Limited without Rey!

Replies

• darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people single her out and make her the scapegoat of all their problems. In arena she is easily stunned,easily killed and easy to beat.

I love this
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    CatoNines wrote: »
    Since Rey is so easily farmed, I don't see why you wouldn't just get her.

Kinda like the hundreds of people you're complaining about just did.

Not complaining, but maybe because time spent farming Rey is fine away from a character you otherwise would of wanted.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »

Not complaining, but maybe because time spent farming Rey is fine away from a character you otherwise would of wanted.

If you think that other character is going to benefit you more then farm it instead. Set your priorities and live with them.
  • Options
    The point of the game is to collect and level toons..... All the different events etc are to encourage that. When they made this raid (which is the first of several they are going to come out with) in order to give you a new goal to work for in characters. You need certain characters in order to do well in the event (same with rebels for empire event or scoundrels for that event or Jedi for the yoda event...) why not collect another character who happens to be really good? Or you can be stubborn and miss out on rewards... Your choice! You open yourself up to the rewards of you invest but disqualify yourself by choosing not to participate...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

If you think that other character is going to benefit you more then farm it instead. Set your priorities and live with them.

That isn't a valid argument though. If one character is so good that it negates other characters, then it's a problem. But instead of trying to access the problem, people just join it and it's why all arena teams are nearly identical.

Again, not complaining. I'm fine with my decision not to farm her. Just saying.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Couldn't you just post this in the megathread along with the other lvl 70 gear 7 rey users that are out there to nerf her because; you know nothing Jon Snow?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options

That isn't a valid argument though. If one character is so good that it negates other characters, then it's a problem. But instead of trying to access the problem, people just join it and it's why all arena teams are nearly identical.

Just saying, you can say that about lots of toons. Are we "forced" to farm Lando in order to do well in the Scoundrel Event, at the cost of other toons? Well maybe, if that is how you want to look at it.
  • Options
    I don't have Rey. I don't have gs. The only g9 toons I have are teebo and JE.
    My plan was to farm JE to 7*. Check!
    Then get Rey.
    Finish ST Han in arena...so close!
    Work on Leia.
    Get poggle to 7* Check!
    Then work on magma guy
    Farm my Jawa up to 7* on cantina
    Wellllll...ea releases dengar and makes him f2p
    possible AND release a scoundrel only event.
    Sooooo, my plans changed. What do I do? I have one scoundrel...chewy!
    So I have a new quest: after sthan get greedo. Get cad bane
    Get dengar
    Get that smooth silky SOB named Lando in cantina.

My point!!!?? Win or lose I am my own challenger and I make it about collecting and having fun. Not about being number one in anything!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

Just saying, you can say that about lots of toons. Are we "forced" to farm Lando in order to do well in the Scoundrel Event, at the cost of other toons? Well maybe, if that is how you want to look at it.

Lando isn't nearly as strong as Rey. And the Scoundrel Event isn't nearly as influential on progression as Arena.

Ok maybe I'm complaining now :wink:
    Rey is too much. Super fast strongest attack and foresight. But I'll surely get attacked now by the hordes of people who farmed Rey and dry she's fine because they combat Rey with Rey. and tag there's other ways to counter her, no one character in invincible obviously. But I digress, I don't want to go further down this conversation. You can win, good sir.
  • Options
    A tiny bit off topic but they really need to make assists hit characters with foresight. It makes no sense that the second hits from a different character misses while second hits from the same character connect.
  • Obsid
    108 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I wouldnt mind seeing at least a 5% nerf to ray's damage per second. If you cut her DPS by 28%, that would put her about equal with FOTP which is the next highest DPS character in the game. Looking at the DPS graph of characters with rey on it is just silly: 0414-2.png
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin is actually taken her place in my leader board this is scary lol
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Obsid wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind seeing at least a 5% nerf to ray's damage per second. If you cut her DPS by 28%, that would put her about equal with FOTP which is the next highest DPS character in the game. Looking at the DPS graph of characters with ray on it is just silly: 0414-2.png

This chart is bologna...never seen rey base atk for 14k...i have seen 88 base atk at 14k... grevious vase atk is way more than 3k...throw that chart away
  • Obsid
    108 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    This chart is bologna...never seen rey base atk for 14k...i have seen 88 base atk at 14k... grevious vase atk is way more than 3k...throw that chart away
    The chart is not damage per attack, its damage per second (technically its damage * speed, and rey is very fast compared to some other chars)

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    By that standard JE is best dps because his speed is fastest and he can b stack multiple bombs on same person....
  • Obsid
    108 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    By that standard JE is best dps because his speed is fastest and he can b stack multiple bombs on same person....

But how much damage do those bombs do? Not much. You have to take into account both speed (how fast they attack) and damage (how much each of those attacks do)

PS. And Rey is actually faster (Rey speed is 164, JE speed is 153)

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    9-12k per bomb...quite a bit actually...
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    JE speed is 187 on my screen
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    I dont mean to come across as a meanie...back to thread title...whoever is telling you you MUST have rey or your too limited is full of it.
  • Obsid
    108 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    And sorry, I was looking at the base speed (not counting JE's unique). Maybe JE does a lot of damage per second, I dont know it would take me a while to find out and then you have to consider potency which is hard, and he is usually target #1 in arena for his ability to res anyway. I'll see if I can look into JE more (I don't think he is on that graph).
  • Options
    I don't have them and do fine. Just started farming her though.
  • Options
    you dont have some of the best dd ingame .. rey and gs .. and you really wonder why you dont do much dmg..?
    you are limited without dds for doing dmg, yes you are right..
    what a thread..

some ppl..

Well done for pointing out I dont have the best dd on the game, I dont wonder why I dont do much dmg, I know why! I am stating the fact that my options are very limited to overcome the problem.

This is true, they need to add more pure dps toons.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Oh JE is not best dps by a longshot he is excellent support...but best raid dps ive seen is from woks+speed down from whoever (fives/rg/jawa) my droids can do insane dmg fast, and i get insane dmg from vader w 88/boba leads ive got half a mil from vader alone with 88 lead but....and big but...thats a t5 raid from small (12 members) guild avg about 2.5/3 mill with woks + fives dont have rey dont need her i didnt think she synergized with anyone well and i still do.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    With teebo lead broken idk how raid will go now since that was easiest way to do phase 2 and 3
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    I think you should just farm snowtrooper. He is the future. Get ahead of the meta.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Wha...and miss out on dengar?
  • Obsid
    108 posts Member
    Options
    With teebo lead broken idk how raid will go now since that was easiest way to do phase 2 and 3

They reverted the change to teebo, he should be back to the way he was.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Woo hoo...teebo L jawa fives chirpa elder was getting me about 2 mil on phase 2 and 3.
  • Options
    I don't run Rey or GS and am usually #1 n my guild and top ten in the arena. There are other ways....
  • VeridianShakes
    1118 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Rey? Necessary for big raid damage? Pfffft. She has no place there.

KWllnDj.jpg