Calm down

Replies

• Options
    It was nerfed. I just did T7 P1 and was at 50% on P3 when I backed out. Client need to be restarted. Go back in and I was almost killed by pig before he was 20% down. Resists galore.

I'm about to have a whole lotta money back in my bank account and an empty icon space where star wars was. In the past 3 days alone I spent a ton to max potency so my guild could try T7. Nerfing it after I spent all that is junk.
  • Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    it was completely nerfed... do u even play the game or do u work for EA?
    it wasn't though. Just people freaking out and more then likely people lying about all the resists to add fuel to the fire

You're wrong.
  • Options
    If you have no clue what you are talking about, don't post. As far as raids go potency was nerfed through the floor.
  • Options
    Unless you have the mods that increase potency.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I swear it's like a witch hunt on here. Potancy was not nerfed read the post before complaining.
    You guys were complaining about how easy it was to get mods for whales and how it wasn't fair , so they changed it just like you asked. And before you start complaining more about pre rafting 2.0 remember that this is only part 1 of the fix that they had to rush out because you couldn't be patient and let things normalize before throwing a hissy fit. The devs are listening and trying to do what they can to make you cry baby's happy. Calm your **** and give them some time

Don't post about things you clearly don't understand. I've just come from P1 heroic and either potency is nerfed or the captain's tenacity is doubled.

+100. They nerfed potency. I've played QGJ since the beginning of raids. The adds rarely if ever resisted him. He didn't land once even on the adds just now. No matter what they tell me in the update notes, this means Daka is useless and RG as well. And that is easy to find out really.
  • Tuln
    48 posts Member
    Options
    Tuln wrote: »
    Snake2 wrote: »
    And yet people are reporting huge numbers of resists in raids.
    And others saying there is no change good old rng for ya

No they're not. Just had ten resists in a row on my Teebo in t7. He was 80% pre-update.

I doubt it your just trying to add more fuel to the fire

No. I took captain to enrage. One Teebo hit reduced tm. Two qgj basics, and 0 Phasma slows, including hitting the guard and brute.
  • Options
    Parad1sel wrote: »
    If you have no clue what you are talking about, don't post. As far as raids go potency was nerfed through the floor.
    It was normalized not nerfed read the patch notes werher or not they added something to the raids could be a different story we won't know for sure till we the patch notes either way people complaints about soloing t7 are mute now
  • Options
    With the track record they have, I'm wondering if they normalized potency but forgot to make the corresponding change to resist
  • Options
    please close this thread. trolling i smell do i
  • Options
    please close this thread. trolling i smell do i
    Nope I'm just being rational unlike the rest of you
  • Options
    Larfleeze wrote: »
    With the track record they have, I'm wondering if they normalized potency but forgot to make the corresponding change to resist
    could be possible. Not enough information out there yet

• Options
    you! are a fake! cg account, never ever any discussions created. suddenly poof here you are. **** and i quote... m...o....r....o....n....s
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    First off i want to know how you guys know that the potency was normalized.

Here is another question. WHY was potency 'normalized'? What was wrong with the numbers? Even if it would have reached 1200 so what? I don't buy this.
  • Options
    It was normalized not nerfed read the patch notes werher or not they added something to the raids could be a different story we won't know for sure till we the patch notes either way people complaints about soloing t7 are mute now

****...hilarious. :D
  • Options

Just answer a question, have you tried a G10 Teebo on a T7 raid since the update?

I have as have several guild mates (and people I trust here on the forum) and can certainly say the results aren't just bad RNG.

So, uh, try it then tell everyone if you're right.
  • Options

It was nerfed. When it works before a patch and doesn't after that's called a nerf.

And who complained about soloing T7? You and your invisible friend? Everyone I saw was congratulating the people who did it. I decided I was going to give it a shot, I was at 50% on P3 when I backed out to restart due to some bad luck, I come back to resist resist resist.
  • Options

It was nerfed. When it works before a patch and doesn't after that's called a nerf.

And who complained about soloing T7? You and your invisible friend? Everyone I saw was congratulating the people who did it. I decided I was going to give it a shot, I was at 50% on P3 when I backed out to restart due to some bad luck, I come back to resist resist resist.

To be fair, being able to solo t7 is bad.
    It doesn't make sense.
    The hardest raid meant for 50 lvl 80 players, just became soloable over night because of broken mod balance.
    That isn't right.

The solution to that however shouldn't be to just nerf potency.
    The solution to that should have been to scale the whole mod multiplier to 1/4th or 1/6th of what it is now.

It would have been a great patch if the mods didn't completely break balance.
  • Options

That's not how that works in the least a nerd is when somethings number change making it worse then before only thing I can think of is that the raid got a buff to stop the complaints
    There were multiple ones
  • Options
    boellefisk wrote: »

It doesn't make sense.
    The hardest raid meant for 50 lvl 80 players, just became soloable over night because of broken mod balance.
    That isn't right.

The solution to that should have been to scale the whole mod multiplier to 1/4th or 1/6th of what it is now.

i agree with you, mods such as 94% protection is too high, i would say max 15 or even 20% NOT 94% same with offense 47% really. i mean come-on just nerf mod strength dont mess the game up even further. bunch of monkeys
  • Options

Just answer a question, have you tried a G10 Teebo on a T7 raid since the update?

I have as have several guild mates (and people I trust here on the forum) and can certainly say the results aren't just bad RNG.

So, uh, try it then tell everyone if you're right.
    im right about the normalization there is the possibility raids were buffed to stop people from soling it

• Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    First off i want to know how you guys know that the potency was normalized.

Here is another question. WHY was potency 'normalized'? What was wrong with the numbers? Even if it would have reached 1200 so what? I don't buy this.
    Says exactly that in the patch notes that's how
    Probably to not show something like 450% Potancy and just make it look cleaner.
  • Options
    you! are a fake! cg account, never ever any discussions created. suddenly poof here you are. **** and i quote... m...o....r....o....n....s
    nah just fed up with complainers jumping to conclusions like you

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Amen to that
  • Options
    boellefisk wrote: »

It doesn't make sense.
    That isn't right.

I agree, just remember this is part 1 of the fix there's more coming
  • boellefisk
    331 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    nah just fed up with complainers jumping to conclusions like you

You say potency isn't nerfed.
    But, it's in raids where potency is most important. Changing that for the worse is a nerf.
    Maybe it is a justified nerf, but a nerf it is. Saying it isn't, is a pain lie, no matter how you look at it - because the use of potency was just significantly reduced where it matters.
    Personally, I absolutely don't mind that potency was nerfed, especially since it is possible to buff it with mods - but that's besides the point. It was nerfed where it matters.
    I kindof see where you are comming from, seeing as there are a lot of complaints about almost everything about the patch (mainly because it really has been a total disaster balance wise) but at the same time there is no reason to sugar coat it.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    OP you are absolutely clueless. Potency definitely took a dive in raids, not sure about arena yet. Multiple reports, and I tried it myself. Things that worked before the update in raids no longer worked.

AKA, nerf.
  • Options
    I swear it's like a witch hunt on here. Potancy was not nerfed read the post before complaining.
    You guys were complaining about how easy it was to get mods for whales and how it wasn't fair , so they changed it just like you asked. And before you start complaining more about pre rafting 2.0 remember that this is only part 1 of the fix that they had to rush out because you couldn't be patient and let things normalize before throwing a hissy fit. The devs are listening and trying to do what they can to make you cry baby's happy. Calm your **** and give them some time

Teebo's potency is low than is was before he was modded. Pre-mod, 80%; mod 125%, NOW: 66%
  • Bik
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Uncertain what "normalized" means in the context that it's being used here, however, my guild is currently running a T7. I run a G10 maxed Teebo ( lead ) along with G11 maxed QGJ. Just finished Phase 1. I didn't land one TM reduction on either toon, nor did Phasma land speed down. In my little corner of the Star Wars universe, that isn't "Normal".

I wanted to have a bit of hope that the Devs would fix the collosal mistake they made with the mods in this patch, but instead I was given yet another one finger salute and asked to open my wallet to rush for potency mods as the gear / toons I worked months on pre-patch have just been made "raid useless".

Couple that with the uselessness of trying to compete in arena & GW due to the aforementioned mod patch, and Im now left with one sliver of happiness to give thanks for in the recent adjustments ( simming challenges ).

Special thanks to the game desiners for proving my theory that the eternal quest for the almighty dollar supercedes intelligent and well thought out / tested progression patches.

Sadly, I will likely be in line behind the hordes of others leaving due to this and other recent unnecessary changes that have ruined what had the potential to be one of the best games made for the mobile platform to date.

A final thought before I close.... Games such as these cannot thrive indefinitely by appealing to the whales only. Simply keeping the "minnows" with a few extra dollars to chuck in periodically ( ie... 100 gems a day pack was great ) and guaranteeing yourself steady residual income would have kept you in business much longer.

SemperFi,
    Rebzz
  • Options

Teebo's potency is low than is was before he was modded. Pre-mod, 80%; mod 125%, NOW: 66%

Mine was 157%, now it's 93% and he was resisted 10 of 12, 9 of 10, 7 of 7 times.

Those results don't look like 93% chance to succeed, more like 93% chance to fail. Maybe we are supposed to have lower potency for it to work now? I'll delete my scanners etc and see~
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    papnwors wrote: »
    papnwors wrote: »
    Lol!
    So we asked for a need to drop rates, more RNG and 500k credit costs to level a 5 dot mod.
    Which forum have you been reading?
    It was a way to slow down people getting them exactly what you guys where whining about.

No it was a way to make those who could afford it buy refreshes and screw over the other 95%...again.
    Nothing needed it be slowed down, people wanted the mods themselves nerfed. I.e. Their stats, not how to acquire them!
    Who wants to waste the most expensive and slowest energy to get nothing?? That is not what anyone wanted!
    We have been short on credits for months so they raise the cost of leveling mods.
    Honestly bro you seem completely out of touch with what the issues were or perhaps @Scorpion1980 is right and you're a fake cg account
    or I'm just rational and realize that they never intend for this update and only rolled it out because of your complaints. They said there are more tweaks coming give it time

Yeah because the first "tweaks" have just been marvelous haven't they?
    You really still don't get the big picture do you?

P.S. I just simmed 8 of the highest tier health mod challenges and got 1x5dot mod.
    Game is officially pointless now.