Steep cost of removing mods

We all know the credit crunch is really getting out of hand. The cost to upgrade mods was increased, many people can't complete GW and receive the bulk of their daily credits, etc. One thing I have noticed that really adds to the credit issue is the cost of removing mods.

Most people do not have even 30 5•, but let's assume they all do, because that's what everyone is working towards. You obviously want to maximize your mod usage so to start you fully equipped your Arena team with all 30 mods. Then you need to do GW, so you chamge your mods from an Arena squad to another team.You probably start with a B or C team until that gets smoked on Node 6. Then you change mods into a new team, Node 9, and then again into another new team at Node 11, and maybe again at Node 12. (4 total changes so far)

Then it's time to raid. So you mod out your raid team 1, then 2, then 3, etc, for 5 more mod changes.

Now, I know that removing a full set of 5• level 15 mods is 26 or 28k (I can't remember so let's call it 27k per character, which isn't a lot of credits. But you did that 27k 5 times (one for each toon in your group), that's 135,000 credits. And then in one day you switched out mod groups 9 times = just over 1.2million credits. Which is more than double what you get for one complete GW! Which is absolutely ridiculous. The cost to get the mods(cantina and crystals) and upgrade them is borderline exorbitant as it is to exacerbate the situation further by nickel and diming use to death for mod removal. It's credit death by 10,000 paper cuts.

Obviously, I'm aware that most people do not switch this much, or plan their mod switching better, but the point is you shouldn't have to! I already bought, upgraded and use the mods, why can I not use them as I see fit? Why triple tax me on something that is already high priced, in both real and opportunity costs?

Please remove the costs to move mods around. The only price I should currently pay for mod moving is using the clunky mod UI.

Replies

• Options
    +1
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    I use the same team node 1-11. It's mostly the same as my arena team. At 12 is where things can get dicey. I tried doing the switching teams thing, but with built up tm, this usually works better for me. I don't swap mods around, I just know some have them and some don't. Why spend half my gw income on moving mods? If I can't get past 12, at least I haven't blown the most useful commodity, and am ahead of where I'd be monetarily with swapping and winning. Last node is what, 76k? In the long run, it's not worth it. Maybe if I was guaranteed a Vader shard instead of yet another extra Lumi shard, or that time I got ugnaught...I was so mad.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Not Ed bough credits
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Call it sadistic, but I think it's too cheap to remove a mod.

This game has nothing to distinguish toons. My G10 Phasma is exactly the same as everyone else's G10 phasma. At least when mods are on there, there are a few possible variations. Sorta like a skill branch in a game where you reach decision trees. And your decisions are permanent.

But instead of permanent, there is a fee to reset mods. And actually the fee is super tiny.

When I see the same teams in arena day in day out, I don't want to have to check their stats every single day. And I would never want the hassle of changing mods in the middle of GW as a routine thing.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Call it sadistic, but I think it's too cheap to remove a mod.

This game has nothing to distinguish toons. My G10 Phasma is exactly the same as everyone else's G10 phasma. At least when mods are on there, there are a few possible variations. Sorta like a skill branch in a game where you reach decision trees. And your decisions are permanent.

But instead of permanent, there is a fee to reset mods. And actually the fee is super tiny.

When I see the same teams in arena day in day out, I don't want to have to check their stats every single day. And I would never want the hassle of changing mods in the middle of GW as a routine thing.

Completely agree. I like the idea of mods not being completely permanent, but I think they should be routinely switched among all characters either.
  • Options
    This is exactly what the cost is trying to prevent. Every team has a counter, so if one has a deep roster they only need to invest in roughly 45 mods to be able to beat any team. Then mods would really destroy the game and make other aspects--gear, rank, level--obsolete.
    What we need instead is adjusted drop rates, a maximum of five ranks instead of seven, and an alternate energy for the mod table--or at least a huge decrease energy cost as well as an increase on the energy cap and refresh rate on cantina energy.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    I'm confused. I paid to remove lvl 15 mods and completely lost them. There is no option to "destroy", just pay or cancel. When mine were gone I assumed, disappointingly, that was how it was intended to work and while shocked I wasn't surprised
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Even after you remove them, and you agree to the 4.8K, nothing really happens until you leave the screen. And you get the options to "revert" or "confirm". You have to confirm. So the mod might still be on your toon?

To get the option to destroy, you click on a new mod while that mod slot is already occupied. Then you get the option to "destroy" or to "remove" the currently installed mod. So you have to pay attention; if you accidentally doubletap a mod while looking thru them, it will open this prompt to destroy. But you still have to hit "destroy" and then confirm.

If you click on the mod in your toon's mod screen, you only get the option to remove.

I might have made some mistakes, but I think this is the general way it works. Hope that helps. I doubt you destroyed a mod. It takes some effort.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    They need to add cost to remove mods because there's obviously no credit shortage and the game needs a credit sink