F2P should win 50% of time against P2P? I don't think so.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @ImYourHuckleberry
    Just forget everything you've said so far, you were just making it more difficult for yourself with statements that are just ridiculous.
    What is the point you're trying to make? Keep it simple and short without getting into too much detail. I feel like we could actually agree to some extend.
    This game is really f2p friendly, you can easely compete with low / average spenders and even with gigantic whales at times. The advantage paying players currently have due to the meta shift and the introduction of mods is slowly decreasing each day. Once that is gone the only difference is the chromium exclusive toons, and even those are obtainable by f2p via shipments. I'm however confident that the devs throw something new at us to widen the gap once again. So at the end of the day i'm okay with how the balance between f2p and p2p is being managed. (currently for me that means some unbeatable teams in arena, wich is fine)
    The only thing that would bother me if i was p2p are the rather high prices for little advantage. You really need to spend alot to have a noticable advantage in arena, and keep spending to keep it that way. So basically the low spender is just paying to get less frustrated with certain roadblocks, wich is fine but in no way means that dedicated f2p players can't beat them in arena.
    And don't forget, doing well in arena get's you approximately $100 worth of crystals in a little over a month. Finishing #3 instead of #5 daily equals a crystal suscribtion.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Pjay wrote: »
    For every dollar spent a player does get an advantage, the more dollars spent, the more advantage. You cannot expect to throw some money down and automatically have an advantage over all F2P who may have been grinding for 6 months. The OPs point is totally redundant.

My point is based upon the forums where it seems at times the idea of f2p should be able beat p2p, all things being equal. It's pretty simple.

Instead I hear qualifications, that some people are more skilled, or have played longer, or whatever. If you want to bring that up fine, but I'd agree with you. That's not what I'm talking about. In general, p2p deserve to have an advantage, in mods, in toons, in gear, etc. Enough is not done to ensure that imo in the game.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    This is highly situational.

At the end of the day, money can't substitute for critical thinking (wish politics and business honored this).

So yeah, money can cut corners on the grind, but if someone who's played since launch has built smart teams within the current meta, they might do really well against someone who spent a lot but didn't choose good heroes or doesn't have many in the current meta.

Like life (because maybe GoH is more like life that I want to admit) not all money brings equal returns, especially related to the choices of the spender.

Hey ShaolinPunk! Thanks for stopping by the coffee shop.

BTW, I agree with your comments.

Haha of course! Love your comments, though I think you struck a nerve for a few. I need to finish reading it all haha. Remember the golden rule. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    For every dollar spent a player does get an advantage, the more dollars spent, the more advantage. You cannot expect to throw some money down and automatically have an advantage over all F2P who may have been grinding for 6 months. The OPs point is totally redundant.

My point is based upon the forums where it seems at times the idea of f2p should be able beat p2p, all things being equal. It's pretty simple.

Instead I hear qualifications, that some people are more skilled, or have played longer, or whatever. If you want to bring that up fine, but I'd agree with you. That's not what I'm talking about. In general, p2p deserve to have an advantage, in mods, in toons, in gear, etc. Enough is not done to ensure that imo in the game.

Actually, with the introduction of mods and several of the recent p2p heroes (and some staying p2p - Rex and SF, specifically), p2p players have a bigger advantage then they have had since launch.

When the level cap increases, they will enjoy yet another advantage. But I have a feeling that will be reigned in slightly.

Should p2p have an advantage? Absolutely. That advantage is temporary though....and that is by design...otherwise p2p wont KEEP paying. Everything is working as intended...especially if p2p players feel f2p nipping at their heels.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

that's just it, f2p should be able to beat p2p eventhough all things aren't equal! p2p has a clear advantage so it takes more "effort" and more time for a f2p but they eventually should be ABLE to beat p2p.
    There should NOT be some magical pay wall f2p CAN'T get past with superior skill, patience and planning.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Maybe we were trying to analyze too large a piece with too many little itty-bitty moving parts with the initial post. At the root, I definitely feel I should get an advantage if I spend, and I believe you do, initially. Nikons JUST said this as well. You're paying for a temporary boost. We can quickly make the mistake of thinking the purchase is an actual, final event that gives a concrete advantage that others will have to also spend to become equal with us again, but it isn't actually how it works (because other people will do whatever they will, regardless of us).

These guys know what they're doing though, and it's a science built around keeping as many people playing as possible. The nice things is, you don't HAVE to spend more than 10 dollars to be competitive, and you don't have to be competitive if you spend $$,$$$.$$ dollars. :0)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    I dropped $20 to the game in the beginning, that I thought was what the game is worth for me. In return I got what's promised, a dooku and some daily gems. Both are fully neutralised after 9 months of playing compared to 0$ f2p...which is super fine by me.

Now what are you exactly asking for? Any sale item in the game is as advertised, you know what you are getting when you pay for it. Do you also want a hall of fame list or what? This is a free to play game where they sell you some ingame items like all other f2p games of the sort. They have never ever promised you anything more than that. If the products you are buying aren't worth for the price tag, vote with your wallet or ask for better products.

Coming over to **** on millions of players won't get you anywhere as they are not the ones that made the game free to play, it could easily have been subsription or buy the game model if the makers desired it to be. Given how famed for it's greed owner of this franchise (EA) is they wouldn't let it run this way if they weren't satisfied with the earnings.
  • Options
    Payment is not to make you better than everyone else. It's to get rid of time-gates. If you don't want to wait for things, you can pay for it. That in turn does give you an advantage but you aren't paying for the advantage.
  • Options
    If there were no p2p players there would be a better p2p model.
    So f2p should win 95% of the times imo
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

that's just it, f2p should be able to beat p2p eventhough all things aren't equal! p2p has a clear advantage so it takes more "effort" and more time for a f2p but they eventually should be ABLE to beat p2p.
    There should NOT be some magical pay wall f2p CAN'T get past with superior skill, patience and planning.

I agree with that, and since as a p2p player I think I'm the equal of anyone's skill, patience, and planning, I should on the majority of time win against a f2p player.
  • ImYourHuckleberry
    1421 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    But my real point is that I'm tired of the outspoken, maybe only a few, F2p, who expect, no almost demand to be equal to a continuing p2p player.

(can anyone say nerfers, who I believe are probably mostly f2p).
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    But my real point is that I'm tired of the outspoken, maybe only a few, F2p, who expect, no almost demand to be equal to a continuing p2p player.

Just to be clear, are you saying that you think you should win the majority of the time versus someone that you spent $10 more than?

edit: if not "the majority of the time" then how much more? How much should $10 be worth to you?
  • Options
    @ImYourHuckleberry Love the profile pic. Best album ever.

I'm pretty much f2p (occasional 100/day pack), and I don't EXPECT to reach #1 on my young shard. I will certainly try, though. What I'm taking from your post is that you're commenting on expectations, and I agree. F2p shouldn't expect to exceed p2p. The cries for nerfs are unreasonable.
  • Options
    i just wanna say, that last rebel pack they put in the palpatine event was worth it!
  • Options
    I am F2P and have never cried for a nerf. I do not think its accurate to put that solely on F2P.
  • Pyramidshawn
    871 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Actually, with the introduction of mods and several of the recent p2p heroes (and some staying p2p - Rex and SF, specifically), p2p players have a bigger advantage then they have had since launch.

This is absolutely the case. Tbh, I expected as much when I started and was suprised to see f2p hang so well for as long as they did.
  • Options
    Labels, so annoying. Oops, annoying is a label too. AAAAGH!
  • X_Deell_Jade_X
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You're all missing the point, which is: if you take away any advantage for paying customers, and free players have an equal opportunity to beat a paying customer, then who in their right mind would spend money on this game? And without a revenue stream for EA/CG, guess what, there is no game, even for the free players.

Too many free customers want the same advantages as paying customers, which just doesn't make sense. So I made this post to call attention to this incorrect forum ideology.

Although I have to agree with some of the other post...P2P shouldn't automatically equal P2W. I hear ya and I think I understand somewhat what you are trying to get at. If somone is willing to pay they should inherently always have advantage over those that don't and that advantage should directly correspond to the amount of money spent regardless of the amount of time spent grinding it out. In the interim when new levels, gear and such are introduced the game somewhat does supports that, but after a certain period of time F2P does catch up to P2P and the advantage is lost and so is the incentive to keep paying if your goal is compete against others.

Other than that, maybe your issues is with all of the whining that goes on in theses fourms about F2P being at a disadvantage and that the game should change to make F2P more competitive...well that's just disgusting on thier part...and I'd be willing to bet they are voting for Hillary lol...but welcome to the "entitlement" era. Sadly there are a lot peeps this day and time that want everything everyone else has but with someone else paying for it. Which is true to a lot of the sentiment in these forums as well as today's society.

• Options
    DrNocard said it best. Can't buy strategy, only time.
  • Options
    What about pay-less-to-play people - you know the ones who bought the Barris pack way back when. Do they get to beat full on pay to play people?

What's the discount regime - every $ spent gets me an extra 1% chance??

Seriously if you are P2W truly, and you are losing on offence more than 1/5 times......I'll call Greenpeace to come and bail you out!!!

I can only assume that the OP is trying to say that he is a part of the L2P subset of the P2W megoladon species. Good luck with that!!
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    anonidude wrote: »
    What about pay-less-to-play people - you know the ones who bought the Barris pack way back when. Do they get to beat full on pay to play people?

Seriously if you are P2W truly, and you are losing on offence more than 1/5 times......I'll call Greenpeace to come and bail you out!!!

I can only assume that the OP is trying to say that he is a part of the L2P subset of the P2W megoladon species. Good luck with that!!

You know what they say about assumptions.
  • Options
    anonidude wrote: »

You know what they say about assumptions.

Then what, precisely, is your complaint?

Either you are F2P and feel like you are winning too much or you are P2W and feel like you aren't winning enough. So which is it?

If you are F2P - just head up your squad with ugnaught - self nerf! Problem solved. Conscious absolved.
    If you are P2P and can't win....I'm sorry bud - maybe this ain't the game for you. Seek greener pastures elsewhere. Once again.....problem solved!

Thank me later - I'm just happy to be of some assistance where I can.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    P2P already has the best advantage over most f2p anyways... They obviously have tons of money lying around if they can shell out 4 figures into a video game with no actual return value in it, I mean it's not like you can make any money back in this.
  • Options
    You're all missing the point, which is: if you take away any advantage for paying customers, and free players have an equal opportunity to beat a paying customer, then who in their right mind would spend money on this game? And without a revenue stream for EA/CG, guess what, there is no game, even for the free players.

Too many free customers want the same advantages as paying customers, which just doesn't make sense. So I made this post to call attention to this incorrect forum ideology.

Although I have to agree with some of the other post...P2P shouldn't automatically equal P2W. I hear ya and I think I understand somewhat what you are trying to get at. If somone is willing to pay they should inherently always have advantage over those that don't and that advantage should directly correspond to the amount of money spent regardless of the amount of time spent grinding it out. In the interim when new levels, gear and such are introduced the game somewhat does supports that, but after a certain period of time F2P does catch up to P2P and the advantage is lost and so is the incentive to keep paying if your goal is compete against others.

Other than that, maybe your issues is with all of the whining that goes on in theses fourms about F2P being at a disadvantage and that the game should change to make F2P more competitive...well that's just disgusting on thier part...and I'd be willing to bet they are voting for Hillary lol...but welcome to the "entitlement" era. Sadly there are a lot peeps this day and time that want everything everyone else has but with someone else paying for it. Which is true to a lot of the sentiment in these forums as well as today's society.

And again people blaming young people. What's wrong with Hillary supporters? You probably assume every left wing person some hobo living off the government. I morally can't vote for Trump. I rather be shot.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm just waiting when **** s will be mentioned on the topic. oooooh...
  • Options
    So I guess we are back discussing the business model of these guys.. wth is this a forum or a chamber of commerce?! let these guys figure out their own game for yoda's sake!
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • Options

Altho I'm not sure I agree with your point but I have seen ftp players kill a game before once the advantage was lost. The advantage should never guarantee winning tho, it should make it at least slightly easier to achieve goals.
  • Options
    This thread still going? Haven't you read OP posts? :smiley:
  • Options
    To anyone saying this game isn't PTW now is blatantly wrong.

I'm on a very old server and all the whales run Rex lead SF and some variant of Ani Lando Wiggs Han EP to fill in the other spots, and I can't beat these teams. Of course they're all modded for speed and faster than all of my toons, but Rex lead with SF is the ptw meta now and it is living proof that this game is ptw now.

On top of that, if you don't pay for the best mods, that means you're bad and have no skill so you'll drop in arena.

Just sayin, this is the most ptw/ptp friendly state this game has ever been in. I can farm whoever I can and mod them with my best mods, but it's very discouraging to know that there is absolutely nothing I can do to reliably counter the ptp meta toons.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    @benacrow This is exactly the case. Pathfinder could have helped, but not against Rex lead. So at the end, f2p will go even further behind. Rex needs to be in gw shipments.
This discussion has been closed.