What do you think about the recent galactic war tuning ?

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    They completely ignored players feedback by increasing difficulty. Change it back.
    Another **** changes? What else do you expect from shity company? Wouldn't even play this **** if it wasn't star wars
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    They completely ignored players feedback by increasing difficulty. Change it back.
    Xenith wrote: »
    If they remove the node 6 "Spike" and increase the credits and add an omega when completing a gw WILL prob make everyone Happy
    Omega unlocks in gw at lvl 80 (obvs)

Nope. First, they won't change anything, due to the luck of comunication and brains.
    Second, to finish the GW you need to at least to defeat last node, but many just cannot. I always did, before. But first they did **** raid gear, which only obtainable for via shipments, then they kick everyone who have no perfect guild and cannot get gear in the balls, just for fun.

They call it 'entertaining'. I call it vacuum between ears.
  • Nodoon
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting, I got a shard, Urrorro or whatever is name is, on node 9. I have never seen that before. I also, may just, with a lot of luck, be able to finish this GW for the first time in 4 days.
  • bLz
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Everything is good, right up to the last node. Level 80 gear 10 QGJ Rey RG Han GS. Yea OK GG.
  • Options
    EchoDelta wrote: »
    Back to being unable to increase Arena squad power due to GW being too difficult as is. I'm at about 32k power too. Can't imagine how difficult those above 35k have it.

They don't use max Arena team for a while (since level cap raiso to 80). It is now the max between max Arena power and max GW power.
  • Options
    I don't really bother with GW. Its too much if a time sink in a game that is a massive time sink.
  • Options
    It's great. I love the challenge. I don't like auto mode.
    Have completed it everyday for the last 3 months. Like with everything in this game it takes time and some strategy. Oh and before I hear your squad power isn't 36k or above I know. It's 31k. You play the hand dealt.
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Options
    Nodoon wrote: »
    lackhand79 wrote: »
    Makes me laugh how many people are complaining about having to actually play the game. Srsly? If you hate spending time playing it that much then stick to grinding out the other parts of the game and don't do GW. Or just delete the game. Because why keep playing if it sucks so bad to actually play?

You, and the people like you who are posting about "challenge" do not understand the frustration people are talking about, or are simply trolling. There is no challenge in facing a team 5 levels higher, with 7-8k more power that is 2 gear levels ahead of you. That is impossible and it would not matter how many characters you have to throw at them.

I am all for challenge, That is what makes games fun. But there is a difference between challenge and impossible. Here is my "best" arena squad. All are gear 8 except GS, gear 9. Power is 29487. Phasma lead, level 7 skills, level 75 7*-QGJ level 7 skills level 75 6*-GeoSoldier level 7 skills level 75 6*-Lumi, level 7 skills level 75 7*-RG level 74 level 7 skills 5*. The team I am facing is Dooku lead, omega skills, level 80 7*-Daka, omega skills level 80 7*-RG omega skills except for the 2nd one, level 80 7*-Rey Omega skills level 80 7*-Phasma Omega skills level 80 7*. All are gear 10. How would you proceed, being the master of the game that you are?

I would proceed by leveling up my characters to meet the challenge, same as I would do to complete the Yoda event, or light/dark side battle, or cantina. Pretty simple.

It should be fair though, and that doesn't sound like a fair challenge. But it was boring before. And I do mean what I said about having to play the game. Those that whine they can no longer auto GW, I just don't understand. If you don't like to actually play the game, then maybe you shouldn't.
  • Options
    The easier version was better, faster and more enjoyable.
    It went from faster to 5x longer, same crappy rewards too
  • Options
    I'm going to preface my comment with this: I have reached the 150 GW wins achievement and have never auto'd one battle. Also, I misread my selection as 'earlier' not 'easier'.

This latest change is pushing me away from the game. GW has always been one of my favorite things about the game. I would try different lineups and always manually played each battle. That is not something I can say about other game modes. Node 6 frustrates me: level 80 team that has synergy and comparable to my arena team. Node 9 rage closing begins: this is a maxed team that well exceeds my arena team. Node 9 could compete for a top spot on my shard. Node 11 seriously?!? this is a #1 shard team: low level suicide squads are completely useless. I have to sacrifice some of my top toons to progress. Node 12 not ToS approved: worse than all the other teams. Now I'm facing 40k power teams with all abilities omega'd.

If their goal was to get players so frustrated that they don't want to open the app, mission accomplished.
  • Options
    I just wish they would leave it alone - good or bad... They've changed it multiple times since November as an "improvement" yet somehow each update makes it worse.
  • Options
    I should never be facing teams well above my paygrade. I have no gear 10s, so take them off my plate. It's ridiculous. I like the challenge throughout but the ending nodes are borderline impossible unless I completely tank my arena ranking. Change it back or you will start losing people
  • Options
    I don't mind the increased difficulty if they scale up rewards accordingly.
    Specifically, what is it that people struggle with in GW? I haven't lost one since the protection was added, and I rarely lost prior to it either.
  • Options
    I can still auto almost all of it and I actually preffer a challenge. Just with the rewards where better.
  • Options
    I still liked the original GW the best...
  • Options
    Challenge, sure. But, level 12 is impossible. I'm 0 for 4 this week.

13584836_10153721294839135_8109729372751381804_o.jpg

I couldn't beat that team with my top 2 teams at full health, let alone after the challenging levels 6, 9-11.
  • irvvri
    152 posts Member
    Options

I couldn't beat that team with my top 2 teams at full health, let alone after the challenging levels 6, 9-11.

The people who say that we complain too much or that we just need to "get better" have clearly never dealt with a node like this. They'll be singing a different tune once they get sodomized by a similar node. This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    I hate it. Exemplifies the schizophrenic nature of the devs who constantly change the rules of the game and "move the goal posts," this time significantly and utterly without warning.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I don't see much of a difference to be honest, but i've read reports from people facing 4k+ overpowered arena teams in the last or second to last node and that doesn't seem right to me.
  • Options
    irvvri wrote: »

The people who say that we complain too much or that we just need to "get better" have clearly never dealt with a node like this. They'll be singing a different tune once they get sodomized by a similar node. This is ridiculous.

When the game was first released I went almost a week without being able to complete GW. It was a challenge that I enjoyed because I knew eventually I would progress enough and build a deep enough roster that I will be able to complete GW each day. Shortly after I reached that state and was then missing the challenge of GW from the early days. Now I haven't failed to complete a GW since January.

New players just need to give it time. If everythi g is just handed to you then you will get borred right away and move on to another game. GW should be hard and in my opinion the best part is using characters that you dont use in arena and are usually benched. The only problem I have is that rewards should be slightly better.
  • Options
    So explain why I've completed gw for 3 months with no issue and now can throw my entire roster against one node and lose? I specifically geared my roster to have a pyramid effect so I could get through gw. Unless you have the best op char highly geared you are screwed. And since gw is the only way to get rewards it's a kick in the face.
  • Options

if they're anywhere around the same strength as me, I assure you they have. I would gladly take that over this.

IMG_1243_zpserbuvrzr.jpg
    IMG_1187_zpsy7xsihv7.jpg
  • Options
    I'm FTP, Arena squad with 30k+ damage, and I clear GW every night - just gotta build more than one team. It's not that hard. I've found 5 teams to be the right number for GW, and having those teams built out ended up being great for maximizing Raid success as well.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Catarra
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Everything is the same for me except the last 4 nodes. Node 9, 10 and 11 are hard but if I do it right I can win. Node 12↓↓↓
    6JJHrXD.jpg

Is completely impossible after those nodes. I've always tried to spread out my roster while maintaining a good arena team so I guess I was kinda annoyed that I can't beat it.

PS done two GW since update and fought the same guy at node 12.

This is EXACTLY what's happening to me. After months of finishing GW on a daily basis, I have now been unable to complete it for 2 days because this is exactly what I face on node 12. If I get a team that doesn't have RG, maybe I have a shot, but if RG is there, you can just kiss it goodbye. I'm tired of working on one node for over an hour and still not beating it.

I'm also interested to see that I'm not the only person who's been coming across node 12 teams with "EASB" in their name. Are we automatically getting thrown up against members of guilds who can auto heroic raids in mere minutes?
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • Options
    DakkTunon wrote: »
    Yeah, facing a full L80 7* G9 droid team on the last node when your best team is L73 7* G8... That's not a challenge. That's just insulting.

I know what you mean, this week I've been unable to finish GW, besides I've faced twice the same user lvl 80 G10 and I'm barely 74 between G8 or G9.

Also with recent glitch that makes your team be fully defeated despite their shields are intact.
    Imperialis.
  • Tyler_Zotin
    54 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

When the game was first released I went almost a week without being able to complete GW. It was a challenge that I enjoyed because I knew eventually I would progress enough and build a deep enough roster that I will be able to complete GW each day. Shortly after I reached that state and was then missing the challenge of GW from the early days. Now I haven't failed to complete a GW since January.

New players just need to give it time. If everythi g is just handed to you then you will get borred right away and move on to another game. GW should be hard and in my opinion the best part is using characters that you dont use in arena and are usually benched. The only problem I have is that rewards should be slightly better.

you voided your whole argument by saying "when the game was first released"
    of course GW is hard for everyone at the beginning!

in addition to. Likewise, I never failed to complete a GW since January either. but once this update came out, I haven't been able to beat it once.

Edit: change in punctuation

• Nodoon
    112 posts Member
    Options
    RebelBass wrote: »
    I'm FTP, Arena squad with 30k+ damage, and I clear GW every night - just gotta build more than one team. It's not that hard. I've found 5 teams to be the right number for GW, and having those teams built out ended up being great for maximizing Raid success as well.

What exactly is "built out"? Are you saying I need 5 teams, 25 characters, at g9+?
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    Options
    According to this poll 92% of players are not happy with current galactic war but here is what EA_Jesse wrote:

"We will continue to adjust Galactic War as needed, but there are currently no plans to make any additional changes in the near future"

So they obviously do not take into consideration any of our feedback !

Not to mention that the new mod table will use cantina energy, how stupid is that ?

"Cantina energy is used for Mod Battles and in addition to earning Mods, all Cantina Battles rewards are also earnable (ex. Ability Mats and Cantina Currency)"

• Seknos
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Not to mention they moved this poll in a section with less visibility now, when it has been started a week ago. Trying to bury it mods ?
  • Options
    RebelBass wrote: »

And how do we do that without gw credits
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me