Most underrated farmable characters.

Replies

• Options
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    I forgot about Teebo, he's super tanky with the update and could be really good if you set up the right team for him.

That is a good call there.

I was reading another thread where somebody was saying that they had about 80% removal rate on Poe's taunt with Teebo, that's really impressive.
  • Options
    I think bobba is heavily underrated.

He gets good hp has decent attack and the crit damage bonus paired with evasion and occasional revive is quite nice
  • Options
    I have Resistance Pilot at 5* and I like him better than tie pilot (he's faster, and works nicely with finn/poe lead). Foresight is a fun buff, I wish it would proc a bit more often on him since he's easily squishable by QGJ/Leia/Geo and the like.

I'm really curious about all the ewoks now (I hate them in the movies but gotta admit reluctantly that they seem pretty legit fun to play).

Also, Dathtcha intrigues me.

I'm currently working on Ackbar for GW debuff teams (got fed up with Sid/Vader/Phasma combinations).
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I've now half-way farmed Finn and hoping I didn't make a mistake. I could have done IG-86 or GS (and I did do enough Cantina on GS to at least unlock him) but I was hoping Finn would be one of those "diamonds in the rough". I never see him in teams and he appears to be the least powerful and least used of the Episode VII characters (except maybe first order stormtrooper).
    He probably needs a buff. In particular, he has a special that only buffs and does no damage, and that's often a waste of a turn.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    I have finn but his expose/stun ability isnt as great as i though, it never does both and sometimes neither but it has a 65 and 75% chance to do them

It does both, just not consistently, but it happens. Poe lead instead of him can make it better.
    It's a gamble to use this skill, I use it strategically and if it fails no biggies moments. It depends how much hp is left on the unit, and who is attacking next :)

Finn's base attack is sweet. His leader skill buffs all allies (as opposed to Poe's). I'm a fan of Finn even if he's nothing "exceptional" when using the common criteria people use to gauge characters. To me he's just well rounded, sort of an underdog/under the radar guy, and he's a good damage soak in arena. I'm the only one in the top 20ish using him as leader on my arena lb. I just hate that the AI uses his silly buff in round 1, which is the worst strategy ever. He is like Talia in this. Just **** on AI.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Ilza
    67 posts Member
    Options
    It's hard to say what's underrated, but Hoth Rebel Scout and Finn are likely suspects.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I've now half-way farmed Finn and hoping I didn't make a mistake. I could have done IG-86 or GS (and I did do enough Cantina on GS to at least unlock him) but I was hoping Finn would be one of those "diamonds in the rough". I never see him in teams and he appears to be the least powerful and least used of the Episode VII characters (except maybe first order stormtrooper).
    He probably needs a buff. In particular, he has a special that only buffs and does no damage, and that's often a waste of a turn.

If I can reassure you... I use Finn A Lot. I didn't farm the droids, instead went for units that can deal with them (Finn can take a hit from those guys). His buff is really useless in arena, it's a complete waste of a turn indeed, but it is useful in specific situations in GW, especially with the change they did to retreat now, i.e. self-heal = great on the last rounds when recharging cooldowns. That other buff embedded in it: never found it useful.

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks. I've got 50 shards now, so 3 more days and I'll get to give him a spin. I am not sure where I will use him but maybe a future update will provide a good niche for him. Appreciate the insights by someone who uses him.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Nightsister Initiate seems promising. Second highest HP at max level according to Swgoh cantina. Then she hits really hard too.

She is not the character you are looking for,lol.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Ring wrote: »
    What do you think of a team with:

How is this even remotely related to the topic? O_o There are so many "what do you think of my team?" topics, you could've picked any one of those to ask your question...

@ OP:

I agree with @Triqui - Resistance Pilot probably takes the cake. Put him in an evading (with Dooku, Old Ben or even Lumi or Talia as leaders) or Critical Hit team and just watch him work his magic. He's probably going to be the next character I'm going to farm from GW, just as soon as Lumi is 6* (which is tomorrow - with the recent changes to GW having more characters seems more important than bringing them up to 7*).

Resistance pilot is a good choice for underrated, but I'm thinking that without a taunt character most smart players at high lvls are taking him out in the first 2 turns of any arena battle. I don't know if I haven't seen any fully lvl'd ones or not but he is a target of opportunity for me. 2 or 3 hits and its 5 on 4 with a major piece of my opponents team gone.

Boba Fett.
    A lot of teams aren't equipped to handle 4 members all ability blocked at the same time. At higher lvls his evasion and revive can put attackers on defense, and make them have to play catch up.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Resistance Pilot being easy to kill is not different than any other glass cannons
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Resistance Pilot being easy to kill is not different than any other glass cannons

If the question was "who is the best glass cannon?" Then we could talk about that. The question was about underrated players not on the list.

I think if you put him on one of the teams your describing (evading team or a crit team) I think the common speed teams with a sid and Vader would eat them alive with their high HP, DOTs, and culling blade and lumi. You know those battles when kylo resets his cooldown 2 or 3 times in a row? That would be devestating .

Not not claiming to know everything. Just my opinion.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Again, you could say same things about FOTP. The team you are describing can also kill FOTP with Sid and Vader and Kylo. Actually easier than vs Resistance Pilot, as ResPil might have better dodge, and jump initiative order when he dodges. "Being able to die" is a common trait in most characters, specially damage healing chars. Don't see how that changes if Resistance Pilot is underrated or not.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Again, you could say same things about FOTP. The team you are describing can also kill FOTP with Sid and Vader and Kylo. Actually easier than vs Resistance Pilot, as ResPil might have better dodge, and jump initiative order when he dodges. "Being able to die" is a common trait in most characters, specially damage healing chars. Don't see how that changes if Resistance Pilot is underrated or not.

Lol...I'm not saying he isn't good or isn't underrated (I actually said I thought he was a good choice as underrated). I was just picking a farmable toon that wasn't on the list that I feel is better. Boba Fett is just a player I'd rather have right now over resistance pilot (i have both) that I don't see in arena very much.
    I could be completely wrong; although I don't think I am of course.
  • Options
    I've been training up Biggs Darklighter, actually. He hits his stride at 4*, and my guess is he's underpowered right now - There's some impending "Ship Synergy" mechanic that will probably make him deadly at... something. His bonus attack has high crit like IG-86, but does less damage, but he's also far less squishy.

I came here to post this. Biggs is great right now just at 4 stars on my phasma team. Every time I use him I am more impressed honestly. Biggs is the number 3 easiest to farm IIRC having cantina battle 3G, a hard node, and GW shipments. Highly recommend to any. Also Hoth rebel scout is cantina shipments and multiple hard ones.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Options
    twaller wrote: »
    I've been training up Biggs Darklighter, actually. He hits his stride at 4*, and my guess is he's underpowered right now - There's some impending "Ship Synergy" mechanic that will probably make him deadly at... something. His bonus attack has high crit like IG-86, but does less damage, but he's also far less squishy.

I came here to post this. Biggs is great right now just at 4 stars on my phasma team. Every time I use him I am more impressed honestly. Biggs is the number 3 easiest to farm IIRC having cantina battle 3G, a hard node, and GW shipments. Highly recommend to any. Also Hoth rebel scout is cantina shipments and multiple hard ones.

I have wanted to try hoth rebel scout out for a long time! How is he working out? What do you like about him?
  • Options
    Based on actually using these chars and having all the others:

Talia - 25 turn meter on heal allow me to kill an enemy before enemy cannheal second turn. She is niche but based on how mist anyone dissmisses her, makes her underrated. Not A class but definitely B+++.

IG-88 - get's 15% damage bonus with cap lift, and a bit more health. His squishiness is what kills the guy.

• Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Talia - 25 turn meter on heal allow me to kill an enemy before enemy cannheal second turn. She is niche but based on how mist anyone dissmisses her, makes her underrated. Not A class but definitely B+++.

IG-88 - get's 15% damage bonus with cap lift, and a bit more health. His squishiness is what kills the guy.

I also read that Talia's self heal is 700 to 1k when 7 starred and geared up...is that correct? If so, that's pretty dang good! I have her 5* and geared to 60 and self heal at 280 to 380. Guess I could figure it out if I wanted, but I'm looking for someone who uses her at that lvl to confirm or deny lol.
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    I have finn but his expose/stun ability isnt as great as i though, it never does both and sometimes neither but it has a 65 and 75% chance to do them

It does both, just not consistently, but it happens. Poe lead instead of him can make it better.
    It's a gamble to use this skill, I use it strategically and if it fails no biggies moments. It depends how much hp is left on the unit, and who is attacking next :)

Finn's base attack is sweet. His leader skill buffs all allies (as opposed to Poe's). I'm a fan of Finn even if he's nothing "exceptional" when using the common criteria people use to gauge characters. To me he's just well rounded, sort of an underdog/under the radar guy, and he's a good damage soak in arena. I'm the only one in the top 20ish using him as leader on my arena lb. I just hate that the AI uses his silly buff in round 1, which is the worst strategy ever. He is like Talia in this. Just **** on AI.

I love your current team setup. I can win but uses a lot if creativity and you haven't yet max geared all thise charsband is very challenging. I try to avoid fighting it all that I can.

I have 4* Resistance Trooper. What is putting me iff is he crits almost never. Maybe it is because 7* resist a lot and I primarily try him out there. It's one of thise chars I want to believe in - but not happy right now
  • Options
    twaller wrote: »

What does his base damage look like at 4*? I have him at 2* right now
  • Options
    I have hoth rebel scout, he is very good, good dps, pretty good hp, stun, and on a critical with his special he has 100% turn meter. though , as has been mentioned, his passive ability isn't so useful. I also use resistance pilot who I like very much. good damage, expose and foresight which helps with his otherwise squishiness. I like resistance trooper as well. though he is only good with other resistance for the expose to move his turn meter. trooper is hard to farm, where as pilot I have at almost 7 stars.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    A list of 14 are the "most underrated?"
    @Mephisto_style
    :D Learn to read. I just named out the obvious good f2p farms which people would list, a lot of those names on the list aren't underrated. Comprehension isn't your strong point is it?
  • Options
    Ilza wrote: »
    It's hard to say what's underrated, but Hoth Rebel Scout and Finn are likely suspects.

I dont think Finn is that underrated. He's really tanky, but after borrowing several 5-7 star Finn's, I think he's pretty mediocre tbh. If they raised the stun rate he'd be underrated.
  • Options
    How are Sid and Lumi underrated? I understand underrated as "people don't value them properly", and I think everybody knows those are good. I would say that Geo Soldier or maybe Resistance Pilot are underrated (slthough lot of people are realizing Geo). HK47 is also quite good, and most people ignore him, that's underrated too. Nightsister Initiate is also quietly good.

Yours is more a list of good chars that give you a lot for their cost. I'd add IG88 to the list. He's squishy, but he can clear the board

reading comprehension level on this board=1st grade level :D
  • Options

You still use Talia? The people in your bracket must love to attack you.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I think first order storm trooper would be awesome maxed out also. High HP, can put himself
    Ilza wrote: »

I dont think Finn is that underrated. He's really tanky, but after borrowing several 5-7 star Finn's, I think he's pretty mediocre tbh. If they raised the stun rate he'd be underrated.

Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Options
    HK, Lobot (in a droid team), Opress and Ventress are underrated IMO.
    I suspect Ewok Elder is too.

I've run into a few res pilots and they are kind of the poor man's FOTP but you need to respect them.

I forgot about Teebo, he's super tanky with the update and could be really good if you set up the right team for him.

What did they do to Teebo in the update? I don't recall seeing anything in the notes.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    HK, Lobot (in a droid team), Opress and Ventress are underrated IMO.
    I suspect Ewok Elder is too.

I've run into a few res pilots and they are kind of the poor man's FOTP but you need to respect them.

What did they do to Teebo in the update? I don't recall seeing anything in the notes.

Why do you find Savage underrated? Do you find him underrated in PVE or PVP? I find him quite awful in PVP.
  • Options
    This thread had some good information until it got derailed.

Please keep posts on-topic. Comments against other posters will be reviewed.

Can we go back to talking about Finn and underrated heroes in the game?

FashionFett
  • Options
    Boba only works well as leader with the droids. Luminara neglects large part of Boba usefulness and so does Barris. I think Biba fall in the overrated category.