The Galactic First Order Players Discussion

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »
    Took Kylo to gear 11 today. And with that, I am finished gearing.
    jcjkoSl.png
    *gets 2 stars on mod challenge*

I was able to get 3 star in the mod challenge way before these guys were close to max, I never understood why people had trouble with it.
  • Options
    jcjkoSl.png

@Aero you still use them for arena or anything?
  • Options
    That's extremely impressive Aero. Their time will come. Either a Kylo rework or a new character that breaks it open. Have you done the Phasma Zeta?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    jcjkoSl.png

@Aero you still use them for arena or anything?

Still using in Arena, yes. Currently #119.
    Minowara wrote: »
    That's extremely impressive Aero. Their time will come. Either a Kylo rework or a new character that breaks it open. Have you done the Phasma Zeta?

17/20, so very soon!
  • Options

If Resistance got a boost, we should expect a First Order boost soon as well....

There needs to be balance in the force...lol
  • Options
    I was able to get 3 star in the mod challenge way before these guys were close to max, I never understood why people had trouble with it.

RNG plays a much bigger factor than anything in the FO mod challenge. It took me many tries to 3 star it due to FOO/FOTP combo 1 shotting either my FOTP or FOO in wave 4. It wasn't until they targetted Kylo that I was finally able to 3 star it.

My FO squad were all 7* and G8-10 when I finally got 3 stars on the challenge. I downed the jawa one when they were all 5-6* and at G7-8.
  • Options
    Jealous of your FO team @Aero I still need to get FOO and FOST to g11 then I will be done. It's just so hard to justify dumping resources into them when they are so bad right now. I'm inspired now though so time to start gearing lol.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I present to you Captain Zasma!

URMCtdY.jpg
    iEU2b5t.png

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Ooooh shiny.... let me know how you do with her
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    @Durrun no Arena attempts right now but I did a test run in PVE.

https://youtu.be/n7Ifx6AI6uo
  • Options
    @Durrun no Arena attempts right now but I did a test run in PVE.

https://youtu.be/n7Ifx6AI6uo

For some reason I always thought based on the description upgrade it was a chance for a triple assist. Not just a 60% chance for 1st order to call in people to assist.

Anyway if 1st order gets better damage dealers I see this as being a great leadership ability. Just got to wait until episode 8.
  • Options
    Why the offense mods? First order seems more pointed towards crit damage
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Why the offense mods? First order seems more pointed towards crit damage

I originally farmed mods for Empire characters. Never had the time to get new mods, but these mods have really good speed stats on them so I just transfer them around to whatever team I'm in the mood for.
  • Options
    I decided to gear up my FO team again because I'm tired of staring at rebels. Got Kylo to G10 a couple of weeks ago and now I'm hoping that upcoming rework is going to make the effort worthwhile.
  • Options
    I am hoping it is too. It all depends on if it's a team rework like they did for resistance or if it's kylo-only. If it's Kylo only, I fear that it will be tough to overcome how bad FOO and FOST are.
  • Options
    Kylo is the character of the month. The last two characters that were logins got reworked. First order may pay off
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    They already announced the rework. I just hope it is enough. Remember, when they killed FO with the last rework, they said that they found FO to be better than previously. I have my doubts. But that being said, my resistance team is awesome so hopefully it's a FO rework and not just a small Kylo buff.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Soooooo gents bet that's more than you ever hoped for.... freakin insane synergy here now. Best in game I'd argue. The sheer damage output alone is nuts from tie pilot with kylo and stormtrooper.. I'm jealous myself XD
  • Options
    So I have everyone but kylo at 7* Kylo is 6* worth to gear them now?
  • Options
    OK. @Aero , whenever you purchased that crystal ball please let me know.

Oh, and just to save time tell me what is your next squad farm :p

I did not took the FO wagon, is it too late?

Also, please post some videos of the new upgraded FO characters at your earliest convenience :-)
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/xnkb06NM_Es

First look video guys!

@Ronaldo I was thinking of sith as my next farm just because we now know Nihilus is coming up. Either that or finish Resistance for Zeta Finn. And by the way, it's definitely not too late to jump on board this train!
  • Options
    Yikes. That was a disappointment.

So much text and so little benefit. Super disappointed with the FO rework. Are they better? Yes. Are they good enough? They don't look like it to me.

Phasma: untouched, but already very good. Requires Zeta to make FO work.

Kylo: terrible changes. No notable increase to damage, which was his main issue. The stun on outrage is the only notable upgrade. Lash out still deals no aoe damage. His basic is still weak and has barely anything good about it. The conversion from 50% health to full health was nice, and had been requested for ages, but it's still not very notable. Kylo barely got an upgrade from this round of upgrades.

FOST: Still terribly weak. Given the other characters out these days, a 65% counter chance is embarrassing. When he uses an ability he has a 50% chance to call an assist? Would 100% really have been game breaking? Not really. The taunt ability is nice, but he is still quite weak.

FOO: Some positive changes, but not nearly enough. The ability to target the ally getting the boost is nice, and the cleanse and tenacity up on the two targets is nice, but he still dies in.... maybe 2 hits? And he still doesn't hit very hard. The pinning shot buff is nice.

FOTP: Nice changes, some damage increases, but not that much benefit. So a zeta on him only gives some crit chance, crit damage, and a 70% chance at foresight from advantage going away? Why not 100%? Would that really be too strong?

Overall, this was a VERY weak rework in my opinion. The idea was right, but every number was too small of a boost. And there was very little done here to help their pitifully low damage. Advantage isn't much of an advantage anymore, since everyone bumps crit rates with mods. It used to be good, but it's not that good anymore. And it takes 4 zetas to max this team? 4?? For this??

The team is still:
    slow
    lacks an aoe dispel
    lacks an aoe cleanse
    deals very poor damage except for FOTP
    lacks an autotaunt
    the two decent characters are very squishy, and the others have tons of hp/prot and deal tiny damage

They are better than they were, but not much. Still a team for fun with little benefit.

I could be wrong on this, but I am not wowed by anything I've seen today. Maybe Phasma's lead pulls this all together, but I would have to see it to believe it.
  • Options

So much text and so little benefit. Super disappointed with the FO rework. Are they better? Yes. Are they good enough? They don't look like it to me.
    Kylo: he's built for quanity over quality, hence being able to reset his cooldowns and gaining speed per Debuff which he can give himself
    Storm: The counter is low becuase he can taunt, other characters with high counters like Aayla, Dooku, and fives have no way of taunting (well fives technically can be needs kenobi) and the only other taunting counter is sun fac who's at 50% and everyone loves him, as well as the stormtrooper now has a dispel if he has advantage which both he can give himself, officer can give him, and phasma can give to all. Finally he has the 50% assist chance since if he's being used its on a first order team under a phasma lead which gives first order a 40% assist chance and 60% if zeta
    Officer: alright I'll give you that his basic could use a little bump
    Pilot: the reason is a pseudo balance, he is the second highest damage dealer in the game after Rey the difference being he has 3 ways of gaining advantage within the first order so his unqiue will be giving lots of advantage that he'll burn off seeing as 2/3 also give him a large amount of turn meter, so if it was every time he lost advantage he'd almost have a never ending foresight, kind of like how K2-SO has a 97% counter and 75% taunt chance when he attacks, they aren't 100% to keep balance
  • Options
    You're forgetting Baze, who taunts, starts with taunt, and has a 100% counter. People like Sun Fac because of the dispel on his counter.

The problem is the taunt. He is too slow to be meaningful. The speed of the current meta will have killed FOTP before the taunt has a chance to go up. The fastest -- FOO, who can share that speed with someone, is still only at 145.
  • Options
    Like the video but audio is way to loud and can't hear you becuase of it

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Like the video but audio is way to loud and can't hear you becuase of it

I'll turn the volume down more when I do videos against meta. I'm using AZ Recorder so it's recording the game volume indirectly out of the speakers into the mic. Thought I had it turned down enough, but guess not.
  • Options
    You're forgetting Baze, who taunts, starts with taunt, and has a 100% counter. People like Sun Fac because of the dispel on his counter.

The problem is the taunt. He is too slow to be meaningful. The speed of the current meta will have killed FOTP before the taunt has a chance to go up. The fastest -- FOO, who can share that speed with someone, is still only at 145.
    I think we can all agree chaze as a whole is OP, and baze has no mean of taunting by command, he's forced to taunt whenever someone dies or at the start of a match so if you focus him down when he's not taunting or dispel it he's just the slowest character in the game with a dispel that without a team to boost him will almost never go, stormtrooper could potentially taunt early should you want to use the FOO's turn meter on him but I will admit despite the good buffs they got the first order is still slow to be (at least arena) viable. Maybe if they add Hux he can help fix that
  • 9Fingers
    21 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Kylo: terrible changes. No notable increase to damage, which was his main issue. The stun on outrage is the only notable upgrade. Lash out still deals no aoe damage. His basic is still weak and has barely anything good about it. The conversion from 50% health to full health was nice, and had been requested for ages, but it's still not very notable. Kylo barely got an upgrade from this round of upgrades.

He's had a huge increase in damage! He's amazing against Zader lead which is current Meta on some shards. I just hit a 23K AOE followed up with a 46K Outrage (Boba Lead, Health Below 50%, 5-6 Debuffs on him) My Kylo is still Gear 10 so I'm sure sure people will hit bigger damage than that.

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pulling off similarly high outrages!