Poe
Han
Fives
Daka

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    How are Sid and Lumi underrated? I understand underrated as "people don't value them properly", and I think everybody knows those are good. I would say that Geo Soldier or maybe Resistance Pilot are underrated (slthough lot of people are realizing Geo). HK47 is also quite good, and most people ignore him, that's underrated too. Nightsister Initiate is also quietly good.

Yours is more a list of good chars that give you a lot for their cost. I'd add IG88 to the list. He's squishy, but he can clear the board
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    How are Sid and Lumi underrated? I understand underrated as "people don't value them properly", and I think everybody knows those are good. I would say that Geo Soldier or maybe Resistance Pilot are underrated (slthough lot of people are realizing Geo). HK47 is also quite good, and most people ignore him, that's underrated too. Nightsister Initiate is also quietly good.

Yours is more a list of good chars that give you a lot for their cost. I'd add IG88 to the list. He's squishy, but he can clear the board

I think that's a list he is excluding as potential topics of discussion as the first thing he said was
    Not named

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Ahhhh.

Totally my bad. Yeah, that make sense.
    Resistsnce Pilot is the first that comes to mind. Will think about more later.
  • Options
    Nightsister Initiate seems promising. Second highest HP at max level according to Swgoh cantina. Then she hits really hard too.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    What do you think of a team with:
    - ig88
    - Tie pilot
    - Cheebacca
    - Han
    - Luminara

So 2 glass canon and 2 taunt tank and a good healer

??
  • Options
    - ig88
    - Tie pilot
    - Cheebacca
    - Han
    - Luminara

So 2 glass canon and 2 taunt tank and a good healer

??

AI will taunt with Poe and Chewie at the same time, so once they are dead or the taunt expires you now have nothing. It's a waste of a turn.

Barring Poe, tanks are pretty useless in Arena if they are 'full tanks' meaning they don't have support capabilities like Poe.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I've been training up Biggs Darklighter, actually. He hits his stride at 4*, and my guess is he's underpowered right now - There's some impending "Ship Synergy" mechanic that will probably make him deadly at... something. His bonus attack has high crit like IG-86, but does less damage, but he's also far less squishy.
  • Options
    How abt Sid, Geo, 86, Poe, Lumi?
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

How is this even remotely related to the topic? O_o There are so many "what do you think of my team?" topics, you could've picked any one of those to ask your question...

@ OP:

I agree with @Triqui - Resistance Pilot probably takes the cake. Put him in an evading (with Dooku, Old Ben or even Lumi or Talia as leaders) or Critical Hit team and just watch him work his magic. He's probably going to be the next character I'm going to farm from GW, just as soon as Lumi is 6* (which is tomorrow - with the recent changes to GW having more characters seems more important than bringing them up to 7*).
  • Options
    Although isn't R pilot similar to Tie Pilot without Phasma FO bonus?
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options

Not really. FOTP revolves around high-dmg crits, while Resistance Pilot is more about attacking repeatedly (due to bonuses to his turn meter) and giving your team an advantage (with Expose).

This actually gives me an idea for an all-pilot team: Resistance Pilot, FOTP, Poe Dameron, Biggs and, maybe, Fett. No real synergies between them, but they all fly stuff :)
  • Options
    So expose = armor ignore?
  • Options
    Expose = 20% health damage on next damage taken (including DOT and talias self damage heal etc)
  • Options
    I'd say for me, I find these underrated...

Biggs Darklighter
    Nightsister Initiate
    Geonosian Soldier
    Dathcha
    Savage Oppress
  • Options
    A list of 14 are the "most underrated?"
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    A list of 14 are the "most underrated?"

Please read the topic (not just the OP) before replying, this has already been explained:
    I think that's a list he is excluding as potential topics of discussion

Basically it's a list of characters NOT to be discussed.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

He's different. However, a farmable poor's man version of FOTP is exactly what this topic is about: "sleeper" good chars that can be upgraded without pouring thousands into Chromium Packs, either for F2P players or for players who ocassionslly pay for refills or buy some bundles but don't have 7* Leias and Landos and Qi Gon Jins.
    A char who could do 85% of what FOTP does but farmable in reasonable fashion would enter in most people's bench for GW, at the very least
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    If Resistance Trooper were easier to farm, I'd try a Resistance team, based around Expose. Sounds intriguing
  • Options
    On that list --- I think JC is the most underrated toon. he kind of gets dismissed for being a weak toon or in favor of Lumi, but I like him > Lumi for GW because of his better cooldown rate and ability to reduce his cooldowns on his basic. He's one of my GW MVPs as a result that I can somewhat spam a 4.2k heal.

Next would be Luke - that guys hits really hard.

I would have said GS a few days ago - but he seems to be catching on more. Other than Poe, he could quite possibly be the best toon on that list....right there with Sid / Poggle.

I believe we may not have seen the best from 5s - end game he may be really strong.
  • Options
    Rey and 86 are the obvious choices on that list. Resistance trooper is probably the most interesting to me however as expose is one of the best debuffs in game. I've heard limited but good things about biggs, he seems similar to GS or a poor FOTP.

A character nobody has really talked about is Savage Opress. With the level cap increase savage can hit tier 9 gear, will be (I think) in the 1k range for HP, and gets some decent damage boosts through abilities. Might be a tanky fives sort of character without the utility but with more damage.
  • Options
    I forgot about Teebo, he's super tanky with the update and could be really good if you set up the right team for him.
  • Options
    On that list --- I think JC is the most underrated toon. he kind of gets dismissed for being a weak toon or in favor of Lumi, but I like him > Lumi for GW because of his better cooldown rate and ability to reduce his cooldowns on his basic. He's one of my GW MVPs as a result that I can somewhat spam a 4.2k heal.

Next would be Luke - that guys hits really hard.

I would have said GS a few days ago - but he seems to be catching on more. Other than Poe, he could quite possibly be the best toon on that list....right there with Sid / Poggle.

I believe we may not have seen the best from 5s - end game he may be really strong.

Have you tested Finn much? To me he seems to hit harder than Luke and have more health. I can only judge by borrowing toons because I don't have Luke. Finn would get my vote, as he doesn't seem to get much love.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Finn is great imo, he just doesn't fit meta very well. It's just really expensive to try and gear / level characters that aren't a planned part of your team.
  • Options
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    I forgot about Teebo, he's super tanky with the update and could be really good if you set up the right team for him.

That is a good call there.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Finn hits quite hard with the first shot vs each tsrget, 65% bonus is decent.
  • Options
    I have finn but his expose/stun ability isnt as great as i though, it never does both and sometimes neither but it has a 65 and 75% chance to do them
  • Options
    Genosian Soldier, and he's not even on your list.
  • Options
    I think boba is underrated. I Have him at 7* and hits really hard, and the 80% ability block+ damage saved me so many times, mainly when there are healers in thw other team.
  • Options
    Ewok Elder. His heal removes negative effects and heals around healing blocks. And he's the only character with a garaunteed revive ability. Doesn't do a lot of damage, but he has great turn meter advantage and strikes twice as often as most. Very underrated.

I like IG86 too, even if he doesn't have much HP. He always dies first, but I have Ewok Elder to bring him right back
  • Options
    I like night sister initiate, she is surprisingly useful and does quite a lot of damage for the huge health pool. Only problem is there might be others you want from GW shards.