It says "Prepare" but then it says it starts tomorrow.

Prev1
Thanks EA for more fantastic communication. And no, 11 days is not likely enough time either....unless it only requires 5* characters or something like that.

Replies

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    No idea what to expect or what we get rewarded or what to use exactly.

It's CGs way of saying "we need money, so let's throw a blind event at them so they have to pay to get the reward and be ready for it."
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    They hinted rebels a long time ago.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Have you ever thought OP that these faction based events aren't for everyone?

That events that require Rebels were actually for....players who've invested in Rebels?

(Btw I've been playing since December and I don't own a single Rebel)
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »

It's CGs way of saying "we need money, so let's throw a blind event at them so they have to pay to get the reward and be ready for it."

That's what they do with everything. Like now we're given very little information about the raid or how to prepare for it. It'll drop one day out of the blue and then people will be hard farming some random **** characters no one has to do well.

• Options
    C00L_Story wrote: »

That events that require Rebels were actually for....players who've invested in Rebels?

How is that even possible? Lando, AA, StHan, Leia, Biggs, HRS, Luke are all f2p nd supduper easy to farm...
    You must be sitting on hundreds of thousand tokens/cantina currency/guild currency/and whatnot....
    Honestly, wich toons di you own?
  • Options
    Dont worry, im sure they put rebel pack to the shop, "only" for 100000$. Just now, and just for you and only 1 time offer : )
  • Options
    They did hint at getting g your rebels ready, what, over a month ago? Even I knew this event was coming long in advance.
  • C00L_Story
    296 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I don't follow the meta and have a thing for the darkside..

All First Order
    6 Jedi's
    All Ewoks
    Droids, 3 IG's & HK with a poggle on top
    A few Night sisters(Daka,Talia,Ventriss)
    5 Empire, but they are mostly benched at lvl 60 except for RG who is lvl 80
    My 5 Scoundrels are still being starred up and benched at lvl 60
    And 3 Jawas that need to be leveled and promoted.
    Then a few bottom dwellers I havent really messed with besides bringing them to lvl 50

Most of all that is lvl 80 7* with at least gear level 7 for those who are high enough level.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    I don't follow the meta and have a thing for the darkside..

All First Order
    6 Jedi's
    All Ewoks
    Droids, 3 IG's & HK with a poggle on top
    A few Night sisters(Daka,Talia,Ventriss)
    5 Empire, but they are mostly benched at lvl 60 except for RG who is lvl 80
    My 5 Scoundrels are still being starred up and benched at lvl 60
    And 3 Jawas that need to be leveled and promoted.
    Then a few bottom dwellers I havent really messed with besides bringing them to lvl 50

Most of all that is lvl 80 7* with at least gear level 7 for those who are high enough level.

No offence but would have expected a higher roster as you have been playing since December
  • Options
    Resistance, Geonosians*, Clones, and Rebels are the factions I'm generally short on or don't have a high interest in.
  • Options
    Late December lol....and then it took me a few weeks to drop the other mobile games I was playing...but not to shabby for a f2p who doesn't have too much free time.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    While not completely true, a lot of these events are aimed at people who have been here for months and have a wide bench of characters. Although the wording on the alert made it seem that this will be a while before its return, most of these (especially if there is an achievement connected to it) will return.

The majoraty of players did not get Yoda the first time it came around, the same with other events. Try it and see how you perform and then work on characters that will help.

I've been here since November and have a good Rebel team and only a decent Empire. If they opted for empire event this week, I would probably not be able to finish it but that's the path of character advancement that I chose to focus on. The past month, I've been mainly focusing on Jawas, it's not wasted time but it's not usefull here.
  • Options
    I swear you people will complain about everything. There hasn't been a new event in a long time and we finally get one and you people are complaining because it's rebels? You can have a good complete rebel pretty easily. They are all f2p!
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    All 0 of my Rebels are prepared for the event!! :tongue:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options

You should at least own Biggs by now. I'm Nov. shard and finished off all the GW toons at least a month ago (they aren't all 7* because credits but they all have enough shards for 7*).
  • C00L_Story
    296 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

You should at least own Biggs by now. I'm Nov. shard and finished off all the GW toons at least a month ago (they aren't all 7* because credits but they all have enough shards for 7*).

Currently farming Datcha in GW shipments, but after that I only have Tusken Raider, Resistance Pilot, and Biggs left to unlock & 7*.

I'll probably jump on Biggs next and taint my roster with filthy rebel scum..
  • Options
    For a short bit I was just farming GW shipment shards for expediting toons I was working on via the shard shop.
  • Options
    So from a prepare standpoint we have one reoccurring event that uses Rebels already, and Rebels are also required for a mod challenge. I'm sure EA assumes you should already be actively working toward rebels.

That said, here is what is going to happen: Wedge is the only ptp Rebel left, so I'm certain that this event will basically be impossible unless you use him as leader. The point being to make this miserable for those of us who didn't already spend on Wedge so that in concert with the event, EA can release a "Rebel Pack" that allows you to get a mix of shards including Wedge. Once everyone spends on all of those shards to max Wedge over the next 11 days, he will then be released as a farmable character in GW at the start of September.

Yall know I'm right.

• Options
    How do you have zero rebels? No ST Han or AA? With think with the current raid everyone has AA.

Achilles wrote: »
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    How do you have zero rebels? No ST Han or AA? With think with the current raid everyone has AA.

Achilles wrote: »
    No AA, but EE ;)

Edit: And ya, i dont even have ST Han and also dont have Leia ... im more a fan of CloneWars, so i focused on CloneWars-characters (except of some "must-haves" like QGJ, Rey, EE, Teebo, etc).
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options

Exactly. I couldn't play the assault events, but I was perfectly fine with it.

I'm sure they will release more events for other factions. Some you will be able to play, some you won't be able to play.

Don't forget that events are extra. You will not be held back because you couldn't complete an event
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So from a prepare standpoint we have one reoccurring event that uses Rebels already, and Rebels are also required for a mod challenge. I'm sure EA assumes you should already be actively working toward rebels.

That said, here is what is going to happen: Wedge is the only ptp Rebel left, so I'm certain that this event will basically be impossible unless you use him as leader. The point being to make this miserable for those of us who didn't already spend on Wedge so that in concert with the event, EA can release a "Rebel Pack" that allows you to get a mix of shards including Wedge. Once everyone spends on all of those shards to max Wedge over the next 11 days, he will then be released as a farmable character in GW at the start of September.

Yall know I'm right.

rofl, what event has ever required a p2p character to complete? I know its the "hip" thing to do these days, hate on EA because they want to make money, but fact remains that swgoh is a very f2p friendly game. (and a rather costly p2w game)

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    From EA/CG corporate guidebook...

Prepare -/ prəˈper/
    verb
    verb: prepare; 3rd person present: prepares; past tense: prepared; past participle: prepared; gerund or present participle: preparing
    - make (someone) ready or able to do or deal with something.
    Businessman-holding-cash.jpg
  • Options
    I have the Rebels to complete this event, the only problem is I don't have the credits to upgrade them for it, after maxing out my AA I'm left with 16k and I still need to upgrade my STH, my Biggs is 4* with 158 shards left to upgrade him to 6* but again not enough credits, would have been the ideal thing to bring a credit heist out today so people had a last ditch effort to prepare
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    I know its the "hip" thing to do these days, hate on EA because they want to make money, but fact remains that swgoh is a very f2p friendly game. (and a rather costly p2w game)

And here I thought Stockholm Syndrome was the hip forum thing....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I know its the "hip" thing to do these days, hate on EA because they want to make money, but fact remains that swgoh is a very f2p friendly game. (and a rather costly p2w game)

And here I thought Stockholm Syndrome was the hip forum thing....

by the looks of it, you think being wrong is kinda hip aswell ;)
  • digsmartins
    170 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    forget it
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Resistance, Geonosians*, Clones, and Rebels are the factions I'm generally short on or don't have a high interest in.

"don't have a high interest in" but now its complaining of not participating in a rebel event.
    So the game and devs must adapt to your play style?
    its a big world and you have ego issues.

Read his first post lmfao
  • Options

"don't have a high interest in" but now its complaining of not participating in a rebel event.

Ooohwee. Pretty sure you should go back and read. He hasn't complained once. But, with the ego issues you seem to have, you likely won't admit you're wrong.
  • digsmartins
    170 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »

Read his first post lmfao

Ooohwee. Pretty sure you should go back and read. He hasn't complained once. But, with the ego issues you seem to have, you likely won't admit you're wrong.

Sorry, I have just woke up. Editting!