Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    Fraid to say but was always going to happen when the level cap was raised
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm not sure if you're already doing this... but here's a suggestion: Start with your C team... Play them until they're dead (ideally you can get them to Node 6). Then bring in your B team and play them till they're dead (ideally you can get them to node 9/10). Then close with your A team. This worked for me when I was having issues with GW. This ensures your A team has full protection for the last few nodes.

Conversely, you can start with your A team on Node 1 (give them the Turn Meter Advantage), then do the above starting at node 2.
  • Options
    You can't get better in this game because when u start to think your getting there they knock you down. And hold you there.
  • Options
    You need different toons man. It's not unbeatable, blame that wiggs/lando meta sat at the top of every arena shard. If you ain't about to go whaling the best advice is invest in droids & jawa. All ftp. You need hk lead, 86, 88, Nebbitt & JE. Omegas everywhere you can & as much speed in JE as possible. I clear GW everyday, 20-25mins, ONE TEAM. At most I'll lose nebbitt around node 10/11 & sub in Dathcha for the surprise node 12 (Easy the last 3 days & suddenly Hard today, all lvl 84 & modded. Still beaten easily.)
  • Options
    I do. Thanks for having a convo. The team they put up is impossible to get any shots in. So I can't stun reduce turn meter or anything. They just keep going and going and going. I back out switch teams or switch order and try again and the same thing over and over and over again. They've made it impossible.
  • Options
    It's not a quick solution but will pay dividends long term, especially as I can hit 2.2mil damage in p2 of the tank raid (t6) with that team now.
  • Options
    Although I finish everyday with almost my roster intact.

I can understand how frustrating it must be without a deep roster.

For some reason, they want you frustrated with the game, and have stated that galactic war is working as its intended. Sorry.

What can help you, is "pre loading turn meter" in the early nodes.
    This means in the first node you take your A team... crush the opposing team but leave with every special ready to use
    node 2 take your B team.. again trying to finish the node with special attacks being available to use on the next battle.
    you can do it for the first 5 nodes, if you have 5 teams...

Perhaps even with this it won't be enough some days, but it will help in some of them.

Good luck.
  • Options
    And once again y'all are assuming I DONT HAVE THE TOONS!!! I have most of all the toons you said. They are MAXED!!! I'm not playing LIGHT!!!
  • Options
    You could do what Tannjam suggested regarding TM advantage by using each team (A,B,C,D) on the first 4 nodes. I recommend D,C,B,A (so your A team is unscathed as 4 is super easy).

I would then use your C team to clear out the easy nodes (5,7,8,10). Use your B team on node 6 and 9 using filler from D when necessary. Then you can use your A team on 11 (if you have an easy mode 12) or your best combination from B-D teams.

Honestly, GW is easiest when using stuns and controlling TM. If you build a team right you can power through with one team every day. Good luck.
  • Options
    Didn't finish in over a week. By Node 12 my roster is depeleted so i don't even attempt it anymore to beat those Team Instinct Squads
  • Options
    I use Rebels on GW and finish it fairly well. Only probs are the "boss fights" even then I have some 7*s to back up if I lose anyone. Wedge Lead does well bc you don't need to have a healer on board.

Oh the teams I hate facing are shoretrooper/Sunfac/Rex teams. Any of those and I can't just go pew pew
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    And once again y'all are assuming I DONT HAVE THE TOONS!!! I have most of all the toons you said. They are MAXED!!! I'm not playing LIGHT!!!

there are 2 options: 1. you don't have the toons 2. you don't know how to play. Whether this is true or not doesn't matter, people will think it anyway.
    I'd prefer people to think i didn't have the toons rather than that i don't know how to play :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I finish it with one team everyday, and I'm not even getting the free 12th node anymore since the level cap raised.

EP, QGJ, Phasma, Rey, GS

Stuns and straight DPS on the nodes 6,9,11,12. Then use victory march and continue the onslaught after the initial wave. I use EP to shock RG, STH, SunFac so they can't tanut. Shock Anakin so he doesn't get full TM when I kill someone. With the TM advantage, you can take out most of the team before they get to go.

Every once in a while I'll throw in STH vs a counter team, and take the counter characters out while they beat on him.
  • Options
    Since the level cap increase, it has happened to me too. A superfast team that's both level and gearwise way out of my league. Some days are better. It's part of the game i guess, it should be very hard.
  • Options
    Thy can assume what they want. Do I claim to be an expert...No. am I willing to learn yes. But when 1 node takes out 40-50 toons maxed out then the rest of my toons that aren't yet. That's not right. There's something wrong. With all that fire power with that many toons, ones should be able to power through it losing some but not all. I couldn't even take out one! That's not right. That's called rigged. Soco thanks!
  • Cop1416
    235 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

/
  • Options
    You could do what Tannjam suggested regarding TM advantage by using each team (A,B,C,D) on the first 4 nodes. I recommend D,C,B,A (so your A team is unscathed as 4 is super easy).

I would then use your C team to clear out the easy nodes (5,7,8,10). Use your B team on node 6 and 9 using filler from D when necessary. Then you can use your A team on 11 (if you have an easy mode 12) or your best combination from B-D teams.

Honestly, GW is easiest when using stuns and controlling TM. If you build a team right you can power through with one team every day. Good luck.

Thanks
  • DarthMegaBex
    568 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    What was the team exactly? It seems like it's more of a priority issue on who to kill first. Btw on days where I get really hard nodes I keep retreating and seeing what actions change depending on what I do e.g. if this debuff works on that and, will it be evaded if I use this aoe first blah yes tedious but I want that 12th win lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    So much hate.

Sorry you feel so frustrated, it might help if you post some actual information about your toons and who you are going against.

Because all you say is you have good toons maxed, that's an opinion. I would say the same about my roster, the difference is I can beat GW, even when I get the surprise hard node 12 like I did last night.

You are getting some great general advise about building TM and how to move your teams I hope that helps.

If you are losing more then 2 teams (10 toons) in one node (as you say 40-50) you are doing something wrong, maybe your mods are not what they should be. Maybe your team is not balanced for your opponent. There's a lot of grey area around what you say. It's more helpful to give information when asking for help.
  • Options
    Once again. That would be great IF any of my toons could play! But no matter the line up or order THEY CANT PLAYi might get one hot or two and then the comp team starts in and just keep going and going and going. Between them stunning and knocking down my turn meters my toons CANT PLAY. THATS WHAT YALL DONT SEEM TO BE GETTING.
  • Options
    so we whine because we want the game to be challenging and then when they make it challenging we whine that it's too challenging? i'm confused.

i thought people didn't like games they could breeze right through.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    So much hate.

Sorry you feel so frustrated, it might help if you post some actual information about your toons and who you are going against.

Because all you say is you have good toons maxed, that's an opinion. I would say the same about my roster, the difference is I can beat GW, even when I get the surprise hard node 12 like I did last night.

You are getting some great general advise about building TM and how to move your teams I hope that helps.

If you are losing more then 2 teams (10 toons) in one node (as you say 40-50) you are doing something wrong, maybe your mods are not what they should be. Maybe your team is not balanced for your opponent. There's a lot of grey area around what you say. It's more helpful to give information when asking for help.

Believe me if I could show you my line up I would. I would gladly take constructive criticism. But all I see a lot of y'all post are abbreviations and such. With my learning style it doesn't compute lol. So that's my bad but I prob don't have the best toons but I have a good line up.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Once again. That would be great IF any of my toons could play! But no matter the line up or order THEY CANT PLAYi might get one hot or two and then the comp team starts in and just keep going and going and going. Between them stunning and knocking down my turn meters my toons CANT PLAY. THATS WHAT YALL DONT SEEM TO BE GETTING.

pre-loading TM doesnt only work for you own team, it also applies to the enemy team. Once your team gets beat, the next time you attempt that node the enemy team will start with TM bars filled up how you left them in the previous battle. Attempting such a node with a subpar team without TM pre loaded is going to be a disaster, no way to do anything about it at that point. Lesson learned for the next day.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    And putting up who I'm fighting? Do you know how much info that is???? So you want who their level? Mods they're using? Everything?
  • Options

Ok. Lets go step by step,

What team is giving you issues? and are the characters that you do have available (lvl/star/gear lvl)
  • Options
    Ok there's one of those abbreviations TM??? I'm assuming turn meter???
  • Options
    Ok there's one of those abbreviations TM??? I'm assuming turn meter???

That would be correct
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I understand you are having issues so I will just state this for the record: you are doing something wrong.
    Either you don't have the toons you are using correctly modded, or the toons you are using are not setup to face the team you are against.

Please post your top 3 gw teams and your worst opponent. Maybe we can help.

Are you building teams for the new raid? I have found a jedi retribution team can clear the first 5 or 6 nodes on auto, more if I control them.

That's leaves my droids and wiggs to mop up the rest.

I will throw in a scrub team to run at least 2 nodes with rg,ee, 5s, bariss, phasma. They can easily do 2/3 nodes on auto...
  • Options
    Okay so in that last post yoh wrote " once beat the enemy team will start with TM bars filled up how you left them in the previous battle"? So the Turn Meted will be full up. Or will be the same as in the previous battle when we left them?
  • Options
    And how does this help when they start with a full turn meter on the first battle and I CANT GET OFF A STRIKE against them! This is what's frustrating