Time to check reddit

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »
    I'm a guppy in the ocean that we call our mobile game. I've spent probably 50 dollars total in 5 months. I care, but I kinda don't, mostly because I'm getting ready to quit the game. It's not really much fun anymore. This glitch is all it takes for some people like me to just call it quits. Like cmon man.. I spend time and cold hard cash working on my toons, and this random guy, Bob. He goes and discovers a glitch by accident, and gets tons and tons of raid gear. That's garbage..and as a community we should all be upset, screw this Bob guy. And #saveourwhales. Grab your pitchforks everyone, lets riot

Yea sorry i didn't see it before, my posts must've upset a lot of people.

But if this makes you leave the game, then you were waiting for an excuse to do so.

Sorry for getting you wrong, man. I hope this is fixed. This seems much worse than the Vader thing. And well, this is the only app I really play on my phone, so I guess that's something.

On a side note, I don't know if the devs would ever get money from those of us who have chosen to get a refund already, I don't know if its even possible with the app store rules. Not that those people might even ever want to spend again after this thing.

No probs. I dunno if this is worse than Vader i actually fought 7* Vader when all my toons were 3*. If it happens now, won't affect me much, but then it was a huge problem for me. Hope this works out.
  • Alexone wrote: »
    I'm a guppy in the ocean that we call our mobile game. I've spent probably 50 dollars total in 5 months. I care, but I kinda don't, mostly because I'm getting ready to quit the game. It's not really much fun anymore. This glitch is all it takes for some people like me to just call it quits. Like cmon man.. I spend time and cold hard cash working on my toons, and this random guy, Bob. He goes and discovers a glitch by accident, and gets tons and tons of raid gear. That's garbage..and as a community we should all be upset, screw this Bob guy. And #saveourwhales. Grab your pitchforks everyone, lets riot

But if this makes you leave the game, then you were waiting for an excuse to do so.

Beg to differ. I love this game and never considered quitting before. But this was disheartening. I only have 3 gear 9 characters and to hear that this happened was a major slap in the face.

It's much more rewarding when you do it the 'honest' way trust me. I never was a fan of cheating in games because i knew that i had zero satisfaction at the end if i do it. So i dunno...keep at it, or don't! Your choice

Exactly, that's why I think the people who need to cheat should be punished. But I don't agree that people quitting over this were just "looking for an excuse". This is one of the worst things they've allowed so far. And it's been part of a series of recent issues. It's not fair to say the people willing to quit never actually liked the game.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member

I mean I guess. I just really hate how, they can EASILY fix so many problems with this game but they always choose the GREEDY, frustrating methods that don't solve anything.. Latest example: the precraft solution, they added droid callers to shipments, took furnaces out.. Who thought that was a good idea? Like seriously, what did that fix? That's just one of many ways they have been messing up lately. The 500 crystals ain't curing our problems either.

It solved some of the problems. There are people that got 4 callers without doing refreshes. Probably many got a lot more by doing refreshes, problem is...it's RNG. And that's why the vast majority of the players are unhappy. The worst part is...you won't see them again for 8 weeks.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    After spending a disgusting sum on this game, power-levelling teams to perform better in raids, and refreshing shipments for furnaces and droid callers, and to hear that a significant number of players got virtually unlimited quantities of this gear for free - it makes me furious. Anyone who's seen my recent posts will know I've been pretty hacked off with the game recently anyway.

Gear gating was the single biggest mistake they ever made with this game, coupled with a raid structure having miserable random rewards and encouraging the opposite of teamwork.

Then:

Pre-crafting: Strike 1
    Guild hopping: Strike 2
    Alt factory: Strike 3
    Pre-crafting "solution" opportunistic cash grab: Strike 4
    Unlimited free raid gear: Strike dunking 5

And in each case, the exploiters keep their winnings. Why? Because it's too much work to manually edit player accounts, because it would cost money in man-hours and it's too hard. Because they'd have to work on a client update or something that isn't directly generating revenue.

And then the players who've spent thousands for faster progression, paying EA/CG wages, supporting the game, get to look at players in their arena or guild who gained months of advantage for FREE.

After the events of the last few months, the solution to this had better be pretty spectacular.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • By the time we all wake up in a few hours (or whatever you're doing in your respective timezones) this post is going to have been deleted and we'll all have warning messages. Save the Reddit link if you're still interested in what's going on
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Beg to differ. I love this game and never considered quitting before. But this was disheartening. I only have 3 gear 9 characters and to hear that this happened was a major slap in the face.

It's much more rewarding when you do it the 'honest' way trust me. I never was a fan of cheating in games because i knew that i had zero satisfaction at the end if i do it. So i dunno...keep at it, or don't! Your choice

Exactly, that's why I think the people who need to cheat should be punished. But I don't agree that people quitting over this were just "looking for an excuse". This is one of the worst things they've allowed so far. And it's been part of a series of recent issues. It's not fair to say the people willing to quit never actually liked the game.

You misunderstood me. Didn't say he never liked the game. You can like a game but after a while, you get tired of it and want to leave it because it's not fun anymore. Anybody who still thinks this game is fun, won't leave because of this latest 'lack of action' from the devs. Just imo.
  • Alexone wrote: »

You misunderstood me. Didn't say he never liked the game. You can like a game but after a while, you get tired of it and want to leave it because it's not fun anymore. Anybody who still thinks this game is fun, won't leave because of this latest 'lack of action' from the devs. Just imo.

I didn't misunderstand, I just disagree. I think something over the top such as this can spur a sudden desire to quit. There doesn't gave to be a previous desire to leave. But let's just agree to disagree ☺️
  • Dro1dm0de
    136 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Yeah I'm done with this. What an absolute crock and a waste of time. Never before have I experienced a mobile game that's been more of a headache than enjoyment.
  • Jimboe
    126 posts Member
    It's just unfair, after money and time i have spent
  • bLz
    27 posts Member
    This kind of explains why suddenly a lot of the guys I run in to at my arena level managed to get full gear IX - X squads. This is really disheartening since after weeks of playing fairly, I only have 3 characters that are gear IX or higher.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    You know can't help but wonder what would've happened if they wouldn't have said anything about this? I mean did anybody know before the announcement that there was 'a 90 minute window in which you could've claimed multiple rewards from raids'? Don't think so...they should've just stayed quiet and deal with it how they please and then, nobody would have known. Instead they've created this.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    After spending a disgusting sum on this game, power-levelling teams to perform better in raids, and refreshing shipments for furnaces and droid callers, and to hear that a significant number of players got virtually unlimited quantities of this gear for free - it makes me furious. Anyone who's seen my recent posts will know I've been pretty hacked off with the game recently anyway.

Gear gating was the single biggest mistake they ever made with this game, coupled with a raid structure having miserable random rewards and encouraging the opposite of teamwork.

Then:

Unlimited free raid gear: Strike ****ing 5

And in each case, the exploiters keep their winnings. Why? Because it's too much work to manually edit player accounts, because it would cost money in man-hours and it's too hard. Because they'd have to work on a client update or something that isn't directly generating revenue.

And then the players who've spent thousands for faster progression, paying EA/CG wages, supporting the game, get to look at players in their arena or guild who gained months of advantage for FREE.

After the events of the last few months, the solution to this had better be pretty spectacular.

+1
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    You know can't help but wonder what would've happened if they wouldn't have said anything about this? I mean did anybody know before the announcement that there was 'a 90 minute window in which you could've claimed multiple rewards from raids'? Don't think so...they should've just stayed quiet and deal with it how they please and then, nobody would have known. Instead they've created this.

I mean, people found out before the announcement too though. Guildmates were sharing this among each other. There were forum posts since removed around the forum talking about it before the announcement. I also wouldn't be surprised if people found some really suspicious activity in the arena with players never seen before suddenly having many fully geared characters.

Then:

Tusken Shaman #neverforget
  • Sumtynnaztee
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    This is the last straw for me. I don't care what the Devs offer to "fix" this issue they are incompetent and don't deserve my money or time any longer. Good bye SWGoH community it was fun while it lasted.
  • Yansolo
    42 posts Member
    Personally I spent enough in this game to get echo, sunfac, b2, rex and many more ptp toons since last April. After repeated "mistakes", blunders and milking us further with elusive droid callers in shipments (the more you refresh the less they drop btw), now its time to put a stop to this non sense.

Not sure how many of you are upset to the point to call for a full refund of the game and definitively quit but as a temporary silent protest I have already stopped spending any real money in this game until a fair (not paid) solution has been found. I do enjoy this game I really do enjoy this game but enough is enough.

Complaining in these forums is a first step and good enough to raise their eyebrows but if you want them to actually care and find a viable solution you need to stop spending blindly <-- ftp until something changes
  • Yansolo wrote: »
    Personally I spent enough in this game to get echo, sunfac, b2, rex and many more ptp toons since last April. After repeated "mistakes", blunders and milking us further with elusive droid callers in shipments (the more you refresh the less they drop btw), now its time to put a stop to this non sense.

Not sure how many of you are upset to the point to call for a full refund of the game and definitively quit but as a temporary silent protest I have already stopped spending any real money in this game until a fair (not paid) solution has been found. I do enjoy this game I really do enjoy this game but enough is enough.

Complaining in these forums is a first step and good enough to raise their eyebrows but if you want them to actually care and find a viable solution you need to stop spending blindly <-- ftp until something changes

This is actually good. I really want this game to succeed though. I hope the devs don't just drop this game if all the whales suddenly just decided to go all FTP though.
  • Han_Brolo81
    518 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Sharkybyte wrote: »
    Yansolo wrote: »

This is actually good. I really want this game to succeed though. I hope the devs don't just drop this game if all the whales suddenly just decided to go all FTP though.

If everyone demands full refunds it would be even worse. It would be literally millions of dollars paid out. It wouldn't hurt EA a dang bit but it would absolutely break this game. Maybe even get pulled.

• EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

I am speaking with the game team tonight, but likely won't have a full update until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. It was my understanding that all rewards that were claimed multiple times during the window where there was an error would be removed.

Please be patient as I highly doubt it was intended for all of those rewards to stay with the players. I'll report back tomorrow once I have all the details.

Thanks.

Thank you, Jesse. Hopefully, @CG_JohnSalera and the rest of the EA/CG team can pull together and give this a prompt and just resolution.
  • 4kant
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Like the guild leaders, we need to have a council that works smooth to prevent the guild from problems and to solve problems quickly. like EA/CG is the council of the community, they need a good working team of "officers" to fix problems and keep the community happy. Main ingredient of having a good guild and council is listen to the members and proper communication. Also everybody makes mistakes, but if you don't acknowledge it or don't keep the "guild" up to date like EA and CG is doing now you get a broken leadership and eventually you lose players with ending up a failing game that started so great. @CG_JohnSalera you are like a guild leader, @EA_Jesse is the community voice but if you mess it up big time multiple times in a row then please, @CG_JohnSalera take action and talk to us, because its like having a bike with great Tires, shiny wheels, good brakes and gears, nice lights but a bend and broken frame, because of that you still can't use the bike properly. You need to fix the frame before you add the luxurious extras. I.e. fix the broken mechanics, fix the bugs in mechanics, fix the leadership abilities, fix broken toons, fix the way of guild payout, fix the exploiters. As you see @CG_JohnSalera there is alot to fix. And "we" are feeling like you stepped beyond the border of our principles.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Better pour yourselves an XXXL size coffee with extra caffeine boost Jesse/team, as between this and the GBC debacle you and the fellas are in for a long week. Welcome to H-E-double hockey sticks.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    dough wrote: »
    Better pour yourselves an XXXL size coffee with extra caffeine boost Jesse/team, as between this and the GBC debacle you and the fellas are in for a long week. Welcome to H-E-double hockey sticks.

Nah I bet theyre gonna relax and not
    care like normal. I hope im wrong but, they havent exactly had a great track record lately.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Palanthian wrote: »

Then:

Unlimited free raid gear: Strike dunking 5

Bravo! On point with the "strike 1, 2, etc..." As well a spectacular solution. And to add to that solution... One that doesn't line their pockets with more of the hard working people's money. Bc that's not a solution for us. It's basically them saying "sorry. But here you go. You now have a chance for this so long as you got the crystals and real cash to pay us for it"

I wouldn't consider myself a whale in this game by any means. I don't have the luxury to be one of them. However, I have spent a decent amount of money on this game for my current life situation. Probably more than I should at times. So yes, no matter if you're p2p, f2p or somewhere in between free and whale, there are way to many issues happening. As well as many that just aren't being fixed.
  • darkside
    287 posts Member
    If the gear isn't removed I'm out.

+1
  • I've put in a decent amount of money into this game, it's time the honest players were compensated
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member

Your posts make you sound very naive. Maybe you are young, I mean no disrespect.

How come? This could've been swept under the rug easily. Just like the pre-craft issue they announced one day before. I don't consider pre-craft an issue since furnaces were introduced. Guild hopping and alt factory...the dev said it was allowed so again, no issue there. What 'strikes' are you talking about?

This could be easily fixed by giving everyone couple of unobtainbale items and crystals. And by banning those that exploited what seems 200+ raids. Even so we don't know the scale of which this has been exploited. 90 minute window compared to 1 day window for pre-crafting (which the devs said was made by 1% of the players)...i can emphatize with people, but let's not get too ridiculous here.
  • They really dropped the ball with this glitch... it's actually getting sad now. Infinite raid gear for a 90 minute period...
    #saveourwhales
    #saveourgame
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Average exploiter:
    160627094036764691.jpg

MichaelJacksonEatingPopcorn.gif~c200

please ban them already
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    They really dropped the ball with this glitch... it's actually getting sad now. Infinite raid gear for a 90 minute period...
    #saveourwhales
    #saveourgame

This game will be fine as 99% of the whales aren't visiting the forums. Regardless of their decision, i would venture to guess most of the whales that are on forum will continue to play the game. But at the same time i saw a pic of one guy who completed 237 raids and that is just not right.

Then:

+1
This discussion has been closed.