Tips Needed For Droid/JE in GW

So, pulled this on node 9: http://imgur.com/u8g5ycC

Any way to beat them without losing an A Squad member? It's only node 9 and I won't make it past 11 if I lose them now. I've tried all I know but still can't clear it without losing at least 2 a squad members. Any GW pros out there with some advice?

Replies

• Options
    I don't know your roster. Stun B2 and keep him stunned, kill JE.

I need to know what you got for any real strategy though
  • Options
    Roster should be in my sig. All toons are alive with TM advantage at this point.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Stunning b2 isn't an option unfortunately. He still gains tm when a friend is damaged, making the stun not last even a single turn. On teams like this I usually stun je with rg only, blow up b2, finish je, then the rest die easy. You will probably lose at least one or two doing it tho
  • Options
    I am thinking it is just impossible. All characters have fully upgraded 5* health mods. All have +30 speed in arrow mod slot and +23.5% protection in circle slot. Might just have to try escaping with -2 characters. GW Streak is coming to an end for me I think.
  • Options
    Thanks will give it a go. 60k health/protection combined on B2 :neutral:
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's too late, by now.

What you need to do is to give RG full TM and save him for nodes like this. Stun JE. Kill JE. Then go from there. Or use Daka, same deal. Also have enough backup toons to swap in to reroll RNG, to make sure the stun sticks.

Alternatively, use ST Han, full TM, and leave him for dead after the battle.

Obviously, you don't have Rex or Ugnaught, or you would be profiting, right now.

You have to be prepared before you finish battle 5 and 8 and 10. You know what's coming in 6, 9, and 11. If RG doesn't have full TM at the end of battle 8, retreat and redo it. You can't go back in time once you finish that battle and find out node 9 is impossible.
  • Options
    I met the same comp on node 9 two days ago. Against these teams I prefer to stun/kill 86 and 88. They are the real threats. JE will rez one droid but it will die to one hit. After that I go after B2 and then JE. HK for last of course. I use Daka in GW which helps with stuns. Even with TM advantage its a really tough match-up.
  • Options
    Thanks, I have RG and Daka stunning like bosses, but the HP/Protection numbers on everyone are just insane. Was trying to keep JE stunned while killing 88 & 86, but it is proving difficult to have RNG stun luck long enough to drain health and protection from them both. I'll give it a few more goes tonight. After trying it a few times after posting I couldn't even re-create the scenario where I only lost Daka and RG. I really don't want to miss out on credits but I may just throw in the towel and hope B team can finish the rest.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    It's too late, by now.

What you need to do is to give RG full TM and save him for nodes like this. Stun JE. Kill JE. Then go from there. Or use Daka, same deal. Also have enough backup toons to swap in to reroll RNG, to make sure the stun sticks.

Alternatively, use ST Han, full TM, and leave him for dead after the battle.

Obviously, you don't have Rex or Ugnaught, or you would be profiting, right now.

You have to be prepared before you finish battle 5 and 8 and 10. You know what's coming in 6, 9, and 11. If RG doesn't have full TM at the end of battle 8, retreat and redo it. You can't go back in time once you finish that battle and find out node 9 is impossible.

Any of my characters in A, B, or C squad can move before droids. Turn meter prep work was definitely done. Though, B2 is going before some characters depending on who I sub in. I am still able to move before JE, 86, 88, and 47 in nearly any useful configuration. Only problem is that I am down protection on most of my characters, including RG who always carries me through this type of opponent in arena.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So, pulled this on node 9: http://imgur.com/u8g5ycC

Any way to beat them without losing an A Squad member? It's only node 9 and I won't make it past 11 if I lose them now. I've tried all I know but still can't clear it without losing at least 2 a squad members. Any GW pros out there with some advice?

Short version is you're probably screwed. Bring in B or C team and try to kill off either JE or HK. If you can kill them off then your a team should be able to handle he rest. Remember if HK is out next round they lose his crit leadership and are now longer firing nonstop.

In arena against this team I focus out JE then B2 and just keep 88 stunned. Ignore 86 and HK as much as possible.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My bad.
    Was trying to keep JE stunned while killing 88 & 86,
    Trying to keep JE stunned is a waste of stuns? He's so fast. Kill him first, so you can stun other toons?

I've only ever fought B2 droid teams once in GW node 11; it was a lot harder than I anticipated. But I got thru no problem. I didn't need to save for later nodes, though.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    B2 can get 100% TM any time you damage anyone else on his squad. You have to bring high alpha damage characters so it takes fewer shots to eliminate anyone he is protecting. He hits like a baby but does debuff and can make it so you can't apply taints or buffs. That's why I'm arena you knock him out early so then you can buff your team.
  • Options
    I run Phasma (l), qgj, Rey, RG, Aayla vs that team in gw (in arena I use Rex instead of Phasma). You don't have Aayla, but Daka should do. I stun JE off the bat and never let him speed up the droids. I use my other stunner for either 88 or 86, and go to town on the other. With tm advantage this is doable. You don't need to lose any toons. Of course, Rex makes this even easier, but he's not indispensable. QGJ's tm manipulation is key to keep the stunned toons frozen just long enough.
  • Options
    Yeah all counter teams can be good against droids too. Aayla, 5s, Dooku, etc. it at least helps some
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Use a trash team to have JE do TM up and waste a shot or so. Maybe that will help.
  • TheKevinlyFather
    214 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone. Ultimately ended up sending Akbar/Leia/Lumi/GS/5's in to kill of JE and wound 88. A squad survived round 2 and is now on to node 10!
  • TheKevinlyFather
    214 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Aaaand GW completed thanks to glitched node 12! Thanks again everyone!