Limited without Rey!

Prev13
Anybody else feel they are or have been forced to get Rey to become competitive in their raid leaderboard?

Nor do I have Geonosian Soldier, Without either of these two I am unable to even break 190k Damage in one attack whereas my fellow guild members run either one or both of them and record damage up to 600k for one attack.

My only choice to advance and gain a higher ranking in the raid, is of course to get Rey! Until that time I must remain down in the bottom spots.

Anyone else in this situation?

Inglorious Blasters I Guild Leader I 'We drink a lot of tea.'

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    no, i have rey full max and still dont finish high in raids.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ChrisJBB8
    57 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yes, I am in the same boat without Rey, Geo Soldier and QGJ so my damage output is pretty low where I typically finish between 20-30 in the raids. Which is why I started farming QGJ as soon as the raids came out and I found out how useful he is. Yesterday I just started farming Rey because I'm tired of where I'm finishing and would like to do better. Geo Soldier will be on the list after I finish up another farm in Cantina Battles.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    If you want high damage in raids, Rey is a small part of the answer. Most important are Teebo/EE/Ewok scout/QGJ.
  • Options
    you dont have some of the best dd ingame .. rey and gs .. and you really wonder why you dont do much dmg..?
    you are limited without dds for doing dmg, yes you are right..
    what a thread..

some ppl..
  • Options
    you dont have some of the best dd ingame .. rey and gs .. and you really wonder why you dont do much dmg..?
    you are limited without dds for doing dmg, yes you are right..
    what a thread..

some ppl..

Well done for pointing out I dont have the best dd on the game, I dont wonder why I dont do much dmg, I know why! I am stating the fact that my options are very limited to overcome the problem.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Anybody else feel they are or have been forced to get Rey to become competitive in their raid leaderboard?

Nor do I have Geonosian Soldier, Without either of these two I am unable to even break 190k Damage in one attack whereas my fellow guild members run either one or both of them and record damage up to 600k for one attack.

My only choice to advance and gain a higher ranking in the raid, is of course to get Rey! Until that time I must remain down in the bottom spots.

You dont need Rey for Raids when you have a Max Teebo
  • Options
    Since Rey is so easily farmed, I don't see why you wouldn't just get her.

Kinda like the hundreds of people you're complaining about just did.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options

Honestly i really dislike how we get "forced" to farm specific characters to be competitive ... i would rather like to farm my movie-/series-favorites and be competitive with them alone, but sorry, thats not ...

So ya, i felt limited without Rey, thats why i farmed her and why i use her now in almost every single part in the game (arena, raid, light side battle, cantina battle, gw, challenges, whatever is possible)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    CatoNines wrote: »
    Since Rey is so easily farmed, I don't see why you wouldn't just get her.

Kinda like the hundreds of people you're complaining about just did.

I am farming her + I ain't complaining about people.
  • BastilaDhan
    163 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Achilles this is exactly what I mean! Before the raids I had no intention of getting Rey and now shes my primary focus because of the raids.

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    It's true. Rey, QGJ, GS, IG-86/88, Leia...
    These ftp, easily-unlocked-for-anyone characters can impact our ability to be competitive and do well in many aspects of this game.
    How can we ever resolve this?
    Please let us know if anyone figures out a solution to this riddle wrapped in an enigma.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    It's true. Rey, QGJ, GS, IG-86/88, Leia...
    These ftp, easily-unlocked-for-anyone characters can impact our ability to be competitive and do well in many aspects of this game.
    How can we ever resolve this?
    Please let us know if anyone figures out a solution to this riddle wrapped in an enigma.

Good Idea I shall just pull 330 Rey, QGJ, GS, IG-86/88, Leia shards from out of my hat and have them maxed by tea time.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @BastilaDhan So...you understand that you don't even have a place for Rey in the team if you want big damage or not yet?
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Were you competing just fine until this morning when suddenly everything changed?
    Those characters are good in almost every aspect of the game. If someone had no interest in earning them before, that's obviously your choice in how you play the game...you just can't act surprised when you decide today that you want to play competitively but don't have the characters to do so.

I've farmed close to that many characters to 7* since raids started two months ago. I didn't have Rey, GS was low level, I barely even knew that Ackbar existed, Ewoks weren't on my radar, etc.

This is done purposefully to maintain interest in the game. And chances are good that when a new raid comes out, some of those characters will remain effective and we will need to farm others. Its designed to keep us engaged enough to keep playing and improve our squads...and hopefully entice us to spend some money to become competitive faster.

At least there are lots of ftp characters that allow you to be competitive.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    @BastilaDhan So...you understand that you don't even have a place for Rey in the team if you want big damage or not yet?

Yes I have a place for her just waiting Rest of the team is great just missing the punch it needs !
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I think Alexone is trying to say that for REALLY big damage in raids, you need a strong phase 1 team. The most effective team for consists mostly of ewoks and does not include Rey.
    Those are the people that are getting 500k - 1 million plus in raids.
    A strong team with Rey will get you a lot less than that - but also a lot more than you are currently doing.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Dont have rey, dont want her....droid superiority complex.

Statement: You are limited with rey...limited to getting your hiney handed too you.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    It's takes time to farm shards. So your choices are grind them out or stay doing low damage. It's not GS,QGJ Rey's fault your damage is low. It's your fault for not farming them. Obviously you can't pull those toons out of a hat and start to compete damage wise with your guild but if you want more damage its gonna take time. I mean don't complain, whine or boohoo about it, you know what you need to do so go do it.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Yes I have a place for her just waiting Rest of the team is great just missing the punch it needs !

So not yet then.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I think Alexone is trying to say that for REALLY big damage in raids, you need a strong phase 1 team. The most effective team for consists mostly of ewoks and does not include Rey.
    Those are the people that are getting 500k - 1 million plus in raids.
    A strong team with Rey will get you a lot less than that - but also a lot more than you are currently doing.

This
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I hate Rey and GS, have neither of them above 5*.

Broke 400k for the first time yesterday with Teebo(L), Elder, Phasma, QGJ, HRS aka the F2P phase 1 team.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Were you competing just fine until this morning when suddenly everything changed?
    Those characters are good in almost every aspect of the game. If someone had no interest in earning them before, that's obviously your choice in how you play the game...you just can't act surprised when you decide today that you want to play competitively but don't have the characters to do so.

I've farmed close to that many characters to 7* since raids started two months ago. I didn't have Rey, GS was low level, I barely even knew that Ackbar existed, Ewoks weren't on my radar, etc.

This is done purposefully to maintain interest in the game. And chances are good that when a new raid comes out, some of those characters will remain effective and we will need to farm others. Its designed to keep us engaged enough to keep playing and improve our squads...and hopefully entice us to spend some money to become competitive faster.

At least there are lots of ftp characters that allow you to be competitive.

Well I have been trying to get the top spot from the very beginning, I have done 32 Raids now and always finished in the bottom half, and more recently bottom 15 which looks to me as if I am not progressing, so Its not all of a sudden I want to be the best, I have been finishing at #1 in Arena for over two months so no problems anywhere else. As soon as I have got 7 star Rey I know I will be in one of the top spots, I will jump 20-25 places pretty much overnight. I understand they want us to work on the lesser known characters out of the spotlight, I usually follow my interest in the characters as to who I work, but the higher rewards are needed to be able to work on them.
  • Options
    I skipped all the other comments because I'm just answering OP's question.

Yes, I do. I don't mind it though, she's fun.

That being said, she's the only lumberjack in the game that chops trees. If you don't have her, maxed, you can never be competitive. Sure other toons are high damage, but most varying damage (i.e. Leia, FOTP, etc.) Rey consistently and reliably hits HARD. And with the growing healthpools (Sun Fac, Dengar, Vader, etc.) she's going to be needed more than ever if they don't boost damage to some other characters soon.

Raids? No Rey? No top 3. That's the truth.

Moral of the story: Don't nerf her. Everyone works hard to get her. She's a TON of fun to use. But at the end of the day...you do need her.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »

False.
  • Lithalan
    153 posts Member
    Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »

Moral of the story: Don't nerf her. Everyone works hard to get her. She's a TON of fun to use. But at the end of the day...you do need her.

She does not need nerfing.

However, you can certainly score #1 in a T7 raid without using Rey. I've seen it happen in my guild. And no one took more than one or two attacks the whole raid. It's a complete and utter fallacy that you absolutely must have her to be competitive. Does she help? Sure. Is she 100% necessary. Nope.

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options

Well, what dps characters did you max out? Rey is admittedly the best single target dps but there are other options. Did you get droids? FOTP? Lando? Anakin? Ahsoka can put out respectable damage with an Anakin lead. Leia?
  • Options
    I have Rey completely at max gear. She's on my B or C team for raids. We do tier 6. We are waiting for a few to catch up a little to do heroic. I can do over 4 million damage and nearly solo phase 1 (get bored after awhile) tier 6 with Teebo lead, QGJ, Elder, Chirpa, and 5s. I don't use Rey on phase 1 and she's on my B or C team for other phases. She doesn't offer much utility in raids. Key to most phases of raids is TM and speed control, not damage. If you do a lot of damage but don't reduce TM or boost your team in some way, then you are just adding TM to captain or rancor. That makes the fight over faster. Just saying, Rey is an awesome toon. I like her a lot, but she's not the most important toon for raids.
  • Options
    My Rey is completely maxed. There isn't a single thing I can do to make her better. With that being said I am still missing toons like GS & ewoks to help me in raids damage wise. I normally average anywhere from 17-25 in T7 raids. Don't get me wrong she does help with damage but having ewoks for instance will help more with damage than Rey will.

I don't understand why people single her out and make her the scapegoat of all their problems. In arena she is easily stunned,easily killed and easy to beat. Extremely easy with Anakin now. In raids you don't "have to have her" to do the best damage.

It's all about who you use and knowing how to play them. When are people going to ever understand this?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

I don't understand why people single her out and make her the scapegoat of all their problems. In arena she is easily stunned,easily killed and easy to beat. Extremely easy with Anakin now. In raids you don't "have to have her" to do the best damage.

Because they're undergeared and it's easy for them to ask for unwarranted nerfs.
  • Options
    I don't see what the problem is. Rey is available so why not just get her. I did not feel "forced" to farm her, I just did it because it was a smart thing to do. She does the most damage in raids on my team. I'm lvl 67 and place 3rd and 2nd in my guild next to level 80 players. So, yes she makes it easier, but why is that a bad thing?