New Characters: R2-D2 and Wicket

Prev1
At the Star Wars Europe Celebration they showcased those two characters on SWGOH:

R2-D2

3537dbk.jpg

Wicket

r0nx2h.jpg

What do you think of it?

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Wicket has the exact skills as Chief Chirpa so I guess there's that bit of laziness/photoshop.
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thoughts? The same as on the day....

It's a shame they keep using R2 in their sizzle reels, and not putting him or other iconic characters in the game. It's a shame that the character additions are so generic and focused upon P2P, as characters are why anyone is here, and could create a lot of good will with the players.

Just another example of the lack of vision beyond simple freemium monetization and failed opportunities to communicate positively with the community.
  • Faulklls
    32 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I agree with you JawaJawa, it seems like Chirpa abilites.. probably they will change it, but they are too lazy.. I want to see the day they release Clone Wars Young Obi Wan.. or Jedi Luke lol

Edit: Actually I saw the Chief Chirpa abilites and even the name of the abilites didn't get changed. How lazy..
  • Options
    Not a fan of using cute side kick characters as main players. Their "fighting" in the movies is just comic relief anyway.
  • Options
    Ummmm no, just no. Everyone loves R2, he's not a combatant though, cmon guys! (At least it's not JarJar) Where's Luke with his light saber? Where's Palpatine? What about young Ben? He would be the perfect counter to young Anakin! What about Boba Fet??? (The one you gave us is worthless) just my two cents... Oh yea, please fix GW.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    Options
    R2 special power should be he is a member of Light/droid/rebel/resistance !
  • Options
    Maybe they just wanted to hide Wicket's abilities , like they did with Han Solo
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Pooor R2. He will be all by his lonesome as the only light side droid, he doesn't even get a faction. We probably won't see BB2 until the next major movie release. C3, R4, where are you?
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    Agreed, I got no problem with them hiding the abilities.

That said, really hoping R2 or 3PO can re-heal/re-fill the protection bar. That's a needed skill and would pair well with a healer
  • Options
    He really should be a Rebel. He embodies the rebel spirit with his dedication and feisty attitude.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    To the OP, thoughts?

Yeah. They should A: quit teasing with R2 and any other unreleased icons. And B: fix everything else that needs fixing (like gw, credit crunch, etc) before releasing new toons. Also, been staring at an unreleased ship mode since November. They need to work on getting those out, not a non combat droid, and a non-combat apprentice, "teenage" Ewok scout. We already have an Ewok scout. They should just change scout's name and reskin him to be Wicket, since that's what Wicket was. He can keep his bow. He didn't use one in the film, but Ackbar didn't have a gun either, so I'm personally ok with a spearless Wicket.
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Options
    I understand that people want Young OBI wan Kenobi and Jedi luke before most of the toons that are next to release but In all honest Isnt R2D2 and C3PO one of the first "main" characters we see In a New hope?
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Radonis wrote: »
    I understand that people want Young OBI wan Kenobi and Jedi luke before most of the toons that are next to release but In all honest Isnt R2D2 and C3PO one of the first "main" characters we see In a New hope?

Lol I'd love to see C3P0 beating people up with his red arm.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • MaxRebo
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Well, that will flesh out the Ewoks to a full team of five. New mod challenge coming soon?
  • Options
    Probably they will do more challenges.. they will force us to get all types of characters.. they are greedy for money.. you will see
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Man, for Pete's sake, just FIX THE CURRENT CHARACTERS BEFORE ADDING NEW ONES.

And I'm going to bet that day 1 these 2 come out, something is broken with them.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I'm sure the only reason Wicket was shown was because Warwick Davis was the MC at the SW celebration video game round table.
  • Options
    R2 is a non-combatant. It's silly to put him in a combat game ... unless ... he's an astromech droid that would be very useful in an X-wing!
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Man, for Pete's sake, just FIX THE CURRENT CHARACTERS BEFORE ADDING NEW ONES.

And I'm going to bet that day 1 these 2 come out, something is broken with them.
    Can also guarantee that R2 is arodium since he's one of if not the most iconic character in the franchise so it'll be an easy way to get money out of people
  • Tuscan21
    514 posts Member
    Options
    R2 destroyed droids in episode 3
  • Options
    R2 will likely be some kind of utility support character that will help the team in non-combative ways with a low damage dealing stun or something. That's my guess.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    Ummmm no, just no. Everyone loves R2, he's not a combatant though, cmon guys! (At least it's not JarJar) Where's Luke with his light saber? Where's Palpatine? What about young Ben? He would be the perfect counter to young Anakin! What about Boba Fet??? (The one you gave us is worthless) just my two cents... Oh yea, please fix GW.
    Yep, where's these iconic toons?!? But add them at shipments for arena, GW or cantina, not at chromium packs or aurodium!

But please, first fix actual toons with a lot of bugs, GW, etc...

• Options
    C3P0 needs to have synergy with ewoks - the droid is their god!
  • Options
    Tuscan21 wrote: »
    R2 destroyed droids in episode 3

He also learned how to fly, which was a really silly thing to do. Thanks for that, George.
  • Faulklls
    32 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Looking forward to have R2 B2.. one of the coolest characters in the movies
  • Options
    I want jar jar. Basic drunken fist special **** dance of death aoe. Darth jar jar would be sick.
  • Manowar
    288 posts Member
    Options
    TheBinder wrote: »
    I'm sure the only reason Wicket was shown was because Warwick Davis was the MC at the SW celebration video game round table.

I hope you're wrong, but interesting fact indeed.
  • Options
    Very cool!
  • Options
    I wish we were getting Embo...
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    i wish we had these now