Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Lol. That's been my biggest fear in GW, getting to the end and not getting the easy teams and not being prepared for it.
  • HZS
    0 posts Member
    Options
    GW,is just stupid hard, I have 16 characters 7 star, Lvl 80 and haven't been able to complete all the nodes in months! It is Impossible to complete GW, make it challenging but not impossible
  • Options
    Get better. There's always room for improvement and clearly you haven't improved enough in months.

Also if you're gonna complain about GW, how about being constructive and asking for advice when you approach a strong team. Maybe you're just doing something wrong and people can offer good insight. Don't just blame the game mode for your lack of success.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Get your TM pre loaded before the hard nodes, you'll be ight
  • Options
    Node 9 was as far as I could get today. Took 3 teams to take out ep, biggs, and wedge. Left me with sth and lando leader. Quickly went through another 4 teams of level 80 toons and didn't even finish. It's not hard. It's not challenging, it's impossible. I pre load a and b teams with turn meter. Tried em both, and switched em up. Used a suicide squad. And still 2 toons were better than the rest of my 20 level 80, mostly max health mods, minimum gear 7 toons.
  • Options
    Got stuck at node 8 with a 10,000 power Sun Fac. Lol. These EA devs are actually making it harder. Actually lost a guy at node 3. As for the **** suggesting we "git gud", go away.
  • Options
    Yesterday node 6 killed off my A team... Stupid EP lead!
    But somehow I managed to get past them (had to lose my Rebel team) and still managed to beat GW... Crazy. Once in a while something terrible happens, but it isn't the end. IDK how I managed, probably my Empire team.
  • Options
    I have just shy of 30 7* toons above level 70. I am a top 200 arena player while leaving my power under 35k (intentionally)

It is currently impossible for me to beat gw. It doesnt matter what line up i use, what order i stack. How good my synergy is. One of three things happen

1. They tank me out and kill my healer/dps
    2. I rng myself out
    3. They rng me to death/stun lock me

I never realized how annoying this line up could be till i fought it every gw for the last 5 weeks.
    St han (l), daka, ray, qgj, rg.

It is an rng nightmare, and is as of yet undefeatable.

I wouldnt care to not beat gw if it didnt matter. But its one of the most important resource gatherer in the game.... come on.

And while im fizzing, i cant stand a game that punishes you for getting stronger. Its utter malarkey.
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Options
    After playing every day for 6 months straight the gw should NOT become impossible to complete...I should be rewarded for better stronger toons and money and time spent, not penalized. I can't get by level 6 without losing top toons which is B...S......these new designed nodes DO NOT allow me to complete GW...YOU WILL lose me as client if this continues. Don't mind the upgrades but a team of 9000+ toons at level 6 is STUPID...bye bye if Ea continues this. You won't get my Money
  • Options
    For F. Sakes! CG why did guys make node 12 hard again! You guys been pretty good with recovering from the Mod Fiasco and now you pull **** again with GW. Having a difficult node 6,9,11 is enough! With node 12 being a hard arena team, GW is impossible again. Come on guys........ wth...
  • Options
    Got stopped at node 6 again. My guys level 80, tier 9-11 gear. the AI? Much lower, but they win. They buffed AI (speed, dodge, etc.), made match ups harder, and now nerfed our buffs. There's an accurate way to describe the people who constantly move the goalposts like this. I can't say it, because I'm being stalked by a fan boy moderator. Can anyone help me and say it? We're all thinking it, right?
  • Options
    As more money I put in this game to try to win these GW battles, it seems I am getting harder and harder node to conquer. Some time you are facing a a squad that has max out gear and mod that will wipe out several of my max gear/mod squads without be able to dent that squad a bit.

I guess I will have to stay away from this game to prevent further heart ache, frustration and continue bleeding on my wallet.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Well I have passed the threshold and no longer getting easy node 12 team. My node 12 team today was back to being an unbeatable monster!!

I have 6 GW teams - all 7* lvl 80, gear 8-10 (except Vader who is at 6*). So my roster is good - it's just GW.

It really is flawed.

Everyone complained about it then stopped when they were getting the easy node 12, now everyone is getting harder teams again the more they upgrade their roster - now everyone is back to complaining again.

Sure you can keep upgrading - it may get easier (for a while) but will inevitably be back to frustratingly difficult before you can say BOO.

The Dev team seems to be leading a donkey with a carrot on this one - and we are all falling for it, to spend money or whatever to upgrade to beat it and then the carrot/victory gets pulled further away.

This is cheap designing and makes GW absolutely stupid, frustrating, time consuming, a daily chore and completely - not fun.

What happens to a game when its player base no longer finds the game fun???...
  • Spkv2
    22 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I literally hate GW and sorry I even tried it again after 3 months not even bothering...
    How many times do people have to say!
    GET RID of the protection!!!!!!!
    It is redundant and unnecessary feature. Just take it out and replace with normal HP. But just get rid of it........l
    NOTHING is worse than facing fully charged GW opponents each and every time. While your useless protection is gone after 2 or 3rd battle.
    If I am going to get crushed at least let the playing field be equal and fare! But this...... This bites..

• Options
    Guys, dear Devs.. I get it, really, you already said that galactic war is meant to be HARD, but this is ridiculus... It should be hard, not Nearly impossible... My guild mates and me are having annoying days and we are happy if we can won 1 galactic war per week and that is a very bad average. I'm sure I am not alone with my opinion so please do some ballancing on that part :(
  • Options
    Pff my top squad has 33k power and im facing 43k enemys.. And ialwayscomplete gw.. Get droids!
  • Options
    ArglosH wrote: »
    Pff my top squad has 33k power and im facing 43k enemys.. And ialwayscomplete gw.. Get droids!

Since last week there is always palps at node 12
  • Options

Since last week there is always palps at node 12

Heh, faced a pure Empire team on last node with EP lead last week, followed buy a droid team the next day...

You are correct, Droids do the job, been weeks since I have not completed GW

• Options
    The new update made node 12 another arena team with the update without telling us. Now I can't finish GW it is now impossible. I used to face arena team in node 6,9, and 11. With 12 like that now, I just don't habe a whale's roster to finish it.

@EA_Jesse
  • Options
    The new update made node 12 another arena team with the update without telling us. Now I can't finish GW it is now impossible. I used to face arena team in node 6,9, and 11. With 12 like that now, I just don't habe a whale's roster to finish it.

@EA_Jesse

Here is what my buddy does...

On the last node, he will throw in some weak characters to either knock off protection or get the enemy team to use their specials. Then throw in his main team to finish them off.

Another tip: If the fight starts off bad with some horrible numbers... Retreat and start over. The sprocket in the top left corner. Try it when things go wrong.
  • Options

@EA_Jesse

Here is what my buddy does...

On the last node, he will throw in some weak characters to either knock off protection or get the enemy team to use their specials. Then throw in his main team to finish them off.

Another tip: If the fight starts off bad with some horrible numbers... Retreat and start over. The sprocket in the top left corner. Try it when things go wrong.

Just to add that is good idea before you upgrade (star/gear) some of your arena toons upgrade some of others - this way is easier to handle increased difficulty of GW caused by increasing your arena power
  • Options

yeah, sure...will do that in a few months........ :) you might have the money to buy a whole team in days...me and others don't :) but thanks for the tip anyway, will work on the long run hopefully :)
  • JamDev
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Another vote for 'get droids!' decent droid team will clear GW in 15 mins, specially if you have a Jawa Engineer to go with them.

It also gets a lot easier once your arena power score gets up to a certain level, at around 38-39k or so you start getting trash teams on node 12 which makes it a breeze.
  • Options
    Get Ewoks, fixed.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Once you get 10geared toons is a 10min walkover. Its incredibly undertuned at max level, so have faith; it will only get better
  • Options
    A strategy tip. Use different teams in the first 4-5 nodes. Make sure to end each with you specials refreshed. These teams will retain their turn meter and make them much more effective, even if they lose protection and health, when you need to put them in as a suicide squad. Then put one in first against the hardest nodes (6,9, 11 and possibly 12 if your arena power is not high). This will allow them to get in some hits before they get killed off and really weaken the strong team you are facing.

Having a couple geared tanks will also work wonders, but that takes time.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Here is a tactic I use to great effect:

For nodes 1-5, I run a squad of AckBar-Leia-Rey, and two others...

My goal for the chars in two last slots is to have them finish the battle with no-cooldowns(i.e. do not use specials in the battle), and at least 50% TM. Then swap them out.

I do this with:

G-Guard
    Chewie
    Poe

Later for node 11-12, I can add them to my squad, and they can tank before my enemy moves. Giving me a useful advantage.

This tactic is also useful for any slow support char I.E. Again the idea is to give them TM in an easy early battle so that they can move early when used later.

ST-Han - TM/tanking
    Plasma - TM
    Talia - Can give TM and Heal Squad, and acts like fodder as AI targets Her.
    Old Ben - Off-down, Ability Block

I do not have the Biggest Squad, MY arena NW is 38k, Small, but also high enough I see the big boys on nodes 6, 11-12. But I still defeat them thanks to the above tactic.

• Options
    We have the tm advantage to overcome protection.

Sometime TM advantage is enough to kill the most dangerous char. Then it's easier.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I got a team with over 9k (almost 10k) of power per toon as the opposing team at node 12.

My maxed top team couldn't even bring one of the opposing team members down.

I love a challenge - but when EA puts teams like this to face off against it really is poor game design. I mean - teams with that power literally do not exist!!!!

People on the forums think they have gear 11 - but gear 11 doesn't exist yet. Your gear screen states you are at gear x (which is 10) and you are working on gear 11 (which is XI - for those who seemingly do not read Roman Numerals).

This team at node 12 was either on gear 11 and on its way to if not already at gear 12!!!

How is it fair to create a difficulty that is completely unmatched and not possible to at least be on par with?

There's a word for it...CHEATING.

EA is cheating to make GW seemingly "challenging" and "working as intended" - what utter nonsense. @CG_LucifersDaddy you have been notified of a cheater in the game.
  • xdecide
    114 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The plan from EA is to make GW hard so u buy all these overpriced mods and "awesome" gear bundles that are totally worth it ..right?
    Post edited by Zalenira on