Mk 3 Sienar Holo Projector

Prev1
Have can 16 toons * 3 or more levels need 20 of this piece of gear.

It's only available by farming. No challenges or anything easy. Literally every toon need this piece. 10 people in my guild are requesting this piece. Why is it so hard to get. It's needed for raid pieces and every either piece you can think of. I could buy 30 vaults and still never have enough of these. Yet I have thousands of purple gear that is useless

Replies

• Options
    300 crystals in shipments, problem solved.... I buy a couple a week
  • Options
    You should hit the lottery. Never seen these for 300 crystals
  • Options
    Worst purple in the game. Seriously, why can't we get these from challenges instead of the completely useless Mk IV Stun Guns. I've got 30 full crafted pieces and 400 salvage just waiting there, but every toon needs about 3-5 Mk III Holo Projectors...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Buying gear with crystals is definitely better than trying to farm them. Take the RNG out of it
  • Options
    Thank you Bena. According to these forums we are the only ones who need 39 of these.
  • Options
    The problem with just telling people to buy them with crystals is that those are crystals I could be spending on something like refreshes or stun cuffs. I don't think you realize how long it takes to save up crystals if you're FTP or a small spender who's not in the top 50. There's no reason I should have like 900 pieces of mark 5 purple computers that like 2 characters need while every character I farm needs 39 holo projectors. There should be a gear store where I can trade my useless gear for something I need.
  • Options
    Yeah, they should be part of one of the daily challenges. I need over 600 of them. Just ridiculous!
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Options
    Or put them in tier 5,6, and 7 raid rewards.
  • Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    300 crystals in shipments, problem solved.... I buy a couple a week

+1

I also just got 6 pieces on the 7:00 shipment refresh.
  • Options
    Thank you Bena. According to these forums we are the only ones who need 39 of these.

Lol

I even buy them when they show up, but I still need like 30 just to take my current toons up a gear level. It's insane.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    At least you only need twenty per toon and can farm them from an 8 energy node. They are also pretty cheap in store. That's nothing really. Wait until you have 16 toons that need 50 of something that can only be farmed from 10 energy nodes, and cost 1400 crystals. Like stun cuffs, or mk7 bitotech implants.

The grind only gets worse.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    At least you only need twenty per toon and can farm them from an 8 energy node. They are also pretty cheap in store. That's nothing really. Wait until you have 16 toons that need 50 of something that can only be farmed from 10 energy nodes, and cost 1400 crystals. Like stun cuffs, or mk7 bitotech implants.

The grind only gets worse.

But to be able to equip any stun cuffs, stun guns or syringes, you need to have 2-3 holo projectors just to get there.

But yes, I need about 10 sets of cuffs and syringes as well.
  • Options
    Yeah I for sure understand the grind. The cuffs and syringes just makes my point. There are 4 or 5 main gear pieces that almost every toon needs. Yet I'm setting with 1000's of other purple gear that seems useless. They need to look into ways to put these major pieces in more challenges or events. Things I know would never happen like the devs adjusting the gear requirement or a trading system.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The grind is harsh. It takes me roughly 1-2 weeks to farm an item when it comes to something like stun cuffs... anything below 50 is cake walk.
  • Options
    Yeah ... I feel ya, fam S4E0Ctn.jpg
  • Options
    Nice chart.
  • Options
    Agreed. I have 2 different purple gears with over 1,000 each that I can't give away. Yet this one which you need as a stand alone piece as well as a part of SO many other pieces is one of the hardest to farm. And you typically need it from gear 6 all the way. So it's not like it's a simple generally need 20-40 to gear 9 a toon and he done with it.
  • Options
    There is an exchange option in the guild. They can be found in shipments, they can be a reward from raiding and they can be farmed. Problem solved.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Ironic that it adds 2% tenacity and yet requires the most tenacious grinding?

• Options
    +1... Not only is it one of the worst items to grind, it's also totally useless, and always makes me upset that I waste a gear slot on that crap.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Cronoz. You can only get it from raid t3 and 4. Which nobody does now. Good luck getting this piece in guild exchange when over half your guild is also asking for it. I have a feeling you're lvl 50 or so.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    are you guys serious? its a 20 piece gear... Salvages even show up in shipments for credits from time to time.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Look at the chart Leef. You need this piece by far more than any other. 20 or not. If it adds up to more than all the 50 pieces then it's still the worst piece.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Look at the chart Leef. You need this piece by far more than any other. 20 or not. If it adds up to more than all the 50 pieces then it's still the worst piece.

If you're referring to my chart, you should look again. I need about 320 Mk 3 Sienar Holo Projectors, 550 Mk 6 Hypo Syringes, and 850 Mk 3 Carbanti Sensors. So it's only #3 on my chart of needed gear. But you "only" need 20 Projectors to gear up a slot, it's really not too bad. Wait until you run into the gear that requires 100-150 salvage to complete. Total joy!
  • Options
    Ok so fine so in total you need more syringes. But 320/20 that is 16 toons. Its fine let this post die. 16 toons need this piece but none of them need the 2100 purple pieces I have sitting dead. How can they have messed up this bad on the gear distribution.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    There is an exchange option in the guild. They can be found in shipments, they can be a reward from raiding and they can be farmed. Problem solved.

Your joke diidn't register.
  • Options
    I always drop the 300 purps to get these when they show up in shipments, my problem is deciding who gets it, since so many toons are dependent on getting them
  • Options
    These are a pain, but nowhere near the pain of cuffs, stun guns, and syringes

I especially hate getting furnace salvage and knowing I can't put it anywhere because I need 50 syringes and 20 of the holo projectors

It's also a pain in the events because you need a crap ton of Mk 3 Droid Callers, but you also need a crap ton of the Mk 6 Syringes, so you have to decide what to go for in the healers/support challenge
  • Options
    petedaddy wrote: »
    These are a pain, but nowhere near the pain of cuffs, stun guns, and syringes

I especially hate getting furnace salvage and knowing I can't put it anywhere because I need 50 syringes and 20 of the holo projectors

It's also a pain in the events because you need a **** ton of Mk 3 Droid Callers, but you also need a **** ton of the Mk 6 Syringes, so you have to decide what to go for in the healers/support challenge

Indeed. Gearing up EP and rebels I needed roughly a million Mk3 droid callers. On the other hand, Rey, Leia, Ashoka, Greedo, Dooku, Lumi, and ALL need hyposyringes. The first three being stuck at Gear 8 for over two months now.

Fun :|
  • Options
    Most rewards from the daily challenges are useless and absurd - especially the tank challenge....They should be switched up even with not purple gear but also very sought one....(and don't get me startede on the pointless 93k credits on the credit challenge :neutral: )