AoE must be put in line for the sake of balance.

13Next

Replies

• scuba
    14176 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    I'd hope they dont nerf anything, nerfs should only be used on game breaking issues, like for example say an unintended skill interaction. Almost on the bug fix level.

I do thing defense badly needs a look though, it hasn't scaled up remotely close to on par with offense.

You mean like how Offense Up increases damage out put by 50% but Defense Up only, in the best of circumstances, increases damage mitigation by 9%
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »
    I'd hope they dont nerf anything, nerfs should only be used on game breaking issues, like for example say an unintended skill interaction. Almost on the bug fix level.

I do thing defense badly needs a look though, it hasn't scaled up remotely close to on par with offense.

You mean like how Offense Up increases damage out put by 50% but Defense Up only, in the best of circumstances, increases damage mitigation by 9%

Precisely. Or how offensive leads generally give 30% or more bonus damage, while defensive provides maybe 5%. The only remotely usable "defensive" leads grant TM, which is really just a different brand of offensive lead. In the entire top 100 of my shard, there are 0 leads that dont grant TM or direct damage. ZERO.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Either way there is a huge imbalance in the force at the moment. And as a gamer who used to play a very popular MMORPG, I have to say it is distatseful to say the least and says alot for the lack of actual strategy in the game along with the balance across the board. If you could play chess with a board of queens vs pawns, which side would you choose to play on?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My first experience playing with Biggs + Lando:

With a 4 star wedge lead plus a gear 9 Biggs plus lando, I fought a team i have not beat before. My wedge AND biggs both died before they got a single move. And then I won with just lando under wedge lead.

I dunno if I am even gonna finish gearing biggs, now. Maybe i should be working on another taunting tank instead of biggs. 3 taunters, 4 star wedge for lead, Lando?

Or maybe leave wedge 4 stars and put in 1 star cup... so enemy lando doesn't get 2 crits, lol. Maybe that is why I won.
  • Options

The magic of the mods. I always liked lando but it was unusable in a competitive team.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    You being wrong is besides the point, the point is a huge disparity between damage and health amongst characters. You would think balance would mean if a character hits like a fish it should have survivability and vice versa, not if it has good health it can also do loads of damage and be fast. Come on now.

I don't think that all characters should be balanced. Some characters should just be better than others. I only consider characters overpowerd if there is no way to beat them without using the same character. The only teams that aren't beatable have far superior mods, the characters are very beatable.
    furthermore, obviously wedge has a high survivability if you try to kill him with eeth, but he certainly doesnt have a high survivability vs lets say rey or ig86. All the characters i mentioned have relatively low health/prot compared to their damage. (maybe not rex and palpi, but they obviously have other strenghts)
    Asking for balance is a never ending story, just enjoy the meta and try to prepare for the next meta. It will happen eventually. Why not just adapt instead of asking for balance nerfs?

+1
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The magic of the mods.
    Sorry, I don't get it? Is this not a response to my post?
    This was "magic of OP lead skill" plus Lando AOE. Team I beat has better mods... Probably in the top 3 teams on the entire shard for the last 4 or 5 months.

When is Wedge ready for arena? It's apparently whenever Lando is maxed, for one. :)
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    You guys really are very childish. The guy is raising legit points. If jawa critting for 6k on an aoe is normal, I don't think it's unreasonable for other toons to do this too. We shouldn't be seeing 17k crits on every character That's almost 100k damage in one move. Give rey 100k crits on her special and see how quick people go mad.

Ye only what you nerfherders don't understand is that you need 2 turns from Lando to reach this kind of damage. Not 1 like many people seem to think or at least describe it that way.

Yup this point has been completely ignored in this thread. Lando's first aoe barely makes a dent. If you can't stun him or take him out of commission by his 2nd turn, then you have misplayed.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It's easier said than done. Same thing could be said for Rey. Just stun her... didn't mean she didn't use beat the pants off people without the right toons!

Bottom line, get uber mods or get the right toons. They have taken away a lot of AI deficiency with the AOE change. If you don't have the ability/toons to stop enemy's Lando train, there is no smart decision or bad AI that can save you.

EP lead.... same thing. You need right setup or ur just beating a brick wall with your fist.

The latest toons just up the ante a bit. And in many cases they require other newer toons in order to beat them. If you wanna stop lando in time, you might need fac or B2 or wiggs or your own lando plus some other support toons. With Rey, there were usually multiple "old school" ways to eke out a win on offense. Lando and EP lead don't play that game. Most of the keys are new toons.
  • Options
    @GeorgeRules Wait.. are you saying that you're facing a Lando, Wiggs, and Ani modded for HP/Protection and LOSING? All those Landakin and Wiggs videos you've seen have their characters modded for Offense/Crit Damage. The ones in your screenshots do pitiful damage compared to properly modded versions.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    ^tRRRey, if someone can post link to those vids, I'd be grateful.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    It's easier said than done. Same thing could be said for Rey. Just stun her... didn't mean she didn't use beat the pants off people without the right toons!

Bottom line, get uber mods or get the right toons. They have taken away a lot of AI deficiency with the AOE change. If you don't have the ability/toons to stop enemy's Lando train, there is no smart decision or bad AI that can save you.

EP lead.... same thing. You need right setup or ur just beating a brick wall with your fist.

The latest toons just up the ante a bit. And in many cases they require other newer toons in order to beat them. If you wanna stop lando in time, you might need fac or B2 or wiggs or your own lando plus some other support toons. With Rey, there were usually multiple "old school" ways to eke out a win on offense. Lando and EP lead don't play that game. Most of the keys are new toons.

Rey hasn't changed one bit and yet is somehow easier to take out now.. She was never OP and never needed a nerf, the current meta proves that. Even modded to the teeth she has no place on top tier squads.
    EP lead went as fast as it came and doesn't cut it anymore if you plan on keeping your top 10 spot throughout the day.
    If you have no way of stopping Lando then you kind of deserve the loss. In the ever evolving arena landscape it makes sense that you would need to use newer characters and synergies to defeat whatever is at the top. Otherwise this game would become stale.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    if that happen, i call it as second time aoe nerf
    the cake is a lie