F2P should win 50% of time against P2P? I don't think so.

Replies

• Options
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    also that would totally negate skill... there are plenty of pay to drive drivers in formula 1 for example. they don't get to win just cause they pay... quiet the opposite !!!
    ChrisZovy wrote: »
    VektorT wrote: »
    I'm P2P in this game and I hate P2W anywhere. I only pay to get things faster, not expecting unfair advantages that a F2P wouldn't have. In fact, I'm very happy that going F2P in this game is viable, just slower.

I think this is a great point. I used to be P2P not P2W. I have Rex and Sun and can still win arena although I play maybe 4 mins a day. No time to play so I pay instead of spending time.

But poor OP he didn't realize the boards are owned by FTP who if you attack them you will be eaten. Why this game is stuck in neutral is that there isn't a larger motivation for the hardcore Paying players. Not saying it is good or bad but look at the top games. Those producing the most $$. You need to pay to get in the top 30-40%.

So good or bad I think the OP is correct to get true enhancements and true growth you need to create a gap between P2P and F2P. And if you think the "two month gap" is rnough you are a typical FTP that dominates these boards.

EA gives the FTP players too much power here.

This, as a former P2P I see no reason to continue this. Normally even as a P2P you do pay for a permanent advantage one way or the other. If you look at Clash of Clans for example, you pay but have a bigger advantage than in this F2P friendly game.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    I'm P2P in this game and I hate P2W anywhere. I only pay to get things faster, not expecting unfair advantages that a F2P wouldn't have. In fact, I'm very happy that going F2P in this game is viable, just slower.

I think this is a great point. I used to be P2P not P2W. I have Rex and Sun and can still win arena although I play maybe 4 mins a day. No time to play so I pay instead of spending time.

But poor OP he didn't realize the boards are owned by FTP who if you attack them you will be eaten. Why this game is stuck in neutral is that there isn't a larger motivation for the hardcore Paying players. Not saying it is good or bad but look at the top games. Those producing the most $$. You need to pay to get in the top 30-40%.

So good or bad I think the OP is correct to get true enhancements and true growth you need to create a gap between P2P and F2P. And if you think the "two month gap" is rnough you are a typical FTP that dominates these boards.

This post reeks of narcissistic self-entitlement. Do us all a favor and keep your opinions to yourself.

How about you do 15 minutes of research on the top value game developers. Then look at their games and the power their FTP players have. In every case the P2P players dominate. Welcome to the world. You forum guys who post hundreds and hundreds of keep things free items wrongly assume two things.

1. Us "whales" are running up our credit card debt. Honestly a few hundred bucks means nothing and I would rather spend it here and relax on my flights wifi than stare into the seat in front of me. The money means nothing to me. So buying time keeps the games interesting because, perish the thought, I actually work for a living all day wearing a suit that does not have my name on it.

2. Us "whales" somehow don't know how to play the game. Playing 5-6 mins a day I'm always 1-3 in arena. Have all my secondary mods at 15-18. Use Rex and SunFac. Can counter most other "metas" by changing up my team. Just because you play free doesn't mean you play better.

The fact that you small minded people use Whales is a bad terms shows your complete lack of knowledge of the economics of how these games work. But keep up your 1000 posts you are making a real impact on the world.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    To anyone saying this game isn't PTW now is blatantly wrong.

I'm on a very old server and all the whales run Rex lead SF and some variant of Ani Lando Wiggs Han EP to fill in the other spots, and I can't beat these teams. Of course they're all modded for speed and faster than all of my toons, but Rex lead with SF is the ptw meta now and it is living proof that this game is ptw now.

On top of that, if you don't pay for the best mods, that means you're bad and have no skill so you'll drop in arena.

Just sayin, this is the most ptw/ptp friendly state this game has ever been in. I can farm whoever I can and mod them with my best mods, but it's very discouraging to know that there is absolutely nothing I can do to reliably counter the ptp meta toons.

give it time, you'll beat them once agian, like you have been in the past. No one denied that p2p has an advantage, only stated that it's a temporary advantage. I agree that it's a good time to be p2p currently, let's just let them enjoy their money spend for a while and let's not resort to whining and begging for nerfs. This is not meant for you personally, but in general. This game has proved time after time that it allows f2p to catch up with the whales who will get stuck at a glass ceiling.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    you also must be on very short flights if you use this to pass the time on the plane but only play 5-6 mins a day... but that was blatant trolling by me. the majority of your post was fair.

I'm am pay to play to a certain extent.. didn't realise how much I spent till I checked back and was horrified. but I do enjoy the game and play it probably and hour and a half a day.

I don't expect to win cause I have spent this money... I did it so that I could unlock more variety... not to win... cause I have collected some rubbish characters...

I don't think we should have a power advantage over those who don't pay.. I don't want to be able to easy beat everyone. I don't want a game with only 30 players per shard.

it's a game I want to play with as many people and variety that I can.
  • Options
    You're all missing the point, which is: if you take away any advantage for paying customers, and free players have an equal opportunity to beat a paying customer, then who in their right mind would spend money on this game? And without a revenue stream for EA/CG, guess what, there is no game, even for the free players.

Too many free customers want the same advantages as paying customers, which just doesn't make sense. So I made this post to call attention to this incorrect forum ideology.

Although I have to agree with some of the other post...P2P shouldn't automatically equal P2W. I hear ya and I think I understand somewhat what you are trying to get at. If somone is willing to pay they should inherently always have advantage over those that don't and that advantage should directly correspond to the amount of money spent regardless of the amount of time spent grinding it out. In the interim when new levels, gear and such are introduced the game somewhat does supports that, but after a certain period of time F2P does catch up to P2P and the advantage is lost and so is the incentive to keep paying if your goal is compete against others.

Other than that, maybe your issues is with all of the whining that goes on in theses fourms about F2P being at a disadvantage and that the game should change to make F2P more competitive...well that's just disgusting on thier part...and I'd be willing to bet they are voting for Hillary lol...but welcome to the "entitlement" era. Sadly there are a lot peeps this day and time that want everything everyone else has but with someone else paying for it. Which is true to a lot of the sentiment in these forums as well as today's society.

And again people blaming young people. What's wrong with Hillary supporters? You probably assume every left wing person some hobo living off the government. I morally can't vote for Trump. I rather be shot.

I morally can't vote for Hillary, she's a criminal and a murderer. (Do you know how much a minimum wage increase would screw up the economy?)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    It's not the board to talk about politics...
  • Options
    Nightwolve wrote: »
    It's not the board to talk about politics...

*sneaks back into the shadows*
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    [.
    Alexone wrote: »
    This thread still going? Haven't you read OP posts? :smiley:

Ya, you should, they're great posts... :D
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    [.

Yep you are a regular fountain of wisdom. :D
  • Options
    [.

LOL, you're alright man... Nothing finer than an expert troll.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    You're all missing the point, which is: if you take away any advantage for paying customers, and free players have an equal opportunity to beat a paying customer, then who in their right mind would spend money on this game? And without a revenue stream for EA/CG, guess what, there is no game, even for the free players.

Too many free customers want the same advantages as paying customers, which just doesn't make sense. So I made this post to call attention to this incorrect forum ideology.

Other than that, maybe your issues is with all of the whining that goes on in theses fourms about F2P being at a disadvantage and that the game should change to make F2P more competitive...well that's just disgusting on thier part...and I'd be willing to bet they are voting for Hillary lol...but welcome to the "entitlement" era. Sadly there are a lot peeps this day and time that want everything everyone else has but with someone else paying for it. Which is true to a lot of the sentiment in these forums as well as today's society.

There is no "entitlement era." This isn't a new problem with today's society. People have always been like this, and always blaming the younger generation. Also, this isn't the place for politics (more than a little volatile anyway).
  • Options
    [.

LOL, you're alright man... Nothing finer than an expert troll.

I am no expert yet but i am learning from you. Say you wouldn't happen to have any relation with Timitock would you? :D
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I am completely against giving paying players a big advantage. I don't mind a little advantage, but I refuse to play any more games where someone who spends thousands or even 10s of thousands can dominate over everyone else, including those players spending a few hundred. At least this game isn't one where one can destroy entire armies and plunder all their resources making people quit the server cause a few hundred bucks has no chance.
  • Options

This post reeks of narcissistic self-entitlement. Do us all a favor and keep your opinions to yourself.

2. Us "whales" somehow don't know how to play the game. Playing 5-6 mins a day I'm always 1-3 in arena. Have all my secondary mods at 15-18. Use Rex and SunFac. Can counter most other "metas" by changing up my team. Just because you play free doesn't mean you play better.

You are always 1-3 in arena playing 5-6 mins a day YET whales don't get enough of an advantage and should get much more? Like i said, they need to implement you an 'i win' button you self entitled ***.

Ah yes there it is the normal F2P anger against those of us that actually have other things to do during the day and just play a few rounds and post now and again. Maybe one day we can be so great as you to post all day and play all day but have no money to actually pay for the game that you enjoy.

Keep on hating though. I'm sure it will get you far.

And thanks for the reminder on why I am most good paying customers stay WAY WAY away from these boards.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

You are always 1-3 in arena playing 5-6 mins a day YET whales don't get enough of an advantage and should get much more? Like i said, they need to implement you an 'i win' button you self entitled ***.

Ah yes there it is the normal F2P anger against those of us that actually have other things to do during the day and just play a few rounds and post now and again. Maybe one day we can be so great as you to post all day and play all day but have no money to actually pay for the game that you enjoy.

And thanks for the reminder on why I am most good paying customers stay WAY WAY away from these boards.

What makes you think f2p hates whales? Some of the best players I play with are whales. Then there are the unimaginative copycat ones on every board. That's fine as well, I'll make it a point to make it uncomfortable for them. This is motivating for me and keeps me playing the game. Doesn't make me hate anyone that plays the game.

The thing is we can't proclaim one game's way of running things as the right way only depending on profits. A game is not simply a profit making machine. Any game developer I've ever met had some ideals and desired an impact on game making of some variety. If the overall balances are fine for them, all the glory for them. If this game's way of running things isn't fine with you (as f2p, p2p,p2w,whale) just move on. That's what I did with the previous ones. My individual satisfaction is the only thing that counts regardless of my spending bracket.

People that rages class wars in gaming and tries to become the gatekeepers for the biz aspect of it...seems to miss the point of gaming. Let the people who are in suits that are paid to worry about it...worry about it and make individual decisions only depending on it's impact on you.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

paying to play less, that awesome. I've seen paying players say it before, not sure why though. being a whale in a game you play 5-6min a day seems like a waste of money. But it sure makes you look like you are a really important person IRL ;)
    FYI f2p doesn't need to spend more time per day on this game than p2p, not sure why people always think that.
  • Options

How about you do 15 minutes of research on the top value game developers. Then look at their games and the power their FTP players have. In every case the P2P players dominate. Welcome to the world. You forum guys who post hundreds and hundreds of keep things free items wrongly assume two things.

1. Us "whales" are running up our credit card debt. Honestly a few hundred bucks means nothing and I would rather spend it here and relax on my flights wifi than stare into the seat in front of me. The money means nothing to me. So buying time keeps the games interesting because, perish the thought, I actually work for a living all day wearing a suit that does not have my name on it.

The fact that you small minded people use Whales is a bad terms shows your complete lack of knowledge of the economics of how these games work. But keep up your 1000 posts you are making a real impact on the world.

When did I ever mention the term whale? I've spent more than my fair share of money on this game and could run Rex lead with Sun Fac if I wanted to. Does that automatically make me entitled to special treatment from EA cause I'm putting food on their table? I can flip the question around and ask just cause you spend money does that make you a better player? Btw I couldn't give a rat's **** what pompous corporation you slave away for and how you choose to spend your discretionary income. If the money means nothing to you then why not keep spending away :wink:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Ftp droids win 100% of the time against p2p. Suck it up son.

Barley Rex lead.

Yup. I run two F2P accounts, one all droids that I started AFTER my first account neglected droids. It's paid off in the long run, but the best counter to my F2P Droid squad is a P2P Rex squad. Just the fact of life. Rex squads are ridiculous. Then on top of that, Wedge has taken me, as F2P up until yesterday (at 2 cantina energy purchases a day) to get to 6*, he's only gear 8, and I'm in a VERY active heroic raiding guild. The clear advantage P2P has over F2P is gear. My guild mates who spend money have many more gear maxed characters than I do, and that's just fine. They paid for that advantage. P2P are able to adapt to and sometimes SET the meta shifts.

Is it possible for me to defeat P2P squads with either of my F2P accounts? Sure. But it's not easy.
  • Options
    @benacrow This is exactly the case. Pathfinder could have helped, but not against Rex lead. So at the end, f2p will go even further behind. Rex needs to be in gw shipments.

I hope Rex never becomes f2p, the nerf posts would be never-ending
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options

Although I have to agree with some of the other post...P2P shouldn't automatically equal P2W. I hear ya and I think I understand somewhat what you are trying to get at. If somone is willing to pay they should inherently always have advantage over those that don't and that advantage should directly correspond to the amount of money spent regardless of the amount of time spent grinding it out. In the interim when new levels, gear and such are introduced the game somewhat does supports that, but after a certain period of time F2P does catch up to P2P and the advantage is lost and so is the incentive to keep paying if your goal is compete against others.

And again people blaming young people. What's wrong with Hillary supporters? You probably assume every left wing person some hobo living off the government. I morally can't vote for Trump. I rather be shot.

I morally can't vote for Hillary, she's a criminal and a murderer. (Do you know how much a minimum wage increase would screw up the economy?)

The reason I can't vote for Trump is he wants to kill the families of terrorists which is killing civilians. Also a minimum wage increase will not screwa up the economy. Do you agree with Trump we should lower the minimum wage or get rid of it or higher it? He said all three.
  • Options
    @benacrow This is exactly the case. Pathfinder could have helped, but not against Rex lead. So at the end, f2p will go even further behind. Rex needs to be in gw shipments.

I think this is the first time since i watched the meta report where a p2p character is the most used leader, ahead of every other f2p character out there. Amazing!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

I think this is the first time since i watched the meta report where a p2p character is the most used leader, ahead of every other f2p character out there. Amazing!

he isnt the most used leader.. not by a long shot.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

It changed since i last looked, Rex had 2% in front of Lando. Are we looking at the same thing?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

It changed from 10 mins ago, Rex had 2% in front of Lando. Are we looking at the same thing?

that's only #1 teams. lol
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

It changed from 10 mins ago, Rex had 2% in front of Lando. Are we looking at the same thing?

What would a Rex be doing in top 100? Never seen one in there.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

rex lead #1: 115
    rex lead top10: 346
    rex lead top100: 531
    that means 185 rex users dont even finish top10. that's roughly 35% of the rex users. (assuming top100 counts everyone in the top100, including top10 and #1)
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options

#1 teams are usually the best summary of what the "meta" is though, since they're usually the sample of the strongest teams.
  • Options

that means 185 rex users dont even finish top10. that's roughly 35% of the rex users. (assuming top100 counts everyone in the top100, including top10 and #1)

Those 185 Rex users have quit the game a long time ago. :)
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »

#1 teams are usually the best summary of what the "meta" is though, since they're usually the sample of the strongest teams.

No, because the point of arena isn't to stay at rank 1 all day long. Plus that sample size is far too small for how diverse the meta is currently
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Those 185 Rex users have quit the game a long time ago. :)

well, next time you make statements like "rex is the most used leader" you really should think about what source you're gonna use, because this one kinda back fired.
This discussion has been closed.