It's been a week. Can we at least get an update on issues? [Dev Comment]

Prev1
BradGoodyear
984 posts Member
edited July 2016
Even if it's not what we want to hear, we deserve to know what's going on. There are major problems that need addressed and are being totally ignored.

Is GW Staying the same? IE should I invest everything to making my arena squad 37K+ so I can get the easy 3* version of GW or are you actually going to fix it? I just need to know what to do, because I can't complete it more than 20% now the way it is. But I don't want to jump my arena team if it means after it's addressed it will be even harder at that level.

Scanners were purchased yet many never got the 805 price adjustment. It's been 10 days now. At least tell me something. Am I getting interest on these while you hold them?

According to Logic the Scoundrel even should have popped today. 10 days after the 29th on a weekday. It hasn't occurred.

Please at least hear us out and at least acknowledge that you heard us and are looking into it. Something. Please.
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• KozeeDJ
    59 posts Member
    Options
    they took 2 weeks off to celebrate july 4th
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Even if it's not what we want to hear, we deserve to know what's going on. There are major problems that need addressed and are being totally ignored.

Is GW Staying the same? IE should I invest everything to making my arena squad 37K+ so I can get the easy 3* version of GW or are you actually going to fix it? I just need to know what to do, because I can't complete it more than 20% now the way it is. But I don't want to jump my arena team if it means after it's addressed it will be even harder at that level.

Scanners were purchased yet many never got the 805 price adjustment. It's been 10 days now. At least tell me something. Am I getting interest on these while you hold them?

According to Logic the Scoundrel even should have popped today. 10 days after the 29th on a weekday. It hasn't occurred.

Please at least hear us out and at least acknowledge that you heard us and are looking into it. Something. Please.

That might be too much to expect. Always set low expectations, then lower them even more, and be pleasantly surprised.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    I thought they were pretty clear on GW. It's working as intended. It's supposed to be hard and use all of your resources...
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50943/recent-tweak-to-galactic-war-tuning#latest
    It's not the answer you want to hear, but here you are posting about it. Sounds like you're looking for a different answer.

The rest I don't know. May want to at least name the people that didn't get their refunds so they can look into it. GL out there.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options

Apparently it is every 6 to 12 days for the event on any day of the week. The original post stating once a week on a weekday was "targeted to be" but for whatever reason was changed.
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Also pretty sure this thread will get closed. No criticism is allowed here.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    Options
    I can understand how players are frustrated here and unfortunately, they probably will not get many answers when they need them but rather, when EA/CG decide they would like to tell you about them. What is expected of you is to just wait and pray and don't ask questions, even if it takes months and that is that, end of story. The only thing I can say is GW is supposedly staying this way to be more challenging so on that note, good luck!!!
  • Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    I thought they were pretty clear on GW. It's working as intended. It's supposed to be hard and use all of your resources...
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50943/recent-tweak-to-galactic-war-tuning#latest
    It's not the answer you want to hear, but here you are posting about it. Sounds like you're looking for a different answer.

The rest I don't know. May want to at least name the people that didn't get their refunds so they can look into it. GL out there.

BUT, it's only hard and exhausts resources of teams in the 30-36K range. Those teams that are 37K-40K are actually getting an EASY gw with 3* opponents on Nodes 12 and sometimes 11.

So it only got hard for the middle guys, and got even easier for the top teams(that are already awarded for their arena rank in the arena with extra crystals. Now we can't finish GW)

So clearly it's not working as intended or top teams would get a harder path.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

BUT, it's only hard and exhausts resources of teams in the 30-36K range. Those teams that are 37K-40K are actually getting an EASY gw with 3* opponents on Nodes 12 and sometimes 11.

So it only got hard for the middle guys, and got even easier for the top teams(that are already awarded for their arena rank in the arena with extra crystals. Now we can't finish GW)

I've been getting 3 star level 80s every node 12 since the update. My guild mates with worse rosters are not. What's the intent again?

Edit: My response was in agreement with your post and a reply to the post you quoted. Just pointing it out cos the forum can be dense sometimes, lol.

Edit: Some screenshots I had shared with my guild:

hElMcdj.jpg

n2FfTSz.jpg
  • HanaSola
    47 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think that GW works as intended - I'm playing it on my own and on my husband's account: We are both at level 80 but I have a bigger roster and my node 12 is like the pic above. My husband gets crazy hard opponents like me in node 5, 9, 10, 11 - but also in node 12! At that point most toons depleted or at least stripped off the protection bar it is impossible to beat a maxed team with insane hp on the opposite side. We weren't able to finish GW on his account for weeks, and not because we suck at it! This is frustrating.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options

Hi there!
    I wanted to give you the heads up in regards to this specific issue as I've posted about it in the link below. Cheers!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/536725/#Comment_536725

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Lol...cheers
  • Options
    Thank you.

Honestly I am pretty shocked that anyone even responded.

I will believe it when I see it, but I do thank you for updating us.

Would be great if someone was able to respond to the other issues as well.
    Removing confusion makes a lot of people happier, just shoot it straight, we can handle it better than nothing at all.
  • Options
    Please keep an eye out for my community update this afternoon, it'll have a lot of updates in it.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options
    I think the ill believe it when i see it bit is telling. Literally no trust.
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Thhaaaannnkkk yoooouuuu gaaahwl. For responding to us that is
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options
    They wont repky to the other issues as tgey dont consider them issues.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Please keep an eye out for my community update this afternoon, it'll have a lot of updates in it.

Thank you. I have been looking forward to it for days. As long as issues are acknowledged I will be happy with that even if they aren't all fixed.
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options
    These community updates always happen on a weekend. Clearly they cant be bothered dealing with the responses so you have 2 days to build up and you know fulk well the only people who are online are the mods. They arent monitoring these forums...the data they have is in game and thats the only stuff that matters. Another hand grenade dropped on a friday afternoon.
  • Options
    Bad news is still better than no news.

It wouldn't hurt them to at least address major issues on a regular basis as they occur, or at least tell us that they are meeting about it and will address it on a certain day. People will generally be patient and willing to wait as long as they aren't in the dark.
  • Go_Blue
    95 posts Member
    Options
    When I see the Devs respond on here, or Reddit, it makes me feel so much better about playing the game and putting up with all the bugs. They honestly do seem like passionate, hard working people, and a lot of times there are legitimate explanation for things. We may not agree with the explanations, but they exist. The problem is when the reasons aren't explained to us sufficiently or in advance of changes being made. That's the infuriating part. If you are asking players to spend money and hours a day (literally) playing the game (and to play it at the highest/least frustrating level, you have to do both), then communicate with them.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options

Thank you Sir... looking forward to it.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    id like to know which bugs are getting fixed
  • Turukano
    170 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I hope it includes a definition of weekly, week day, and if between 6 and 12 includes 6 and 12 or not?

From a purely academic and philosophical point of view and nothing to do with the multiple threads that have been closed today....

Turukano.
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Really hope they'll be responsive to the community's feedback here and in the Reddit forum.

I'm sure you recognize that there's a lot expected in this one.

Speaking only for myself, this one not only sets a course for the game, but my involvement with it.

Waiting with fingers crossed that we'll hear a lot of good things.
  • Options

I've been getting 3 star level 80s every node 12 since the update. My guild mates with worse rosters are not. What's the intent again?

Edit: My response was in agreement with your post and a reply to the post you quoted. Just pointing it out cos the forum can be dense sometimes, lol.

hElMcdj.jpg

n2FfTSz.jpg

If I'm not mistaken..once a person hits the 38k or higher squad power this is how the last node is. This is how my GW 12 node has been since the recent change anyways. Im sitting on over 39k squad power and the last node is a cakewalk. It's probably not intended, but for now I'm not complaining and sadly I'm glad the last one is easy for me. I feel bad for all those people who face nightmare sqauds on last node I really do. I'm already logging on less and less and not enjoying this game like I was. If I had to face a difficult squad on the 12 node that would take away a bit of happiness on my part. Let's just hope they give us some good news on GWs soon(better rewards..cough cough). I could careless that I have enough toons to beat GWs everyday, fact of the matter for me is that it is not fun.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options

hElMcdj.jpg

n2FfTSz.jpg

If I'm not mistaken..once a person hits the 38k or higher squad power this is how the last node is. This is how my GW 12 node has been since the recent change anyways. Im sitting on over 39k squad power and the last node is a cakewalk. It's probably not intended, but for now I'm not complaining and sadly I'm glad the last one is easy for me. I feel bad for all those people who face nightmare sqauds on last node I really do. I'm already logging on less and less and not enjoying this game like I was. If I had to face a difficult squad on the 12 node that would take away a bit of happiness on my part. Let's just hope they give us some good news on GWs soon(better rewards..cough cough). I could careless that I have enough toons to beat GWs everyday, fact of the matter for me is that it is not fun.

36.5k arena power, have this behavior
  • Options
    djvita wrote: »

hElMcdj.jpg

n2FfTSz.jpg

Oh ok. 36.5k must be the threshold then.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Go_Blue wrote: »
    When I see the Devs respond on here, or Reddit, it makes me feel so much better about playing the game and putting up with all the bugs.

Like when you are about to give up on your crush on the hot chick in gym class when she looks your way and you think "She knows who I am".

No. No she doesn't...

• Options
    djvita wrote: »

hElMcdj.jpg

n2FfTSz.jpg

Oh ok. 36.5k must be the threshold then.

Sorry to disappoint you again @JediMindTricks :), but my Arena power is 35.1k and still have those crappy toons at node 12 every day since the last update.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I sincerely hope that tweaks to geo spy are being made as indicated in last weeks community update,

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50953/community-update-7-1-2016#latest

All reviews have been extremely underwhelming and it is clear that geo spy is not viable in any relevant game mode. I and those who have invested money in this, would be very disappointed if this issue was swept under the rug. You should be striving to provide value to your paying customers.

I also believe Zam wessell in in avery similar boat albeit to a lesser extent.