, then we'll never find the next ones.

And we are all exploiting glitches. There are a lot of glitches in AI fighting and hero abilities.

Yeah... This is what I think too. There is a subtle difference here. I use Leia all the time, even though I would probably use her even if her buff wasn't broken. Still, it does give me an unfair advantage. Does that make me a cheater?

At the same time, I can definitely see the point in setting examples and avoiding a culture of cheating. It's a balancing act.

Not cheating. But it portrais developers as worried about Vader by using a glitch, while not caring that players have an unfair advantage with a char, so long as it bring loads of cash. The beat rhing a Chromium can five you is 4x single-shotter always buffing Leia.

• Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Personally
    I like my extra shards for us an no vaders for them hahahaha but i find it strange that as nonermo said, the devs clearly state the neef is temporary to lvl the field for now and they will be dealing with the accts soon enough yet ppl r already flipping out that the ounishment is not severe enough lmao
    What punishment? Devs will punish at a later date as stated

I think maybe people are up in arms because there will be no ban (as Jesse specifically said) when according to the ToS there should be. Yes we don't know what their punishment will be but anything short of a ban makes it look like they don't enforce their own rules.
  • Options
    Proposed punishmet: any squad will have 4 free slots, but the 5th will be automatically populated by a Jar-Jar Binks that fire "flaps" that make 1 damage, and makes a fart on the soecial dealing 0 damage.

This way, cheaters will have a temporary disadvantage and adequate and evident public shame as everybody notices they Jar-Jars. Also, the lose all benefits from the exploit.

Now since this is a glitch...well, maybe only one week of Jar-Jar may be enough.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Proposed punishmet: any squad will have 4 free slots, but the 5th will be automatically populated by a Jar-Jar Binks that fire "flaps" that make 1 damage, and makes a fart on the soecial dealing 0 damage.

This way, cheaters will have a temporary disadvantage and adequate and evident public shame as everybody notices they Jar-Jars. Also, the lose all benefits from the exploit.

Now since this is a glitch...well, maybe only one week of Jar-Jar may be enough.

Don't forget to have Jar Jar as leader of all their squads forever....
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @obiwan1011 Who said anything about "us" tolerating cheaters. Vader issue is clearly obvious and should be taken action against. This is just step 1. The glitch discussion which got derailed but clearly needs attention too, is the GW force close one. Thats a glitch people also abuse (including myself times before I hit 60). There's also a topic about it where people wanna know if you get banned or not. That's also beneficial like some other things going on. Let's not turn this into a witch hunt is all I'm saying.

@CronozNL ...some decency man. You have reported the force close (which is 't even a glitch but how the game is programmed), while still using it daily, reporting only so you can save face just in case.

I think glitches need to be addressed when they have a permanent effect (like Vader 7*). But I think it's childish to have them banned.

There surely are many great people that wanted Vader so madly that decided to use the glitch, but that are great fellows that wouldn't not cheat in any other way.

And CG is doing the right thing will sating them Hello, "please don't you notice the achiement is only meant to apply once? We'll take tour benefit away". Though forcing them to play with a Jar-Jar would be punishment with class!

• Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Did I miss out anything? Wow, must say they are very compelling indeed (note the sarcasm)

Wow pretty good summary. Are you an anthopologist or a journalist? Good job!

You only missed the one where they should't be banned because they'd all just apply massive refund requests.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    It sucks they don't ban em. But in this world of 'ban = insta-refund from Google', I can see why they chose not to do this.

Man, I miss playing MMO's where Blizzard could just ban someone and you can't screw over the developer.

You are completely mistaken about this. Read the terms of service.
  • Options
    GuitarAce wrote: »
    As per the EA ToS:

How do you know that some players didn't simply, when they logged in one day, have a bug not recognize they'd already gotten an achievement and gave them shards without them doing anything deliberately?

At least unless or until devs can satisfy themselves that every single person affected had to deliberately do something dishonest, it makes sense to do a temporary fix first and not rush to judgment.