Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    He's still broken too isn't he?
    Ally Code 299-731-212
  • Options
    Stopped playing for a couple months and decided to play again. What are some of the most important characters I should farm right now and what should I focus my recources on. Also teams shiuld I work toward building for squad arena/GW/whatever else they added?
  • scuba
    14182 posts Member
    Options
    Ny5KguX.jpg
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    On my shard, Arena: Annakin, Lando, Wedge/Biggs, ST Han, EP, RG, B2, Rex, Fac, Shoretrooper.

With latest patch, QGJ and Yoda appear to be viable, again. Probably in anticipation of Shoretrooper taking over arena any day now. He's already on first place teams at only 3 stars on my shard, running under Rex lead on two teams.

For Raid team, stay tuned. Tank raid is supposed to be here, tomorrow.
  • Options
    Ok thanks. My best characters currently are qui-gon, fives, Luminara, geonosian soldier, JC, sidious, and royal guard. Any of them still somewhat viable or have they all been nerfed?
  • Options
    Qui gon RG and geonosian soldier are still reasonably good, fives is also useful for raids. Luminara can be good but isn't what she was and JC and sidious are no go's. my advice is to farm StHan and lando because the sooner you can complete the last tier of the credit heist the better, they're both good toons for arena also
  • Options
    Weirdly, a lot of Lumi-led teams have been popping up. Evasion I guess. But yeah, you still see QGJ, RG, and Fives all over the place.
  • Options
    QGJ got a buff/fix. Assist attack supposedly gives the 75% offense it is supposed to. I have just pulled him out of deep freeze, and so far, so good.

Royal guard is still meta, but EP and B2 can both block his auto-taunt, now.

Luminara is kinda back in the game, at least a little. Because of Lando/Wedge AOE healing CAN be useful once in awhile, and Evasion can help against Lando. I mean it gives you an RNG chance, anyhow.

5's is still good... if you have Rex and/or Fac.

GS can be viable dps if you have 3 or 4 of the aforementioned meta toons. For instance, Wiggs, GS, QGJ, RG could work ok in arena, I suppose.

JC and sidious are... hmm, I haven't seen those guys in top tier arena like ever.

What you missed: Droids are dead. If you have trouble beating droids, lol, just pm me.
    Wiggs is now speed king. Biggs ohko almost anyone under 45K health and protection before you can act.
    Rex is all kinds of annoying paired with lando... and/or EP... basically you need Wiggs to beat Rex, anymore (IMO).
    EP lead is viable with enough speed mods and ST Han. But essentially Wiggs and Rex are ruling the roost, anymore, on my shard. I think most people will agree.
  • Options
    Why luminara, I see a lot of mentions but she seems useless? Rex and SF are the best all around. For ftp JKA, wiggs, and Lando are dominate
  • Options
    Also QGJ who I can't seem to replace
  • Options
    I agree and it makes me sad panda
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    QGJ was next to useless for me, up until now. Shoretrooper and QGJ buff make me take a second look.
    Lumi, see my last post. I think she useful against lando teams, where you can't kill/stun/block lando cuz of shoretrooper/rex/etc. Yeah, there are better toons, but if you don't have them, Lumi gives you an RNG chance. I have used Lumi lead to beat Rex/Shoretrooper, and when I left her in I only dropped to 11 overnight. That was weird, cuz I usually drop to 20's, haha. I have since found a better combo for Rex/Shore/Lando, though. I think. (Wiggs with QGJ).
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Ny5KguX.jpg

Well played, sir lol
  • Options
    Jedi6371 wrote: »
    Why luminara, I see a lot of mentions but she seems useless? Rex and SF are the best all around. For ftp JKA, wiggs, and Lando are dominate

They either upped dodge or "fixed" it. I ran into a Lumi lead w Rey and she dodged 2 AOE and two out of 3 of Biggs triple attack. It's still very RNG but sometimes it can get annoying.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate?

What does that make us?

Absolutely nothing!
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I would like player controlled pvp to stay in another game, thanks. I like the single player-ness how it is. Guilds are more than enough "multiplayer" or whatever for me. Just my $.02

Edit: typos
  • NotMatt
    68 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Running Teebo Lead along with Phasma, QGJ, Cad Bane (special attack for turn meter reduce) and Yoda and by the time the rancor gets a turn escape is available.
    But yes speed and potency mods are a must with teebo. The trick is to make him faster than the rancor
  • Options
    Ny5KguX.jpg

You've shown him off in like 5 different threads.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Ny5KguX.jpg

You've shown him off in like 5 different threads.

And it's still funny...ijs.
  • Options
    The complexity and operational costs are much higher than the current implemented system. I doubt it ever happens. The current model is already very profitable so people in charge wouldn't see any reason to add the additional cost for limited returns. That's how I would see it if I was the PM.
  • Options
    Just posted this in another thread but it fits here.

If you have dengar you wont need 70%. Tenacity down renders potency useless (base 15% resist chance applies) so i swapped out 4 potency mods for 4 speed mods on teebo. My teebo is at 167 speed and 49% potency now and i can clear p1 and most of p2 no trouble. I find 49% reliably works on captain regardless of tenacity down anyway. I left on the potency potency cross which is only 3*. And thats without unlocking 5*speed and potency mods.

If you dont land potency down initially just back out and start again. You'll have lots of times when teebo drops stealth or gets resisted or dodged regardless, so the more chances to hit the better. Once you get to rancor the door guarantees tenacity down.

I run teebo qgj ee dengar and 5s.
  • Options
    OP, click on your arena rankings and look at the top 20. And behold the mighty Ugnaught that has taken over your shard.
  • Options
    And B2, don't forget that annoying toon. Paired with wiggs and sthan + another (JKA, EP, Lando, etc) it's an ultra hard team to beat.
    Seeing B2 go round after round defuffing is a show
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Look what a nice team I've got today
    my Arena team has 38237 power and I am still 80 level :smile:
    FTCcHmt.png

EDIT: I wish I have it :smile:
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    FTCcHmt.png

Yup, the addition of Level 81 teams is going to make some Level 80 players' Nodes 11 and 12 crazy again.

I am already Level 81 but I've also noticed GW has gotten more challenging. That said, with good strategy I still can complete the whole thing in about half an hour.

Takes a deep, versatile roster that is well-modded.
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    pargame wrote: »
    FTCcHmt.png

Yup, the addition of Level 81 teams is going to make some Level 80 players' Nodes 11 and 12 crazy again.

I am already Level 81 but I've also noticed GW has gotten more challenging. That said, with good strategy I still can complete the whole thing in about half an hour.

Takes a deep, versatile roster that is well-modded.

it took me 4 teams :smile:
    1. sacrifice - just to get specials
    2. My Best - kill QGJ, Sun Fac and I think Rex
    3. Jedi Evasion - kill Aayala
    4. Teebo lead - kill Fives

:smile:
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

This is such a bad video - painful to watch. The person who created this video should have written a script before talking because he is not a good speaker at all.

Basically: Lets have Obi Wan as the new Raid toon because he would have awesome synergy with Anakin. - what a great and obvious idea. Was it worth making a video about?... No.

Secondly - what is this post even doing in the GW megathread???
  • Options
    I can't get past the 2nd node in GW lately. I run:

Tusken Raider (Lead)
    Stormtrooper
    Talia
    Goremean Gaurd
    Savage Opress

All are 3 star but savage is 4 stars. Please help ASAP.
  • Options
    Please change the setup. I'm so tired of facing the same teams over and over. It started just node 11 and 12 with overpowered EP, RG, Rey, and then 3 other players rotate in the other two slots. Now it's almost all 12 nodes. This doesn't count as variety and makes me sick by node 6.