Fabricated teams

Not just another GW thread.

While beginning my GW run yesterday I encountered my kid's team.

"Fun!" I thought.

Until I noticed:

1) She doesn't have 1 seven starred character let alone 5 of them.

2) she hasn't reached level 70, so why did all 5 of these characters show level 70?

3) she hasn't beaten enough LS/DS missions for the gear, but all 5 were G8.

Maybe GW has always generated teams, but then it just seems silly to use real players" names and present it as their actual team.

Replies

• KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Are you sure it was you kids team? Is her in game name something that could be common? Mol Eliza perhaps? :smile:
  • Options
    KelEl85 wrote: »
    Are you sure it was you kids team? Is her in game name something that could be common? Mol Eliza perhaps? :smile:
    Yes.

No.
  • Options
    I have long thought GW teams were entirely made up. The fact I'm now getting node 12 teams with high level but low gear toons has only confirmed this to me.

The fact they actually use real player's names is surprising though - that's pretty dumb.
  • Options
    The GW plot thickens. I faced a team on my 2nd to last node with a riculous build that could never have been a real team.
    Barriss lead
    Cad Bane
    Yoda
    QGJ
    Phasma
    All gear 9-10 7* level 80

Could that be a real team??
  • Ferret96
    2 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    For what it's worth, in my GW I've noticed an over-abundance of Sid and Vader. I can imagine Sid, because he was meta in the past... But both on almost every team seems a bit beyond believably. The two guys who can lay a ton of dots on your toons and heal block? What a coincidence. I can still make it through, but I can't see THAT many people using those types of team in GW, Arena, or any place.
  • Options
    it's scandalous! lying jugglers!
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    it does appear to be a mixture

We have seen confirmation from people seeing guild mates in GW and can see same team

But there are also clear fake ones and bugged ones.
  • Options
    A few months ago, I encountered an ally's team in GW. When I compared the GW team to his actual roster, they were significantly different. His GW team had more stars plus were geared higher thereby having a higher squad power. I never took pics because I assumed it was the norm. But I do believe many of the teams that you battle in GW are "enhanced."
  • Options
    EA/CG is lying and cheating? How can this be possible?
    What would be the next? Teams controlled by the IA that trigger buffs/debuffs more often that should be?

Upps... I may have said something a lot of negationists/RNGists/bias-confirmationalists will start crying about that is not real.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Me make up stuff? That's unpossible!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    DarthNoise wrote: »
    The GW plot thickens. I faced a team on my 2nd to last node with a riculous build that could never have been a real team.
    Barriss lead
    Cad Bane
    Yoda
    QGJ
    Phasma
    All gear 9-10 7* level 80

Could that be a real team??

I was actually going to comment on this lol.. then the sarcasm hit me... hey its been a long day lol
  • Gungnir75
    718 posts Member
    Options
    A shard mate of mine came up against my team yesterday in gw, but it was not a group I ever use together.

It seems that it generated my highest possible power team for him
  • Options
    @Saraleb : I have pic to prove it. At least maybe CG has a sense of humor ?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    From what I've heard galactic war doesn't actually use your arena team or any other team you use. It sums up your five highest power characters and uses their total power to match you up against other peoples five highest power characters, it also uses those five characters for others to fight in their own galactic war.
  • Options
    I had a guild mate have me show up in his GW. The team was accurate other than it being my arena team from about 3 weeks ago.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe it is your kids team...but projected in the future! Kind of like her dream team!

I wouldn't rule out made-up teams in gw. But it's probably a mixture of both real and made up ones.
  • Options
    I've seen this with guildmates.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    It's like they couldn't find teams hard enough ???