There is no "credit crunch"

Replies

• leeroyjenkins
    136 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Drekulviin wrote: »
    Snake2 wrote: »
    Everyone never had everything. It takes a month to unlock the shards for a toon alone. That's for an easy to unlock character.

There are enough walls in this game without credits being the end all be all wall, rendering the other walls useless.

À month for a single character?? Man you should consider playing another game because you're bad at this one
    Do the maths ...game is 9 months old so in your math I should only have 9 characters (I'm F2p)
    Well I have 61 characters...23 are 7* .....huuuum!

One per month ? **** those 14 extras characters must come from mystery box

330 credits to 7 star. Even at 15 a day that is 22 days to 7 star one character. He is not that far off. That is only GW chars btw so if you started earlier, that ship has sailed and it is a month to go. The shards are definitely not the problem though. It is credits all the way. We are in a Serbia late 90s type hyperinflation and they are playing their fiddles while the game burns
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    And the highest level challenges give you 240 credits EVERY TIME!!! That's over 1,000 credits/day. :o

Don't forget the occasional 300 credits you might occasionally get in your bronze packs. If you get really lucky, you could potentially get 1500 credits free in a single day!
  • Options
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    no the fact is the credit crunch is irrelevant as it effects all equally. you have a choice. play with the big spenders and advance super quick for bragging rights. or progress at the same rate as everyone else.

people say you need mods to be able to compete in the arena... why ? either you are going up against People like yourself who are without mods.... (they just be as they suffer the same fate as you) or your playing against whales with there unbeatable bought teams. why should you be able to compete with them... they have paid real money to get where they are... you haven't so why on earth should you be able to compete with them ???

You haven't done GW much lately have you? That's where mods are hitting people the most. It's one thing to try and take down a top arena team in the actual arena. You have the choice to fight them or not and you always have a fresh team. Try 3 or 4 of them being forced on you in GW (which happens to be the primary source of credits for most people). It is a vicious cycle.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Credit crunch is so real I am thinking of doing some webcam stuff for SWGoH money.
    This stuff is real

LOL @Annastrasza! How the heck did I miss this?

The credit crunch IS real out there.

Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Angry_Mob wrote: »
    GW is the most significant source of credits.
    Can't complete GW without Mods.
    Can't get certain Mods without specific toons.
    Not enough credits to level up the specific toons needed to complete the Mod challenges.
    GW is the most significant source of credits.

Yep yep
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    how many people actually use crystals to buy credits ? I always assumed that only high spending players buy credits.

I have in the past. It's just easier sometimes. I've since stopped. Seems like the more I spend the more I need... Vicious cycle really. Still love the game, just wish the devs would listen to their base.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    There was a credit crunch before mods. Now after mods the credit crunch has only gotten worse! I finish GW everyday, not nearly enough.

I will not use crystals for credits. The game needs a rebalance.

Credits!!!
  • Options
    There is no credit crunch. Devs have taken care of it. See ea Jesse's post
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings,

One of the themes we’re seeing in some of the posts recently is that players are concerned about the need to spend Credits on Mods.

Please know that the dev team has planned for this and addressed the problem in the following ways.

(Note: these changes won’t be live until the update is live.)
    1. Galactic War will now reward more credits.
    2. The brand new Cantina Mod Battles and Cantina Restricted Challenges will award a large number of Credits.
    3. Players will be able to sell excess Mods they earn for Credits. The higher the quality of the Mod, the more Credits it will be worth.

As always, we will keep an eye on the feedback and the in-game data and make adjustments as needed.

Hope that helps clarify things.

Thanks!
  • Options
    no the fact is the credit crunch is irrelevant as it effects all equally. you have a choice. play with the big spenders and advance super quick for bragging rights. or progress at the same rate as everyone else.

people say you need mods to be able to compete in the arena... why ? either you are going up against People like yourself who are without mods.... (they just be as they suffer the same fate as you) or your playing against whales with there unbeatable bought teams. why should you be able to compete with them... they have paid real money to get where they are... you haven't so why on earth should you be able to compete with them ???

That is a bit of a wrong way to look at it. Yes everyone is in the same boat but the fun of the game is diversity of your characters. Lack of credits stops this so the credit crunch is reducing enjoyment in the game for the majority.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    Optimus11 wrote: »
    I am shocked every day that people say they have a credit crunch
    This game , just like life is all about resources management
    You only get little from GW and some from challenges etc etc.
    if gw gave away a million a day and challenges gave more and scoundrel even came weekly on the dot , we would be worse off
    It would be like six months ago where everybody had almost everything. Then everyone has the exact same team and all is boring again.
    Less credits brings balance to the force. You have to choose wisely on what to spend.
    Toons ? Stars? Upgrades ? Mods ? Gear?
    This makes everyone unique in many ways. Makes the game more interesting
    Whales will get everything , but we all agree that that's good because they sponsor it for the rest of us
    Believe me I'm short in credits just like everybody else and I think that's good for all of us for the long run. I'm sitting on 10+ Toons with alot of extra shards ready to upgrade. I need probably 7-9M to star them up. Need to level up my new squads. Many tasks. I need to make the right choice and I'm glad I get to stop and think about what I really want

Choose wisely and may the force be with you

Totally agree. I just buy 10,000,000 credits a day for USD $100. And I can barely keep up with credit needs.

I have an awful training droid crunch. That is the real problem.

Come on.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    how many people actually use crystals to buy credits ? I always assumed that only high spending players buy credits.

most people will only spend crystald for credit if its an emergency ... like To get a char they use in pvp to 7* ..
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Drekulviin wrote: »
    Everyone never had everything. It takes a month to unlock the shards for a toon alone. That's for an easy to unlock character.

There are enough walls in this game without credits being the end all be all wall, rendering the other walls useless.

À month for a single character?? Man you should consider playing another game because you're bad at this one
    Do the maths ...game is 9 months old so in your math I should only have 9 characters (I'm F2p)
    Well I have 61 characters...23 are 7* .....huuuum!

One per month ? **** those 14 extras characters must come from mystery box

It takes 66 days to farm 330 shards from a character on cantina tier seven with one cantina refresh per day. If that character has two hard nodes you can cut it down to 47 days.

Fortunately you can farm characters in gw, cantina and arena all at the same time, which is how you magically have more than 9 7 star characters. That doesn't change the fact that a single character can take quite a long time to get to seven star.

Learn to math.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    330 credits to 7 star. Even at 15 a day that is 22 days to 7 star one character. He is not that far off. That is only GW chars btw so if you started earlier, that ship has sailed and it is a month to go. The shards are definitely not the problem though. It is credits all the way.
    The bottleneck may very well be credits, now, if you include mods. And you might be able to finish a toon every two weeks with enough credits.... AFTER you have a good roster to be in a heroic guild. But my experience is different. I have been playing since late February. And I just finished my first toon, today. That is 7S, lvl 80, all geared. Do I need to learn how to play? I make top 20 Arena and finish GW every day?

Maybe the guys playing since day one, and who perfected guild hopping, had a credit crunch. (I still don't see ANYONE in my arena with ALL max gear toons, yet, but they're getting close! Well there might be one, and he has Aayla and Fisto... so I think he spent some $$$?) I mean, I had a temporary credit crunch around level 76 to 80. Then it was gear, gear, gear. I was pretty happy to have something to spend credits on... for two days. Now I'm broke like everyone else, lol.
  • Options
    I am shocked every day that people say they have a credit crunch
    This game , just like life is all about resources management
    You only get little from GW and some from challenges etc etc.
    if gw gave away a million a day and challenges gave more and scoundrel even came weekly on the dot , we would be worse off
    It would be like six months ago where everybody had almost everything. Then everyone has the exact same team and all is boring again.
    Less credits brings balance to the force. You have to choose wisely on what to spend.
    Toons ? Stars? Upgrades ? Mods ? Gear?
    This makes everyone unique in many ways. Makes the game more interesting
    Whales will get everything , but we all agree that that's good because they sponsor it for the rest of us
    Believe me I'm short in credits just like everybody else and I think that's good for all of us for the long run. I'm sitting on 10+ Toons with alot of extra shards ready to upgrade. I need probably 7-9M to star them up. Need to level up my new squads. Many tasks. I need to make the right choice and I'm glad I get to stop and think about what I really want

Choose wisely and may the force be with you

You're kidding right?

1. Mods: If you want to be competitive in raids and arena these are a must-have. They're expensive to level.
    2. Raids: For each phase you need a specific squad ideally and they may not get used for arena too
    3. Arena: This will not likely be your Raid team, a different 5 and sometimes you have to rotate your 5th spot or even 4th spot to beat certain teams.
    4. Mod Challenges: You need multiple teams to complete the different challenges. We must be able to grind out characters for each squad and field a full team
    - Promotions: Expensive
    - Leveling: from 1 to 80: A couple million credits
    - Applying gear requires credits
    5. GW: GW is pretty difficult right now and I doubt that anybody goes from start to finish with the same 5 people, you need a fairly deep bench. Unless maybe you've never done any Arena or don't really be competitive in it, then GW could possibly be easy.

It has nothing to do with being frugal or managing resources. There are not enough credits available to farm. In most RPG's when you need credits you can go out and farm an appreciable amount of gold, credits, money, whatever the currency would be. In this game there is no such opportunity with any of the energy resources, the credits we do get are too low to be meaningful. The credits we get in GW get **** dry from upgrading ONE Mod and every character needs 6.

+1000

I cannot finish GW anymore (since mod update) so the only thing I'm left to do is to quit farming gear/shards, stop refreshing nods and spend all the crystals from arena rank into credits. So every 2 or three days I'm able to buy a credit pack. Forget about leveling characters, forget uograding mods for more than two teams!!
    I have 8 characters at level 80. It's absolutely impossible to level more characters. Mods are a credit sponge. The lack of credits it's atrocious.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    the credit crunch is real you can t lvl up a.mod by 1 lvl a char lvl and rank a char each day

cuz lvlinh.that.char and mod and rank will eventually cost

1million rank

. 1 mod lvl cost like 22.5 k x 4

from 79-80 cost nearly 300 k

imagine doing this for 5 char err day
    then once its done you got 5 other team to work on...
    they should lower the mods cost

change energy used to gain mods...

and make scoundrel event 3times a week

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    I have 8 characters at level 80. It's absolutely impossible to level more characters.
    Making ridiculous statements like this just makes us sound like whiners.
    If you have 8 toons level 80 by now. You can make 8 more just like them in the same amount of time. I mean, you don't get that bonus leveling energy anymore. But you can earn more credits than you ever could before. GW credits are increased. There's (we think) a credit heist event. And before level 50, you couldn't even do GW. So... if you did it before, how is it suddenly impossible, now?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    whether the credit crunch is real or not, the OP is probably alot less frustrated than the rest of us. His aproach to the scarse resource that is credits, turns a source of anoyance to an oppertunity to outperform his peers. Food for thought ;)

you cant be more wrong
    im just trying to think positive, your theory is pure ignorance

wauw haha. i'm one of the few that didnt call you ignorant or wrong, and now you say my theory is pure ignorance xD
    sorry for thinking you are less frustrated than the rest, and assuming that by "taking time to make the right choice" you meant outperforming your peers. Why claim there is no credit crunch in the first place if you think dealing with the credit crunch better than others is ignorant ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The problem is that EVERYTHING requires credits....

You need credits to star up a toon, despite the fact that you're collecting shards.
    You need credits to level up a toon, despite the fact that you're collecting training droids.
    You need credits to craft and equip a toon with gear, despite the fact you're collecting the gear.
    ... And as if it wasn't enough already, mods also require credits.
  • Options
    GForce9x wrote: »

You haven't done GW much lately have you? That's where mods are hitting people the most. It's one thing to try and take down a top arena team in the actual arena. You have the choice to fight them or not and you always have a fresh team. Try 3 or 4 of them being forced on you in GW (which happens to be the primary source of credits for most people). It is a vicious cycle.

@GForce9x - I complete GW every day. even node 12 - but that is because as I have levelled up I have equally levelled multiple character.. so for example when I was level 60 I only had level 50 toons, but I had a lot of level 50 toons. this has continued as I have progressed. so now I am level 80 my max level toon is 78. and from there I have around 40 who are 73 - 65. and then a second waive of characters (about 20-25) who are level 40 - 59. this means I have a great depth in my squad and makes gw a challenge but it should be and I have completed all 12 every day for past 2 months.

OK my arena team is only 27.8k but I always finish the day (no refresh) between 90th and 150th.

and this is where my point works... I don't have the need to be top 20... I am f2p and don't expect to be top. I should not be better than people who have paid to level up. GW was always designed to have squad depth and diversity. but most people max levelled up few members and forgot about the rest of their squad. which should why they now struggle in GW. My squad was always designed around GW and the tactic has worked well for me.

I think too many people got used to having a great arena team and being able to auto GW. GW is much better now it's designed around having squad depth... as per it's description "use your entire squad"
  • Options
    whether the credit crunch is real or not, the OP is probably alot less frustrated than the rest of us. His aproach to the scarse resource that is credits, turns a source of anoyance to an oppertunity to outperform his peers. Food for thought ;)

you cant be more wrong

wauw haha. i'm one of the few that didnt call you ignorant or wrong, and now you say my theory is pure ignorance xD
    sorry for thinking you are less frustrated than the rest, and assuming that by "taking time to make the right choice" you meant outperforming your peers. Why claim there is no credit crunch in the first place if you think dealing with the credit crunch better than others is ignorant ?

Did not meant to insult you, sorry if it came out that way.
    I am struggling, just like everyone else with long list of toons waiting for their turn to get the next star. I just think its fun to make "king solomon" decisions about who gets the money next.
    I like the fact that everyone, including myself DONT have everything . I can upgrade a mod today or upgrade a toon today or save for tomorrow. maybe upgrade someone from squad C to help with GW early nodes
    i think its ok because my peers have the same issues and unless the have a fat credit card, its finally not about who has a better dooku or better RG or better rey (answer none because they are all maxed everywhere on my server)
    I hope this explains my train of thought a little better
    again, accept my apologies if you thought i was insulting
  • leeroyjenkins
    136 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

you cant be more wrong

Did not meant to insult you, sorry if it came out that way.
    I am struggling, just like everyone else with long list of toons waiting for their turn to get the next star. I just think its fun to make "king solomon" decisions about who gets the money next.
    I like the fact that everyone, including myself DONT have everything . I can upgrade a mod today or upgrade a toon today or save for tomorrow. maybe upgrade someone from squad C to help with GW early nodes
    i think its ok because my peers have the same issues and unless the have a fat credit card, its finally not about who has a better dooku or better RG or better rey (answer none because they are all maxed everywhere on my server)
    I hope this explains my train of thought a little better
    again, accept my apologies if you thought i was insulting

Everyone having no fun b/c of hyperinflation of credits doesn't all of a sudden mean there is no problem.... It just means we all are stuck with a boring game. You act like the ONLY reason to play is to keep up with others. Otherwise your justification falls apart.

You have presented a completely false dichotomy. The only two options aren't 1) hyperinflation and 2) everyone having everything... You ignore all the posts about how many credits are needed, so why don't we just ballpark the number of credits it would take to "have everything." There are 90 characters. They cost around 15 million each to upgrade to max out with lvl 5 mods and everything else (will only get more expensive with mods and any level cap increases). That is 1.35 billion credits. We get maybe around 660k a day right now.

That means it would take 2,045 days or 5.6 years to "get everything." Keep in mind that as they add characters and increase levels, etc. the number is only going to exponentially increase while they have shown zero interest in fixing the credit problems. To say that it is either what they give us now in credits or "getting everything" is frankly absurd. This is why you are trolling.

To pretend that the game is even going to be around that long with the way things have been run is silly as well, so there will doubtfully be a point when any player has actually "gotten everything"

The original costs of mods seemed to indicate that the devs were aware of this ridiculous inflation problem, but for some inexplicable reason, one of the solutions to mod problem was to drastically increase their cost with no corresponding credit income increase.

The least they could have done (and I mean very least) was throw us a bone and have the credit heist come 6 days after last one instead of waiting 12 days like they did last time. Apparently weekly then 6-12 days both just mean 12-12 days
  • Options

[/quote]

The least they could have done (and I mean very least) was throw us a bone and have the credit heist come 6 days after last one instead of waiting 12 days like they did last time. Apparently weekly then 6-12 days both just mean 12-12 days[/quote]

We agree on that point
    A promise was broken here. This has to be consistent. Once a week as promised
  • Options
    Just do a one time payout of 5million credits and then follow it by game wide reduction of credits required to do stuff by 25%.

That should help out folks a little.

Keep customers happy = customers will keep playing this game = game won't tank like other mobile games.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Just do a one time payout of 5million credits and then follow it by game wide reduction of credits required to do stuff by 25%.

Keep customers happy = customers will keep playing this game = game won't tank like other mobile games.

The problem with the "one size fits all" one time payout is that 5 million credits is more than low level players will use in a week - and for those of us who are level 80 and been playing since November, it's not even what we spent the first day mods hit.

They have to at least have a graduated system based on level, or time played or credits spent, etc.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

The problem with the "one size fits all" one time payout is that 5 million credits is more than low level players will use in a week - and for those of us who are level 80 and been playing since November, it's not even what we spent the first day mods hit.

They have to at least have a graduated system based on level, or time played or credits spent, etc.

No plan is going to make everyone* happy.

Just do a payout first for immediate needs and reduce the amount of credits you need for progress.

*everyone includes EA.

@EA_Jesse @Vampire_X
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I have 8 characters at level 80. It's absolutely impossible to level more characters.
    If you have 8 toons level 80 by now. You can make 8 more just like them in the same amount of time. I mean, you don't get that bonus leveling energy anymore. But you can earn more credits than you ever could before. GW credits are increased. There's (we think) a credit heist event. And before level 50, you couldn't even do GW. So... if you did it before, how is it suddenly impossible, now?

Says the on making a ridiculous response lol.

I need to use the credits to level mods in order to stay competitive in arena and raids, hence cannot level and/or promote more characters. Total 15 millions per team, only in mods. Before mods it was easy, you gain from GW, you level one character at a time. After mods you not only need to level them up, you also need to mod them up for the characters to have some use. Qgj basic onega'ed doesn't work too well anymore, so you need to put potency on him.

There are new jawas available. How much will it cost to get only one new Jawa to level 70 and mod him?

Is that clearly lightly clear?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    DieInFire wrote: »
    LastJedi wrote: »

Says the on making a ridiculous response lol.

I need to use the credits to level mods in order to stay competitive in arena and raids, hence cannot level and/or promote more characters. Total 15 millions per team, only in mods. Before mods it was easy, you gain from GW, you level one character at a time. After mods you not only need to level them up, you also need to mod them up for the characters to have some use. Qgj basic onega'ed doesn't work too well anymore, so you need to put potency on him.

There are new jawas available. How much will it cost to get only one new Jawa to level 70 and mod him?

Is that clearly lightly clear?

Well were ur 8 lvl 80 toons really finished. What gear level?....
    If u include gearing, the mods don't make things impossible. Progression was already slow. Mods do not changes things very much, like u seem to think.

5 months, and I finished my first toon, yesterday. Modding him took 4 days worth of credits. That doesn't add much. After the 6 mods are leveled, the GW credit increase is helping out. Considering all the other costs, the extra 75k a day maybe does just about cover the mods.

And when special event or yoda event rolls around, I can swap mods, if it worth it.
  • Options

Exactly. At this point, the only meaningful walls for me are gear and credits. Shards, training droid, and ability mat walls are meaningless because i dont have credits with which to use them. This is why there is a credit crunch
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Exactly. At this point, the only meaningful walls for me are gear and credits. Shards, training droid, and ability mat walls are meaningless because i dont have credits with which to use them. This is why there is a credit crunch

Gear can be purchased for crystals. It takes crystals to refresh cantina to get shards. If u stop refreshing cantina, u lessen the gear bottleneck. And u reduce need to promote and level. I even start farming gg to relieve my credit bottleneck. Mods do not make a huge change as u think. It is only temporary because we all start with none, but a lot of toons that need them. After ur current toons are modded, mod wall is just a mole hill.
  • Nodisintegtations
    226 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm glade I could come to this game to learn how to budget my finances, I get it. Even if you buy extra credits it's gone in 2 seconds, such a waste.

The only real main issue I'm having with this game is the 'credit crunch' I don't see how peeps can say it's fine - guess they must be frugal spenders and or not playing competitively. And I complete my GW almost every day.