• Options
    Blackjacks wrote: »
    Im not F2P but I beat this squad using
    Ep (L)
    RG
    Sun Fac
    GS
    Gspy

The thing that helped me out a lot is taking the speed arrow off my toons and giving them all Crit Avoidance mods.

Now I know everyone says speed speed speed but if lando and JKA aoes don't crit for 10k+ Dmg they go down rather easy.

This man gets it. Speed is not the be all, end all. If the other team can't hit hard, then going first means nothing. Run General Grievous as lead, while everyone has critical avoidance mods, and watch Lando's and Anakin's AOE be rendered useless.

A counter team with Ima as lead with crit avoidance mods works as well. Use B2 as your fifth and every enemy AOE gives him 100% turn meter -> dispel STHan -> and it's gg since the enemy is running crit damage mods and are squishy.
  • Options
    The title says perfect squad... but in reality its finding the perfect mods
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Broda wrote: »
    I am able to beat any team I've come across except this one. No counters seem to work.

EP (L)
    RG
    Rex
    Anakin
    Lando

If I'm missing something and anyone has any insight please let me know.
    I can comfortably beat that with HK (L), Grievous, 88, 86, JE. I bench B2 when Lando and Palpy are together and use 86 for the early DPS. JE fires up, GG hits his AoE then laugh to cover the team in debuffs; 88 rips through them with his AoE then deletes Lando with his basic; they weather JKA's retaliation; 86 deletes Palpy; hit auto and grind RG until he loses his taunt; focus down JKA; hit auto.

There you go. There's your perfect counter to the perfect team. Only it isn't because you probably don't have most of those toons. As this game is all about finding the perfect counter to any given problem, you've asked a ridiculous question by not listing your own forces from the outset. I'm surprised you didn't get chastised for it sooner. Giving someone stick because they quite rightly pointed out the hollowness of your post only looks bad on you, bud. The correct response would have been to clarify or quantify your question.

TL;DR If you want good advice, ask good questions...
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Options
    I am kinda lost with what to do next
    Level 74

My team is
    Lumi 7*
    Darth sidious 7*
    Nightsyster I 7*
    QGJ 5*
    RG 4*

I also have akbar 7*
    Barris 5*
    Asajj 5*

Currently farming QGJ,RG,Rey, leia and 86..

I only won the GW a couple of times and I only got on top 100 once.. Any suggestions on how to optimise my heroes for success?

Thanks,
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    There is no "perfect squad"

They all have a counter...

It's just a matter of you having the characters at your disposal and the appropriate mods to make them as effective as they should be

Why does this thread keep popping back up lol

Personally, I find that I keep returning to a clone/ Jedi team (after trying an absurd amount of different teams and setups) and have found it the most reliable and consistently strong to deal with the different setups people are using lately (Wiggs, Palp, various aoe teams, droids, other Rex teams, etc...).

Rex (L), Anakin, Aayla, Fives and Plo Koon. Sun fac basically serves the same purpose in this team as Plo and is another solid option.

I honestly think it's the best all around team in the current meta for dealing with the various other teams you will most likely come up against. You can consistantly beat any other team dispite any speed disadvantage... Which would typically make a big difference in the outcome of the fight.

Rex is the key to counter the current meta and unfortunately a lot of people don't have him in their lineup.
    Post edited by Smapty on
  • Options
    In my opinion the perfect squad is one that can win reliably (95%) against any combination while on offense, but not be a threat on defense so that other folks can easily get high rewards on their payout times.

For me, I think that's Anakin, Fives, Aayla, RG, Stun Solo - Switching RG for SF when you're facing a team where you feel the need to dispel a taunt.

It's powerful enough to win on offense and weak enough to not frustrated players on defense.
  • Alanis
    334 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I havn't lost a Battle sense I finished my new team on offense. And I've only seen a few teams that Beat me and I havn't fell out of Top 10 in awhile now.

Wedge L
    Biggs
    Lando
    STH

Fifth toon I rotate Hans RG Rey and Anakin depending on who it is and how I feel. This team can Beat any Meta out there