Update is out

Replies

• Options
    lol they just increased the cost dramatically to upgrade a mod, is this precraft all over again? Also mod challenges not dropping mods 100% anymore. Does this company learn? Is this the solution, really?
  • Options
    cmjstota wrote: »
    Larfleeze wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »
    And who is surprised it's released just after a refresh so to see the new toons you have to use crystals.... Money grab

Refresh is in 1h and 9 minutes, let's not invent stuff.

I don't invent. My next refresh is over 4 hours away.

Sorry. But i don't understand how that is even possible, i thought everyone had same refresh time.
    I thought so too. 12 am, 6 am, 12 pm, 6 pm. 1:56 pm here currently

Nope only 3 of them, I get them at 7pm 1am 4am lol the 2nd 2 are useless to me.

1pm and 7pm are the only refreshes I have time to snag so yes, my refresh was an hour ago.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    All this grief last few days and you give me chewbacca shards do you really want community to quit besides that you nerf potency . Do you guys have a clue or what . So many in my guild quitting and it's snowballing and you giving Chewie shards for your mistakes nerf my yoda too you must want everyone too quit .. Proper compensation is a lot of crystals and credits so we can get our mods you want us to play with not Chewie shards he does absolutely nothing to balance this game we loved that's beyond fubar Come on Really
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    nimroad2 wrote: »
    Amalthea wrote: »
    Check this out.

Misc. Changes
    Potency and Tenacity have been normalized to exist between 0% and 100% when obtained through Gear. This was done to provide both a more readable number for comparison’s sake and also for balance reasons associated with Mods. Both of these values may exceed 100% through the usage of Mods and the comparison itself remains unchanged at this time.

Not normalized, decimated. QGJ (gear x) had about 220% potency before, now it's about 72% (82% with scanner I guess). Why wasn't he normalized to 100%? And I shudder at some of the other characters who didn't start at 200%+.

GEAR VIII RESISTANCE TROOPER, WHO RELIES ON HIS EXPOSE, HAS 10% POTENCY. This is Tarkin territory.

The whole thing has been one poorly thought through experiment after another. And I feel like the white rat. Luckily, I've found the exit to the maze.

It came from their update note.

You misunderstand. It'd be fine if they took QGJ and normalized him to 100% potency. But why would someone with basically un-resistable become so far under 100% with the normalization?

And other toons, who were in a decent potency range, become incapable of landing a debuff.

This is not normalization. This is changing the underlying game mechanics to make their mods mandatory.
  • Options
    Upgrading a mod is part of daily stuff now it seems just finished it even though I'd already finished daily.
  • Options
    Check the NEW potency of your chars and laugh.
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Options
    lol they just increased the cost dramatically to upgrade a mod, is this precraft all over again? Also mod challenges not dropping mods 100% anymore. Does this company learn? Is this the solution, really?

they have no brains. most players have gotten used to being **** in freemium games so they took the **** to a whole new level.

ea/cg should be ashamed of themselves
  • Options
    Kelthuzad wrote: »

Guys they didn't nerf potency they changed the way it works, read the update....if you test it out it's no different.
  • eldredpe
    142 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Check this out.

Misc. Changes
    Potency and Tenacity have been normalized to exist between 0% and 100% when obtained through Gear. This was done to provide both a more readable number for comparison’s sake and also for balance reasons associated with Mods. Both of these values may exceed 100% through the usage of Mods and the comparison itself remains unchanged at this time.

Not normalized, decimated. QGJ (gear x) had about 220% potency before, now it's about 72% (82% with scanner I guess). Why wasn't he normalized to 100%? And I shudder at some of the other characters who didn't start at 200%+.

GEAR VIII RESISTANCE TROOPER, WHO RELIES ON HIS EXPOSE, HAS 10% POTENCY. This is Tarkin territory.

The whole thing has been one poorly thought through experiment after another. And I feel like the white rat. Luckily, I've found the exit to the maze.

It came from their update note.

You misunderstand. It'd be fine if they took QGJ and normalized him to 100% potency. But why would someone with basically un-resistable become so far under 100% with the normalization?

And other toons, who were in a decent potency range, become incapable of landing a debuff.

This is not normalization. This is changing the underlying game mechanics to make their mods mandatory.

I don't think you understand what normalization means. They're referring to it in the statistical sense.

He has the same potency he had before. It's just on a scale of 0-100 rather than 0-2xx (whatever the max potency in the game was). The mechanics didn't change. Just the way they're presented.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Guys they didn't nerf potency they changed the way it works, read the update....if you test it out it's no different.

You try it. Doesn't work for me.
  • Options
    Chewy... Really that was **** stupid give us shards for a good character or better yet give us a 3 star Cody for all the **** you put us through. This was downright scummy.
  • Options

You try it. Doesn't work for me.

I did I went into a raid and QGJ Rex and Teebo were easily keeping the Rancor TM locked still
  • Options
    over 500k credits to upgrade a mod now to level 15
  • eldredpe
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Chewy... Really that was **** **** give us shards for a good character or better yet give us a 3 star Cody for all the **** you put us through. This was downright scummy.

They gave shards for Chewie because everybody has Chewie. It's a present even a day one player can utilize.
  • Options
    eldredpe wrote: »
    Chewy... Really that was **** **** give us shards for a good character or better yet give us a 3 star Cody for all the **** you put us through. This was downright scummy.

They gave shards for Chewie because everybody has Chewie. It's a present even a day one player can utilize.

Which noone will because he sucks....would rather have Jawa shards or RG lol way more usefull.
  • Options
    He has the same potency he had before. It's just on a scale of 0-100 rather than 0-2xx (whatever the max potency in the game was). The mechanics didn't change. Just the way they're presented.

Well my guildie has a 125% teebo so there goes your 0-100 theory
  • Options
    So an hour ago my Dooku was 303% potency, now is 88%. The 2 scanners I bought, last night refresh, and this morning had 40%, now 10%. Mod drop rates are ****. T3 challenges are not even 5* anymore.

• Catarra
    67 posts Member
    Options
    It's nice that they've upped the GW rewards. Now if they would just fix it so that I'm not meeting the fully leveled, geared, starred, and modded team from the pits of the underworld on node 12, maybe I could actually take advantage of those new rewards.
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Options

They could have given us a free new Jawa or whatever. The new players don't realize what the mess is all about anyway ;)
  • Options
    HEADS UP
    Rarity 6 and 7 mods drop from Heroic Rancor!
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Also Tier 6, dunno about lower than that.
  • Options
    Health only so far reported by guild
  • Options
    Just tested on rancor yeah this is a nerf big time. No doubt about it. It isn't representation. My guild does regular t7 heroic. And no way in hell it was all roses and they just changed simple representation. Either they screwed up. Or they purposely screwed us over.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone post a link to the update notes? Can't find them.
  • Options
    I have a hunch, Chewie might be getting an update in skills, stats.. otherwise giving his shards out as compensation is totally confusing. I have decided to refer to recent updates as 3 card monte. (Look it up, it'll make sense).
  • Options

There are none.
  • Options

They did. It's one word. HAHA
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

They did. It's one word. HAHA

Yea pretty much whatever you say makes me laugh lol.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    I have a hunch, Chewie might be getting an update in skills, stats.. otherwise giving his shards out as compensation is totally confusing. I have decided to refer to recent updates as 3 card monte. (Look it up, it'll make sense).

He doesn't need an update, he just needs you to mod him. Devs don't have to waste time thinking about skills and stats anymore, they've handed the construction box to us.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    man, I want to party with these guys tonight. Best troll in a game and people spent money hand over fist to participate.