Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

  • Drepd
    126 posts Member
    I am lvl 65 with 4 solid groups of lvl 65's (lvl 5-7 skills, lvl 6-8 gear 3-5* mods on most).

    my 2nd to last node I got:
    Lvl 76 7*Palpatine Maxed Strike, maxed leader, maxed doom, lvl 7 power darks idea, lvl 6 hate flow
    lvl 76 7*Royal Guard. lvl 6-7 skills
    lvl 77 5*Old Daka maxed blow, maxed unique, lvl 7 chant
    lvl 76 6*Vader all lvl 6-7 skills
    lvl 76 7*Sidious lvl 6-7 skills

    all of them also have lvl3-5* mods

    No matter what group I try to put together, they are all basically 2 shotted. lol.

    I'm all for some difficulty but this isn't difficult. it's impossible for any lvl 65 groups.


  • Do we need to get into several thousand posts before something gets changed? Several hundred pages of players going back and forth on how GW works and how to strategize apparently isn't enough. Why can't we have any dialogue with the developers in this forum?
  • Mithos wrote: »
    Mans_Yolo wrote: »

    We're talking about midgame with a small roster, not talking about your max level GW squads. My buddy who is totally casual autos GW ever day at level 85 but that's not relevant to the situation in OP, nor does the fact that the scaling is punishing in midgame mean I suck.

    You are right, thats not the part that means you suck, the part that means you suck is that there are plenty of mid game free toons/squads that would be able to beat gw. You simply cant beat it with your one squad that you randomly put together and are whining that its unbalanced...you arnt meant to beat it easily and there are toons and teams better made for it

    Fyi...mid game gw is way easier than end game gw, end game gw only gets easy after you have a few teams or just that well geared from raids, mid game only needs one well thought out squad to beat gw every day

    My mid game squad was jedi, you could also go rebels, droids, empire, revive teams work specially well in low lvls

    See you suck because instead of finding sumthing that works, you decided to complain that it needs rebalance and is unfair...

    The 2nd post in this thread states that midgame is extremely difficult if not impossible some days just like my feedback. This is not just limited to me. I beat GW with my single droid team maybe 90% of the time. My point was sometimes due to lack of roster at this level it isn't possible to win. My understanding was it's meant to be challenging not impossible. I think you're interpreting an observation as whining. Also you're not going to get very far in life telling people they suck, especially when statistically they're better then you.

    Basically let me sum up what you said so far:
    "Yeah man it's not hard ... it wasn't for me because I got via RNG Bariss at your level and then it got fine. There's lots of squad you can farm that can do it (like the one I already run as stated, droids). You should just RNG Bariss and you'll be fine."

    Anyway - my feedback to devs stands. Difficulty is fine at early and late game. Sometimes not beatable at mid-game and can take hours to complete other days. It's very tedious.
  • Sheytan
    91 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    My midgame team is Jedi, and they are all max geared for their level (69) with decent mods for mid levels. I finish top 10 in arena (rank 6 today) with this team, to give you an idea.

    I'm unable to beat node 9 today without at least 3 of my main team dying. I've spent 45 minutes on this node trying various leaders, positions, first burn targets, etc. If I try to send in 5 that aren't in my main team but are some of my better other characters, I literally have 1 left at half health before I can attack, doing nothing but TM loading the enemy for when I bring my main team back in.

    I'm level 69. Why am I going up against toons from a guy that is level 81? His squad is 80, 80, 80, 79, 74. Sometimes I can manage to find the one permutation that lets me squeak by, but why should I have to spend an hour on one node just hoping I can find the right leader, character positions and attack sequence to get the right RNG to win a ridiculously hard node? That's not fun.

    I often beat all 12 nodes, but sometimes it is just insane, and I give up. It's infuriating when that insane node is only node 9, so after 45-60 minutes I'll just say screw it and let 2-3 of my main guys die. Then hope to get past the next silver and have no chance to do anything else.

    Midgame players cannot have a strong wide roster. It's not feasible. Yet, even with a max geared, fully synergized team that can place top 10 in arena against wiggs, chaze, etc., GW is simply unbeatable sometimes.
  • Cop1416 wrote: »

    Not insults facts. You are trolling. You are purposely trying to fight or argue. Just because a game has been downloaded doesn't mean it's being played. Just like a book. Just because it's bought doesn't mean it's constantly read. Reading these post a lot of people have tired of this game and quit playing it. So once again. You're pulling numbers out of thin air and or twisting numbers. A liberal democrat. Trying to justify everyone else getting screwed while you 1%'r sit at the top, look down upon, and spit on the smaller guys struggling. Hope karma bites u in the rear dude.

    His facts are basic and elementary. You haven't had a point 10 pages ago. You seem to think that just stating lines is making a point--but it isn't. Because you clearly imitate the people that ruin your argument but you just mimic them--just like Hokiefiend. Like saying "you have no facts", when he does and you don't. Or talking about "liberal democrats" when you clearly don't know what that even means. You might as well have called him a "hooters waitress assassin" because it made just as much sense.

    Go read page 1 of this thread. If you need help in understanding, I'm glad to explain it to you. Over and over.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    Resorting to personal attacks doesn't change anything. The outcry can be seen across every communication avenue this game has.

    There is not much a F2P/minnow roster can do when faced with nodes filled with Chaze/Wiggs teams and then Zeta teams on node 11/12.... other than voice a complaint... oh wait.

    Challenging doesn't mean impossible and that's exactly what's happening for a lot of folks

    It's hilarious how you say these things as if no one can go back and see what you wrote. Hypocrite often? You that desperate? Talk more about your feelings. It's working so well.

    What happened to speaking for the "majority of the players"? Are you backtracking Yoda?

    There's a clear difference in rationally putting forth an argument vs straight up whining so you can personally win more. Keep flip flopping as if no one can see what you've already wrote. Any developers would have seen through your joke of an argument.

    Except your feelings are real. Keep talking about those lol.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Yesterday, in a battle, RG was taunting. I wanted to select another toon to hit with Boba, but I couldn't do it. Boba had BH's Resolve. Has it also happened to some of you ?
  • I am on a December 2015 shard. My arena team is 45,000+ and I finish in the 51-100 range every day. Yesterday I put my arena team in at node 1 to get their turn meter going. I was facing a Lumi lead. I wish I actually kept better track, but my enemy evaded 8 out of my first 10 attacks including my first 6. I retreated a couple of times out of being stunned at what happened. I check the team I was facing and the max was gear level 8. They didn't have any omegas. There mods were one dot to three dots. Statistically, this team was not much at all. They performed way above their level. My arena team took more damage to their protection than they should.

    Then in node six I put a hybrid team in there including JKA. I use Lando gear 11 lead on much of galactic war, but have yet to re-shuffle my JKA lead arena team with Lando in there. I could not get Buff Immunity to land on RG at all. He taunted on my first Lando AOE with Leia going into yellow. JKA AOE could not finish of any of the opponent toons. Leia dodged. GS and the rest took minimal damage. My QGJ was getting crushed. Several retreats and I looked into RG. The RG was solid, but nothing special. I should have landed Buff Immunity within three tries, but never would it land no matter how deep I went into the battle. This unit again seemed to perform way above their level. I had to completely change strategy and went with an Palp lead empire team + Boba to finish them off.

    I simply don't have time to spend doing countless retreats to crack this code everyday. A 55-60 hour work week will do that for ya. I have finished it a few times over the last couple weeks since my roster is getting deeper. I just don't have that all powerful lineup that can slice through 75% of it quickly. Their are plenty of other things I need to do manually like raids and events. GW needs to take a back seat for a while. It has become a Great Galactic Chore again.
  • wow, couldn't get past node 6 today and had trouble the past few days to even complete GW. Impossible teams to deal with. this is bollocks. Arena rank between 350-450. Team is around 38000+.
  • DarthMol
    23 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    sry dbl post
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    I'll also speak up for the little guys. They are royally getting screwed. I know if I'm having issues then when they complain they have VALID POINTS that the developers ignore and the bullies like yourself laugh at because I'm assuming you were bullied in school and now this is the only way to vent or make yourself feel better by constantly beating teams WAY below your level. It's like a professional sports team playing a high school team. VERY UNMATCHED.

    Right on, I made this same comparison a while ago. I am F2P and completely accept that I won't be able to compete with someone who pays and I shouldn't.
  • I rank 20th on arena. I have never beat a GW. It is just too hard.
  • I keep getting to the end and get squads that are unbeatable. Not sure how much money you need to make up these squads. But I'm sure it costs hundreds or more ! I'm up for a good fight but when it's unbeatable most of the time you loose interest after a while.
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    Not insults facts. You are trolling. You are purposely trying to fight or argue. Just because a game has been downloaded doesn't mean it's being played. Just like a book. Just because it's bought doesn't mean it's constantly read. Reading these post a lot of people have tired of this game and quit playing it. So once again. You're pulling numbers out of thin air and or twisting numbers. A liberal democrat. Trying to justify everyone else getting screwed while you 1%'r sit at the top, look down upon, and spit on the smaller guys struggling. Hope karma bites u in the rear dude.

    Is "liberal democrat" something you hear your parents saying as an insult, so you use it without knowing what it means? Or do you actually think liberal democrats, the progressives pushing for more industry regulations, more civil liberty protections, etc., are the 1%ers screwing everyone else and spitting on smaller guys struggling? That's exactly the opposite of liberals..

    You've used it as an insult repeatedly, yet you seem to not have any idea what it means. It makes me feel that everything else you said is also lacking in knowledge and substance..
  • Sheytan
    91 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    weston326 wrote: »
    I rank 20th on arena. I have never beat a GW. It is just too hard.

    I'm also in the camp that GW is too hard (at least occasionally - it spikes up to impossible levels, so really the consistency is the issue), but.. if you're rank 20 in arena and have *never* beaten GW, chances are that you're low/mid level. What you need to do is add some heals to your team until you get other characters that can bring some heals, like wiggs, ackbar, etc. Lumi and JC help massively until you get some of the more premium toons and can ditch the healers.
  • 99% FTP (have bought crystals once or twice) and today I finished GW without losing a single toon. Yesterday node 11 opponents took out Phasma and Sun Fac then node 12 took out 2 full teams (Rebels, Droids / Jawas) before the 3rd (Jedi / Rey) got the job done. That is a pretty major difference in the standard of opponent I faced from one day to the next.

    Maybe, just maybe, one of the devs will realise that the current algorithm for generating your opponents is not producing a consistently challenging experience for a lot of users. Instead of basing opponent power on the power of your top 5 toons, might it be better to base it on the average of your top 10? That way people who have comparatively small rosters and develop mainly tank type toons won't be overly punished with the standard of their opponent, and people with deeper rosters will still face challenging teams.

    Also, I think the node 9 difficulty should be moved to node 8 and the node 11 difficulty should be moved to node 10. These are the nodes that payout the GW currency and the rewards should be greatest for beating the toughest nodes. And I guess a number of players struggle to finish node 12 if node 11 has been particularly brutal - moving it to node 10 and giving a slightly easier ride for node 11 might give people a better chance.
  • Osisiv wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »

    Not insults facts. You are trolling. You are purposely trying to fight or argue. Just because a game has been downloaded doesn't mean it's being played. Just like a book. Just because it's bought doesn't mean it's constantly read. Reading these post a lot of people have tired of this game and quit playing it. So once again. You're pulling numbers out of thin air and or twisting numbers. A liberal democrat. Trying to justify everyone else getting screwed while you 1%'r sit at the top, look down upon, and spit on the smaller guys struggling. Hope karma bites u in the rear dude.

    His facts are basic and elementary. You haven't had a point 10 pages ago. You seem to think that just stating lines is making a point--but it isn't. Because you clearly imitate the people that ruin your argument but you just mimic them--just like Hokiefiend. Like saying "you have no facts", when he does and you don't. Or talking about "liberal democrats" when you clearly don't know what that even means. You might as well have called him a "hooters waitress assassin" because it made just as much sense.

    Go read page 1 of this thread. If you need help in understanding, I'm glad to explain it to you. Over and over.


    Go for it. The numbers here are just that. He has no numbers. He is pulling opinion or assumption. At least mine are here. Visible.
  • phatphil3
    716 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    What I've come to realize about GW is that it's rewarding to those who have a) a large developed roster b) a strong arena team c) manage their special abilities d) are willing to retreat and try again and e) know who to target first

    It's not rocket science, focusing on a good arena team is great but GW will punish you for only focusing on one squad. If you focus on developing your roster for GW then your arena rank will suffer as you aren't leveling those toons as much.

    GW is the test to see how good your squad is, if you can't beat it then you know you need to either beef up your A team or develop a B and C team.

    Yes it takes time but that's what makes this game fun. We keep playing because we want more and more is fun.
  • Ahkatosh
    157 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm sure this very suggestion is buried somewhere in here (but that's what megathreads are for, really, aren't they?) but I want to reiterate all the same.

    I'd like to see GW able to be reset & unrewarded during the 24hr 'lock'
    There are times I'm just bored, done all my stuff, waiting for energy but mostly I want to practice & experiment with different squads.
    There's no other way to trial new squad ideas & such in other areas without penalising you for attempting & failing (Arena: potential loss of rank/crystals, Ds/Ls battles: energy, etc).

    Just wanna be able to battle freely during the lulls.

    I remember some people up in arms when this was suggested a while back calling it a stupid idea & a waste of time but really, if that's how they see it they don't have to do it.
    Don't know why there was such an adverse reaction to this idea really.



  • Ahkatosh wrote: »
    I'm sure this very suggestion is buried somewhere in here (but that's what megathreads are for, really, aren't they?) but I want to reiterate all the same.

    I'd like to see GW able to be reset & unrewarded during the 24hr 'lock'
    There are times I'm just bored, done all my stuff, waiting for energy but mostly I want to practice & experiment with different squads.
    There's no other way to trial new squad ideas & such in other areas without penalising you for attempting & failing.

    I remember some people up in arms when this was suggested a while back calling it a **** idea & a waste of time but really, if that's how they see it they don't have to do it.
    Don't know why there was such an adverse reaction to this idea really.



    Please PLEASE make this into a bigger thread!!!!!!!
  • Ahkatosh wrote: »
    I'm sure this very suggestion is buried somewhere in here (but that's what megathreads are for, really, aren't they?) but I want to reiterate all the same.

    I'd like to see GW able to be reset & unrewarded during the 24hr 'lock'

    Just wanna be able to battle freely during the lulls.

    This is a fantastic idea! @CG_Kozispoon, can I have this as a reward for winning today's best gif? Please? I would spend 2000 ally points to be able to reset the GW in "practice mode," for no additional rewards. Just for funsies.
  • How does one do multiple galactic wars a day. My timer resets at midnight and if I finished it that day, I can't restart another one until after midnight. When war nodes are our guild activity, I notice some get more than 24. I can't guild chat because I guess I set up a minor account, otherwise I'd ask my guildmates.
  • So today on node 1 I started with a lvl 80 fully geared squad. Then on 3, 6,9,10,11ALL HAD LEVEL 85 fully geared and modded 7*. What the heck is wrong with you EA. The is ****!!
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    So today on node 1 I started with a lvl 80 fully geared squad. Then on 3, 6,9,10,11ALL HAD LEVEL 85 fully geared and modded 7*. What the heck is wrong with you EA. The is ****!!

    https://swgoh.gg/u/cop1416/

    Is that you? Man your roster is pretty stacked. I doubt you have much trouble completing GW.
  • No I do. Even with that and using suicide squads. I barely get through. That's what I'm yelling. Something isn't right. I should not get down to the end of my roster and BARELY win. So if I'm having the issues I have then I can COMPLETELY understand why others have issues. And that's why I'm always speaking my issues. Because others down play these guys issues. And that's not right to tell these guys they are lying or whining. They aren't. THIS HAS GOTTEN HORRIBLE!
  • Today I finally faced a ridiculous team (for me): fett L, Vader, EP, B2, shoretrooper. Didn't know a maxed out ShT packed 100k in protection and health.

    If I hadn't spent my first 6 nodes loading TM, I never would have beat this team. As it ended up, it took 30 maxed toons of my own to win. Is this fuel for the argument? Maybe, but my advice is load TM on many toons before node 12.
  • Today I finally faced a ridiculous team (for me): fett L, Vader, EP, B2, shoretrooper. Didn't know a maxed out ShT packed 100k in protection and health.

    If I hadn't spent my first 6 nodes loading TM, I never would have beat this team. As it ended up, it took 30 maxed toons of my own to win. Is this fuel for the argument? Maybe, but my advice is load TM on many toons before node 12.


    I usually do. But when you're constantly facing maxed teams or near maxed teAms it's extremely difficult. When I was just getting hard nodes 6,9,11,12 then I could agree with you. But now,like today, started with tough node 1, the HARD 3,6,7,8,9,10,11. So preloading was doable on 2 nodes.
  • I used to not be able to complete GW. I asked around and started working on a stun lock team. I gave up on completing GW, and concentrated on just zerging as far and fast as I could each day, even if I didn't get past node 6. I took all the credits from GW and pumped them into the stun toons, while doing the long farms for them. Little by little I could get farther and farther each day without much increase in time spent. Then one day, I finished it. The next day I couldn't, then I started being able to complete it everyday. Just keep at it. I still use RG and Daka now. If you have EP, makes it even easier. Stunned toons can't attack or dodge.
  • Bueller? Bueller? Developers? Glad they fixed Kyle Ren before addressing the issues with GW. The Kyle Ren Megathread must have been blowing up
  • 1975hawaii wrote: »
    Bueller? Bueller? Developers? Glad they fixed Kyle Ren before addressing the issues with GW. The Kyle Ren Megathread must have been blowing up

    Hahaha
Sign In or Register to comment.