Mods or Farming.................The real question!!!

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Mods eat credits, shards eat credits, credits eat real cash or time...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    It makes sence to continue mod farming, even if the mod droprates increase in the future. When the droprate doesnt change you're in worse shape if you're not farming them now, than when they the droprate does change and you have been farming them all along.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Options
    With mods now tied directly to individual stats, you still have to star\gear\level your toons to see the full effects of the mods.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I like the 50-50 idea, except I can only do health / defense right now for mk5, mk3 for speed (and I can't even sim it).
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Back to farming Lando.... I have enough mods to remain competitive and I also realized that I would LOVE mods if they just weren't used in arena; i think they'd make the rest of the game GREAT again
  • Options
    Shards. I'm finally going after 7* Yoda.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Well after I got ZERO mods from a full cantina refresh, I'm going back to farming Chirpa, Aayla, and Anakin
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • CUNOMOR
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Done w mod farming for now. I got a lot of rare ones the first night, spent millions leveling them, just like a lot of players. The sudden change was a kick in the jimmy.
    I don't appreciate the deception of it all. I want my credits back, and I want to see what mods actually look like when they finishing meddling w them. Then maybe I'll try again.
    For now, farming toons.
  • Options
    I've only simmed the mod challenge 3 times since the drop rate nerf. Got a MK5 rank C speed-primary mod. Stopped while I'm ahead.
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    Options
    With all the changes and issues plaguing Mods, have you just abandoned farming Mods and instead returned to your farms instead??

Initially I stopped my farms to get in on the action but then Pre-craft 3.0 was released and drop rates were nerfed/prices increased and then most of the players felt scammed so I halted my Mod farming and just returned to farming shards as a safe move just to see what if anything EA/CG can do to fix this judging by earlier experiences....

What are you doing these days?? Shout out!!!

Toons first mods later i wish raid would drop t5 mods at 50% cahnce to get 1, herioc raids anyway just 1, the new raid will drop mods but who knows how far away it is
  • Options
    brett94 wrote: »
    the new raid will drop mods but who knows how far away it is

Coming soon to Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes, the Tank Takedown Raid. This raid will set you against General Grievous, his troop of battle droids, and the AAT itself. If you can defeat them, you’ll earn powerful new rewards, such as raid exclusive Mods.

• Options
    energy to characters (that unlock mod challenges)
    credits to mods
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mods rock. If you don't equip them OF COURSE everyone else is overpowered. Here's what I'm doing:

Focused the early mod tables to get 1-2* quality mods, (because any bonus is better than no bonus). As soon as I had my A, B, and C, teams modded with said quality mods leveled to 15 for the bonuses, I saw a great increase in "getting back to where I was". Pretty much back in my arena rank range I was before, GW is more beatable.

Once you've done this, you can try spending some energy on the Energy Challenges for higher quality mods. I also love the slot of it and how many unique mods there are. Super awesome addition to the game.

Large numbers of forum users felt blindsided by the addition of mods, but I think it was more about the difference in power (which they tweaked) than the mechanic of the thing.

For those still struggling with how to spend their cantina energy, I'd say the only character you NEED to farm using Cantina Energy is....no one. You still get Cantina tokens from the mod table that you can use to get Qui-Gon or Daka.

The puzzle got another dimension it really needed. I'm not saying it's perfect yet, but it's a way better game now than it was a week ago. Anyone who lost rank for a couple days is less likely to agree with my right now, but in another week or so, I bet most of them will be back on top where they were.

Equip your mods!

**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Got screwed with the mods being nerfed so back to farming regular style.