Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

  • The devs are trash for letting this thread go with no official response. Thousands and thousands of comments and yet no feedback. If this comment gets me suspended while all these posts go unaddressed then both the devs and mods need to be fired because clearly they aren't doing their jobs.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Finally a worthy opponent!

    QAacKfu.png
    Z lead qgj Z yoda battle meditation

    took three teams
    droids
    dooku led aoe tem
    jedis
    to get to this

    h8GlUFC.png

    then my empire mopped up.
  • Wow, it seems that literally overnight, my GW experience changed sharply and is almost completely impossible to beat. I just hit 51 and started modding my toons. Up to now, I only failed GW once or twice. Last clear was remarkably easy. This time around, I got stuck at node 9 against a monster team. 61 Lando and the rest 50somethings of Biggs, Wedge, Luke and Lumi. They almost all went first and cleaned out my entire roster. I've never seen anything like it. Lando almost wiped out the whole team on his second turn. How are is this beatable? Lando is 10 levels higher. I run Phasma (L), Boba, JC, STH and HK. I got destroyed. It's as if, overnight, GW turned impossible. Super disappointing.
  • Dint worry. They are putting 2 new characters with (it sounds like) unstoppable abilities. So GW will become impossible again. Because F2P's can't even get the last toons, and even if they have they can't star them up. So we're screwed either way. They just keep kicking us down.
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Just faced GK, GA, Lando, Wedge, Biggs. Tried 6 teams, they rarely got a shot off. All max gear (except GK he was 5*, even so he had 10k of power), etc.. on node 12. I'd love to see the math that said that team was suitable to face mine. Lol

    2j5j5ep.jpg
    Post edited by SikrouDeco on
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    Dint worry. They are putting 2 new characters with (it sounds like) unstoppable abilities. So GW will become impossible again. Because F2P's can't even get the last toons, and even if they have they can't star them up. So we're screwed either way. They just keep kicking us down.

    You play for free and have had hours and hours of fun at a minimum. Where do you get this sense of entitlement? Please explain how you deserve something for free.

    And also you were "screwed" to begin with, playing a F2P game and expecting P2P content.
  • Osisiv wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    Dint worry. They are putting 2 new characters with (it sounds like) unstoppable abilities. So GW will become impossible again. Because F2P's can't even get the last toons, and even if they have they can't star them up. So we're screwed either way. They just keep kicking us down.

    You play for free and have had hours and hours of fun at a minimum. Where do you get this sense of entitlement? Please explain how you deserve something for free.

    And also you were "screwed" to begin with, playing a F2P game and expecting P2P content.


    Then it should be separate game sections. What r u one of the bullies that is P2P so you feel big and powerful to go up against players who have less powerful less adequate players. It's funny, apparently you are okay being a bully.
  • HokieFiend
    338 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Quit repeating the same old tired cliched response about entitlement. It doesn't help anything and is not even close to the truth about why people are upset. The whole entitlement thing is a whole lot of the pot calling the kettle black. It's a completely misinformed response. Without F2P/minnow players you have no game. Half the revenue comes from lesser spenders. A gigantic portion of the game are F2P players, without which you would have no game or at least a far less rich and healthy gaming experience.

    The problem is that GW is the only reliable source of daily resources for minnows or F2P players. When it starts taking an hour (or hours) for people to finish the fun is gone. They've obviously updated their GW matching algorithm and, once again for the umpteenth time, they don't have it adjusted right and people are facing teams they simply won't be able to beat in some cases. Loading up turn meter and not even getting a sliver of protection taken off by node 9-10 wont help in some cases. That's a real problem. There is only so much a minnow/F2P roster can do facing 4 rebel , JKA, Palp, droid teams before getting hit with 2 Zeta teams on node 11 and 12.

    They need to fix it. The chasm is only getting wider and it will affect the long term health of the game.

    Osisiv wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    Dint worry. They are putting 2 new characters with (it sounds like) unstoppable abilities. So GW will become impossible again. Because F2P's can't even get the last toons, and even if they have they can't star them up. So we're screwed either way. They just keep kicking us down.

    You play for free and have had hours and hours of fun at a minimum. Where do you get this sense of entitlement? Please explain how you deserve something for free.

    And also you were "screwed" to begin with, playing a F2P game and expecting P2P content.

  • I think if the devs allowed people to borrow an ally that could really help out those who still struggle with GWs.
  • Osisiv wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    Dint worry. They are putting 2 new characters with (it sounds like) unstoppable abilities. So GW will become impossible again. Because F2P's can't even get the last toons, and even if they have they can't star them up. So we're screwed either way. They just keep kicking us down.

    You play for free and have had hours and hours of fun at a minimum. Where do you get this sense of entitlement? Please explain how you deserve something for free.

    And also you were "screwed" to begin with, playing a F2P game and expecting P2P content.

    He doesn't play for free. He has dumped a ton of cash into this game. He has almost every character there is. You don't get a roster like that for free. He just likes to stir the pot and complain.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/cop1416/collection/
  • Osisiv wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    Dint worry. They are putting 2 new characters with (it sounds like) unstoppable abilities. So GW will become impossible again. Because F2P's can't even get the last toons, and even if they have they can't star them up. So we're screwed either way. They just keep kicking us down.

    You play for free and have had hours and hours of fun at a minimum. Where do you get this sense of entitlement? Please explain how you deserve something for free.

    And also you were "screwed" to begin with, playing a F2P game and expecting P2P content.

    He doesn't play for free. He has dumped a ton of cash into this game. He has almost every character there is. You don't get a roster like that for free. He just likes to stir the pot and complain.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/cop1416/collection/

    Actually I am P2P. And once again with a roster like mine there should be no way the stuff is almost impossible for me to play or place. So I have VALID complaints for each and everyone of your troll comments. So since you want to stir the pot mr. Kettle.
  • I'll also speak up for the little guys. They are royally getting screwed. I know if I'm having issues then when they complain they have VALID POINTS that the developers ignore and the bullies like yourself laugh at because I'm assuming you were bullied in school and now this is the only way to vent or make yourself feel better by constantly beating teams WAY below your level. It's like a professional sports team playing a high school team. VERY UNMATCHED.

  • Lol. More entertainment on here than the actual game!

    HAHAHAH
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    I'll also speak up for the little guys. They are royally getting screwed. I know if I'm having issues then when they complain they have VALID POINTS that the developers ignore and the bullies like yourself laugh at because I'm assuming you were bullied in school and now this is the only way to vent or make yourself feel better by constantly beating teams WAY below your level. It's like a professional sports team playing a high school team. VERY UNMATCHED.

    Lmao, keep doing ya thing bro.
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    Osisiv wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    Dint worry. They are putting 2 new characters with (it sounds like) unstoppable abilities. So GW will become impossible again. Because F2P's can't even get the last toons, and even if they have they can't star them up. So we're screwed either way. They just keep kicking us down.

    You play for free and have had hours and hours of fun at a minimum. Where do you get this sense of entitlement? Please explain how you deserve something for free.

    And also you were "screwed" to begin with, playing a F2P game and expecting P2P content.

    He doesn't play for free. He has dumped a ton of cash into this game. He has almost every character there is. You don't get a roster like that for free. He just likes to stir the pot and complain.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/cop1416/collection/

    Actually I am P2P. And once again with a roster like mine there should be no way the stuff is almost impossible for me to play or place. So I have VALID complaints for each and everyone of your troll comments. So since you want to stir the pot mr. Kettle.

    I have tried to help you on several occasions. I have tried to help you re-mod your characters to be more effective, and I'm thankful you took a couple suggestions to heart, but you still have many issues with your mods. The fact that you continue to come here and bemoan your inability to complete the GW is very much like crocodile tears. It seems insincere, especially when one considers the number of GW battles you have conquered. If you still come up against squads you cannot beat no matter how many teams you throw against them, then I'm afraid the problem lies with the way you are using your characters and has nothing to do with the GW algorithm being "unfair." One is forced to conclude that you are just complaining for the fun of it.

    By the way, the fact that you have bought a giant roster does not automatically guarantee victory. And that's the way it should be. There should be strategy of some sort involved in the game, something more than just brute force to make it challenging.

    Man, sometimes I wish I had your roster. Then I might be able to 3* LS H9B so I could farm up ShoreTrooper.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    Quit repeating the same old tired cliched response about entitlement. It doesn't help anything and is not even close to the truth about why people are upset. The whole entitlement thing is a whole lot of the pot calling the kettle black. It's a completely misinformed response. Without F2P/minnow players you have no game.

    The "tired cliche" is constantly repeated because it's true. It's great that you want to explain to me how F2P works, but somehow trivialize the fact that you are getting hours, weeks, months of fun for free. When did providing you with entertainment turn into an inalienable right? The attitude is childlike, literally like how an entitled child acts to their parents. The devs aren't your parents, making demands is comical.

    If you are so concerned about the state of the game and not your own personal account, look to yourself and cut the whining down. It annoys everyone and truly brings the quality of the game down.
  • Osisiv wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    Dint worry. They are putting 2 new characters with (it sounds like) unstoppable abilities. So GW will become impossible again. Because F2P's can't even get the last toons, and even if they have they can't star them up. So we're screwed either way. They just keep kicking us down.

    You play for free and have had hours and hours of fun at a minimum. Where do you get this sense of entitlement? Please explain how you deserve something for free.

    And also you were "screwed" to begin with, playing a F2P game and expecting P2P content.

    He doesn't play for free. He has dumped a ton of cash into this game. He has almost every character there is. You don't get a roster like that for free. He just likes to stir the pot and complain.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/cop1416/collection/

    Lol I misread or he mislead his comments.
  • I realized a critical mistake the last time I lost GW, which was right after the barriss fix and everyone was bragging about GW being easy. The next day I didn't finish GW, maybe the devs or whoever controls the matchmaking were being spiteful, I don't know (pure speculation, no proof).

    The next day, having learned my lesson, this is now what I do. The first 9 nodes are for building TM on my 6 GW teams. Before I get to node 12, my jawas, droids, phasma, Jedi, empire, and rebel teams are TM loaded. This way, whichever meta I face at the end, I have a team or 6 to handle it.

    If it takes more than 6 teams, it frustrates me, but it's not my day to finish.
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    I'll also speak up for the little guys. They are royally getting screwed. I know if I'm having issues then when they complain they have VALID POINTS that the developers ignore and the bullies like yourself laugh at because I'm assuming you were bullied in school and now this is the only way to vent or make yourself feel better by constantly beating teams WAY below your level. It's like a professional sports team playing a high school team. VERY UNMATCHED.

    Calling someone a bully, evil, ninja of death doesn't change fundamental facts. You get something for free, you have no right to complain. Perhaps in SJW land, where it's somehow not hypocritical to bully someone if you call them a bully, you may be entitled to complain and demand stuff for free.
  • Osisiv wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    I'll also speak up for the little guys. They are royally getting screwed. I know if I'm having issues then when they complain they have VALID POINTS that the developers ignore and the bullies like yourself laugh at because I'm assuming you were bullied in school and now this is the only way to vent or make yourself feel better by constantly beating teams WAY below your level. It's like a professional sports team playing a high school team. VERY UNMATCHED.

    Calling someone a bully, evil, ninja of death doesn't change fundamental facts. You get something for free, you have no right to complain. Perhaps in SJW land, where it's somehow not hypocritical to bully someone if you call them a bully, you may be entitled to complain and demand stuff for free.


    Actually I do. I don't know where you're from. But here you do. And without those f2p peeps you wouldn't have a game. Because you Bullies wouldnt have anyone to take advantage of. Just like the elite to try and justify unfairness. You're proving a point every time you talk.
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    Actually I do. I don't know where you're from. But here you do. And without those f2p peeps you wouldn't have a game. Because you Bullies wouldnt have anyone to take advantage of. Just like the elite to try and justify unfairness. You're proving a point every time you talk.

    Clearly I'm pointing out facts. Obviously this game needs F2P--just like it needs P2P. What isn't needed is incessant, entitled demands and whining. It ruins the forums and the game.

    Elites? Aren't we talking about GW? Elites of what?





  • Osisiv wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    Actually I do. I don't know where you're from. But here you do. And without those f2p peeps you wouldn't have a game. Because you Bullies wouldnt have anyone to take advantage of. Just like the elite to try and justify unfairness. You're proving a point every time you talk.

    Clearly I'm pointing out facts. Obviously this game needs F2P--just like it needs P2P. What isn't needed is incessant, entitled demands and whining. It ruins the forums and the game.

    Elites? Aren't we talking about GW? Elites of what?






    The top 1% who believe they are the only ones who make this game worth playing. The bullies who believe they are the only ones who deserve the meat of the game and the f2p deserve only scraps. The selfish who are the only ones to ever place or win tourneys because as stated before the only way they can win is by having a super bowl team playing against a high school team. And then the ones who look down on guys who would like, just a everyonce in awhile to win or get something good. Not always but every now and then.
  • Osisiv wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Quit repeating the same old tired cliched response about entitlement. It doesn't help anything and is not even close to the truth about why people are upset. The whole entitlement thing is a whole lot of the pot calling the kettle black. It's a completely misinformed response. Without F2P/minnow players you have no game.

    The "tired cliche" is constantly repeated because it's true. It's great that you want to explain to me how F2P works, but somehow trivialize the fact that you are getting hours, weeks, months of fun for free. When did providing you with entertainment turn into an inalienable right? The attitude is childlike, literally like how an entitled child acts to their parents. The devs aren't your parents, making demands is comical.

    If you are so concerned about the state of the game and not your own personal account, look to yourself and cut the whining down. It annoys everyone and truly brings the quality of the game down.


    Nobody is demanding anything. Deflection, misdirection, misrepresentation and actual trivialization doesn't change the fact that there is a huge portion of the player base (both P2P and F2P) who have shown frustration with months of comments about something they think could use a refactor.

    I've put money into the game. The fact you are making it into an issue of F2P "entitlement" only underscores your true agenda which has nothing to do with the very real issue people are complaining about.. but everything to do with you.

    If CG decides to change it... fine. If they don't want to listen to the feedback on what amounts to one of the biggest gripes with the game... fine. The bottom line is that GW isn't a whole lot of fun (which you seem to grasp should be the point) anymore and that should be the highlight of this very long thread.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »

    Nobody is demanding anything. Deflection, misdirection, misrepresentation and actual trivialization doesn't change the fact that there is a huge portion of the player base (both P2P and F2P) who have shown frustration with months of comments about something they think could use a refactor.

    I've put money into the game. The fact you are making it into an issue of F2P "entitlement" only underscores your true agenda which has nothing to do with the very real issue people are complaining about.. but everything to do with you.

    If CG decides to change it... fine. If they don't want to listen to the feedback on what amounts to one of the biggest gripes with the game... fine. The bottom line is that GW isn't a whole lot of fun (which you seem to grasp should be the point) anymore and that should be the highlight of this very long thread.

    What's your point? That my agenda is calling out the whining of entitled F2P players? And you are just realizing it now? Yes, I am absolutely trivializing those posts that insult and demand change. I have and will continue to do so. Let me spell it out for you since you're having a hard time.

    I was FTP for many months. It was fun. I lost sometimes. I did not cry. I became P2P. I bought Baze. I cried because I spent too much. See the logic there?

    GW does not have an issue. If you read the EA/CG description it states that it is intended to be challenging. Challenging means the game could be hard. Means maybe you don't win. And no, you do not "deserve" to win.

    If you can't see what I'm trying to say, then I would suggest discussing the injustice of GW with the other poster who is championing the fantasy plight of F2P. Together you can create a better world where you win GW every day and practice recreational outrage. Or maybe you can just figure out how to beat a mobile app game without asking the creators to change it--when they've labeled it as challenging from the start.
  • Osisiv wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »

    Nobody is demanding anything. Deflection, misdirection, misrepresentation and actual trivialization doesn't change the fact that there is a huge portion of the player base (both P2P and F2P) who have shown frustration with months of comments about something they think could use a refactor.

    I've put money into the game. The fact you are making it into an issue of F2P "entitlement" only underscores your true agenda which has nothing to do with the very real issue people are complaining about.. but everything to do with you.

    If CG decides to change it... fine. If they don't want to listen to the feedback on what amounts to one of the biggest gripes with the game... fine. The bottom line is that GW isn't a whole lot of fun (which you seem to grasp should be the point) anymore and that should be the highlight of this very long thread.

    What's your point? That my agenda is calling out the whining of entitled F2P players? And you are just realizing it now? Yes, I am absolutely trivializing those posts that insult and demand change. I have and will continue to do so. Let me spell it out for you since you're having a hard time.

    I was FTP for many months. It was fun. I lost sometimes. I did not cry. I became P2P. I bought Baze. I cried because I spent too much. See the logic there?

    GW does not have an issue. If you read the EA/CG description it states that it is intended to be challenging. Challenging means the game could be hard. Means maybe you don't win. And no, you do not "deserve" to win.

    If you can't see what I'm trying to say, then I would suggest discussing the injustice of GW with the other poster who is championing the fantasy plight of F2P. Together you can create a better world where you win GW every day and practice recreational outrage. Or maybe you can just figure out how to beat a mobile app game without asking the creators to change it--when they've labeled it as challenging from the start.


    There's a difference between challenging and impossible.
  • Until 2 weeks ago, I had always used my droid/jawa, empire, rebel and mixed teams on nodes 1-4 to build TM. I stopped bothering with the droid/jawa team, however, as I hadn't needed them for nodes 11 or 12 in ages. Today node 6 was my hardest node. Bounty Hunter Level 85 Gear 10/11 team of Boba (L), Zam, 88, Cad Bane, Dengar. So, after unsuccessful attempts with Rebels, Empire and mixed teams I had to send in the droids/jawas to dive on the hand grenade. They took out Zam, Boba and 88 before they perished. Rebels came in and the rest of the nodes passed by without too much of a hitch.

    I'm aware that this may invoke the wrath of Cop1416, but I love GW. It and the Tank raid are my favourite bits of the game.

  • Until 2 weeks ago, I had always used my droid/jawa, empire, rebel and mixed teams on nodes 1-4 to build TM. I stopped bothering with the droid/jawa team, however, as I hadn't needed them for nodes 11 or 12 in ages. Today node 6 was my hardest node. Bounty Hunter Level 85 Gear 10/11 team of Boba (L), Zam, 88, Cad Bane, Dengar. So, after unsuccessful attempts with Rebels, Empire and mixed teams I had to send in the droids/jawas to dive on the hand grenade. They took out Zam, Boba and 88 before they perished. Rebels came in and the rest of the nodes passed by without too much of a hitch.

    I'm aware that this may invoke the wrath of Cop1416, but I love GW. It and the Tank raid are my favourite bits of the game.

    Hahaha no wrath. people have the right to enjoy it. But to minimalize the way other people feel is WRONG. Especially when (per the posts) it's the majority or players have an enormous problem playing it or winning it. I do enjoy a challenge. I enjoy GW most days. But when the teams, being placed on some days are impossible, that's wrong.
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    Hahaha no wrath. people have the right to enjoy it. But to minimalize the way other people feel is WRONG. Especially when (per the posts) it's the majority or players have an enormous problem playing it or winning it. I do enjoy a challenge. I enjoy GW most days. But when the teams, being placed on some days are impossible, that's wrong.

    And I think anyone on here who can't conceive of an unbeatable team is either dishonest or lucky enough to have never encountered one.

    My only quibble with what you've typed is that this thread shows that the majority of POSTERS are having problems with GW, not the majority of PLAYERS. It is human nature that those feeling aggrieved will be more vocal than those enjoying success, so don't forget the thousands of users who are completing GW every day but don't come on here to brag about it!
Sign In or Register to comment.