The Galactic Clone Players discussion

Replies

518 posts Member
    Options
    This would not fix the situation. Both zBariss and zSavage have a cleanse on themselves. The Clones need more of a Daze to be sure there's not TM gain, and that would gladly replace Stun on Cody's special.
    Also, a shock would be great on the grenade with another tons of debuffs like Cassian's grenade, but with damages and shock.
    Having stagger on Echo's basic would be quite helpful since Clones are mainly made for taking down TM or gaining it. They're kind of master in TM : gain with Cody, Sarge and Echo's basics, plus Rex's special. Removing with Sarge and Rex and having the possibility to get it slower with speed down from Fives.

For this reason, Daze would be a better option to keep mastering it, then shock would be nice to. That would be helpful for a squad that cannot be a huge instant killer squad since they lack of damages.

Plus, like I said before, having Rex's and Fives' leadership abilities turned into a unique, applying on all the team, would be much of a improvement.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Guest wrote: »
    This would not fix the situation. Both zBariss and zSavage have a cleanse on themselves. The Clones need more of a Daze to be sure there's not TM gain, and that would gladly replace Stun on Cody's special.
    Also, a shock would be great on the grenade with another tons of debuffs like Cassian's grenade, but with damages and shock.
    Having stagger on Echo's basic would be quite helpful since Clones are mainly made for taking down TM or gaining it. They're kind of master in TM : gain with Cody, Sarge and Echo's basics, plus Rex's special. Removing with Sarge and Rex and having the possibility to get it slower with speed down from Fives.

For this reason, Daze would be a better option to keep mastering it, then shock would be nice to. That would be helpful for a squad that cannot be a huge instant killer squad since they lack of damages.

Plus, like I said before, having Rex's and Fives' leadership abilities turned into a unique, applying on all the team, would be much of a improvement.

Okay you are right, you would also have to make sure Barriss doesn't gain TM for which daze would be perfect (also works better with TM manipulation theme of Clones) but that wouldn't help against Savage.

I just realised that me before mentioned statement won't do much against Savage since all you need to do is crit and he heals again. Daze or shock are useless on Savage though as both of them are applied before damage so if you crit it's dispelled again before his TM gain, I must say I didn't quite think the Savage think through entirely

With Barriss though, if you have heal immunity on and use the 212th, you can do a good dent in her, if you had her without protection before using it you should be able to take her down from there with one 212th
    518 posts Member
    Options
    That's true but if we have a way to prevent Savage from gaining TM and if we can remove his TM too, the only thing you have to manage is using Echo dispel before Savage can actually play a turn and be heal about all his health with those HoTs.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    That's true but if we have a way to prevent Savage from gaining TM and if we can remove his TM too, the only thing you have to manage is using Echo dispel before Savage can actually play a turn and be heal about all his health with those HoTs.

Tough to prevent the TM gain without a debuff and with the high crit chance needed that debuff won't stay long.. For Zavage I think best bet would be armour shred or something like that so one 212th can dring him down, debuffs are useless and a dispel will result in him still getting 3 buffs
  • Options
    Give echo buff immunity!!!!
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Finally got my Kenobi unlocked. Using him in galactic war. How much fun is 5s with a taunt? He needs one of his own.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    First run at P2 with the clones minus Rex. Used Jawa Scavenger but if I'm not running my droid squad would I be as well using Jawa engineer for the critical chance up and his heal?

Managed 1.6m. Not bad considering they are all still different levels of gear x.
  • Options
    Keldo wrote: »
    First run at P2 with the clones minus Rex. Used Jawa Scavenger but if I'm not running my droid squad would I be as well using Jawa engineer for the critical chance up and his heal?

Managed 1.6m. Not bad considering they are all still different levels of gear x.

Jawa engineer can't stealth so he's not a great option. Stealth helps keep Scavenger or Dathcha alive when using them with the clones.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    I'll give Datcha a try next. Working on getting Cody quicker and more gear for the next raid too.
  • Generic
    63 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I had a pretty good run today with dathcha. Scavenger coming along to replace him, but happy with my results so far and gets a little better each raid.

http://tinypic.com/r/250v5tv/9
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    JeffVader wrote: »
    Jawa engineer can't stealth so he's not a great option. Stealth helps keep Scavenger or Dathcha alive when using them with the clones.

This is one reason, the second is the thermal dets don't count towards the cooldown of 212th, that would mean you need even more crit chance than you already need, nearly impossible if you want to keep the damage up
  • Options
    We really need to get more clone troopers like Commander Doom and commander thorn

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=llY3ysK8Pug
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    So I have a feeling that after this whole 'Imperial uprise' going on the clones will be looked at soon. 10 months until the movie, everyone is getting updated, and clones and Jedi now under Galactic Republic tag. They will likely deepen the clone roster or at least have better synergy between Jedi and clones.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    So I have a feeling that after this whole 'Imperial uprise' going on the clones will be looked at soon. 10 months until the movie, everyone is getting updated, and clones and Jedi now under Galactic Republic tag. They will likely deepen the clone roster or at least have better synergy between Jedi and clones.

Hope so, they're fun toons but I just don't have a lot of use for them other than HAAT and my B team for GW.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy playing clones in GW, but they can't all survive node six intact.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Looking at R2s Zeta he grants 10% crit chance, 10% accuracy and when a light side ally scores a crit shot he dispels all debuffs.

Surely could be some use in the tank with a zCody team? After the big blast you're gonna clear all the dots with your first 212 attack?
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Keldo wrote: »
    Looking at R2s Zeta he grants 10% crit chance, 10% accuracy and when a light side ally scores a crit shot he dispels all debuffs.

Surely could be some use in the tank with a zCody team? After the big blast you're gonna clear all the dots with your first 212 attack?

I was plaining to consider it two, that would be great, and since we don't have a natural taunter, a fast R2 could make every one stealthed and just live 5's. The squad would gain 40% crit chance, and gain a lot of Offense since with a double Zeta on R2 you gain 10% of R2 offense, which again, his depending on galactic republic allies ! And yet, Clones gaines more health and more max protection, which will be great for them considering Echo or Cody's abilities.
    The squad would have 2 stuns which is great again.

The only question is, who will leave the squad to let R2 inside. I would say Echo but that would mean losing the only debuff we have... The other option is Rex, since we can clean everytime, but that would be hard too because Rex is the TM booster of the squad ! God help us !
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Its kind of hard to believe that a giant cannon firing down on you wouldn't leave you at least a little dazed...
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I was plaining to consider it two, that would be great, and since we don't have a natural taunter, a fast R2 could make every one stealthed and just live 5's. The squad would gain 40% crit chance, and gain a lot of Offense since with a double Zeta on R2 you gain 10% of R2 offense, which again, his depending on galactic republic allies ! And yet, Clones gaines more health and more max protection, which will be great for them considering Echo or Cody's abilities.
    The squad would have 2 stuns which is great again.

The only question is, who will leave the squad to let R2 inside. I would say Echo but that would mean losing the only debuff we have... The other option is Rex, since we can clean everytime, but that would be hard too because Rex is the TM booster of the squad ! God help us !

At the current state I would for sure remove Rex for R2, that might change after a rework. But R2 could be fun to run in p2 of the haat instead of Scavenger or Leia
  • Generic
    63 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    R2 is low on survivability in a P2 clone team at only 5% healthsteal, which is a bummer; might be able to R2Zody in P4 though since he has reliable buffing
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Generic wrote: »
    R2 is low on survivability in a P2 clone team at only 5% healthsteal, which is a bummer; might be able to R2Zody in P4 though since he has reliable buffing

True his health steal is low but maybe you could make up for it a bit by stealthing him for most of the in between topples part, with his basic and +40% (or 50) from his unique Zeta he should be hitting in the 5.5-6k without mods and non-crit, sure thats still only 300ish but he has a lot more health than Leia or Scav, could be worth a shot even if it seems like a long shot.

For p4 you will run into the same trouble as you would with Rex, need perfect timing or Cody will get out of topple unbuffed, that's even an issue with Leia and she usually does a good job at keeping buffs up.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    FOTP and FOO don't have any health steal and no protection regeneration, yet do just fine in p2 and p4. Just depends how fast you can kill those turrets.

If you have enough DPS, p4 is always better since the tank doesn't take a turn after topple.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    FOTP and FOO don't have any health steal and no protection regeneration, yet do just fine in p2 and p4. Just depends how fast you can kill those turrets.

If you have enough DPS, p4 is always better since the tank doesn't take a turn after topple.

Thanks, that helps in making the decision about putting R2 in as trial.

I'm not sure about p4 there, in my guild most people who can hit 7mil in p4 are averaging less damage with princess Zody than I am averaging on p2 with Scavenger over the past 5 raids. It seems to me Leia is far more RNG dependent than Zody Scav and the damage is not far below in p2
  • Options
    KeKattia wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »

Thanks, that helps in making the decision about putting R2 in as trial.

I'm not sure about p4 there, in my guild most people who can hit 7mil in p4 are averaging less damage with princess Zody than I am averaging on p2 with Scavenger over the past 5 raids. It seems to me Leia is far more RNG dependent than Zody Scav and the damage is not far below in p2

Leia drives me nuts - she has no problem firing 5-6 times without triggering her team buff during topple and getting Cody killed lol. And then refusing to double or triple tap for minutes at a time, and choosing not to heal......RNG with her is just infuriating xD There are so many things that CAN go wrong that one of them tends to eventually lol.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    ceBpvTx.png

Clones had a hayday in p4 H AAT Today !
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    ceBpvTx.png

Clones had a hayday in p4 H AAT Today !

Ahhh! Nice! Got a personal best today as well lol - you have me beat though :P

VaD9u56.jpg

• dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I tried Princess Zody for the first time. Got 1.4 million. Leia died pretty quickly. The teams getting those scores have mods that I don't, lol.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    I just can't mod them well enough to run P4 but working on their gear to get them decent in P2 with Scavenger
  • Options
    RECENTLY unlocked 4 out of 5 clones with fives left is there any strategies should I follow?
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    MykeKilo wrote: »
    RECENTLY unlocked 4 out of 5 clones with fives left is there any strategies should I follow?

Getting them all 7*, level 85, G11+ doesn't help that much. I've tried. If you want 6-8 million damage, it all comes down to mods. Not stars or levels or gear or zetas. You live or die by five sets of incredible mods.