2782 posts Member
    Options
    Lol I love these kinds of posts, ignorance truly is bliss :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    I think not many P2P want to buy credits. This is why credit crunch complaining is soooo universal. But increasing credit allowance will benefit P2P more than F2P. Because credits are soooo **** expensive, even P2P won't pay.

500K credits is a single 5 dot mod... No one wants to spend almost half a raid gear worth of crystals on one mod.
  • Tiggerz
    62 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Lets do a little math then, see where things stand.

it costs roughly 2 million credits to 7* 1 toon. a little over a million to level them from 1-80
    Thats 3 million so far.
    Next we input gear. Call it half a million to g8. another half million for g9 and g10.
    4 million now
    Now we have mods. 5* mods cost 1 million each to get to max level. thats 6 million added to your character if you want to say, WIN at the GW table.

So we've gone from a 4 million credit character to max it out to a 10 million credit character. 1 maxed out team is 60 million credits. Multiply that times 5 if you have a small guild that needs you to attack the rancor 5 times with any degree of success on a t6 run. 300 million credits.Otherwise, with the stealth patch to raids, you'll be doing about 3k damage (as noted by one of our lvl 78s).

@OP: this was trolling or sarcasm, right?
  • Options
    Tiggerz wrote: »
    Lets do a little math then, see where things stand.

it costs roughly 2 million credits to 7* 1 toon. a little over a million to level them from 1-80
    Thats 3 million so far.
    Next we input gear. Call it half a million to g8. another half million for g9 and g10.
    4 million now
    Now we have mods. 5* mods cost 1 million each to get to max level. hats 6 million added to your character if you want to say, WIN at the GW table.

So we've gone from a 4 million credit character to max it out to a 10 million credit character.
    @OP: this was trolling or sarcasm, right?

Massively wrong on how much it costs to level a toon from 1-80 there. I think it is nearer 6 million isnt it?

So that is now 15million per character to max them. Kind of crazy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @Tiggerz a little over a million to lvl a character from lvl 1 to 80 ?
    make that 4.636.584 credits.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Tiggerz
    62 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    @Tiggerz a little over a million to lvl a character from lvl 1 to 80 ?
    make that 4.636.584 credits.

SO...its acutally worse than off the top of my head math. thanks for clarifying
  • Options
    There is no credit crunch
    Dodge works fine
    GW is easy
    The T7 raid has plenty of health
    Mods have a great drop rate

True this is. Believe it you should.

Dodge isn't ridiculous at all. If you can get a Mod and luck-sack into a secondary stat with a significant amount of accuracy then you're golden. What's the problem, don't you play Powerball? LOL

LOL My post was a joke. Dodge though is. Nobody should Dodge 8 strait attacks. I put Accuracy Primaries on Leia and Rey. Not a huge difference, but a little. I have well over 200 mods I've not seen an accuracy secondary, or if I did I missed it. Check again I will,lol.

Powerball? Is that the riggered system they get the people to buy into that you have greater odds getting struck by lightening as you watch a unicorn walk by than winning? lol
  • MayCM
    124 posts Member
    Options
    Being unable to get one single toon ready for war without neglecting your top team is just frustrating. Your whole post and argument is invalid.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    whether the credit crunch is real or not, the OP is probably alot less frustrated than the rest of us. His aproach to the scarse resource that is credits, turns a source of anoyance to an oppertunity to outperform his peers. Food for thought ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Credit crunch is so real I am thinking of doing some webcam stuff for SWGoH money.
    This stuff is real
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Patience is a virtue.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being rank 200 in arena. If everyone needed to be top 20 in order to entertain themselves, 90 percent of players would quit. Then ur top 20 finish would be last place.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Patience is a virtue.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being rank 200 in arena. If everyone needed to be top 20 in order to entertain themselves, 90 percent of players would quit. Then ur top 20 finish would be last place.
    Yah friend. I am poor on credit and I rank in low 100s every day, sometimes even in low 50s.
    That is plenty for me.

But yah credits to gear up and level toons is a pain in the bun.
    Uknowwhatmsayin
  • Options
    no the fact is the credit crunch is irrelevant as it effects all equally. you have a choice. play with the big spenders and advance super quick for bragging rights. or progress at the same rate as everyone else.

people say you need mods to be able to compete in the arena... why ? either you are going up against People like yourself who are without mods.... (they just be as they suffer the same fate as you) or your playing against whales with there unbeatable bought teams. why should you be able to compete with them... they have paid real money to get where they are... you haven't so why on earth should you be able to compete with them ???

• Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Patience is a virtue.

and also..... this !!!!
  • Options
    I WANT ALL MY MONEY BACK!
  • Options
    Credit crunch is so real I am thinking of doing some webcam stuff for SWGoH money.
    This stuff is real

This made me lol
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    Options
    My issue is not that I need credits to beat the rest, or to get top 20 arena. It's that I need it to feel like I'm moving forward. At the beginning leveling and even promoting are quick, because all the credits were devoted and progression was naturally slower. Now many of us have several 6* waiting for a million each. Or oven some at 4* waiting for 1.75mill - but then we have mods to buy, scoundrels to gear and level. Factions for mods and certain events.

I have no issue with needing to save and put in effort. But I like an idea I saw on the forum earlier. At the very least remove credits from *ing toons. I just spent a bunch of time collecting shards! Why is that not the currency! Then I can devote credits on smaller things like mod leveling. It takes three sets of currency to go from one star to the next, that is excessive.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's that I need it to feel like I'm moving forward... but then we have mods to buy
    Hellooooo...

Acquiring and leveling and equipping mods is moving forward.

Not being able to beat GW, then equipping mods and beating it provides a feeing of progress.

There is a lot to like about the update.

I lost the feeling of progression months ago. and so will you. Log. sim for cuffs/guns. Auto raids. Sim challenges. Chat with guild. Finish daily. Alarm goes off at 5:30, do arena.

And then do GW. Oh thank you, EA, for giving us something to think about with GW. Losing my first GW ever was.... amazing. I was so anxious to take another crack at it, I couldn't wait and save my GW for Guild GW day. Learning to beat it, again, even more amazing. And the reward of GW is amazing. Making credits so scarce means GW is valuable to finish. Now, I don't see the last node as a measly 50k credits (now increased to 70-some K), which is about a 50th of a 7th star promotion or a level 80 upgrade. I see an instant few levels on a 5 dot mod, that I can use now.

Now mods, too. Lots of thinking. Lots of comparing mods. Lots of drooling over the ones that proc good secondaries. Lots of wondering what will happen with crit damage mods. Speed mods, etc. First time I had any kind of cerebral thought in the game for over a month.

You can complain about mods and say, meh. I'm gonna finish 7 starring my pet pokemon, first, then worry about mods. Or you can start moving forward with the new content.

• Options
    I actually did, once, it's such a waste too for that little amount, but I was really feeling the new credit crunch - I refuse to buy anymore as I see it as just a cash grab, and I complete my GW everyday.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have no issue with needing to save and put in effort. But I like an idea I saw on the forum earlier. At the very least remove credits from *ing toons. I just spent a bunch of time collecting shards! Why is that not the currency! Then I can devote credits on smaller things like mod leveling. It takes three sets of currency to go from one star to the next, that is excessive.
    Starring toons is the least of my worries. I am more concerned with Leveling cost. I will rock out a 5 or 6 star toon with gear and mods, first, no problem. I been level 80 for months. Droids are my primary team. And my JE is still 5 star. RG has been a staple of my bench for ages. He is only 6 star ( and on my arena squad). I dump all kinds of raid gear and mods on these toons with no worry about the last stars. I will star when I have nothing better to do with my credits. Last star is low priority. Until they are geared and modded and I am doing tier 7 raids.
  • Options
    Womp_Womp wrote: »
    This stuff is real

This made me lol
    I can do Princess Leia or Padme or for the freaks do a Phasma.
    Done before for dragonCon every year.
  • Optimus11
    254 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    whether the credit crunch is real or not, the OP is probably alot less frustrated than the rest of us. His aproach to the scarse resource that is credits, turns a source of anoyance to an oppertunity to outperform his peers. Food for thought ;)

you cant be more wrong
    im just trying to think positive, your theory is pure ignorance
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ^part of that plan might include dropping the 1x cantina refresh. Except maybe one on Sunday.

U got plenty of toons already, and I am thinking a lot need mods, if not gear, still. Hell, I have only 11 7 star toons (several not even 80) and I stopped doing cantina refresh over a month prior to mod update. Using the extra crystals saved I could buy raid gear and stockpile credits. (Credits all gone, now, thx to mods).

My guess is u will be right back in arena rank as soon as u get decent mods, but I guess it depends on your server and exact squad. Some minor balance shifts are bound to happen with mods.

Ask urself how much new toons/shards are going to help? U will have to spend credits to promote and level AND mod these new toons.

I am not f2p. I buy booster pack. But my arena rank went up after mod update, without spending. All because instead of spending credits on new toons, I stopped farming shards. And credits are way less scarce if u stop farming shards! At least until u are up to speed on mods, maybe save ur energy and crystals. No point in shards for now, imo. Just stick a pin in it.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Why u feel like it is just catching up? That is just a state of mind. Sure some people are ahead because they saved resources and invested in mods. Sure some people are ahead because they used a credit card. But most people are probably in the same boat. And some people are on a short bus with a flat tire, still wondering when mods will go away. You can sit on the short bus and wonder when EA is going to roll back and reverse mods. Or u can progress. New toons are not the only way to make forward progress. Mods can increase arena, gw, raids, and help clear events. And raid potency was not nerfed, btw.

Anyway, how was getting new toons any more progress than this new content? New toons are a dime a dozen. Plus mods are not that big of a side grind... at least not until the 6 and 7 dotters start to drop. Oh boy can't wait for the mod ceiling to be lifted, haha.

The people on the short bus can cry all they want. But the boat has sailed and it ain't coming back for them. And the precrafter 2.0 is nothing, nothing like the original precraft issue. Heck. A lot of the precrafter 2.0 beneficiaries dont even think they got a good deal.

Mods were announced ahead of time. As powerful as they were, no one has an excuse to not invest in them right away. It wasn't like the precrafter issue at all.
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    Everyone never had everything. It takes a month to unlock the shards for a toon alone. That's for an easy to unlock character.

There are enough walls in this game without credits being the end all be all wall, rendering the other walls useless.

À month for a single character?? Man you should consider playing another game because you're bad at this one
    Do the maths ...game is 9 months old so in your math I should only have 9 characters (I'm F2p)
    Well I have 61 characters...23 are 7* .....huuuum!

One per month ? **** those 14 extras characters must come from mystery box