6 and 7 Star Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    LavaMeezo wrote: »
    The fact cheaters are going to get away with it, with just a slap on the hand, makes me wonder why I'm even playing. The integrity of the game is thrown out the window, most likely in an attempt to keep as many paying customers as possible, even if they cheat!! I find this to be totally unacceptable!!! As a top ranked p2w player, who has played since launch, I find it highly unlikely they even got to five star Vader legitimately. All the response to this has done is left me feeling cheated. Time for me to reconsider, if cheating is going to be condoned, I don't want to play... let alone invest in a corrupt game!!! GROW A SET EA\CG!!! and enforce the TOS *@#%

If you were able to read perhaps you would notice they will be taking action against the exploiters. Also, who cares if you're a top ranked p2w player ha. This game isn't pay to win at all. Any free player can take #1 practically at will because you are fighting a useless AI. It's not even a PvP game, in the end it is all purely PvE.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    People who are complaining here for banning those guys are simple pathetic...if you have a weak squad..just face it...even banning those people will not upgrade your rank or team...anyway, I have 8* Darth Vader...ow yeaaahh....cry cry cry whiners....

post above me (@lavameezo) simply a bitter P2W user that does not have a single clue how to be good in this game withouth spending any amounts....top 5 is his best..or maybe lower than that...
  • Scorpion1980
    246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DarthDamon wrote: »
    The only problem I have with it is the fact that exploit does not equal cheat.......i for one probably would've done it, too. However, it's just a game. A free game. Get over it and just enjoy it.
    abusing an exploit = cheating. case closed. i am amazed to see they dont even get a temporary ban, i mean ppl have been banned for less in other games, i understand this is at EA and CG's discretion, GOH being their intellectual property, but in a online multiplayer game you want to keep the community happy, they are your bread and butter, i trully hope that a more harsh penalty is given to these cheaters after the temporary solution is updated, if not banned then atleast completely take away their vader or maybe downgrade him to a 4* remember its a penalty for cheating, EA doesnt have to be obliged to be lenient.

edited: i know im gona get heat for saying this, lol my shoulders are strong and my skin as tough as rhino hide, but these ppl defending the cheaters and saying no bann is good, makes me think, they themselves are part of the cheater group, doesnt make sense that a gamer doesnt want a harsh punishment, unless he is the cheater. lol ready steady... shoot... lol
  • Options
    I too think they should take hard measures against these cheaters. If I understand correctly the bug involved resetting a achievement over and over again. It's not just a simple click of a button. The players received the achievement awards (including credits, allypoint etc.) over and over again. There are people level 30 with a 6* vader already. Imagine all the extra credits, droids and bronzium packs they got as well. A 7 day ban like havoktrigger suggested should be right.

However if you read between the lines of EAjesse's post I don't think they have a way to separate the cheaters from the honest players. I don't think they have an easy way to search for all the accounts with a 7* vader. That's why they nerving all the vaders.
  • MasterTamias
    74 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    From certain point of view, exploiting is possible when there is a bug, but it is not players' responsibility to not exploiting a bug. Instead, it is the game itself glitched to allow such a thing to happen. So the most appropriate way to this problem is not having Vader's stars reduced but to roll back where the vader's star SHOULD be because they didn't complete the achievement at all. Giving them a 5 star vader is like saying they have completed all the achievements in which they obviously didn't.
    p.s. I just have a 4 star vader lol
  • Options
    p.s. I just have a 4 star vader lol
    lol nice save.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Since when are glitches considered cheating? If the game allows you to do something without altering the code (hacking) it's not the same as cheating. There are many glitches currently which people use consciously/unconsciously. Gl with the witchhunt.
    If we go down that road same goes for Leia users. You know she is broken to a point where she solo wins battles. Unfair advantage in GW, "pvp", LS battles and squad cantina.

No if you really want to make it fair again you have to reset the game :p We all don't want that do we?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Simply sad. I say,roll their accounts back to pre-cheat status.Sad that they won't be flat banned.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera Please also deal with those accounts that has more than 65 Vader shards. I know some who are hoarding Vader shards and have not promoted the 4* Vader beyond 5*

It is totally unfair that they also gain 2000 ally points per exploit. Many of them have done many exploits and have gained so many brozium packs unfairly.
    Post edited by xJazzx on
  • Scorpion1980
    246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Since when are glitches considered cheating? If the game allows you to do something without altering the code (hacking) it's not the same as cheating. There are many glitches currently which people use consciously/unconsciously. Gl with the witchhunt.
    If we go down that road same goes for Leia users. You know she is broken to a point where she solo wins battles. Unfair advantage in GW, "pvp", LS battles and squad cantina.

No if you really want to make it fair again you have to reset the game :p We all don't want that do we?
    in my opinion, if you knowingly abuse a bug/glitch to get ahead in a game, its cheating, if you accidently use it everytime while playing its innocent, then youre not cheating, but what these guys did, resetting he achievements (knowingly and on purpose) to gain a 7* vader, not even released to general public. sorry thats cheating, google cheating... first one that pops up, and i quote
    "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage" i rest my case your honor. lol
  • Options
    If you don't alter the game then its a glitch. Cheating is modding it, that was not done in this case.

Cheating is a broad term. Knowingly exploiting a bug/glitch for personal gain, is cheating. Modifying game files is also cheating, but that's not the issue at hand.
  • Options
    @Scorpion1980

On the Vader thing sure, that's a different story. Still we have no idea what went down in those cases. Did they get double shards? Were they intentionally getting them elsewhere? I mean no details have been given how it went down. You also have to take into account that if people don't read forum and I'm sure many don't, they have no way knowing that Vader is capped at 5*(or 4?) atm.

How do you feel about people putting Leia in their team when they know she is a broken toon? They know their defense is much stronger with her in the team. They have an unfair advantage and have knowledge of this. Same case, different feels.

It's like stealing candy or a car. You're still a thief. If you are consequent you should consider those cheating as well. At least that's how we apply our rules in the real world.
  • Options
    Once my ally list got buggy and I couldn't add anyone, but it wasn't full, so i dropped all my friends. The Darth Vader shards did not lost (which I got from the achievements) and when I got the achievement again I got more. I didn't take advantage of this bug, reported to devs and didn't tell anybody. I even told devs to take those shards. I think this is how a fair player plays. They should be punished more, not permaban but something heavier.
  • Options
    If you don't alter the game then its a glitch. Cheating is modding it, that was not done in this case.

Cheating is a broad term. Knowingly exploiting a bug/glitch for personal gain, is cheating. Modifying game files is also cheating, but that's not the issue at hand.
    i agree, the point most of us are trying to make is they got of lightly, a little slap on the wrist, now before ppl start yelling, yes i know EA/CG are still deciding what exactly to do (except bann, which they said no bann) the rest of us who want a harsher punishment want a fair and just outcome, and the 5* debuff vader, just aint a fair punishment, i reiterate, in my opinion they should either completely lose their vader toon, or their vaders must be brought down to 4* atleast. the whole exploit bug nonsense aint cheating is beside the point, they did wrong, were dishonest, in our harsh world ppl get punished for doing wrong.
  • Options
    Well let EA/CG do the deciding on the punishment for that matter. That's also why we have courts and judges in the real world :P
    If we would have let the people (community) decide, I see life term bans like a death sentence in the real world lol
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »

There's a difference between glitches in the game that players have no control over such as bugged characters, and purposely replicating glitches for personal gain.

The first isn't cheating, the second is. In the case of this topic, it's the second. It is completely intentional and being exploited for maximum gain.

The result should be a permanent ban or a reset of their accounts. Not only have they exploited the glitch to gain a 6/7* Vader, but also has been used to gain a better position in arenas and clearing GW more often. So the exploit has led to gaining characters shards and crystals at a higher rate than they may have been capable off without the glitch. So nerfing their Vader is pointless now the harm has been done and the rewards reaped.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Corrected
    Post edited by xJazzx on
  • Options
    This has been an ongoing discussion on the interwebs since glitches were first discovered.
    I just googled for fun to try and find something solid but it's mostly personal opinions. Though I do think people like @Terrorize89 and @Scorpion1980 are in the majority :D
    Also single player weighs in less than multiplayer games.
  • Options
    Not only have they exploited the glitch to gain a 6/7* Vader, but also has been used to gain a better position in arenas and clearing GW more often. So the exploit has led to gaining characters shards and crystals at a higher rate than they may have been capable off without the glitch. So nerfing their Vader is pointless now the harm has been done and the rewards reaped.
    i agree with this, they gained in other ways too from getting their "bad" 7* vaders

• Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    Simple solution. Reset everyone's VADER to 5* and shards to 0. This applies to exploiters and non-exploiters

Not really a solution I think. I managed to unlock vader at level 60, a bit late but most of the players probably unlock him around 55-60. With the exploit there are level 30's with a 7* vader. Nerfing their vader to a 5* vader is still really good when you are level 30.

@moszkito described the exploit some comments up. The exploit doesn't only get you vader, it gets you the rest of the achievement rewards too. If you get darth vader to 7* you get the achievements bonus approximately 30 times. If I remember correctly the achievement nets you somewhere around 2000 allypoints. So exploiting this will get you 240 bronzium packs as well (probably some full characters in there). Can't remember how much credits and training droids this will get you.

A week long ban and removing vader seems appropriate to me. But i fear it will be hard to track down all the cheaters.
  • Options
    Simple solution. Reset everyone's VADER to 5* and shards to 0. This applies to exploiters and non-exploiters
    That unfortunately is not a viable solution. The people who exploited this could do so without ever legitly obtaining enough shards for a 4* Vader, let alone a 5*.

As a minimal punishment, they should remove the 6-7* Vaders and give the players back shards for what Achievements they have completed.

Personally I would rather they removed the 6-7* Vaders completely and marked all of their achievements as completed without giving the rewards out so that they could never obtain the hero.
  • Options
    I read anywhere that is possible to get vader shards in last GW fight. But dont think that u could level up with theese rare shards
  • Options
    I think the players should have been banned. There is nothing to encourage players not to cheat otherwise. And Redding their stats is just silly. They will just find another exploit and use it until it's patched and the cycle continues.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Not really a solution I think. I managed to unlock vader at level 60, a bit late but most of the players probably unlock him around 55-60. With the exploit there are level 30's with a 7* vader. Nerfing their vader to a 5* vader is still really good when you are level 30.

@moszkito described the exploit some comments up. The exploit doesn't only get you vader, it gets you the rest of the achievement rewards too. If you get darth vader to 7* you get the achievements bonus approximately 30 times. If I remember correctly the achievement nets you somewhere around 2000 allypoints. So exploiting this will get you 240 bronzium packs as well (probably some full characters in there). Can't remember how much credits and training droids this will get you.

A week long ban and removing vader seems appropriate to me. But i fear it will be hard to track down all the cheaters.

My bad. You really convinced me here. 2000 ally points gives you 8 bronzium packs Btw.
    Post edited by xJazzx on
  • Options
    My bad. You really convinced me here. 2000 ally points gives you 7 bronzium packs Btw.

It's 2000 allypoints per achievement and they did the achievement 30 times or more.
    2000 points= 8 bronziums (250 per pack)
    So 8*30=240 packs
  • Options
    My bad. You really convinced me here. 2000 ally points gives you 7 bronzium packs Btw.

It's 2000 allypoints per achievement and they did the achievement 30 times or more.
    So 8*30=240 packs
    I think he thought you meant a total of 2000 points instead of 2000 each.
  • Options
    240 packs that's a lot. I'll stop simming from now on haha
    Maybe I can catch up.
  • Options
    My bad. You really convinced me here. 2000 ally points gives you 8 bronzium packs Btw.

So 8*30=240 packs

That's a lot. Gosh. Yeah, action needs to be taken.. It just isn't fair.
  • Ailan
    43 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Man I'm really upset about this. So not only did they not do anything long term, THEY GET A 5* Vader! I've been playing straight for a month and a half every day P2P and I am still 20 shards away from 5* and atleast another month away based on the length of the achievements. This is absolute CRAP. So they get a 5* Vader while legitimate players have a 4*. HOW IS THIS RIGHT?

Dude take away their vaders, they knew what they were doing.
  • Options
    Well considering most people on average get 10 packs a day. 240 would be 24 days worth in one go. Now I reckon most of us get something decent once a month at least. I know I usually get a handful of characters, usually 1-2* I already have so shards for them instead. But also got 2 4* since playing, one a month.