Does anything stop Rex Lead?

Replies

• Options
    Honestly that's what I thought also. But probably I have palp and it might have shocked b2 and he can't gained tm. But seems the guys running asajj have much success in taking me down rather than the guy with b2. But it can also be arena payout time.
  • Akiraine
    256 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Akiraine wrote: »
    Cool...
    OB
    SF
    5s
    Anni
    Aayla.

OB lead, I take it?
    So if they have 220 speed Rex and/or 210 speed ST Han, I can use
    OB lead
    B2
    5s
    Anni
    Aayla

And this will beat Rex L, lando, dual tank (FAC/B2/Han/RG), EP/Anni on auto...like half of the time?

against dual taunting tanks, sf is more effective.

But.... u said ben must be faster for fac to work...

So how does that work when ben has 112 speed? Rex is at least 125, right? Rex on my shard i can't out speed with ben..

So will not work with slower ben and b2?

ben can run speed set to get another 10% boost on base speed without losing much effectiveness. Don't think most Rex users will use speed set

if you need more speed there's other ways such as using a fast poe, poe base is higher than Rex iirc, but requires some tweaking to ensure ben goes after poe
  • Options
    JKA lead, LC, EP, Han ST, OG Han (to stun Rex, opening move)

Wiggs, LC, Han ST, EP or JKA

These sound good, too, thx.

og han is absolutely the worst toon to use against rex lead. He will pretty much definitely crit, and that will fill up a good rex lead team's tm and they will go before your other toons
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Cool...
    OB
    SF
    5s
    Anni
    Aayla.

OB lead, I take it?
    So if they have 220 speed Rex and/or 210 speed ST Han, I can use
    OB lead
    B2
    5s
    Anni
    Aayla

And this will beat Rex L, lando, dual tank (FAC/B2/Han/RG), EP/Anni on auto...like half of the time?

against dual taunting tanks, sf is more effective.

But.... u said ben must be faster for fac to work...

So how does that work when ben has 112 speed? Rex is at least 125, right? Rex on my shard i can't out speed with ben..

So will not work with slower ben and b2?

ben can run speed set to get another 10% boost on base speed without losing much effectiveness. Don't think most Rex users will use speed set

Speed set on Ben means he loses the benefit of potency sets? I don't like it
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I can get my poe faster. But not faster AND and with high potency. His TM essentially has to hit Rex. Worse, if he has sth, it has to hit both of them, and that is tough to rely on. Poe has lowwwww potency. I think not feasible.

I like the idea about speed set on old ben. That is a lot of speed on speed though... even if I whale, it will take weeks, lol. Not that there is any short term solution..... closest team that has been suggested I have is Wiggs with anni, lc, and that other dude. I have 4 out of 5. Using St han and rg instead on anni, I can beat these teams, sometimes. but nothing close to defending.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thx for all the suggestions so far... one last thing.

Is the best counter for rex lc dual tank ep/anni... Rex with better mods or different toons? I don't want that to be true.

Basically I hope there would be a team that in spite of having worse mods would give said rex team a hard enough time they would rather climb around than take a chance. Some defense without having better mods. A true counter. OB lead sounds like it has potential but not really meeting mod requirement.. Wiggs and landakin mebbe.... will see. If no true counter exists, I do not like this game very much.
  • Wiggo
    98 posts Member
    Options
    You can get Rex on F2P....his shards come up in shipments. Would take forever and cost a ton of crystals but if you are that way inclined its possible
  • Options
    I have Rex and I still don't get why he would be a better leader than Phasma...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Wiggo wrote: »
    You can get Rex on F2P....his shards come up in shipments. Would take forever and cost a ton of crystals but if you are that way inclined its possible

Kewl. What I really want is a new toon that specifically counters Rex's skill set. But I can't really even imagine what that would be..... except a new toon that goes first and ohko a 30% armor toon with 38k health.

****... u would just run him under rex lead.
  • Options
    In my shard, lando with a St Han faster than any Rex lead dual taunt team is a good counter. Lando, St Han, anakin, palp and asajj or b2 works great against Rex lead with dual taunt but again, sthan must be the fastest toon. As long as sthan gives tm first for first round, it beats Rex with dual taunt regularly.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Tactyou wrote: »
    In my shard, lando with a St Han faster than any Rex lead dual taunt team is a good counter. Lando, St Han, anakin, palp and asajj or b2 works great against Rex lead with dual taunt but again, sthan must be the fastest toon. As long as sthan gives tm first for first round, it beats Rex with dual taunt regularly.

Thx. Do u steer around this team? Or plow right through it? And what squad do u use?
  • Options
    Still blows my mind, all these threads about lando and wedge and very few about rex lead.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Tactyou wrote: »

Thx. Do u steer around this team? Or plow right through it? And what squad do u use?

Mostly I plow right it as I myself use Rex lead lol. Rex as lead, sun fac, palp, anakin and lando.

A guy in my shard communicates regularly and he uses that lando St Han team. I often see him taking down Rex lead and he took mine also by using the same team. The thing is every team can be taken down even as f2p. Just need to experiment. Though he can take down my team, he suffers with other player toons. But as he said, as long as he's taking top spot during payouts. I know that cuz he's a few hours after my payout and he needs to take me down from top spot. He just experiment regularly with toons and mods that can take down Rex lead.
  • Options
    Rex lead **** me off. Can I spend less than 10,000 dollars and make a team to stop Rex lead? What would it be. It can't include Rex.

It has to win on auto, i.e. defend 100%.

You're a LITTLE obsessed with Rex...
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    There's no team I face where I absolutely have to bench Rex in order to beat them. If only they fixed his AI to always use Squad Discipline first

Ooohwee. I kinda fixed my Rex to do this. JKA is at 232 speed. Rex at 231. JKA does his aoe and if he gets exposed, Rex immediately uses Squad Discipline.

Having said that though, I haven't been dropping many spots since I changed my lineup to include that.
  • Options
    Same here jambi. Mine runs at 232 and 230.
  • Options
    Akbar lead with Lando and fast st han
  • Options
    Rex isn't op. I have no problems with him, even if Lando does his AoE in automode.
  • Options
    I run Rex lead. When another player's ST Han (with Lando lead) goes first with his taunt it's usually a tough match and I lose at least 50% of those until I get better speed secondaries on Rex and he goes first. Then the other guy's ST Han gets faster, then I get faster and go first, and so the speed arms race continues :)
  • Tronixi
    58 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Nightwolve wrote: »
    Rex isn't op. I have no problems with him, even if Lando does his AoE in automode.

This. I run fast STh and have no issues agaisnt Rex lead. Hell even against full counter team under Rex lead (Aayla, SF, 5s ect) while using my aoe. Key is to make them fast and hit hard. By the time Rex lead gives TM they have lost half team or almost dead toons.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Rex (L)
    5's
    Clone Sergeant
    Anakin
    B2

Ani is at 240 and Rex at 235 to pop tenacity on defense when Ani is exposed. 5's and CS r fully modded for offense, crit and speed. With the tm gains and CS's ability to aoe strip tm, i stay top 10 and 1st at payout np. Woud NEVER bench Rex. He makes the team work.

As far as Asajj goes, Rex gains tm and is much faster than she is. He gets 2 turns to her 1 on average. She is a bad choice. B2 would b better.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Wedge and Biggs are one of your best duos
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You're a LITTLE obsessed with Rex...
    You should be, too.

Rex means that you need to be in the god **** speed race.

if not for Rex, you have droids. to beat most EP /ST Han teams, on offense.

Wiggs and droids beat each other on offense, mostly, all else equal. Droids can avoid hitting Biggs and Wiggs can beat droid AI.

Between EP and Wiggs, well, if you're faster, duh. But you can avoid the speed race by using droids. Rebs can also switch up their lead for more speed, and the EP lead has ability to rng win still. So it's not necessarily strictly speed, here.

Rex... means you need speed mods, period. Every new Rex that pops up with ST Han fresh from the mod shop, which is obvious when you see pathwork of 5 different sets which guy can't even unlock, yeah it **** me off, because the only way to beat that is with the god **** speed race. You need the right toons, and you still need to speed mod the **** out of them.

Droids would be the one pass for the speed race. JE gets such a big bonus, you can outspeed these other teams without a $300.00 a month subscription to the mod shop. And it's ok, because Droids can be beat without any speed at all. Would be....except Rex. Buy Rex. Buy mods. Game = pay to win. Droids already have a real counter, and the game does not need Rex, at all.

Because of Rex, there is no rock paper scissor. There is just one rock, and it's speed mods. Everything else is a scissor, waiting to be crushed by speed whale or Rex, or speed whale Rex.

There's an illusion of strategy and F2P viability. If you have the right toons for any given matchup, maybe you don't need the best mods to compete. Then Rex comes along and shows you what this game is really about. Mods/$$$, period.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Options
    This reminds me of my quest to find a ftp counter for droids. Doesn't exist. In this game there are fish and there is bait. Once the fish take the bait, we get given new bait. Rex is easy to beat. It is landakin behind RG that is the problem. Not easy to diffuse two bombs at the same time.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Droids are easy to beat with F2P toons. Crushed on offense. No mods necessary. Thus they don't even need Rex counter, yet throw that in, too. Also Wiggs and EP will rng beat the crap out of droids.

Rex is easy to beat for you, because you have uber speed mods and OB lead. lol. You beat Rex with speed mods. That is not counter, and Rex beats you back, easily, despite your speed mods.

Landakin behind RG/Fac, STH/B2 can be used with Rex lead. That makes it a problem. Otherwise it would have a F2P counter that doesn't bank on superior speed mods. Droids.
  • Options
    Lol... Really??? You sure it isn't lando that is beating me or anakin??? behind RG?? or palp??? or wiggs??? Or droids???
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I said landakin (without rex lead) has F2P counters that don't need speed advantage. I didn't say that counter was YOUR team.

I don't think every team should beat every team. I wish that by using the ideal toons, you should not need better mods to crush someone. And in this case, the right toons apprently don't exist to beat certain Rex lead combos. You need mods, mods, mods. AND the right toons.
  • Options
    I'm not argueing, I'm just saying you are wasting your energy on this one. Even if you find something it doesn't beat it will get nerfed into the ground. There are no hard counters. Just keep farming your wiggs squad and once it's done it will do well. Hide it behind RG and throw in palps, anakin or B2 and you'll be fine. Sin devil is only holding rank because of 2 things, 1. he is attacking outside his payout when people push him back and 2. His squad comp is Meta and beats all the newbs who got palp/droids and climbed. B2 is doing alot for that squad too.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sin/shakes are strong, yeah. But Drydin made a trip to the mod shop, yesterday and is a bigger problem. I got 2 different meta squads and 12 diferent variations between the two. And they all blow chunks against this squad. Durability got stopped too. Cuz there is no counter to Rex. Forget the 100% stop/defend. Just ability to compete with lesser mods would be nice. It might not exist.

You're perfect example of what I'm talking about. With your squad, you can whale all you want and people will still be able to compete with the right toons. Cam with his droid team, same. Rex, no. Just no.

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    This reminds me of my quest to find a ftp counter for droids. Doesn't exist. In this game there are fish and there is bait. Once the fish take the bait, we get given new bait. Rex is easy to beat. It is landakin behind RG that is the problem. Not easy to diffuse two bombs at the same time.

There most certainly is a f2p counter for droids.

IGD (L)
    Ani
    Aayla
    Kit
    B2

All tanky, lotta counters, crit buff removal, stun. Droids cant hang.