Update is out

124Next

Replies

• Options
    eldredpe wrote: »
    He has the same potency he had before. It's just on a scale of 0-100 rather than 0-2xx (whatever the max potency in the game was). The mechanics didn't change. Just the way they're presented.

Well my guildie has a 125% teebo so there goes your 0-100 theory

Mods can improve Potency as well.
  • Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    nimroad2 wrote: »
    Check this out.

Misc. Changes
    Potency and Tenacity have been normalized to exist between 0% and 100% when obtained through Gear. This was done to provide both a more readable number for comparison’s sake and also for balance reasons associated with Mods. Both of these values may exceed 100% through the usage of Mods and the comparison itself remains unchanged at this time.

Not normalized, decimated. QGJ (gear x) had about 220% potency before, now it's about 72% (82% with scanner I guess). Why wasn't he normalized to 100%? And I shudder at some of the other characters who didn't start at 200%+.

GEAR VIII RESISTANCE TROOPER, WHO RELIES ON HIS EXPOSE, HAS 10% POTENCY. This is Tarkin territory.

The whole thing has been one poorly thought through experiment after another. And I feel like the white rat. Luckily, I've found the exit to the maze.

It came from their update note.

You misunderstand. It'd be fine if they took QGJ and normalized him to 100% potency. But why would someone with basically un-resistable become so far under 100% with the normalization?

And other toons, who were in a decent potency range, become incapable of landing a debuff.

This is not normalization. This is changing the underlying game mechanics to make their mods mandatory.
    He has the same potency he had before. It's just on a scale of 0-100 rather than 0-2xx (whatever the max potency in the game was). The mechanics didn't change. Just the way they're presented.

Stop. Just stop. You have no business using numbers. Now finish up your 15 minute break and go back to your patty flipping jobs.
    Check this out.

Misc. Changes
    Potency and Tenacity have been normalized to exist between 0% and 100% when obtained through Gear. This was done to provide both a more readable number for comparison’s sake and also for balance reasons associated with Mods. Both of these values may exceed 100% through the usage of Mods and the comparison itself remains unchanged at this time.

Not normalized, decimated. QGJ (gear x) had about 220% potency before, now it's about 72% (82% with scanner I guess). Why wasn't he normalized to 100%? And I shudder at some of the other characters who didn't start at 200%+.

GEAR VIII RESISTANCE TROOPER, WHO RELIES ON HIS EXPOSE, HAS 10% POTENCY. This is Tarkin territory.

The whole thing has been one poorly thought through experiment after another. And I feel like the white rat. Luckily, I've found the exit to the maze.

It came from their update note.

You misunderstand. It'd be fine if they took QGJ and normalized him to 100% potency. But why would someone with basically un-resistable become so far under 100% with the normalization?

And other toons, who were in a decent potency range, become incapable of landing a debuff.

This is not normalization. This is changing the underlying game mechanics to make their mods mandatory.

I don't think you understand what normalization means. They're referring to it in the statistical sense.

This man understands. Sounds like HE paid attention in middle school.
    NORMALIZATION just means they changed the variables used to DESCRIBE potency. For example, if potency had a minimum of 10, and a max of 100, and it always went up in multiples of 10, then instead of saying that potency is on a scale from 10-100, you could simplify things and say it's on a scale from 1-10. That's what happened here. Since no one knew what a 270% potency meant, they NORMALIZED it so that all geared toons fall within a 1-100 range instead. It's all still the same distribution, relative to other toons. As for your "magic" Teebo, they also clearly said that mods would be able to push toons PAST 100%. Admittedly not an ideal system, but they pretty much had to do it that way with the insane increases mods give. Stop assuming that people who try to rationally explain statistics to you are somehow **** who don't understand your very clearly made, but hopelessly incorrect, comments.
  • Options
    cmjstota wrote: »
    Upgrading a mod is part of daily stuff now it seems just finished it even though I'd already finished daily.

They just made my Omegas dependent on modding. This is complete trash.
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    woooo 6 star mods as raid rewards!
  • Lillegre
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    I don't see either of the 2 Jawas in Cantina shipments or in Arena.

You need to wait for the next natural refresh (midnight etc), or pay xtal to refresh! Again, insult to injury!
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Either they nerfed potency or they significantly buffed the captain's tenacity in P1. The rules have changed, he resists like crazy now.
  • Options
    Rewards for GW are now about ~570k.

So they increased credit payouts by around 40%.

At least it's better than nothing...

Not even close. It's about 15% more.
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Either they nerfed potency or they significantly buffed the captain's tenacity in P1. The rules have changed, he resists like crazy now.

Something like that. Pretty sure they normalized the potency but forgot to normalize the pig captain's tenacity. My Rex, who used to proc tm reduction about 30-40% of the time didn't land a single one in about 20 shots. It's amateur hour at CG/EA.
  • Options
    We all know TM chars were overpowered for raids. This is the least of ourconcerns
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    so in addition to now only having a chance to drop mod instead of a guaranteed one, tier 3 of challenges can also give you rank 3 and 4 mods instead of only rank 5. Welp.

Wait, what? Are you F!$@$ng kidding? This is the first I'm hearing this. It's not bad enough to lower the drop rate but now it's only going to be a fraction of the drop rate to get level 5? I'm done....Pokemon go time!
  • Options
    They lowered the drop rate on mods...now it's going to be even harder to catch up with these dam whales
  • Options
    M31Andro wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »
    so in addition to now only having a chance to drop mod instead of a guaranteed one, tier 3 of challenges can also give you rank 3 and 4 mods instead of only rank 5. Welp.

Wait, what? Are you F!$@$ng kidding? This is the first I'm hearing this. It's not bad enough to lower the drop rate but now it's only going to be a fraction of the drop rate to get level 5? I'm done....Pokemon go time!

This is absolutely true.
  • Options
    Check this out.

Misc. Changes

There are players with toons that had 300% potency before the update. Why would you think 220% would scale down to 100%?
  • Options
    They will come after refresh.

Not true. I can purchase shards for the two new jaws right now. Why does EA roll out features that sometimes aren't available to everyone?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Amalthea So what potency does Tarkin have now? Negative?
  • Options
    Bjpac04 wrote: »
    Mods don't drop 100%...yea that solves all the problems now! Now the ones who have mods have an even bigger head stsrt then others who couldn't afford it. LOL

Wow that's insane!
  • eldredpe
    142 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

They said in the update over 100% was still attainable. Whatever they chose as their high end number to make 1.0 wasn't the global maximum potency number.

Still the same concept, statistically, though.

*EDIT: It's from mods, as people have noted above.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

They said in the update over 100% was still attainable. Whatever they chose as their high end number to make 1.0 wasn't the global maximum potency number.

Give me link. What update? I do not see anything!
  • Options
    Rewards for GW are now about ~570k.

So they increased credit payouts by around 40%.

At least it's better than nothing...

Not even close. It's about 15% more.

How's that?

It was ~400k, and now it's ~570k

400*1.4 = 560

40% increase.

Math and this thread do not seem to agree.
  • eldredpe
    142 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Give me link. What update? I do not see anything!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/53649/game-update-7-12-2016#latest

"Potency and Tenacity have been normalized to exist between 0% and 100% when obtained through Gear. This was done to provide both a more readable number for comparison’s sake and also for balance reasons associated with Mods. Both of these values may exceed 100% through the usage of Mods and the comparison itself remains unchanged at this time."
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Ok thank you! It's a lie though. I know my Qui Gon.