Mods Appreciation: LIMITED-TIME EVENT - *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• Options
    Karfax wrote: »
    wow... just wow "but hey, by the new galactic pack".
    in 7 days this is all they can come up with? that's the nail in the coffin for me. horrific response it's like they haven't even heard us! And it's clear that if they have then they turn a blind eye to everything wrong with the game, only the parts that make $$$$$ are the ones that matter and work.

That pack is not new and not worth the price. I got garbage from it last time it was out.
  • Options
    CUNOMOR wrote: »
    The credits, the free change-ups to experiment with mods, etc., help a lot.
    I know some folks won't be satisfied, but this is a step in the right direction.

Thanks again

Would be hella better if it was permanent...not the credit bit. But even the credits could be there daily if they incorporated them into an activity and we could earn them through playing the game.

I appreciate the gesture they are making here but it just feels ...underwhelming. Too little and too late. Especially considering the raw cost of everything.

• Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    In addition to the above, we’ll also be doing the following:
    • The Galactic Gear Pack will be available in the Store during the Mods Appreciation event. The pack may now be purchased a maximum of 5 times a day.
    • We’re celebrating summer by adding 25% bonus Crystals to both the Crate and Vault of Crystals. Each of these are limited to one purchase each. Bonus Crystals offer ends July 29th.

Pretty certain this means. "We screwed up, our bottom line is hurting so we won't get our bonuses, lets do a limited time event so we still get to roll around in money at the end of the month"

This is not a fix for the issues, it is a plaster and one without any stick at that.
  • Options
    I'm a little depressed at how not angry I am over this because despite our hopes I think we were all expecting it. Honestly at this point it's just hilarious
  • Options
    Cpt_Krob6 wrote: »
    This is absolute Bull-feces!!! It's wrong on so many levels. I CanNot believe you think this is any sort of solution WHATSOEVER. A temporary event? 350k + a credit heist?

Then not only to top it all off, but you also note that you're doing a "Summer Special" event to buy crystal packs for 25% more crystals!?!??!???
    1. If this were really a "Summer Special" this would've been implemented the BEGINNING OF SUMMER.
    2. If you honestly believe that worthless incentive will con us whales into spending more money again, you are sorely mistaken. You haven't addressed our prior issues. Stayed silent all this time. Then spring on us this ludicrous event that if you had at least told us switching mods would be free, no one would've wasted precious credits switching the now worthless mods so many of us blew money, crystals, and credits upgrading in the beginning. It's such a spit in the face, there are no words for how angry this makes me.
    3. Stop having your moderators post "positive" feedback in these threads as if they're just regular players. As well as stop having them threaten us in private messages for doing EXACTLY what EA told us to do which is post ALL complaints in these forums.

Yeah, and it's only 25% more for the most expensive packs.

They're trying to squeeze some more fast cash in since people have stopped spending. Someone's trying to save their jobs but doing it all WRONG.

God I'm so annoyed by this. Far more annoyed than I was before when I expected something more reasonable. This is just.......no words I can type here.
  • himobi
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Really? This is your answer @EA_Jesse

Event?

We asked not to be treated like kids but you continue. Thanks for the credits but they are peanut shells, not even peanuts.
  • Kolt7
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Well I guess it is a start but better be far from the end result. If this is what the developers are doing to correct the wrongdoing that occurred with mods this falls way short. For me the minimum response is 10,000 crystals to replace the crystals I bought just to by mods that were then magically reduced to nothing. Until that happens there is no cance I will spend any more money on this game. So thanks again for proving that you don't care about the community or people who are willing to spend money on this game.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I just upgraded 3 MK5 mods and re-tweaked all my mods on my characters this morning, before the announcement.

Why don't you give a bit of a heads up for this kind of stuff?! You did the same thing with the double cantina rewards. Seriously, do you just decide on these things at the last minute or something? Couldn't you have posted this yesterday for a start day of today?

EA will do whatever they can to squeeze another dollar out of us. That's the bottom line here. This "event" is just another excuse to introduce another money sink into the game. "Here's a laughable amount of credits, now buy that galactic gear pack!!!"
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    If that's the case I don't see the point in wasting the credits. I do like how they just glossed over that part.
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    Options
    QuiteDrunk wrote: »
    Karfax wrote: »
    wow... just wow "but hey, by the new galactic pack".
    in 7 days this is all they can come up with? that's the nail in the coffin for me. horrific response it's like they haven't even heard us! And it's clear that if they have then they turn a blind eye to everything wrong with the game, only the parts that make $$$$$ are the ones that matter and work.

this is what is happening @ EA right now.

EA/CG made several rapid changes that all appear to have backfired spectacularly, and are engaged in what my company calls "circling the wagons" while they try to recover from a very public ****-show.

This means that comms go dark, changes are frozen until a concise and effective fix can be delivered, and the customer/community is given time to absorb what has already been done and "cool off" while they find a way to address the elephant(s) in the room without impacting profitability or long-term plans.

I believe that they are reading everything posted both hear here and over on the official forums. I believe that they are working towards a solution that will address some part of the issues that were introduced with Mods. I believe that they will say exactly zero things until their communication plan is established, ratified, and approved by senior management.

edit: I hate typos that make it through spellcheck

coppied from reddit OP ReverendSaintJay.

Exactly.

Look at the Dodge Megathread. Thousands of complains, but people are way too frustrated so it falls in oblivion of forgetfullness.

So...let's bring it up again :smiley:
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Kolt7 wrote: »
    Well I guess it is a start but better be far from the end result. If this is what the developers are doing to correct the wrongdoing that occurred with mods this falls way short. For me the minimum response is 10,000 crystals to replace the crystals I bought just to by mods that were then magically reduced to nothing. Until that happens there is no cance I will spend any more money on this game. So thanks again for proving that you don't care about the community or people who are willing to spend money on this game.

But for just another $100, they're giving you 4,000 free crystals!
  • Options
    Seriously lol please give us heads up....

I could of waited and leveled mods now....
  • YubNub81
    148 posts Member
    Options
    YubNub81 wrote: »
    Please make the extra 350k credits a day permanent

Keep dreaming!

lol I know (happy thoughts, happy thoughts)
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    What other corrections are there going to be? This can't be it, can it?
  • DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Post edited by DarthMasterShawn on
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options

That would defeat the entire point of bleeding each player as dry as possible. They need people who would have otherwise spent the credits/crystals to do so before lowering the price.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse this is nothing short of insulting.
    • 350k credits isn't even enough to upgrade 1 T5 mod for 3 days.
    • The cost of mod removal should be eliminated PERMANENTLY. We paid too much for these already. Three days free should not be considered a special gift.
    • The mod drop rates are still horrible, especially when there's a chance to receive 3 and 4* mods in the tier III challenges. It's like finding a needle in a haystack to get the mod we're looking for to customize our characters.

Simply put, wow. I didn't expect much but this is even less than expected. And what about the millions some of us spent to upgrade mods that were later nefed, mods we wouldn't have upgraded with the new stats?

This, over and over and over until @CG_JohnSalera realizes that screwing over players does not encourage money being spent.
  • DrD
    91 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    IdraRage wrote: »
    Mod removal should not be free. This game already takes too much time.

You realize if they made it free, they could remove all the extra prompts for confirming that you really want to remove each mod and that you really want to spend X credits to apply a mod change to a character. It would greatly improve the speed of moving mods around.

Of course what would be even better is if they made it possible to move mods from one character to another on the same screen.
  • Pallax
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I wish there were more customer appreciation events like this :)
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody wrote: »

Looks like that's it for this week.
  • Options
    FIX THE DROP RATES
    Bad game management here
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »

Looks like that's it for this week.

Great, and still can't Beat GW. Back to having fun....
  • AKK889
    159 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome CG, people who wasted millions of credits and thousands of crystals thanks to your mistakes must be really happy now.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse , @CG_NotReallyAJedi Is this a joke? 100% drop rates where is it? Cost reduction of leveling mods? YOu guys are a disaster.. Hope no one spends money on this game..
    Bad game management here
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    AKK889 wrote: »
    Awesome CG, people who wasted millions of credits and thousands of crystals thanks to your mistakes must be really happy now.

Saying that they were CG's mistakes is contrary to the fact that they knew exactly what they were doing.
  • Options
    When you sell something to someone, steal it back, sell it back to them with a new coat of paint, and then steal it *again* the best resolution may not be offering to sell something to that person again but with a little extra bonus. This is unbelievable.
  • Options
    Cost of mod removal: make it PERMANENT.
    Increased chance of instant upgrade: make it PERMANENT.

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Erechtheus wrote: »
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Love this! much needed boost :) thx cg!

At least this mod feels appreciated. I on the other hand...

I mean look at the name of the event :wink:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    xMORIDINx wrote: »
    When you sell something to someone, steal it back, sell it back to them with a new coat of paint, and then steal it *again* the best resolution may not be offering to sell something to that person again but with a little extra bonus. This is unbelievable.

If it worked two times, there is no reason to think that we won't be game for a third.
  • Traybor
    96 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    ... Based on your feedback the team worked quickly to make adjustments last Friday to ensure Mods are a fun part of your overall game experience...
    And exactly when will mods start being fun?

Are these changes (mod removal, instant upgrade increased) permanent or only while the event is running?

What the event doesn't address in full is that credits and Cantina energy were in short supply before mods ever appeared. Mods just made the shortages much, much worse. Will that ever be addressed? And I don't mean by some weak event and hand waving "this is the fun you're looking for."