It's time to mod your team with tenacity mods and put the emperor to his early retirement

3Edward9
486 posts Member
edited September 2016
Once we mod our arena team with V tenacity mods which could also add 22.5% protection, 12% critical chance, 36% critical damage and 24% tenacity, Ackbar is ready to retire and transfers his leadership to Wedge.

They can add up to 54% tenacity, 30% from max set, 24% from plus. Your tenacity could be somewhere near 80% which is lol.

So be it! Let the emperor rule the arena, it seems there is very little I can do about it.
Post edited by 3Edward9 on

Replies

• xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    3Edward9 wrote: »
    Once we mod our arena team with V tenacity mods which could also add 22.5% protection, 12% critical chance, 36% critical damage and 24% tenacity, Ackbar is ready to retire and transfers his leadership to Wedge.

They can add up to 54% tenacity, 30% from max set, 24% from plus. Your tenacity could be somewhere near 80% which is lol.

Let's make the emperor tremble.

Yes let's cripple our team and stack tenacity to make
    One toon less viable but yet but us at risk due to the 4 other toons that will rampage us because of it

Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

Let's make the F emperor tremble.

Yes let's cripple our team and stack tenacity to make
    One toon less viable but yet but us at risk due to the 4 other toons that will rampage us because of it

Tenacity mods have identical primary and secondary stats as health and other mods, you want health (up to 20%) and protection (up to 90%), no problem.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Not really. EP has about 47 percent potency without potency mods. You could use tenacity but even my JE with tenacity mods arrow and two tenacity mods has tenacity of 65 percent. The 65 versus 47 is basically the same as if I didn't have tenacity on JE (there is always 15 percent minimum).

They need to get rid of that 15 percent minimum or double all tenacity mod stat increases to make any sort of difference
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Give the Emperor a potency primary cross mod and put him as lead. He has over 100% potency. *evil laugh.
  • Options
    My Rex is 133% tenacity n 228 speed. I dont need everybody w tenacity mods, just him.
    *lighthearted grunt*
  • Options
    P.S. Yoda, problem solved. If ya cant match the mod meta, qgj as lead def helps. In fact just tried that w my arena team out payout (3 outta 5 palps in top 5), it was even easier. Granted im rocking yoda at 320 speed w qgj lead, but still. Easy
  • Options
    Or scoundrel Han. Stun first, ask questions later.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Asic wrote: »
    Not really. EP has about 47 percent potency without potency mods. You could use tenacity but even my JE with tenacity mods arrow and two tenacity mods has tenacity of 65 percent. The 65 versus 47 is basically the same as if I didn't have tenacity on JE (there is always 15 percent minimum).

They need to get rid of that 15 percent minimum or double all tenacity mod stat increases to make any sort of difference

• Options
    Don't see this idea taking off. It's not that hard to get tenacity on mods from any challenge let alone secondaries.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Tenacity mods not needed.
  • Options
    With most people stacking potency on their emperors you can't even get enough tenacity on some toons to make any difference. JE for example has low natural tenacity and even with a complete set of tenacity mods it won't be enough to combat emperor's potency or most others who have it stacked
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Don't see this idea taking off. It's not that hard to get tenacity on mods from any challenge let alone secondaries.

Why not? Nearly all the top 10 teams on my sever have the emperor with potency around 75%. With tenacity mods, I could boost my team's tenacity to above 70% which should significantly reduce the chance of emperor's detrimental effects.

Without tenacity mods, when he stuns my team will lose one turn and it is worse if he puts immunity on my team, RG is unable to taunt, QGJ cannot boost damage for my team by removing taunting, heal neither.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options

Why not? Nearly all the top 10 teams on my sever have the emperor with potency around 75%. With tenacity mods, I could boost my team's tenacity to above 70% which should significantly reduce the chance of emperor's detrimental effects.

Without tenacity mods, when he stuns my team I will lose one turn and it is worse if he puts immunity on my team, RG is unable to taunt, QGJ cannot boost damage for my team by removing taunting, heal neither.

70 tenacity is literally worthless against 75 potency. Might as well be zero tenacity.

70 tenacity minus 75 potency is negative 5. Which means you are granted the base 15% resist chance.
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So be it! Let the emperor rule the arena, it seems there is very little I can do about it.
  • Options

Without tenacity mods, when he stuns my team will lose one turn and it is worse if he puts immunity on my team, RG is unable to taunt, QGJ cannot boost damage for my team by removing taunting, heal neither.

And that's why Palpatene is awesome. He singlehandedly is shaking up the meta. Everybody hates fighting multiple tanks, and to those who hate fighting 2 tank squads...Palpatene is the answer and the man!
  • Options
    15% MAY be in addition or MAY be only a minimum floor. Not both. Not cumulitive. 75% potency vs 70% tenacity does not mean a negative result. It means, roughly 52%vs 48% possibility.

The results will show for itself soon enough, when peeps actually try n use tenacity mods.

Rex 133% tenacity, as i walk away from payout pointing my finger at the scoreboard. Ive seen the results.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Ibonedleia wrote: »
    15% MAY be in addition or MAY be only a minimum floor. Not both. Not cumulitive. 75% potency vs 70% tenacity does not mean a negative result. It means, roughly 52%vs 48% possibility.

The results will show for itself soon enough, when peeps actually try n use tenacity mods.

Rex 133% tenacity, as i walk away from payout pointing my finger at the scoreboard. Ive seen the results.

Per Dev's
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/581984/#Comment_581984

Tenacity - potency = chance to resist. Chance to resist can not go below 15%
    EP lead has 79% potency

So 70% tenacity vs 79% potency only gives the minimum 15% chance to resist. As stated it like having no tenacity added at all.

Max geared ep lead base potency of 79% can reduce up to 94% tenacity to the minimum of 15%.

Your 133% tenacity Rex is doing better
    133-79=54% chance to resist.
  • Nodisintegtations
    226 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I've endured Rey and her OP in the Arena, I've endured Akabar and his OP leadership abilities, and now I will endure EP. Same old same old just another meta thing to hold the fort against.
  • Options
    Aniema wrote: »

And that's why Palpatene is awesome. He singlehandedly is shaking up the meta. Everybody hates fighting multiple tanks, and to those who hate fighting 2 tank squads...Palpatene is the answer and the man!

Ooohwee. I run 2 tanks with him. I think people in my shard don't like me that much. Rex, Palps, Aayla, Fun Sac, Fivez. Aoe's get countered, droid, palp, and old ben teams get tenacity up.
  • Options
    @scuba

Interesting comments from dev. Perhaps ive had very good luck. Based on my arena matches, going against plus 90% potency rg's n palps, my resists have been much higher than that math suggest. Ive read other devs posts in the past explaining defense stats, yet there was an update to 'fix' how it was displayed. Imo it fixed more than just the 'display'. Which gets us to WAI. If thats their intention, my experience has been much different. Let alone their intention for various characters that later were fixed for bugs. A bug perhaps? Maybe. I would ask you to experiment n please lemme know your findings.
    Thanks for the link n taking time to respond.
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Perhaps I am doing more than just ok, but my chance of getting to top 5 has been significantly decreased, from 60% to less than 30% since the emperor took over. No matter who rules in the arena, there is a place for me among the top 10. The picture was taken last night, before was No.8, No.5 and No.3.
    fx78IZ3.png
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @scuba

Interesting comments from dev. Perhaps ive had very good luck. Based on my arena matches, going against plus 90% potency rg's n palps, my resists have been much higher than that math suggest. Ive read other devs posts in the past explaining defense stats, yet there was an update to 'fix' how it was displayed. Imo it fixed more than just the 'display'. Which gets us to WAI. If thats their intention, my experience has been much different. Let alone their intention for various characters that later were fixed for bugs. A bug perhaps? Maybe. I would ask you to experiment n please lemme know your findings.
    Thanks for the link n taking time to respond.

That dev comment was post potency/tenacity normalization (the display fix)

I have in the past run a high tenacity Rex and sunfac, depending on my team lineup. Based on the math I was in the 50%+ to resist. Using tenacity can work, I had a good amount of resists, but unfortunately it is much rng involved with it. If I am going to use tenacity I want always resist. Simpler to just use Rex and his tenacity up and keep using my crit chance, crit damage, health or other mods.

The main point is with tenacity mods you really need to go big or don't bother, your 133% tenacity Rex is a good example. The one's who developed the game has stated with the way it works 70% tenacity vs a Palps in lead is useless.
  • Options
    P.S. Yoda, problem solved. If ya cant match the mod meta, qgj as lead def helps. In fact just tried that w my arena team out payout (3 outta 5 palps in top 5), it was even easier. Granted im rocking yoda at 320 speed w qgj lead, but still. Easy

How do you get 320 speed on yoda. Qgj gives you 30, so that leaves you with 290. Yoda base speed is 160 if I remember correctly, leaving you to have 130 speed just from mod? Good freaking lord... those secondary stats must be monstrous.
  • Ibonedleia
    114 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @VirtraThrad

Yes the secondaries are substantial. I refreshed about 25 times in mod shipments looking for just the right speed mod (10% bonus for set, my yoda base speed shows 223=22) and secondary speed stats. Bout 100 bucks. Really tough when your facing a palp at 288 speed n 90 potency.

Its mod meta now but palps def is changing things, for the better imo. I need two or three diff lineups to navigate to number 1.

@scuba thanks for the non vitriol feedback. Thats a nice change round here. Good luck (rng) to ya.
    Post edited by Ibonedleia on
  • Options
    @scuba
    This morn i moved yodas speed mods to rex, i must agree with you. Rex before palp, simply better that way. Ill work w that now. Now who to give all those tenacity mods to?
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @scuba
    This morn i moved yodas speed mods to rex, i must agree with you. Rex before palp, simply better that way. Ill work w that now. Now who to give all those tenacity mods to?

Lol. Yeah I am sitting on a bunch of them. One day they may be made more effective.

And one day CG will make Rex use SD first and he will rule on defense!
  • Options
    CG need to fix REX SD 1st A.S.A.P. We payed crazy amount $$$$ in chromiuns + shipments to *7 and he is subpar on arena loosing to FTP leads. What's wrong with devs? Just fix the AI order for whales sake.
    Do or do not...