• Options
    ilyanor wrote: »
    Today nightmare:
    Sid 7* Lev 65 gear 8
    Rey 7* Lev 65 gear7
    Fotp 7* lev 65 gear8
    GS 7* lev65 gear8
    Poe 7*lev65 gear don't remember
    i've managed to win the battle only resetting the match about 20-30 times finding the magical Rng streak..
    No fun at all..
    I'm lev 63 and this was the 9th node
    You know, if the old retreat function still existed, chances are you would've never finished that node. Would that be more fun?

If you didn't want to restart 20-30 times, you could've just quit and stop right there. It'd be just like GW under the old retreat function.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    I have never once completed a GW. It changes everyday. The most I make is 300-400 a day. I know it's a challenge and I'm not asking for free wins but there is a lot of mismatching that makes it hard. I fight a team that's near my level early and then I get a lower level team that kills me off. I guess maybe I don't have enough heroes to compensate. But that takes time and grinding heroes. If I had money to blow I could fill ranks faster though.
  • Options
    Bill wrote: »
    I have never once completed a GW. It changes everyday. The most I make is 300-400 a day. I know it's a challenge and I'm not asking for free wins but there is a lot of mismatching that makes it hard. I fight a team that's near my level early and then I get a lower level team that kills me off. I guess maybe I don't have enough heroes to compensate. But that takes time and grinding heroes. If I had money to blow I could fill ranks faster though.

This is pretty much me. I get about 400 a day, and get a little past halfway. Once I hit that halfway point i'm facing on level teams of all purples, and most times, at least 2 7*
  • Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    ventsel wrote: »
    After all this time and having won every single GW after the change...

I rest my case. The devs have killed the only fun part of the game.

My toddler nephew has that toy with pegs and holes of different forms (square, cross, triangle...) - I am sure most of you have seen it. That's what GWis now. A healer is killed? Retreat, change an attacker for a tank, repeat. Didn't work out? Change a shooter toon for a stunner toon and try again. Still wrong pegs in wrong holes? Bring the first combination back in but change the leader. Retreat and repeat. And again. And again.

No art. No thinking. Just try all possible combos of your most upgraded/competitive toons until you've found a right fit of pegs and holes.

Only I am not a toddler
    Hmm what's the different between dozen of force close and your toddler analogy on the above?

And your welcome ; )

I don't think it's the analogy you want since that peg system is to teach kids about shapes and 3 dymensions, and thus you are saying that Gw is teaching you how to play but you still aren't ready (but temporarily as you take note) and must try randomly. The analogy is loke saying "I still have no clue what to do and must try blindly".
  • Options
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    Today nightmare:
    Sid 7* Lev 65 gear 8
    Rey 7* Lev 65 gear7
    Fotp 7* lev 65 gear8
    GS 7* lev65 gear8
    i've managed to win the battle only resetting the match about 20-30 times finding the magical Rng streak..
    No fun at all..
    You know, if the old retreat function still existed, chances are you would've never finished that node. Would that be more fun?

If you didn't want to restart 20-30 times, you could've just quit and stop right there. It'd be just like GW under the old retreat function.

You do realize that the new retreat is no different from a simple force close, which has done the exact same thing for as long as GW has existed, right?
  • Options
    Today nightmare:
    Sid 7* Lev 65 gear 8
    Rey 7* Lev 65 gear7
    Fotp 7* lev 65 gear8
    GS 7* lev65 gear8
    No fun at all..

You do realize that the new retreat is no different from a simple force close, which has done the exact same thing for as long as GW has existed, right?
    To me, it looked like @ilyanor was complaining about how he had to redo that node 20-30 times until he won.
    It looked like he wasn't a fan of the force close method, but chose to use the old retreat function instead, which never would've given you so many attempts unless you have a near-full roster. He could've just gave up if he found it too bothersome. Right now, any player has the choice to redo a node as many times as they want, which the old one didn't do. If you don't feel have the energy to hope RNG will be in your favor, then don't do it.

And yes, it's quite obvious that the new retreat function is just like force close, which has been stated, if I remember correctly, in the first post.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't like it now because I feel the need to finish and sometimes that means 1 fight takes an hour trying to rube goldberg machine it, well that has only happened twice normally its 1-3 tries but my point is if you have to finish it can take a long time.

I remember a post before the patch when one guy complained it was to much like work, I laughed then but now not so much. I had to give up my alt account because I don't have the time to finish GW twice.

The change I would like to ease the difficulty a little is a ~10% heal and -1 to cool downs in between each fight.
  • MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Today nightmare:
    Sid 7* Lev 65 gear 8
    Rey 7* Lev 65 gear7
    Fotp 7* lev 65 gear8
    GS 7* lev65 gear8
    No fun at all..

To me, it looked like @ilyanor was complaining about how he had to redo that node 20-30 times until he won.
    It looked like he wasn't a fan of the force close method, but chose to use the old retreat function instead, which never would've given you so many attempts unless you have a near-full roster. He could've just gave up if he found it too bothersome. Right now, any player has the choice to redo a node as many times as they want, which the old one didn't do. If you don't feel have the energy to hope RNG will be in your favor, then don't do it.

And yes, it's quite obvious that the new retreat function is just like force close, which has been stated, if I remember correctly, in the first post.

The reason I asked was because you drew the exact opposite conclusion that I did, so I was just trying to be charitable and chock it up to ignorance.

The old way allowed for a user to save via retreat and load via force close. It then follows that with a method to save favorable results, save-scumming would go much faster with the old method of doing things. It would've potentially gone even faster with the assassination into retreat method of zerging away opposition.

Neither method would've resulted in having a lower likelyhood of victory, nor would either have taken longer. Also, if one wanted to save-scum, it would've been just as possible then as it is now.

Oh, and it's "could've just given up".
  • Options
    Not an active poster here. But had to log In and puts my 2 cents on gw.

I've played everyday since launch basically. Didn't utilize the retreat method on gw from get go , but after much frustration put 1 and 1 together and got with the program. Gw was getting beat. Prior to this I beat it once at like lvl 50 .

I will put it out there, trying to complete gw is worse than pounding your head on the wall. There is 0 fun factor in playing gw. I can go on and on a debate this and that. But I St comes down to it, trying g to complete gw on daily basis is 0 fun.

Example today, it literly took me my whole work day to finish a gw out. I play out toons turns/matches as getting my daily work task done through day. Sometimes I have moments / oppertunities to take the turns. It not something I sitting focus on 100%, but it took up every spare min/sec I could give it. As had 2nd match to try finish ( which I gave up on 2nd let node)

But restarting battles and such just try get to end is dumb.

Having the rng work out in battles, where cant get team healed for next match is dumb.

Not sure how a b team is supposed to work. Or sucide squad. Get to tougher parts those teams get wiped up in round or 2. Ftp here, but as been mention, having mxed out b squDs does nothing if cant keep battles moving ( reliance on healers).

But enough of this rant. Just wanted to be sure anyone's fault frustrated player voice is heard. The fun factor is not present , only relief upon completion.
  • Options
    Today nightmare:
    Sid 7* Lev 65 gear 8
    Rey 7* Lev 65 gear7
    Fotp 7* lev 65 gear8
    GS 7* lev65 gear8
    No fun at all..

The reason I asked was because you drew the exact opposite conclusion that I did, so I was just trying to be charitable and chock it up to ignorance.

The old way allowed for a user to save via retreat and load via force close. It then follows that with a method to save favorable results, save-scumming would go much faster with the old method of doing things. It would've potentially gone even faster with the assassination into retreat method of zerging away opposition.

Neither method would've resulted in having a lower likelyhood of victory, nor would either have taken longer. Also, if one wanted to save-scum, it would've been just as possible then as it is now.

Oh, and it's "could've just given up".
    But @ilyanor appears to be disdainful of the fact that it took him a good amount of tries to complete the node. If neither way took longer, this complaint appears to be kinda off. Now I might be wrong, but imo, his post appears to be slightly disapproving of the new retreat function, and I'll be honest, but I don't mind the new retreat function.

Also, it's "likelihood", though, and this is also my opinion, but correcting grammar isn't helpful in proving a point.

• Ilza
    67 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I find it interesting that so many seems to think that the Galactic War as a game-mode should be easy without investing resources into characters that are good for this specific game-mode. I have finished the Galactic War every day since the change, often I don't even use the retreat as I dislike it. Today I used the same 5 characters for battle 1-10 and brought in one sub each for battle 11-12.

My bench is currently not in a great shape: my substitute healer is 10 levels as well as 2 stars and 2-3 gear levels below my main team. My dps is about 5 levels and a couple of stars below my normal crew as well. I do have two tanks that I invested in for arena as my good substitutes but they are often only good for one battle.

That said, if you execute your plan well in every match and prioritize targets correctly with a good squad that's aimed at being good for the mechanics in the Galactic War it's often (not always) at a manageable difficulty. I look at some of the pictures of opposing teams in this thread and while some are really annoying, some show a clear lack of understanding in how to field a strong GW-squad as those teams shouldn't be very hard.

Some tips for those that are having trouble in the Galactic War:

Speed is even more important in the Galactic War than in the arena
    It's important in every fight to find which two targets does the least amount of damage and leave them for last to get back cooldowns
    Use offensive cooldowns during the first two rounds of battle and only if needed, otherwise save them for the next fight
    You shouldn't need more than two healers, running more will severely cripple your damage output.

As I can see some comments about my P2W-team coming, it consists of the following:

Luminara (leader), Sidious, Geonosian Soldier, Old Daka, Rey with only Sidious and Luminara fully stared. Suspect I could replace Rey with Hoth Rebel Scout as well if I didn't want to farm hardmodes.
    Post edited by Ilza on
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Although I would not like to fall into this theory, I believe there is a disparity between those who complain and those who didn't is because we have different difficulty levels in GW.

There are some who face 6-7* Leia, FOTP, QGJ from node 6 onwards. Thankfully I don't, those are usually at the end, and even so they are quite rare. There was someone who ranted that he is top few in arena (top 100 power are 22k above) and yet has difficulty completing GW because most of the opponents he faced have these OP beast in them.

However, I do face 6-7* Sid, Lumi, Kylo, Luke, Daka etc almost every battle from node 6 onwards.

In another thread, another player mentioned that it isn't difficult, he is 2 levels below me at lvl 62 and his GW team comprises of 7* Lumi, 6* Sid, 5* Chewie, 5* resistant pilot, 4* JC. If I use his team, I don't think I can even pass node 7-9, partly because of the near useless chewie and only a 4* JC.

How come we do face different kinds of team in GW? Is that why some people find it easy while others find it near impossible and frustrating?

• President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ccfoo wrote: »
    Although I would not like to fall into this theory, I believe there is a disparity between those who complain and those who didn't is because we have different difficulty levels in GW.

There are some who face 6-7* Leia, FOTP, QGJ from node 6 onwards. Thankfully I don't, those are usually at the end, and even so they are quite rare. There was someone who ranted that he is top few in arena (top 100 power are 22k above) and yet has difficulty completing GW because most of the opponents he faced have these OP beast in them.

However, I do face 6-7* Sid, Lumi, Kylo, Luke, Daka etc almost every battle from node 6 onwards.

In another thread, another player mentioned that it isn't difficult, he is 2 levels below me at lvl 62 and his GW team comprises of 7* Lumi, 6* Sid, 5* Chewie, 5* resistant pilot, 4* JC. If I use his team, I don't think I can even pass node 7-9, partly because of the near useless chewie and only a 4* JC.

How come we do face different kinds of team in GW? Is that why some people find it easy while others find it near impossible and frustrating?

Same. This is what I face every day. Honestly there really isn't any reward for leveling your account. You get punished by GW becoming populated by 6-7 star teams. IMO, difficulty should ramp up the further you go. At this point it's consistent from 6 on.

The first rung of galactic war should be super easy. Like level 45-50. Second rung level 50-55, third level 60, and fourth should have level 65 and up. Yes that fourth rung would be super hard. But it would give you a reason to work on your level. GW is supposed to be endgame content. Right now its not.

I am level 65, still haven't completed one. I shudder to think what I will see once I get to 70. Leveling is a punishment in this game
  • DestroyerOfCones
    22 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I enjoy GW a lot the way it is right now. While tweaks may help, it seems to be pretty good as it stands right now. Certainly a lot of fun!

While some battles are more difficult than others, GW appears to increase by squad power as opposed to levels or stars. I've faced higher level players with lower level toons, high level squads with low stars, and low level squads with high stars. Generally in a progression. The challenge is in matching your squad to match the battle and in coming up with strategy - not just to win the battle, but to win the war.

My A squad for GW is healer heavy. I stop using all buffs & special attacks after the first few rounds because I know I will need them the next round. I don't wait for strategic heals, but use JC the moment it's cooled down so that it cools down quicker. Lets me heal more times, and healing more is more important than healing strategically.

NickDaKingPin: the whole point of a low-level suicide squad is to get wiped out the first round. They're not supposed to do damage, they're supposed to get the foe to waste their special attacks on characters you don't care about. If they last 3 rounds, all those special attacks are cooled down and ready to go again. You know, strategy :)
  • Options
    I logged in just to complain. I discovered GW after the update, I began playing the game 2 weeks ago, and at first with my healers team I managed to survive. But things are becoming out of hand, I'm a f2p player, level 48, and my next fight, which I don't even want to try, is a fun one.

I'm not bad for now, I'm 80 in the arena, but in GW I just met a team with dooku and fotp same level as me, 48, they killed 3 of my guys but I revived them with my ancient ewok. And now, next fight, for the 8th battle, 5 level 62. Unduli, Dooku, Sidious, Opress, and Jedi Consular (yay !). I got a screenshot if you want. 5 or 4 stars for most of them, when my best guys are at 4. I repeat, I'm f2p, I shouldn't complain, but ****... GW was my only way to fight with paying players in the arena, but if it continues this way, it's finished. As I said, never used the old retreat function, but I could win with my healer team. Not anymore. Sorry if there's faults, not my language.
  • Options
    Sixplicit wrote: »
    After using the new retreat button I am not opposed to it. I just Retreat then stick in new team till I find what works. Not much fun as it is just a rinse and repeat action

This is exactly the problem. Starting completely over on a fight is just stupid. It prevents forward progress and forces players to play longer than they want to. And eventually make the decision to either A) Quit because it's becoming tiresome, or B) Keep trying new combinations which could take who knows how long, possibly leading back to option A if player runs out of time or simply can't beat it.

As it currently is, GW is a bad implementation of strategy.
  • Options
    Each day I try your new GW and find it stupid and frustratingly not fun. It's a GD shame that my BEST team gets beat by a team lower level early on in the 'war'. Those of you who clear it daily must be on an easy server, but I have yet to complete one since the change. I have a roster of 16 60+ toons and, while I don't feel like I'm entitled to complete it all the time, there is no fighting chance on my server.
    What was wrong with the prior retreat option? What did it really hurt? It felt way more strategic and less of a total RNG Charlie Foxtrot.
    I really enjoy most of this game and have spent money on it, and this alone may drive me away. If the developers don't really want the avg player to enjoy the content, then they have been successful.
  • Options
    I've beaten GW all but once since update...or make that twice, including today. Just reached L64. Just wondering how I can face a lvl 67 squad on the 8th node, when there are only 2 level 67s on the leader board? One has QJC as leader, and the other has Maul (looking at the ranks in Arena) and neither of them were in my GW group.

So, this L67 group came from where? I realize it's possible, someone has a L67 team, all purple, and four 7*s, with the rest 6*s, and just doesn't play arena, but I doubt that.

I ended up getting through it after 30 or so tries, but had to sacrifice JC (in addition to a 3-man suicide squad), and banged up Lumi and Phasma so much, it left me disadvantaged the rest of the run. Facing a L64 and L63 team on the next two nodes, taking 30 - 50 retreats each, I ended up finishing the 10th node, but have no hope of beating the 11th against a L65 team.

If this is the exception, fine. I can handle occasionally running into a group that whoops me. If this is the new normal, and it's going to get worse (as the server members level up tougher teams), or as it seems, even higher level teams are being pulled from other servers, it's going to be a rough 6 levels to 70.

I've wondered what all the fuss was about. I've heard it, agreed with it, and even said some of it: "You have a weak team, or a weak bench. Stop complaining and level up some toons. I'm F2P and complete almost every day." But, I haven't run into the string of beastly squads some have spoken of, until today. It's not fun.

• JoRo
    10 posts Member
    Options
    All I know is I haven't cleared GW one time since the update. I use to be able to clear at least a few times a week, but now I can't do it all. I didn't even use the retreat trick because I didn't know about it until much later. The mode just seems incredibly unbalanced, at least for me it has. I start fighting 6* level 60 teams by battle 7 and I'm no where near that skill level and can't complete it any more (my team is mostly 5* and I'm level 58 now, but even at level 55/56 I was getting put against level 60s). I understand it is supposed to be challenging, but where's my motivation to enjoy playing it if I can't clear it anymore? Really frustrating.
  • Options
    [
    DarthThai wrote: »
    I've beaten GW all but once since update...or make that twice, including today. Just reached L64. Just wondering how I can face a lvl 67 squad on the 8th node, when there are only 2 level 67s on the leader board? One has QJC

I've wondered what all the fuss was about. I've heard it, agreed with it, and even said some of it: "You have a weak team, or a weak bench. Stop complaining and level up some toons. I'm F2P and complete almost every day." But, I haven't run into the string of beastly squads some have spoken of, until today. It's not fun.

@DarthThai GW scales with your power. It's clear that you have a strong team now and high level as well. What you don't realize is once you reach the top tier of the game with mostly 6-7* characters on your arena team, you will be fighting the whale teams and other 7* teams. Level is not an issue here if you understand the mechanics, a level difference of 3-4 is minimal and there is even damage migitation if you are of a lower level. The thing is that the top tier GW teams now have well geared dps characters which can take out characters with one/two shots.
  • JoJoMo_007
    114 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    GW is mildly entertaining when you win and very frustrating when you lose.
    I like the "sit out one battle and be healed" idea someone had mentioned a few pages back.

I wonder what it's going to be like in 2-3 months when everyone is max level, gear, and stars? Will the first node be a full 7* team along with every other node? Everyone's A team all the way thru. No one will ever finish it at that point. Not how it is now. It needs to be changed.
  • Options

@DarthThai GW scales with your power. It's clear that you have a strong team now and high level as well. What you don't realize is once you reach the top tier of the game with mostly 6-7* characters on your arena team, you will be fighting the whale teams and other 7* teams. Level is not an issue here if you understand the mechanics, a level difference of 3-4 is minimal and there is even damage migitation if you are of a lower level. The thing is that the top tier GW teams now have well geared dps characters which can take out characters with one/two shots. [/quote]

This ^

Under these new rules I'm able to handle 2 - 3 7* teams but not when I face 4 in a row with the likes of Poe hiding high dps toons on 2 of them. I only have 1 Poe.
  • Options
    I only had a problems while i was below level 60 and undergeared fighting level 60 people

now I usually finish with the team I started with maybe 1 or 2 resets just to make sure I have full health

I use sidious, luminara, consular, old daka, dooku
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Alecation wrote: »
    ...I use sidious, luminara, consular, old daka, dooku
    Hey, that's my team! Give them back! ;)

Seriously though, that's exactly who I use in GW. And they get me through the whole thing, occasionally with a sub if the RNG requires a character switch to let me win. Bo-ring.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    I hope whoever decided on the gw changes gets butt crack cancer
  • Omnirhyze
    167 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Baggodix wrote: »
    I hope whoever decided on the gw changes gets butt crack cancer

Looks like someone is a little... bùtthurt!
    Yes I came here just to make that joke.
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Rolf wrote: »

Seriously though, that's exactly who I use in GW. And they get me through the whole thing, occasionally with a sub if the RNG requires a character switch to let me win. Bo-ring.

Same team here! Just retry until I get lucky.
  • Options
    @xJazzx and @Catatonic39 Well, that's not encouraging, lol. So basically I have harder and harder teams to look forward to? And those around me in level and gear, get to look forward to facing my team as well.

My team (and bench) is descent: 7* Phasma (L), 7* Sid, 7* Lumi, 5* Dooku, 5*JC
    Bench: 5*Kylo, 5* Daka (Many other lower level and WIPs)

Well, I guess the only thing I can do (if I want to complete GW consistently) is get started on Poe and Poggle, and keep leveling my GS and FOTP. This is going to suck if in order to compete we need to all have cookie-cutter teams and the only change in line up is when a new OP character is released and everyone rushes to get that one and star/level/gear it up.
  • Options
    Getting frustrated.
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »

Same here.
    you must be strong in GW!
This discussion has been closed.