It's a shame developers have said nothing

Replies

• Options
    No one from EA is listening.... Our heroic raid has been majorly broke for a month and zero action. They truly don't care about their customers... Or now former customers...
  • Options
    I wish they'd just roll the whole thing back, refund all the credits and crystals spent on mods and go back to the drawing board. Recruit a couple of guilds for beta testing future updates, and release updates when they know how players will react.
  • Ryanodo
    82 posts Member
    Options
    They're just behaving like any corporation.

Devs( who probably do care): we have a problem
    Fat executive: what are the numbers?
    Dev: good.
    Fat exec: I don't see a problem then
    Dev: we are losing players tho and people are upset
    Fat exec: the numbers are good though

As long as people pay, they won't care. In fact, coming from an environment like this, I'll even say that the people reporting are just reporting what the fat cats want to hear. So they problem isn't real yet. Just sweep it under the rug and hope for the best. This happened a ton with other EA games too. It's just the nature of this beast I guess.

Plus they made battlefront boring after two months. But I digress...
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse ... my hope lies entirely in the fact that one of you CG/EA types posted something about 3 upcoming updates whose purpose would be to change or balance or fine tune mods. If I'm not mistaken, we've had one so far. Are we still to expect 2 more updates to hopefully improve this situation? The silence at a time like this is deafening.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    What's up?
  • Options
    Last, her post is cryptic in order to keep it from being deleted.
  • Max10
    43 posts Member
    Options
    Is Last Jedi a mole from CG/EA to spread their fallacious reasoning and make light of their seemingly shady business practices?
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Max10 wrote: »
    Is Last Jedi a mole from CG/EA to spread their fallacious reasoning and make light of their seemingly shady business practices?

No, just an obvious troll.
  • Options
    No one from EA is listening....

They do, they just don't respond... they show online activity so they are reading the forums, just electing not to post - very disappointing.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    they're not going to give you a job there no matter how much bloviating you do, now quit begging.
    LastJedi wrote: »
    It's a complicated issue. Who has been hurt? How do you quantify it?

I hear one guy complaining he rolled for speed and potency mods, and now wants a refund because they're worthless. Myself, and many others, think speed and potency mods are probably the best ones?!?

I don't understand the complete scope of damage, because I did not spend 400 dollars buying mods on day one. I don't understand the motivation of that person, what they expected to achieve, nor how the changes destroy that, completely. And w/e damage these whalers experienced, I don't see how that affects the other 99% of players.

I don't understand the damage that was done to free players, either. I spent 2/3 of my credits on mods, and I wish I had spent more!?

I don't understand the problem with Arena or GW. My arena ranking went up a little. And is sliding back, now that other people are modding up. And it's essentially unchanged. GW difficulty went up a bit. I modded up more of my toons. It's easy as ever.

Can you share your own personal experience? What damage was done to you? What did you spend? What do you want for compensation? What is the PROBLEM. For you, specifically?

We got screwed. We got shafted. We were wronged. I keep hearing this and I do not feel like I am part of it. I'd rather read posts that say start with "I," so I can understand what the heck the uproar is all about.

• Options
    My reason for no longer playing is that I spent months farming and grinding gear for certain characters to make them perform in a certain way. Some worked better with others and if you worked at it long enough, you developed an effective squad or squads based on their abilities and attributes which were known and predictable - short of dodge or evasion effects but that was manageable too if you accepted that luck didn't always go your way.

The mods changed all of that and virtually made redundant all of the laborious farming of gear because now, it just came down to the strength of mods - which if you were fortunate to load up on in the first 24 hours of their release has made your characters extremely strong with qualities that were counter to their original intent. Pity those that didn't. A shard-mate has built an ST Han up to a speed in excess of 200. I'm not sure a tank was ever meant to be of that speed. Tanks were characters with an ability to absorb high DPS but generally slow, short of TM effects from taunts. Many Rey's now have the ability to OHK and have their health and protection amped up to tank levels.

In effect, my efforts for 6 months are no longer valid - it was just if you were in the right place at the right time.

Others complain of lack of credits and rightly so. You need credits (from GW) to attempt to score and upgrade mods. The paradox is that you need strong mods in order to earn credits to then obtain and upgrade those mods.

What a ridiculous and unworkable situation. Sorry, you've lost me.

• Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Parableman wrote: »
    I don't get it. They made the mods OP. They fixed a whole bunch of things and then said outright that they needed to let the changes they made run for a while to see how they go. Then you complain that they're letting things run for a while to see how they go, and you're acting like they promised the opposite of what they said? What would they be posting about when they said they wouldn't be? Very weird. Be glad they fixed so much over the weekend. Nearly everything they did was really, really good. They fixed the tenacity bug in the raid. They took mods way down so they're much more like other ways to affect character development instead of dominating. GW is more doable than it was a few days ago, even if it's still too hard on the last node or two. Mods are no longer trumping character stats and are now allowing gear and base stats still to play a role. They did say they were interested in making more changes, but they also said they were going to see how these changes played out first, and that didn't seem like a day or two but maybe a week or more. So why are you expecting anything at all other than what they said, which was to watch how things go for a while?

Ok so they made some changes and said they would sit back and see how it played out (I never saw that post, but I'll take your word for it).
    In the interim, there have been hundreds/thousands of posts detailing exactly what is still wrong. They have had several days worth of data to back up or refute those suggestions. Now is the time to speak up and give us *something* in the way of comnunication. An idea of what they are looking to fix. An acknowledgement that there are still some issues that they will look to fix. Something. I've been around her for several months and the one constant complaint in all that time has been about the lack of communication.

In the meantime, people are getting frustrated with the issues not being addressed, not being acknowledged, not being spoken to. Some of those people seem to be resorting to alternate means to get their point across (the "R" word) or just plain giving up on the game. Many others are showing their displeasure through their ratings of the game and by altering their spending habits.
    I really believe that most people playing this game are adults and are reasonable, all they want is some acknowledgement that their voices are being heard. Yes, every dev comment is going to result in a certain amount of negativity from a very vocal minority, but the rest of us appreciate it.

Keep towing the company line mate.

The issue is not what the mods are now, the issue is what they were initially sold as and the con to cause a panic buy. Which I fell for after the first pre-craft debacle.

People (myself included) are upset because they feel they were conned. I would like to think this was due to gross incompetence by the developers (ie not realising what effect the power of the initial mods would have on the game) rather than the other reason for the releases....

Your entire argument that we got something that gives an advantage is lacking in substance. Yes I got an advantage by spending a crap load of crystals however if I had realised that the advantage was as limited as it has become, I would have saved my crystals and progressed the slow grind like everything else. After all we can get mods for free.

A large portion of my crystals would have been better spend farming gear and character shards.

Anyhow that's my experience.

I'll keep playing but it has put a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

No need to reply, we already know you love the mods and don't really care about anyone who disagrees with their release.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Fair enough, but I think the anger is over the fact that we haven't been given the opportunity to decide that for ourselves. The $8.00 Bologna has been put in the freezer with a strict no-return policy. Some people may think $8.00 is a good deal for that Bologna, some may think it's not. But what a lot of people are saying is that they might not have spent their whole budget to stock up on it at that price.
    I hear you. I just wonder, after thinking about it, and playing, and understanding what it is you bought. Pretend you HAVE a choice, now. Do you really want to return your mods? How many of them? All of them? None of them?

Being honest with myself, considering the current state of the game will not change, considering the price of these mods will not come down, I keep every single one of my mods. It is a no brainer. Yes, having a new (mandatory, in my mind) credit sink makes the grind longer. Yes, this means I have less credits for leveling and promoting toons. But refunding and rolling back my mods does not change that. I put those credits right back into mods. Then after that is done, go back to farming shards and leveling toons. Do I care that I wasn't given a choice? Yes, but what is the quantifiable damage, there?

Does this mean everyone who bought pre-nerf mods should get compensated equally? 100 crystals? Chewie shards? We all lost that decision. Even the ones that would have done it all over again. Is it based on the amount of mods one bought? Does the whale get an extra reward because he very wisely "invested" in 500 mods? Do the guys that still haven't even bought a mod get nothing, (aside from losing 200 spots in arena?)

Is rolling back everyone's mods to lvl 1 and refunding the credits a solution? Does this mean that the mods some of us leveled at 250K each will now take 500K to bring back to spec? And all the secondaries will be lost and rerolled? If you think the complaining is bad, now, just imagine the guys that lose their mods with +20 speed secondaries. That cat is already out of the bag.

Or does EA offer a temporary buyback? Can we sell back only the mods we don't want? Doesn't that further benefit the whale that bought 500 mods? Way more than his initial damage? Now he got only the best rolls for peanuts.

Or how about an offer that you can sell back ALL your mods for the complete leveling cost and refund of the cantina energy? All or nothing?

Or is the solution to increase GW payout to a million credits? Does that work? Is the real damage the resources you SPENT? Or because now, with mods, we will all have to spend these credits?

Seems pretty complicated to me. I think in the end, specific individuals who spent real money and are unhappy will have to pursue something on an individual basis.

The rest of us might get a free gift. Which really doesn't help anyone, lol. But I'll be first in line for a free 5 million in credits.
  • Options
    The devs and @LastJedi are playing the game as it's meant to be. The rest are all slow and cannot grasp the game. The rest are all cry babies. They don't have any patience, cannot learn to play and are all highly entitled.

@LastJedi, you rock!

Or are you so slow that you keep asking for reasons/ explanations in every thread? "Why? What's wrong? What happened? Why so mad?"

As I have posted in other threads, who does EA want to attract? Gamers who get deeply involved in the game (hence heavy complaints when things go wrong) , among them folks who pay real cash or gamers who are real casual about it (and any major changes, they'll go with the flow, it's just a game) and don't drop cash.

• Options
    Looks like they are all fired or on summer vacations =)
  • Taniwha
    120 posts Member
    Options
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Options
    You rock, CJ :D
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Kurgen wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Parableman wrote: »
    I don't get it. They made the mods OP. They fixed a whole bunch of things and then said outright that they needed to let the changes they made run for a while to see how they go. Then you complain that they're letting things run for a while to see how they go, and you're acting like they promised the opposite of what they said? What would they be posting about when they said they wouldn't be? Very weird. Be glad they fixed so much over the weekend. Nearly everything they did was really, really good. They fixed the tenacity bug in the raid. They took mods way down so they're much more like other ways to affect character development instead of dominating. GW is more doable than it was a few days ago, even if it's still too hard on the last node or two. Mods are no longer trumping character stats and are now allowing gear and base stats still to play a role. They did say they were interested in making more changes, but they also said they were going to see how these changes played out first, and that didn't seem like a day or two but maybe a week or more. So why are you expecting anything at all other than what they said, which was to watch how things go for a while?

Ok so they made some changes and said they would sit back and see how it played out (I never saw that post, but I'll take your word for it).
    In the interim, there have been hundreds/thousands of posts detailing exactly what is still wrong. They have had several days worth of data to back up or refute those suggestions. Now is the time to speak up and give us *something* in the way of comnunication. An idea of what they are looking to fix. An acknowledgement that there are still some issues that they will look to fix. Something. I've been around her for several months and the one constant complaint in all that time has been about the lack of communication.

In the meantime, people are getting frustrated with the issues not being addressed, not being acknowledged, not being spoken to. Some of those people seem to be resorting to alternate means to get their point across (the "R" word) or just plain giving up on the game. Many others are showing their displeasure through their ratings of the game and by altering their spending habits.
    I really believe that most people playing this game are adults and are reasonable, all they want is some acknowledgement that their voices are being heard. Yes, every dev comment is going to result in a certain amount of negativity from a very vocal minority, but the rest of us appreciate it.

Keep towing the company line mate.

The issue is not what the mods are now, the issue is what they were initially sold as and the con to cause a panic buy. Which I fell for after the first pre-craft debacle.

People (myself included) are upset because they feel they were conned. I would like to think this was due to gross incompetence by the developers (ie not realising what effect the power of the initial mods would have on the game) rather than the other reason for the releases....

Your entire argument that we got something that gives an advantage is lacking in substance. Yes I got an advantage by spending a **** load of crystals however if I had realised that the advantage was as limited as it has become, I would have saved my crystals and progressed the slow grind like everything else. After all we can get mods for free.

A large portion of my crystals would have been better spend farming gear and character shards.

Anyhow that's my experience.

I'll keep playing but it has put a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

No need to reply, we already know you love the mods and don't really care about anyone who disagrees with their release.

I think you either quoted the wrong person here or misread my post?
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Fair enough, but I think the anger is over the fact that we haven't been given the opportunity to decide that for ourselves. The $8.00 Bologna has been put in the freezer with a strict no-return policy. Some people may think $8.00 is a good deal for that Bologna, some may think it's not. But what a lot of people are saying is that they might not have spent their whole budget to stock up on it at that price.
    I hear you. I just wonder, after thinking about it, and playing, and understanding what it is you bought. Pretend you HAVE a choice, now. Do you really want to return your mods? How many of them? All of them? None of them?

Being honest, I'm no whale. I only spent a few hundred extra crystals to farm more mods at 100% drop rate and a few hundred 1000 credits to upgrade then. I probably wouldn't have done so had I known what changes were to come, but it also didn't change my game a whole lot. I'm not looking for anything for myself personally.

But I get the frustration and anger of those who spent big on these and then didn't get what they paid for. A lot of them are screaming and angry, so I am trying to help rationalize and express why I think they are so mad.

I've been on the receiving end of the "too bad for you" stick a few times (in my opinion) so I get it.
    Post edited by kello_511 on
  • JamDev
    262 posts Member
    Options
    The silence honestly seems bizarre to me, they must be aware they are losing paying customers every day.

The weird thing is they are normally so quick to compensate, and why not? It doesn't cost them anything and it's an effective way to keep the player base happy and engaged. They drop 500 crystals on us if their servers go down for a couple of minutes before anyone has time to even notice or complain, but in a situation where people feel like they have been literally robbed there isn't even an attempt at communication. It's very strange.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse !!!!!
  • Options
    How is it that we've not seen a demanding post from skunk? Where's the whales?
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Caeus_Gymkata
    66 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    I don't find the Mod 2.0 implementation to be game breaking like the first one was. It's just more of a face plant at this point. Credits and GW are still issues though. I won't spend anymore money in the short term because I fear it will get negated.

Before, all the mods were very powerful. Now, post nerf, only a few are. The RNG nature of this determines who gets said mods. I find the new mods far more unbalancing in arena than the old ones. Those who have struck gold and gotten five star speed mods for a few characters now rule the shard until the rest of us can get lucky.

They haven't really gotten speed right from the beginning. Honestly speed should be soft capped at like 150 and there should be diminishing returns after that. Otherwise it will always be desirable to load speed above anything on most characters. The same should be true of Dodge.
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So my post got deleted, but for those wondering on the source. There is a leaders channel on Line app and this was reported by one of the leaders, and another one of those notices has popped just now, so that's 2 so far.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    "primary reason this one is taking longer is due to the fact that it is undergoing serious testing to ensure that there are no outlying anomalies (e.g. OH NO, UNDERWORLD POLICE IS NOW OP!). I know that this is frustrating, but please understand, we need to make sure we hammer on this one a little bit more."

It's because they're getting "serious" this time lol...
  • Options
    Those that spend are also serious each time they spend, so why was none serious testing and implementation done in the first place?
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Granek
    50 posts Member
    Options
    DarthHomer wrote: »
    Parableman, let's put it this way:

You go into a restaurant and order a steak for dinner. Now this restaurant is a bit different in that they make you pay up front for your meal, and your only indication of what you're ordering is from the description on the menu. So you place your order and pay for it. Then your server brings your meal, and places the steak AND lobster in front of you, with all the trimmings. You decide that the meal was a good deal, and you decide to order even more, to go. And blow all your money on food at this restaurant for the next two days.

Then two days later, the restaurant comes to your house, takes all the food you paid for, and replaces it with Bologna sandwhiches. And tells you that if you want to eat again, you will have to pay 200-300% more for the Bologna sandwhiches than you did for the steak dinner. And they will no longer put steak dinners on their menu expect for 0.06% of the time.

But not only do they not even thank you for all the money you spent during those two days on your steak, or offer you a refund when they took your steak away and switched it with Bologna, but they tell you that they'll be "monitoring" things for "a while" (nice, vague term) to determine if anything might need to be changed again.

This bait and switch is why a lot of players are angry, and want to know what will be done, if anything to compensate them for the money they spent on steak once that steak was changed to Bologna...

+1
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    How is it that we've not seen a demanding post from skunk? Where's the whales?

We are developing a response at lordskunk. Our hope was to see an update this week. We are trying to give the CG team a chance to address the many issues created by last weeks multitude of changes. If we don't see reasonable actions this week, then we will have to take actions that best support the interests and rights of the community at large.

LordRath
  • Options
    Shame the mods close discussions relating to this same topic too. It's hard to take anyone related to the development and implementation of this game when they consistently stifle thread topics regarding this very issue.