Thank You Developers

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I have never complained about the game once. Opinions are like a* holes, everyone has one. All I'm saying is play the game.
  • Options
    Sparhawk66 wrote: »
    I have never complained about the game once. Opinions are like a* holes, everyone has one. All I'm saying is play the game.

You strike me as the political revolutionary type
  • Options
    Amidst a sea of negativity these past few weeks, I would just like to post my appreciation for all the hard work and dedication countless people have put into making this game.
    Countless people? Are you talking about the tiny dev team working on this big game? The countless people should be US; we've had to endure makeshift beta testing on this game since last year, not to mention, people have spent TONS of money on this game.

The devs must work hard because the number of devs working on SWGOH is countable on one hand.

• Options
    What started off as a thank you to the developers has rapidly devolved. Thank you Palanthian for your eloquent statement. You have firmly established in my mind that most of the posters in this forum do not understand the nature of the recent changes to the game, nor do they understand how to adapt to said changes.
    So exactly how much is EA/CG paying you?

I spent my fair share in this game but all they do is add stuff no one is asking for and don't remove them when we voice our opinions. I'm not one to complain about every little thing but if you truly believe that everyone should "adapt" to obvious money grabs and more grind then you sir, have a problem. Not even gonna go into basic issues people have been strongly voicing their opinions about (GW, broken characters, bugs, credit crunch, mods, lack of cantina energy, etc., etc.). We didn't create those issues, they did.

We know the devs work hard and all but that's not exclusive to the EACG devs alone. All the devs in the industry work extremely hard to meet the demand that PAYING customers want. The EA/CG devs might not have an opinion on what they can or can't do but without properly communicating with us and in fact, doing the exact opposite, how the heck are we supposed to feel simpathy for them.

We're the victims here. I am a victim here. Not them.

It's pathetic how complaisant the gamer base has become while these companies keep gauging at us like like crows. Literally, they posses the power to do whatever they want to its customers because of people like you OP. I still like this game because somewhere deep in there it still has a certain magic with so much potential but everyday it's becoming more clear that this potential is never going to be realized because this company knows people like OP will gladly abide by their rules like a sheep.

TL:DR OP is part of the problem of why this company continues to have its way with us.

• Options
    I'm a gamer, just like you. Unlike, most of you, I can adapt to changes in game environment. I don't go screaming to mommy the moment a new update is released and I can't beat it. I look forward to the new challenges that this game hss in store for us.
  • Options

Without providing any sort of feedback, there's no hope of poorly implemented ideas from ever seeing proper refinement. Maybe you're fine with whatever "curve ball" the devs decide to throw at you, and you'll just continue swinging away at everything. But some of us are going to take our time at the plate and wait for that quality pitch before swinging or EA/CG will let us walk.

Quoted for truth and because the analogy is just so accurate. I believe EA/CG has seriously misjudged the extent players are willing to go to support all things Star Wars. But time will tell. I really like this game and hope they right the ship, and soon. Regardless of my mindset and how much I try to "let it go and have fun", it's just NOT as much fun as it was a few months ago. It's more of a struggle now.
  • Options
    You must unlearn what you have learned
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I believe that if you look at the forums as a bile of hatred then you are definitely off base. I see it as dedicated fans of Star Wars speaking out when something isn't correct.

Some just take it too far...

@Palanthian
    @Maskarii
    Myself and others do give alot of good feedback and ideas. But we don't like having our chain yanked as well.

See my series as well [Small Life Changes]

You're not wrong. I didn't start out this way, all sore and bitter, I've been forged this way after realising the stark reality of how EA/CG run the game.

I can point to many well thought out feedback threads I wrote on various issues. For a time I felt such features were so obviously unbalanced that they would definitely get addressed once pointed out and with enough community support. How naive I was.

I've recently begun to realise that this forum is nothing more than an intentional punching bag, they keep this here for frustrated players to voice their angst and feel that they're not alone. Anger shared is anger halved, there's more chance to keep players hooked in this way.

Nothing raised on these forums actually gets fixed unless it benefits EA/CG monetarily. That's just a cold, hard fact that took me way too long to figure out. Every change they make to the game makes them more money. The game is designed to generate frustration resulting in a purchase to solve the latest problem.

Why do I still play it? I like the underlying game, I like the mechanics and I like Star Wars. I've given up campaigning and hoping for change, however, as it's not coming.

Maybe one day I'll decide enough is enough, I'm not there yet.

100% agree
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I also like the game, shoot me ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    To provide with the original sentiment of this thread, thank you devs for your tireless efforts in trying to appease the masses :)
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    the back and forth personal insults are not productive, these will be sith'ed. >_<

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Wait. You removed my post and leave his calling everyone who disagrees with him a Troll?!?!?!
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    this just in: retail and online outlets have run out of kneepads
  • Options
    @OrionPeace has a point. He/she carefully delineated how OP has reacted to dissent in this thread in an effort to construct an argument in favor of the value of constructive criticism. No reason why that post should have been censored.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Nothing raised on these forums actually gets fixed unless it benefits EA/CG monetarily. That's just a cold, hard fact that took me way too long to figure out. Every change they make to the game makes them more money. The game is designed to generate frustration resulting in a purchase to solve the latest problem.

Why do I still play it? I like the underlying game, I like the mechanics and I like Star Wars. I've given up campaigning and hoping for change, however, as it's not coming.

Maybe one day I'll decide enough is enough, I'm not there yet.

QFT. I started this game because of Star Wars. In my mobile gaming history, other games I have played I always start off FTP. If it is readily apparent that a game is nothing more than a money sink in order to progress at all (see clash of clans), I move on without spending. If the game allows an advantage for big spenders but provides plenty of content and progression for the ftp/low spender (see golf star), I usually stick and spend the same amount of cash I would spend on a console game. I went against my own Modus operandi with this game, because well, Star Wars. I became a "dolphin" in order to buy raid gear and do energy/cantina refreshes up to the 200 point.

I should have know better. Every update in this game just makes it more and more obvious that there will not be a balance and content. This is a money sink pure and simple. Mod patch #2 really drove that home. If this game decides to work back toward playable value, perhaps I will reopen my wallet, but sadly, I don't have high hopes of that happening.

If the OP wants to know why so many people are upset, it's because of Star Wars. It has a passionate following, and many people want to play a great game in that Universe. This game has drawn many people to playing and paying into a freemium game when likely many of us never would have otherwise. Many of us hang on because of --Star Wars--. We all hold out hope against hope that this will be a good game and that we haven't just been hoodwinked into playing clash of clans bundled unto our favorite fantasy world.

• Options
    Amidst a sea of negativity these past few weeks, I would just like to post my appreciation for all the hard work and dedication countless people have put into making this game.
    Without people like you, the majority of the forum would have nothing to complain about.
    I, for one, look forward to any and all new content you guys roll out in the future. Don't let the trolls in the forums distract you guys from your vision of what the game could be.

May the force be with you.

+1

• warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I complain cause I thought this had the potential to be the best (not one of the best, the best) mobile game ever. But the desicions behind the game seem to be actively fighting against that recently.

I want to play this game for YEARS not get burned out or discouraged by lack of everything. Right now the game has turned into find the speed primary stat to compete. Found one, well now you have to find more. Not a speed mod well look some more. That's all I do now basically.

Was having fun leveling and gearing tons of toons and planning for future teams. Now it's find speed primary, spend all crystals and credits looking for speed. Sigh
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    @OrionPeace has a point. He/she carefully delineated how OP has reacted to dissent in this thread in an effort to construct an argument in favor of the value of constructive criticism. No reason why that post should have been censored.

+1
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a gamer, just like you. Unlike, most of you, I can adapt to changes in game environment. I don't go screaming to mommy the moment a new update is released and I can't beat it. I look forward to the new challenges that this game hss in store for us.

Ok with responses as "scream to mommy" I am stopping to take you seriously.
    I'm an adult that sinked €500,- + in this game which got devaluated over night.
    Am I free to complain? I sure am.. Am I trolling? No I just saw all the money go down the drain (I know it has no real value but still, playing from launch so I know what I'm talking about).

Read what @JC_the_Force is saying and you might understand the problem. It's people that still pay and praise devs that made this game which is an obvious money grab. But don't worry, you'll change your mind after a few updates when you will be disappointed as well.

439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    i don't think the OP got quite the replies he was expecting... talk about taking the temperature of a room with a turkey baster shoved in the wrong place, this was pretty much it.

you think you're talking down to a bunch of kids, there's posters in this thread who've dropped more knowledge and spilled more coin in their couch cushions than you'll spend on this game all year...you're of course entitled to ingratiate yourself to the devs, just don't expect everyone to co-sign it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    You must unlearn what you have learned

Except that one cannot "unpay for" that which one has already paid for. That is the point that many who don't share your opinion are trying to point out. Instead of trying to see that point of view as well, you and others seem content to hurl insults about "not understanding" or "not adapting/evolving".

The whales understand exactly what's happening. In fact that is exactly why they are annoyed (and fairly so). Dismissing their point of view simply because you don't agree is neither accurate nor fair.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I've been happy with everything that came with the most recent updates, well, everything except the mods. I never asked for them, I never wanted them. They were an unnecessary addition to a fun game. I've said it in other threads, and I'll say it again. This game made me realize how much I hated farming for runes in summoners war. I loved not having to worry about runes, because then I could create any fun team I wanted and try to make it work. Now they added the very thing this game made me realize I hate.

So now I'm currently searching for a new game. I've been playing Light: Fellowship of Loux and TMNT: Legends. Both are pretty fun, but not as fun as GoH. I just downloaded Dragons Blaze last night which seems to be occupying my time. Once I find something fun to want to stick with, GoH is getting uninstalled.

To those that love the mods, I'm glad you love them. To the devs, thanks for showing me how much I hated grinding for runes in my old game, and thanks for putting that very thing in this game. >:P
  • Options
    First off, Spar....I miss you.
    Second, yep, agreed. Love the game still. The hate is a bit much.
    Third, Spar, I miss you. Come back!!!!! Oh wait...no...don't. We abandoned the guild and started a new one in a merger. Trufta is literally the only member in the old guild still. But still...miss you!!!
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    awkward
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Per_Fect wrote: »
    First off, Spar....I miss you.
    Second, yep, agreed. Love the game still. The hate is a bit much.
    Third, Spar, I miss you. Come back!!!!! Oh wait...no...don't. We abandoned the guild and started a new one in a merger. Trufta is literally the only member in the old guild still. But still...miss you!!!

Even this says a lot about the legit concerns players have. I haven't seen this much people leave over the last 8 months. I had to take over the guild cause the guild leader left and so did 9 other members.
    I can't recall seeing a drop in membership with the earlier updates so even if you think people complain without reason, number of leavers does indicate it's not a grand succes.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
This discussion has been closed.